New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Grabbed the following today:

:ps3: Portal 2 $9.97
:ps3: Lego: Pirates of the Carribean $9.97
:3ds: Pinball Hall of Fame $4.97

Also saw:

:360: Halo Reach: Legendary Edition $59.97
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $9.97
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 $9.97
:360: Child of Eden $9.97
:ps3: Cars 2 $9.97
:ps3: Udraw Pictionary $4.97

the highlight of my kmart clearance journey today was Tron legacy collectors edition ps3 for a hundred bucks, so needless to say I walked out with a full wallet

I found a gold mine of a Kmart about 2 hours away from me, however, I didn't have much time to look around as the store was closing in the 5 min I was there. Just saw wall to wall clearance and a bin.

Kinda mad I didn't get to look around tho, the door said open till 9, was there at 7:55.

Same happened here, couldn't find someone to get into the glass case.

Saw Dragon Quest VI and IX along with Zelda for the DS. From what I've read here the price should be $15 each. Also saw a few of the 007 gold controller bundles still marked $50, want to give them a scan.

Picked up yesterday:
Fallout New Vegas (PS3) $5
Brink (360) $5
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction (360) $5
Star Wars Force Unleashed (360) $5
Bioshock 2 (PS3) $5

No luck finding the Sly Collection tonight, but I did grab the last copy of Professor Layton and the Last Specter for $9.97.

Zelda: Spirit Tracks rings back up to the $20 price and the Goldeneye Gold controller bundle rings back up to the $50 price unless you can get lucky and it is sticker labeled lower.

If I wasn't 33 years young and one that has a somewhat nice career, I'd peel those value stickers off. For example, I already snagged it for $5 the other day, but at a different KMart, I saw Bioshock 2 value stickered at $15. Funny thing is I saw that Matt Hazard Eat Lead game with no sticker in a bargain bin case. I recalled seeing it value stickered at $15 recently...at one point it was clearance to $4. I scanned it thinking $4, but it came up $40. LOL Kmart. Still no luck finding Dante's Inferno for $5. I have one more spot I'm going to try near my job before work

Not sure if this has been posted but I found the following:

Dance Central (360) $4.97
Dance Paradise (360) $4.97

Already has been posted, but found:

Motionsports Adrenaline (360) $4.97
Pinball Hall of Fame (The Williams Collection) (3DS) $4.97
Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP) $19.97

[quote name='fearMr.Met']I hit two stores in the past two days..

Brookhaven, PA

HOD Overkill $9.97.. some may saw it's a still a little high for this, but wtvr. I'll give it a run through

Splatterhouse $4.97.. I bit on this when I became aware that the original 3 Splatterhouses were unlockables upon completion of certain parts of the game.

Clifton Heights, PA

Fallout NV $2.00.. the electronics employee randomly discounted this down a few dollars and put a copy to the side for himself. It was marked $4.97

Naughty Bear $6.00... the game got bad reviews but I figured that they're had to be some humor in it. Plus it could be a game that I and my gf's two adolescent kids could enjoy.

Bioshock 2 $4.97.. figured for $5, not bad.. even if it's just a continuation of the first one.

All PS3 games by the way...

...I ventured out to find Dante's Inferno for $4.97, but had no luck. All in all, not bad IMO. For CAGers in the Philly suburb area, the Clifton Heights store is LOADED with discounted games at the moment. Many $10 and under that have been noted by others on here.[/QUOTE]

Might have to stop by the one in Clifton later today. I'll report back from the Folsom as I go to the sonic for the first time ever.

Went to the Crystal Lake, IL Kmart and it looked like it was barely maintained. Big gaps on shelves, and only one of the games listed in this thread from what I saw (Deus Ex for $9.97). No Clearance table either (which is what that KMart tends to do).

i can confirm that my Kmart finally dropped alot of prices on the clearance games.

