New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='berzirk']Agreed, and the best Collectors/Limited Edition I have ever purchased or considered purchasing. The packaging is great, the book is interesting, includes the DLC, has exclusive avatar rewards, has commentary from Remedy, one of the best devs on the planet. SUCH a great package.

You are a horrible person who probably tortures baby koalas. I kid, but damn dude, the story, the graphics, the gameplay, the score, and soundtrack, the chapter-style presentation. It was the first time since KOTOR where I felt like I was playing an epic novel or movie. Top 5 of all time game for me. Anxiously awaiting the sequel, especially since American Nightmare was just OK. These are the guys who did Max Payne 1/2, and to me, their storytelling and ambiance in the game...second to none.[/QUOTE]

oh i totally agree with your points ex for the gameplay. my gripes with the game were all game play and game design related.

[quote name='Josef']I got an email that said I have $3 in bonus points expiring today, but when I log on to my SYWR account the points don't appear there (like they've done in the past). Are your bonus points showing up on your SYWR account on the website?[/QUOTE]

That also happened to me, even in store it wasn't showing up as in the account.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Im going to Kmart now, no joke! They had 2 fallout new vegas CE's marked $49.99!!![/QUOTE]
When you get back, tell us what the price is. A Kmart near me has some of those.

[quote name='Metal Militia']Same here! I got the email for $3 in points, but the don't show up in my account :([/QUOTE]

What gives? Mine aren't in my account, either.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']That also happened to me, even in store it wasn't showing up as in the account.[/QUOTE]

Well I decided to buy something in store and the $3 in points did show up at checkout, so I was happy about that!

My $3 showed up at checkout. I didn't think they charged tax on Wii Points but they did. I checked The Witcher 2 with a scanner and it was cheaper than the stickered price of $29.99, it was $26.8X something. I forget if it was the Enhanced Edition but I believe it was. The Enhanced Edition has no DRM unlike the original edition AFAIK.

Saw this on Reddit

8n25J.jpg

[quote name='Hijinx']Wow! I'm assuming very very ymmv[/QUOTE]
Wow wtf? At first I was like "$5.99! Damn!" but then I saw $1.99 lol.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Saw this on Reddit

*$6/$2 controllers*[/QUOTE]

I have so much trouble believing that's real. And even if it is, if I were an employee stickering that shiz, I'd swipe up every last one for myself. Dayum.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Saw this on Reddit

8n25J.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice! Props. Too bad all the kmarts (torance, bell gardens, long beach, bellflower, Anaheim, costa mesa, commerce) in socal don't have them anymore. I think everyone bought them at $20.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I have so much trouble believing that's real. And even if it is, if I were an employee stickering that shiz, I'd swipe up every last one for myself. Dayum.[/QUOTE]

I would do the same damn thing. That would honestly be my clearance find of the year. I hardly see them around anymore. Maybe I'll check again tomorrow.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I have so much trouble believing that's real. And even if it is, if I were an employee stickering that shiz, I'd swipe up every last one for myself. Dayum.[/QUOTE]

Very believable. I assume it was a penny item and I know my Kmart prices them at 90% off, which is the reduced price there.

Went to Manchester, CT KMart for the first time since just before Christmas. Almost identical to what it was before. New "Low Price" stickers over the clearance games. Only things I saw of note were
Aliens DS game still tagged $9.99 (Still there from before, but decent deal.)
Otomedius Excellent $14.99 (But It's $9.99 on NewEgg)
Binary Domain PS3 $14.99 (Was hoping to find a 360 copy but no dice. It's around this price on Amazon).

There was a Ace Combat 3DS copy that was clearance at one time but I think it went back up in price?

So really... nothing news worthy, just checking their games out every few months. Again, it looks dead gamewise. At least they are still getting new games because Sonic Generations popped up in the value line and DMC was stocked.

[quote name='Neoreloaded313']Very believable. I assume it was a penny item and I know my Kmart prices them at 90% off, which is the reduced price there.[/QUOTE]

I didn't find anything in my search at the local K-Mart..Everything I had the cashier scan was full priced or it had a reduced sticker on it. I had them scan the Modern Warfare 3 bundle, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE, Halo Reach LE, LBP 2 CE, and the new owner's kit as well. The DualShock 3 bundles were gone. Vanished from behind the shelves. Didn't expect much initially.

I printed out UPC's for both items. The LittleBigPlanet bundle scanned as check shelf label for pricing and the God of War bundle scanned for $24. Both were out of stock anyway.

Anyone else notice the Skyward Sword is back up to $49.99? I went to a local store today and they were restocked with about 15 copies, I tried to buy a couple and they were 49.99 so I tried to price match to my old Receipt and the manager on shift called me a thief and that I was part of a bunch of gamers trying to rip K-Mart off.... lol

[quote name='Sinnbox']Anyone else notice the Skyward Sword is back up to $49.99? I went to a local store today and they were restocked with about 15 copies, I tried to buy a couple and they were 49.99 so I tried to price match to my old Receipt and the manager on shift called me a thief and that I was part of a bunch of gamers trying to rip K-Mart off.... lol[/QUOTE]

Sale ended 1/19... Oh and fuck managers like that. Similar shit happened to me when all I wanted to do was return the game and rebuy using a valid KMart coupon. I was told they can't because too many people are doing that and KMart is losing money. I am sure they are... Due to Shitty customer service.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Sale ended 1/19... Oh and fuck managers like that. Similar shit happened to me when all I wanted to do was return the game and rebuy using a valid KMart coupon. I was told they can't because too many people are doing that and KMart is losing money. I am sure they are... Due to Shitty customer service.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention that I stopped at Target down the road and they had it for $19.99, so if your still wanting a copy hit up target.

