New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

it looks like i just got 2$ in rewards points in my acount. i guess i will use them on a copy of dead rising otr to flip to gamestop again. if only warhammer will tank in price smh

This store, 10 1/2 and Gratiot in MI, was a total bust but I'm not surprised this one has always been awful. Had nothing and what they did was several times more than even at the other store.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well it is Buffalo, don't you guys normally hibernate for a few more weeks?[/QUOTE]

Yeah normally we can play Ice Hockey outside until May 1st :)

Well I ended up going to four stores, felt like I was really pushing my luck going to the fourth after already flaming out at the second and third. Fortunately I pawed through the value bin while I was waiting for someone to come check prices on stuff in the case and found Modnation Racers and House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut.

So to summarize the four stores I checked on the NE side of Detroit:

Roseville and Warren were complete busts with the games either being marked far above reported clearance or there just being nothing, respectively. I would say the Roseville store might be worth checking again in the future except that in my seven or so years of hunting Kmart clearance in this area they have never had anything at the right price of note.

St. Clair Shores was still the best and had a good selection of clearance games. Some were not in line with reported prices but some also scanned lower than they were marked. Here's what I specifically remember:

:ps3: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 $4.97 - Notable because this was the only store of the four that had it at this price, the rest had it as a $19.99 value game. I don't have the game in front of me at the moment but I believe it was tagged at $9.97.
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 $9.97 - Tagged wrong at $14.97.
:ps3: Tiger Woods 12 $9.97
:ps3: Alice Madness Returns $9.97
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $14.97
:ps3: SSX $19.97 - Nothing special in price but it was a clearance tag so fingers crossed that this can be snagged for $10 or less soon.
:ps3: MLB 10 $19.97
:ps3: :360: Two Worlds $19.97
:ps3: Motorstorm Apocalypse $29.97
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 7 $19.97

:psp: Valkyria Chronicals 2 $19.97

:pc: Starcraft 2 and various WoW expansions - I forgot to note the price on these.

Had a two year old with me whose patience was shot at each store by the time I finished with the PS3 stuff so I didn't get to really look through the 360 or Wii stuff. The 360 stuff mostly appeared to mirror the PS3 offerings though and nothing stood out from the usual shovelware Wii offerings. They also had the AC:B CE, Epic Mickey CE, and a couple more at prices that others were reporting.

Clinton Township on the other hand was as bad as Warren and Roseville but they had Doom 3: BFG in the case and a couple other older games I figured I would have them check. All rang up at retail sadly but I did come away with two games still:

:ps3: Modnation Racers $4.97 - Tagged $9.97
:ps3: House of the Dead Overkill $9.97

These two were stuck in the value bin with clearance tags so make sure to take a minute and comb through there as I hadn't thought to do that at the first three stores. I might go back down the street for Tiger Woods 12 since that's actually the best rated one of recent years and if I do I'll try to add the stuff I'm forgetting and get a better picture of what they have for 360 at least.

Ok, thanks. I don't like asking the people in Sears to price check/scan something. Last time I did it, they put a new sticker 59.xx or 69.xx on a pink dsi xl, then it was bought around valentines day. Pissed me off. So, now, sometimes I wait until I think it's dropped way low, then ask, if it isn't gone by then. :) Doing that costed me a Wii in 2011. Dammit! I knew the Wii was like 99.xx, but I didn't want the clerk to find out so he/she would buy it themselves. But I wanted it to drop even lower. So, waited like a month and a half or 2. Next thing you know, Nintendo comes out with the Wii Mario Kart bundle (not sure if that's the 1st Wii to not have backwards compatibility). When I go check on it again, the price went back to around 200 dollars or something close to it. So, I blamed Nintendo and myself for not getting it. So, instead of buying T.a.t.u. cd's on amazon, I should've bought that freakin' Wii.