Dead Rising 2 OTR is now $4.97 (Xbox 360) !!!!!!
Splatterhouse also dropped to $4.97 (Xbox 360)
Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1 is now $4.97 (Xbox 360)
Black Eyed Peas Experience is now $4.97
EA sports MMA is now $4.97

(most of the $9.97 games i posted a week ago are now $4.97)

Today i scored (All Xbox 360)

Kinectimals $4.97
Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 $2.99 (penny item)
My Sims Sky Heroes $4.97
Marvel Superhero Squad (UDraw game only) $4.97
MotionSports Play For Real $4.97
Dance Paradise $4.97
Rabbids Alive And Kicking $4.97
Shadows of The Damned $9.97
Dirt 3 $9.97

Our Kmart (In Rhode Island) made a dump bin today, after i mentioned the price drops. There are also ALOT of Wii clearance games and a few PS3 Gems at the $4.97 price. If i ever find the time, i'll try to post those prices as well.

I'll post more as i come across them...

[quote name='sweatysides']i can confirm that my Kmart finally dropped alot of prices on the clearance games.

Dead Rising 2 OTR is now $4.97 (Xbox 360) !!!!!!
Splatterhouse also dropped to $4.97 (Xbox 360)
Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1 is now $4.97 (Xbox 360)
Black Eyed Peas Experience is now $4.97
EA sports MMA is now $4.97

(most of the $9.97 games i posted a week ago are now $4.97)

Today i scored (All Xbox 360)

Kinectimals $4.97
Harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 $2.99 (penny item)
My Sims Sky Heroes $4.97
Marvel Superhero Squad (UDraw game only) $4.97
MotionSports Play For Real $4.97
Dance Paradise $4.97
Rabbids Alive And Kicking $4.97
Shadows of The Damned $9.97
Dirt 3 $9.97

Our Kmart (In Rhode Island) made a dump bin today, after i mentioned the price drops. There are also ALOT of Wii clearance games and a few PS3 Gems at the $4.97 price. If i ever find the time, i'll try to post those prices as well.

I'll post more as i come across them...[/QUOTE]

Please do sweaty, I'm very interested in the Wii clearance.

As always your input is much appreciated!

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Please do sweaty, I'm very interested in the Wii clearance.

As always your input is much appreciated![/QUOTE]

No Prob and THX.

I'm considering buying a used Wii now just because of this sale. I don't own one, hence why i'm not looking at those games (that and we have TONS of Wii games in my store)

Xbox 360 and PS3 share the same glass lock-up. Wii has its own lock-up. It would be time consuming but worth noting the prices IMO.

Got the following haul at two Pittsburgh area stores:

Bridgeville, PA Kmart-
Star Wars: TFU 2 (PS3) $4.97
Ace Combat (3DS) $9.97
Shadows of the Damned (PS3) $9.97
Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition (PS3) $4.97

McMurray, PA Kmart-
Portal 2 (PS3) $9.97
Pinball Hall of Fame (3DS) $4.97
Dead Rising 2: OTR (PS3) $4.97
Splatterhouse (XB360) $4.97

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BowserG']Got the following haul at two Pittsburgh area stores:

Bridgeville, PA Kmart-
Ace Combat (3DS) $9.97
Dante's Inferno: Devine Edition (PS3) $4.97

McMurray, PA Kmart-
Portal 2 (PS3) $9.97
Splatterhouse (XB360) $4.97[/QUOTE]

pretty much the same on the east side of pitt. DR2 is 9.97, which i would bite on if it were the OTR price...

Was unable to find Portal 2 at my nearest Kmart, but did get DR2: OTR and Alice for 5 and 10. I might go to a couple other Kmarts tomorrow. Hoping for Portal 2 and Last Specter

[quote name='JP73']Was unable to find Portal 2 at my nearest Kmart, but did get DR2: OTR and Alice for 5 and 10. I might go to a couple other Kmarts tomorrow. Hoping for Portal 2 and Last Specter[/QUOTE]

I'd love to find Alice for $5. I was at my Kmart 2 weeks ago, and they had DR2 for $14.97. Ill check and see if they dropped it to $4.97!

