New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='Zushi']Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I found Alice: Madness Returns on 360 for 9.97.[/QUOTE]

thats whats up. totally underrated game, awesome price.

[quote name='Zushi']Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I found Alice: Madness Returns on 360 for 9.97.[/QUOTE]

Doh, I saw that when I was there but didn't know.

I HOPE i have a copy in my store left for 360 (Alice MR) I LOVED that game, but traded it in towards a tablet during a GS promo :cry:.

Just bought Professor Layton and the Last Specter for 14.99 - Salinas,CA

could not find Read Dead Redemption GOTY slim pickings overall

[quote name='Masterkyo']Dynasty warriors 7 still $19.97 :([/QUOTE]

Ah sorry, I posted I paid 9.97 for it. It had a wrong price but they gave it for the cheaper price

It would be amazing to get a Wiki thread started with these Kmart clearance prices. Obviously, it is YMMV on games with different sticker prices, but the actual scanning of games shows up the same price nationwide.

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']It would be amazing to get a Wiki thread started with these Kmart clearance prices. Obviously, it is YMMV on games with different sticker prices, but the actual scanning of games shows up the same price nationwide.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Still YMMV.

Depends if the Kmart has a value game bin or not. If it has a value game bin, and the game could make its way there and essentially be stuck at 19.99 forever.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']check your sywr accounts. I had 5000 points for the calendar week ending the 13th and have 4000 more for the week of the 18th through the 24th[/QUOTE]

Thx for the heads up! they rarely send out emails to let you know about your balance anymore, i nearly "Shipped my pants" when i saw i had $5 for free on my account. That'll make Alice: Madness Returns only $5!

http://youtu.be/I03UmJbK0lA

Kmart in East Greenbush, NY had Dragon Quest IX tagged at $19.97, although Dragon Quest VI was still $24.97, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was either $14.97 or $19.97 (don't recall) Also saw a couple copies of Spirit Tracks tagged for $19.99 at that and Rotterdam Mall Kmart :) I'll be going around the different area Kmarts (four left in the area right now)

I just spent an hour in Electronics scanning PS3 games, over half of the games are clearanced, with the majority under $15. They were mostly still marked at full price so make sure you scan the game and dont go by the listed price.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Nope. Still YMMV.

Depends if the Kmart has a value game bin or not. If it has a value game bin, and the game could make its way there and essentially be stuck at 19.99 forever.[/QUOTE]

No, that would be different because if they are put in the value bin with $14.99 or $19.99 prices, they place a separate sticker over the UPC. All original UPC's ring up the same price from the original cover art with the out-of-date Kmart pricing system and how their scanners work.

The differences would be if:

1. The game is value priced with a separate sticker over the original UPC
2. The game has a clearance sticker on it marking it less than the actual scanned price.
3. The game has been taken out of the system all together, coming up as "Check Shelf Price" or "Not Found", meaning the employees will take the last marked price, or (they scan it, find out MSRP of it last, and take 90% off price).

[quote name='Neoreloaded313']I just spent an hour in Electronics scanning PS3 games, over half of the games are clearanced, with the majority under $15. They were mostly still marked at full price so make sure you scan the game and dont go by the listed price.[/QUOTE]

I don't even have to bother almost all the games not at MSRP are value priced at $19.99

Grabbed 9 games for $80 today.

• Deus Ex $9.97
  • Shadows of the Damned $9.97
  • DeadRising 2 $9.97
  • DeadRising 2 Off the Record $4.97
  • Mafia II $9.97
  • Splatterhouse $4.97
  • Tron Evolution $9.97
  • Child of Eden $9.97
  • Motionsports Adrenaline $4.97

A couple of duds, but there are 3 gamers with differing tastes in the house so we always have an eclectic assortment. Now to check the store in the next town on Tuesday, cause I was really hoping for Portal 2.

6193c98f-229b-433b-b35b-c2f28a4b1e3d_zps953e0131.jpg

g2_zps272643e8.jpg

[quote name='summer']Grabbed 9 games for $80 today.

• Deus Ex $9.97
  • Shadows of the Damned $9.97
  • DeadRising 2 $9.97
  • DeadRising 2 Off the Record $4.97
  • Mafia II $9.97
  • Splatterhouse $4.97
  • Tron Evolution $9.97
  • Child of Eden $9.97
  • Motionsports Adrenaline $4.97

A couple of duds, but there are 3 gamers with differing tastes in the house so we always have an eclectic assortment. Now to check the store in the next town on Tuesday, cause I was really hoping for Portal 2.

6193c98f-229b-433b-b35b-c2f28a4b1e3d_zps953e0131.jpg

g2_zps272643e8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

$5 dollars is still too much for Splatterhouse. Same with Tron, since you can get the CE for a little more.

[quote name='admiralvic']$5 dollars is still too much for Splatterhouse. Same with Tron, since you can get the CE for a little more.[/QUOTE]

Splatterhouse is more than worth it at 5 to 10 dollars. More than that I'd pass.

[quote name='admiralvic']$5 dollars is still too much for Splatterhouse. Same with Tron, since you can get the CE for a little more.[/QUOTE]

I know it's blasphemy but I'm actually not all that interested in CE's. Usually the things included are little more than just more stuff to clutter up the house. The teen has been wanting it since she saw the movies, so that was a parenting win either way.