[quote name='Neoreloaded313']I just bought.

Dead Space 2 Limited Edition $1.99
Rage Anarchy Edition $1.99
Lost Planet 2 $1.99
Enslaved $1.99[/QUOTE]

I wonder if these are universal drops?

Lost Planet 2 $1.99
Enslaved $1.99[/QUOTE]

whoa whoa whoa ....new drops???

My local K-Mart just started their closing sale. Don't know what kind of deals to expect. They will close for good in March I think. Might stop buy to see, but usually early sales are not so great. Not sure if this is being handled by a liquidation company either, that would make the deals even less desirable.

Lost Planet 2 $1.99
Enslaved $1.99[/QUOTE]

Oh nice!

Lost Planet 2 $1.99
Enslaved $1.99[/QUOTE]

Nice...I haven't played Dead Space 2, and I'm thinking about getting Dead Space 3, I have to see if I can find that

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']My local K-Mart just started their closing sale. Don't know what kind of deals to expect. They will close for good in March I think. Might stop buy to see, but usually early sales are not so great. Not sure if this is being handled by a liquidation company either, that would make the deals even less desirable.[/QUOTE]

A Kmart near me started their closing sale last week. Games are 25% off and everything is 10% to 30% off and has been like that for close to 2 weeks. Prices are a joke on regular items. Even with the store closing discount they are still almost twice as much as Target on the same item.

You have to wait a long time to get a good discount on the closing sale. But you also take a chance people will buy the games and whatever at a measly 25%-35% off. Years ago, I just happened to go to a closing Kmart that on the same day I went, marked the games at 75% off. I got many games like all the Marios and other major games on Nintendo 64 for $15 each as well as games on other systems. They were in the glass cases up until that day and were mint still, not in a bin that everyone could tear through and crush/bend the boxes. I was even telling the cashier to carefully scan the games as I didnt want her to dent the boxes. lol
I fondly remember that day as one of my best haul days.

Just came back from Kmart and scanned some games.

RAGE PS3 $9.97
RAGE 360 $19.99
Lost Planet II 360 $19.99

Looks like it's just a store-specific clearance. Also, I saw a DSi Mario vs DK bundle. Does anybody know if that's on clearance?

For 90% of items at a store closing sale you can probably buy it online for a cheaper price and with a return policy. I wouldn't buy anything at a store closing sale unless it was disposable goods or something that could not possibly have a problem with it and I absolutely could not get the item for a lower price elsewhere including online.

Local news stations like to air stories about how these sales are scams so most people know by now, but you always get the people who think they are getting the greatest deal ever no matter what but if you spend a large amount of money at a store without a return policy then you are stupid and you get what you deserve if you have a problem with your stuff. It doesn't take much research to learn these sales are a scam, and if you can go to a store then you can spend 2 min to read an article somewhere about scammy liquidation sales.

A lot of these stores seem to have a ton of old merchandise that has been sitting around for a long time and has probably been hauled around a million times thus more likely there is a chance for broken parts, cracked screens, dead non-replaceable batteries etc.

Today I was in my local kmart in Iowa City, IA and noticed that the White PSPGo was marked down to $50.00 on clearance. All the accessories were sold out months ago though. But with the cradle it is not too bad of a buy. I am not sure if this price is company wide though.

Found the following at my Kmart in El Paso TX on Montwood

:wii:
100K pyramid $0.99
Top Spin 4 $0.99
De blob 2 $0.99
Where the wild things are $0.99
You don't know jack $0.99

:360:
Sing it (game only) $0.99
Hanna Montana the movie game $0.99
Kinect body and brain connection $0.99
F.3.A.R (FEAR 3) $0.99

Just an FYI (not that I do it or condone it) FEAR 3 and You don't know jack trade in for $5 at GameStop.

I found a copy of 3rd Birthday for $4.97. It had a yellow clearance sticker. I also found a copy of Lufia DS with a "Great Value" or something sticker on it. Probably nothing new but this is the first time in years that I've found something decent at Kmart.

Anybody know if the Goldeneye Wii bundles (with the gold classic controller) were clearanced by Kmart? Mine has one marked for $47.xx (reg price is $49.99).

For anyone still looking for a PSP 3000 I just picked one up for $24.97. It was tagged at $84 but I asked the clerk to price check it. He couldn't belive it, he scanned it twice.

I also grabbed a Playstation Move charging station for $6.99 which I think has been posted here before.

Happy hunting!

[quote name='Invicta 61']For anyone still looking for a PSP 3000 I just picked one up for $24.97. It was tagged at $84 but I asked the clerk to price check it. He couldn't belive it, he scanned it twice.

I also grabbed a Playstation Move charging station for $6.99 which I think has been posted here before.

Happy hunting![/QUOTE]

Holy smokes. A psp 3000? I know that is old tech, but great to use to watch movies and emulate old school gaming. I haven't seen a PSp at kmart over a year.

[quote name='Invicta 61']For anyone still looking for a PSP 3000 I just picked one up for $24.97. It was tagged at $84 but I asked the clerk to price check it. He couldn't belive it, he scanned it twice.

Happy hunting![/QUOTE]

Holy shit! A KMart near me had one a couple months ago marked at the $84.xx clearance price. I will definitely stop by there tomorrow to see if it's still there.

So many great PSP rpgs.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back