Around that time K-mart was clearancing out the Original Wii for like $150. I was like, why get that one when you can just go to Sears and get the Wii Resort bundle. That was around the time Target was including the dumbass active game with the purchase of a wii. I saw a Hurley look-a-like in the Target bathroom! I'm like, that's a sign I should buy my Wii. I didn't. But if I had, it would've been a great story to remember it by. Damn me to hell! John Locke LOST 4 EVER!

i recently got a copy of kingdoms of amalur for the 360 for 9.99, was marked for 39.99, i had the cashier scan it for me, rang up 9.99, jumped all over that. also saw a copy of backbreaker for ps3 for 4.99, me2 ps3, for 4.99 and yakuza dead souls for 9.99. unsure if this is just a single store kinda thing, but had some decent deals. about 6 months ago i walked in there picked up a copy of metro 2033, singularity 360 and a copy of assasins creed 1 ps3 all for around 15 bones. oh this kmart is in grayson ky, lol probally not many people around here, but my kmart is a pretty nice lil honey hole. its a real small town and thats the only place around that sells games, so id say they move sum games, but they ussually have a nice selection of clearance games

Picked up Shadows of the Damned and Opertation Flashpoint Red River for $10 each.

I had $20 in rewards points and they emailed me a coupon to get them right back. Wee, free games!

I had $40 in rewards points last week and used them to buy NSMB2 with a coupon to get $20 in points right back. Silly K-mart must like giving stuff away.

Anybody here happen to know if the Kmart in Franklin, TN has had anything decent recently? I stopped in just the other night without remembering that they close at freakin' eight o'clock, so I only had about five minutes to browse, but their clearance/value section was the most barren it's been since Christmas. So either something awesome's happened or they just haven't stocked a damn thing - and I'm inclined to think it's the latter.

I should see if the guy I sold my Fallout 3 CE is working. I bet I can convince him to pull a bunch of old games out to be scanned. Him and another guy working there always ask me about what's on sale. Could be some interesting finds.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']Employees ask you what's on sale? Like in Soviet Russia?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They always know I'm around when something is on sale/clearance. A lot of workers just don't give a f__k so they don't follow prices. Works to my advantage when it's a limited supply.

I went to several kmarts and found the following:

Fallout New Vegas (PS3) - $4.97
Dead Rising 2: OTR (PS3) - $4.97
Shadow of the Damned (PS3) - $9.97
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare (PS3) - $9.97
Tekken Hybrid (PS3) - $9.97
House of the Dead Overkill: Extended Cut (PS3) - $9.97
Yakuza 3 (PS3) - $9.97
Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3) - $9.97
Killzone 3 (PS3) - $14.97
Crysis 2: Limited Edition (PS3) - $14.97
Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS3) - $29.97

Did anyone found Red Dead Redemption GOTY for PS3 for $14.97? Was it mark as a value price? Was it in the red greatest hits case? It seems that people just found that for the xbox....

[quote name='gleegenk']Did anyone found Red Dead Redemption GOTY for PS3 for $14.97? Was it mark as a value price? Was it in the red greatest hits case? It seems that people just found that for the xbox....[/QUOTE]

I checked several copies, with value sticker and without, at multiple stores and all came up $20.

Edit- Forgot to mention that this was the red packaging and sisnt see any actual GOTY ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gleegenk']

Did anyone found Red Dead Redemption GOTY for PS3 for $14.97? Was it mark as a value price? Was it in the red greatest hits case? It seems that people just found that for the xbox....[/QUOTE]

My Kmart has it for both systems, for $14.97 each. I confirmed it this week. (not with the "value" sticker on the corner, just a regular clearance game)

[quote name='gleegenk']I went to several kmarts and found the following:

Yakuza 3 (PS3) - $9.97

Did anyone found Red Dead Redemption GOTY for PS3 for $14.97? Was it mark as a value price? Was it in the red greatest hits case? It seems that people just found that for the xbox....[/QUOTE]

might get undead nghtmare tommorow

[quote name='gleegenk']I went to several kmarts and found the following:

Yakuza 3 (PS3) - $9.97

Dang wish my Kmart had Lord of the Rings I think it only has Shadow of The Damned and maybe Dead Rising

[quote name='RayMustachio']Don't know if anyone cares but, punch out for wii is 4.97. I was pretty stoked about it lol[/QUOTE]

Nice, great snag on Punch Out. I'm really itchin' to know what the majority of Wii titles are at.