Not sure if anyone reported it but I saw the :ps3::360: AC: Brotherhood for $29.97. Still marked $59.97. My store has four so I'm hoping it drops a little more.

[quote name='coopscohen']Not sure if anyone reported it but I saw the :ps3::360: AC: Brotherhood for $29.97. Still marked $59.97. My store has four so I'm hoping it drops a little more.[/QUOTE]

Collectors editions?

The highlight of hitting the two Panama City stores was a copy of Call of Duty 3 (Original Xbox, not 360), for $39.99. I know CoD prices stay ridiculously inflated, but that's just a bit crazy.

Got Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Masters for $9.97, marked $14.97. Had a disgustingly hard time find a price scanner that worked at both stores.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Collectors editions?[/QUOTE]

Damn. Forgot to add the CE to the end of that LOL. Yes. The collector's edition. I'm hoping it gets to the TRU clearance price from last year.

I got bored, double checked 2 kmarts because my gut told me to... And I'm glad I did. Get to $60 and get $7 in points ($10 last week)

4/30/2013

:wii:
Nintendo Selects Animal Crossing City Folk $4.97
Family Feud Decades $9.97
*Need for Speed Hot Pursuit $4.97*
Just Dance Summer Party $9.97

:ps3:
sly collection $9.97
Deadrising 2 OTR $4.97

:360:
motion sports adrenaline $4.97

[quote name='BowserG']Got the following haul at two Pittsburgh area stores:

Bridgeville, PA Kmart-
Ace Combat (3DS) $9.97
Dante's Inferno: Devine Edition (PS3) $4.97

McMurray, PA Kmart-
Portal 2 (PS3) $9.97
Splatterhouse (XB360) $4.97[/QUOTE]

Century II has Dynasty Warriors 7 :ps3: and :360: $19.97, a few Wii games and most of the rest were value stickered. Might have to make my way over there and see if I can find something.

[quote name='MasaTFC']pretty much the same on the east side of pitt. DR2 is 9.97, which i would bite on if it were the OTR price...[/QUOTE]

I was pretty far east (for me anyway) this weekend and stopped in Latrobe. One aisle had 3 copies of Michael Jackson Experience for 360, 6 or 8 DS games and nothing else. I mean no other product at all, the aisle was completely empty. No value games and $29.99 for the cheapest games in the cabinets. I was going to ask someone where the clearance games are but there wasn't anyone in electronics. I wonder why the aisle was empty, even if the clearance is gone there has to be a bunch of value games somewhere.

Question about Sears clearance, since K-mart and Sears are bed buddies. :) If 'thing in question' har har was 15 percent off in Jan/Feb at 109.xx, how much would it have dropped by now. :) Thanks.

Although Sears and Kmart are owned by one company. They are both on their own "System" as in prices and sales and vendor billing, never expect the prices to be the same at each franchise. Same goes with districts. Hence the YMMV aspect of these sales.

Warhammer on both consoles is still $19.99, and i dont think it will ever drop (2 years in the making)

Stopped by an out of the way kmart today. Found out it had started liquidating Sunday:cry:. I did some experimenting though so hopefully it helps somebody.

When they liquidate it seems they stop clearance markdowns as soon as they decide to (a month or two before the liquidation date). So things like Motionsports which should be 4.97 are actually 9.97 -10% (8.97). But the clearance games ARE in the system, ie if it has been 4.97 for awhile it would be 4.47.

Bad thing is the games I scanned that I know are CSP (WITHOUT value tags, straight upc) rang up at value tag price (19.99, 14.99).

I would just figure out the day they hit 20 or 30% and figure out something to buy then as systems should be included. Any suggestions? I walked out without buying anything.

[quote name='killercane']Stopped by an out of the way kmart today. Found out it had started liquidating Sunday:cry:. I did some experimenting though so hopefully it helps somebody.