Oh wow, it IS in fact possible that these games dropped because the price changes usually are on a Sunday or Monday (in my case) in the Kmart system. I'll check back tomorrow with the ones i previously scanned to see if it did infact drop, or you just got lucky. BTW is that particular Kmart closing? I know a few more are going away this year. That may be a possible reason for early price adjustments.

I haven't heard anything about it closing, but that doesn't mean anything. I had predicted it would be long gone by now when they built a Walmart next door in a town this small (less than 12,000).

Wow, i work at my local Kmart and we're the last in my state, RI. Wal-mart is some pretty tough comp. They probably got a shipment of tons of games in from a closing store then, or dropped the price nationally. I'll be sure to look into it tomorrow. Good Finds BTW. I scored

all 360:

RDR GOTY
Splatterhouse
Nicktoons MLB
Cars 2

I'm going to look for some of the gems you found tomorrow, hopefully at those prices too.

Can anyone verify what rdr GOTY is priced at? Have one at my local store in the case priced at $19.9x. Probably going to get it anyway I'm just wondering if they may be cheaper. Also saw bloodstone for $30. Curious about it also. Thanks

[quote name='sweatysides']Oh wow, it IS in fact possible that these games dropped because the price changes usually are on a Sunday or Monday (in my case) in the Kmart system. I'll check back tomorrow with the ones i previously scanned to see if it did infact drop, or you just got lucky. BTW is that particular Kmart closing? I know a few more are going away this year. That may be a possible reason for early price adjustments.[/QUOTE]

These games have been at these prices for over a month at my Kmart.

[quote name='Neoreloaded313']These games have been at these prices for over a month at my Kmart.[/QUOTE]

I just bought Splatterhouse today for 9.97, weird it wasnt marked down more at my store. It seems that its still very YMMV.

[quote name='Cocojames333']Can anyone verify what rdr GOTY is priced at? Have one at my local store in the case priced at $19.9x. Probably going to get it anyway I'm just wondering if they may be cheaper. Also saw bloodstone for $30. Curious about it also. Thanks[/QUOTE]

RDR GOTY was $14.97 for both systems at my store.

[quote name='sweatysides']Oh wow, it IS in fact possible that these games dropped because the price changes usually are on a Sunday or Monday (in my case) in the Kmart system. I'll check back tomorrow with the ones i previously scanned to see if it did infact drop, or you just got lucky. BTW is that particular Kmart closing? I know a few more are going away this year. That may be a possible reason for early price adjustments.[/QUOTE]

Please do and thank you sweaty. I'll be all over several titles if they dropped.

Picked up a :360: Wireless Speed Wheel for $5.00. This is a YMMV. I think it was deleted from the system and someone tagged it for that price.

As far as actual clearance, I saw the following:

:360: Michael Phelps: Push the Limit $9.97
:360: Black Eyed Peas Experience $9.97
:ps3: God of War III $14.97
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.97
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $14.97
:ps3: Alice Madness Returns $14.97
:ps3: Splatterhouse $9.97
:ps3: Dead Rising 2: OTR $9.97
:ps3: Shadows of the Damned $9.97

[quote name='strait edge follower']deus ex can be had for 4.50$ or so after discounts used at gamestop till the 28th if you want the game :)[/QUOTE]

That Birthday discount? I'm not going to use that, could get banned from Gamestop.

[quote name='J7.']That Birthday discount? I'm not going to use that, could get banned from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

since birthday coupon mania started ive used it over 30 times total at numerous gamestops, they wont ban you for using it lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']since birthday coupon mania started ive used it over 30 times total at numerous gamestops, they wont ban you for using it lol[/QUOTE]
The employees gave me a fit about using it more than once, and proceeded to tell me it won't work anymore after I've already used it multiple times...then they told me its against the rules and I can't use it anymore. They even sent out emails to local GameStops warning them about me and my "scam" lol. Used it maybe 4 times. I do not understand why they care if I save $4-5 when they do not earn by commission anyways.

It says on the coupon that it's limited to one use per customer. It does not say anything about having a copy given to anyone else, but the one per customer gives them the right to prevent you from using it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']since birthday coupon mania started ive used it over 30 times total at numerous gamestops, they wont ban you for using it lol[/QUOTE]

People have been banned from Gamestop for far lesser things. What other coupons did you use to get $7.99 Deus Ex down to $4.50?

[quote name='Quagmilion']The employees gave me a fit about using it more than once, and proceeded to tell me it won't work anymore after I've already used it multiple times...then they told me its against the rules and I can't use it anymore. They even sent out emails to local GameStops warning them about me and my "scam" lol. Used it maybe 4 times. I do not understand why they care if I save $4-5 when they do not earn by commission anyways.[/QUOTE]

They care because Gamestop corporate will fire them. They fire for far lesser things.

[quote name='J7.']People have been banned from Gamestop for far lesser things. What other coupons did you use to get $7.99 Deus Ex down to $4.50?

They care because Gamestop corporate will fire them. They fire for far lesser things.[/QUOTE]

i only used the birthday one and my pur discount. i also exchanged my used mag copy towards it which took 89 cents off. used deus ex is on sale for 7.49 till the 28th

[quote name='strait edge follower']i only used the birthday one and my pur discount. i also exchanged my used mag copy towards it which took 89 cents off. used deus ex is on sale for 7.49 till the 28th[/QUOTE]

.89 cents? Did you buy it for .99 cents a few days earlier on their sale?

On topic:
Heading to Kmart to see what else I can find, any notable DS or 3DS game sales?

bread's done
Back