I know Animal Crossing City Folk and Tron Evolution Battle Grids are both 4.97, and LoZ Twilight Princess is 9.97. There's a really pleasant woman who works in me electronics department but the rest are generally moody. Might have to try and catch her on to get some scanned until sweaty has a chance to get a more comprehensive list.

Found Ghost Recon 3ds and Sims 3 3ds both out of system. Picked up Sims 3 for $2.67 after tax.

Also saw Alan Wake for $9.97 and SimCity PC. (not clearance but I was shocked they carried it)

Was able to get new Vegas for 5 and killzone 3 for 14.97 at the commerce California store still tons of killzones and a few NV left

I went to a few stores yesterday and most of these are repeats but this is what I found/can remember:

$4.97 :360: Nicktoons MLB
$4.97 :360: Splatterhouse
$4.97 :360: Rabbids: Alive & Kicking
$4.97 :360: EA Sports MMA
$4.97 :360: Kinectimals
$4.97 :360: Motionsports: Play for Real
$4.97 :360: Motionsports: Adrenaline
$4.97 :360: Black Eyed Peas Experience
$4.97 :360: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
$4.97 :360: Dance Paradise
$4.97 :360: MLB 2K11
$9.97 :360: Portal 2
$9.97 :360: Alice: Madness Returns
$9.97 :360: Dirt 3
$9.97 :360: LotR: War in the North
$9.97 :360: Alan Wake
$9.97 :360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do
$19.97 :360: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

$4.97 :ps3: Backbreaker
$4.97 :ps3: ModNation Racers
$4.97 :ps3: Little Big Planet GOTY
$4.97 :ps3: Tron: Evolution
$9.97 :ps3: Tekken Hybrid
$9.97 :ps3: The Sly Collection
$9.97 :ps3: Disney Universe
$14.97 :ps3: Killzone 3
$14.97 :ps3: God of War III
$14.97 :ps3: SOCOM 4
$14.97 :ps3: Dead Rising 2
$19.97 :ps3: Just Cause 2
$49.97 :ps3: Little Big Planet 2 CE

These are out of the system so YMMV what price they will have you pay.
$5.00 :ps3: Hunted: Demon's Forge
$5.00 :ps3: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011
$4.00 :360: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster
$2.99 :360: The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout
$1.99 :ps3: Dungeon Siege III
$1.99 :ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes
$1.49 :360: Viva Pinata LE

Also, check your SYWR. I got $10.00 in points that expires 05/11/2013.

Went to my local kmart and saw that lord of the rings for PS3 was scanning 4.97. Figured I'd buy at that price.

I also got bonus 10.00 in shop your way points today so that sweetened the deal.

[quote name='RayMustachio']Went to my local kmart and saw that lord of the rings for PS3 was scanning 4.97. Figured I'd buy at that price.

I also got bonus 10.00 in shop your way points today so that sweetened the deal.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Sounds like there may have been another drop. Someone had said they got that for $9.97 a few days ago :whistle2:#

[quote name='coopscohen']These are out of the system so YMMV what price they will have you pay.
$5.00 :ps3: Hunted: Demon's Forge
$5.00 :ps3: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011
$4.00 :360: Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster
$2.99 :360: The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout
$1.99 :ps3: Dungeon Siege III
$1.99 :ps3: 3D Dot Game Heroes
$1.49 :360: Viva Pinata LE[/QUOTE]

Wow, wish I could have found 3D Dot Game Heroes for that. All the stores I checked it was a $19.99 value game.

[quote name='coopscohen']I went to a few stores yesterday and most of these are repeats but this is what I found/can remember:

$9.97 :360: Alan Wake
[/QUOTE]
I would totally pay $10 for Alan Wake, but my Kmart sucks at clearance pricing.

[quote name='yokuo']I would totally pay $10 for Alan Wake, but my Kmart sucks at clearance pricing.[/QUOTE]

You can find GoD download codes for it at $5-$7 usually on ebay.

Thats how I got mine. I still picked up the Collectors Edition when Walmart had it for $20 last year because I'm such a fan, but its really nice to have the digital version to load up on a whim just like its XBLA sequel.