When they liquidate it seems they stop clearance markdowns as soon as they decide to (a month or two before the liquidation date). So things like Motionsports which should be 4.97 are actually 9.97 -10% (8.97). But the clearance games ARE in the system, ie if it has been 4.97 for awhile it would be 4.47.

Bad thing is the games I scanned that I know are CSP (WITHOUT value tags, straight upc) rang up at value tag price (19.99, 14.99).

I would just figure out the day they hit 20 or 30% and figure out something to buy then as systems should be included. Any suggestions? I walked out without buying anything.[/QUOTE]

Only suggestion I have is to keep an eye on it as liquidation a happens rather quick. Stop by once a week. Should keep dropping over a month or so.

Finally Kmart is coming back for me. I actually picked up 2 things! First I got sly cooper collection for $9.97, and then I got MX vs ATV Reflex on ps3 (with $10 worth of dlc it said) for $4.97! They had 2 other games I almost bought. RDR GOTY on the xbox 360 for $14.97 (I was VERY tempted, but im shooting for $9.97) and then lego pirates of the Caribbean on ps3 for $9.97 (seems $2 to much lol) But never the less I am happy that Kmart is coming back with clearance that is somewhat good! Even though their employees were a bit rude...

Haven't bothered checking a KM in years after the one near me went from honey hole to waste of time. Might swing by there and see if I can't find Sly for $10 though.

Of the 3 Kmarts near me in Buffalo, one's closed and the other 2 had a small selection hidden in cases, and few newer games. Not even the "value" sticker games were out anymore. I guess Kmart is dead here.

[quote name='No.']Of the 3 Kmarts near me in Buffalo, one's closed and the other 2 had a small selection hidden in cases, and few newer games. Not even the "value" sticker games were out anymore. I guess Kmart is dead here.[/QUOTE]

Well it is Buffalo, don't you guys normally hibernate for a few more weeks?

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well it is Buffalo, don't you guys normally hibernate for a few more weeks?[/QUOTE]

70's here in Rochester. Can't imagine it being much cooler an hour north, lol.

[quote name='StryderOmega']70's here in Rochester. Can't imagine it being much cooler an hour north, lol.[/QUOTE]

Come to Michigan... That hour could be a 20 degree difference. Hell, that hour North and then back south might be a twenty degrees different sometimes lol

[quote name='No.']Of the 3 Kmarts near me in Buffalo, one's closed and the other 2 had a small selection hidden in cases, and few newer games. Not even the "value" sticker games were out anymore. I guess Kmart is dead here.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the area, too. The one I went to where I found the $9.97 Prof Layton and the Last Specter was the West Seneca store, and they still have a value bin near the front registers and some value games in the gaming section.

[quote name='killercane']Stopped by an out of the way kmart today. Found out it had started liquidating Sunday:cry:. I did some experimenting though so hopefully it helps somebody.

I would just figure out the day they hit 20 or 30% and figure out something to buy then as systems should be included. Any suggestions? I walked out without buying anything.[/QUOTE]

I've been to a couple store closing sales, and never had a good experience.
Most games were restickered with original MSRP, so its likely that people bought things early thinking they were getting a deal without knowing current value. Also, both times I purchased something, I had to look myself at the register what the final price of the items were- the screen only gave the final number, so you should be ready with your math beforehand with what you should be paying. Both times, the items rang up 30% off even though the signage said 40%. Do not expect the cashier to care. There are also no returns allowed.

There were no systems by the time I looked. Good luck, but my advice is unless you know exactly what you want, don't waste too much time. It was a frustrating experience in a depressing setting, and the deals are barely good in the end, compared to much of what you see on CAG.

Would not really call it clearance, dragon quest 6 finally dropped to $25, been waiting a year for it to go down in price :bouncy: Last one on shelf so I grabbed it.

Just left the St Clair Shores, MI location and it was actually not awful. No Sly but got Lego Harry Potter 5-7 for 4
97 and GT5 for 9.97 which was marked higher. They had DR2, Alice and a couple other things but scanned.higher than most reported. Gonna swing down the road and check one more while I'm out.

bread's done
Back