[quote name='RayMustachio']Went to my local kmart and saw that lord of the rings for PS3 was scanning 4.97. Figured I'd buy at that price.

I also got bonus 10.00 in shop your way points today so that sweetened the deal.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3) rings now for $4.97

Some hoardo has definitely been hitting one of my spots. An excessive amount of another title has been wiped out since I last stopped in a couple days ago. Price didn't even drop on it today so I don't understand the hoard. Oh well, at least their behind the curve compared to me.

Seems the few drops reported arent part of an overall drop across the board, as with DR2 and DR2 Off the Record recently, from what I've scanned today I guess these drops are just going to trickle in slowly rather than happen simultaneously.

I just had a hoarder stop by my Kmart. He bought almost all games below $10, a whole shopping cart full. The Somerset NJ Kmart is now cleaned out of clearance games.

Saw this on SD:

"buy a $25 Kmart gift card get a bonus $5 award card and $2 in shop your way rewards."

Might at well if you're gonna be Kmart hopping anyway. The $5 is good the following week.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Saw this on SD:

"buy a $25 Kmart gift card get a bonus $5 award card and $2 in shop your way rewards."

Might at well if you're gonna be Kmart hopping anyway. The $5 is good the following week.[/QUOTE]

Kmart must not be doing much advertising about this deal, I work there and I know nothing about it. I just spent almost exactly $25, I would have first bought a gift card if I knew about this.:cry:

[quote name='gleegenk']I can confirm that Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3) rings now for $4.97[/QUOTE]

Ooo, they had the 360 version out the other day but it was high (I want to say $15 or $20) and the PS3 ones locked up still. Hopefully they'll have the PS3 ones out and marked down next time I stop in.

[quote name='Neoreloaded313']Kmart must not be doing much advertising about this deal, I work there and I know nothing about it. I just spent almost exactly $25, I would have first bought a gift card if I knew about this.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I received an email about it.

Kmart sent me unlock $3 in points when you spend EDIT: $35 and use your own points as well, in an email. I think I'll check LA Noire price when I go, remember seeing a lot of those in stock last time.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']You can find GoD download codes for it at $5-$7 usually on ebay.

Thats how I got mine. I still picked up the Collectors Edition when Walmart had it for $20 last year because I'm such a fan, but its really nice to have the digital version to load up on a whim just like its XBLA sequel.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know about that. I'll definitely go check out eBay then! Thanks for the tip.

Has anyone ever scanned Spiderman Shattered Dimensions (360)? I saw it there today but I couldn't find anyone to scan it for me and I was running kind of late.

why is it that everytime i have points in my acount it never shows up when im in store ? its fustraiting ! does anyone else ever have this problem ? this rewards program imo is kinda broken and needs to be fixed :(

[quote name='GBAstar']I haven't been following this thread so I'm sure this was mentioned but my Kmart had the Golden Eye Wii Bundle for $19.99[/QUOTE]

Interesting. This had jumped back up to full price two weeks ago at one of my marts.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Interesting. This had jumped back up to full price two weeks ago at one of my marts.[/QUOTE]

It was tagged with one of those red Kmart tags they put on the outside of the display and it said "$19.99" and that was what it rang up for with no over ride or interference.

Wow. Went to my K-Mart today and found a "Clearance" electronic table. There were several Michael Jackson-The Experiences and several Children of Edens...all for 360. I did spot a Slingo w/ Wii plus controller...but sadly is was 29.99. My Kmart had NOTHING. There were PC expansions of World of Warcraft as well but that is a no buy for me in the first place.

[quote name='GBAstar']It was tagged with one of those red Kmart tags they put on the outside of the display and it said "$19.99" and that was what it rang up for with no over ride or interference.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this is universal since I have $10 points set to expire this weekend.

Found these:
:360:Yoostar 2 $1.99
:360:Harry potter deathly hallows part 1 $4.97
:360:Create $4.97
:360:Enslaved $4.97
:360:Dead Rising 2 $9.97
:360:Dues Ex HR $9.97

:ps3:LOTR War of the North $4.97
:ps3:Dirt 3 (regular) $9.97

:ds:Jeopardy $.99

:wii:Animal Crossing City Folk $1.99

bread's done