New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='amusedtoe']Really? Never played it on console, have both on PC, and the first game is generally regarded as the better game. I enjoyed both though.[/QUOTE]

It's probably the whole console version factor. I'll give it another chance though! :D

[quote name='admiralvic']SHC Gamer (I think that was his name) / Josh use to be here, so it's not as crazy as some would think. If I recall correctly, he basically turned around the WHOLE gaming department (I certainly recall going to Kmart a lot back then), which I believe caused corporate to think their woes were gone and removed the program. Real shame, since he appeared to be extremely nice.[/QUOTE]

I personally work for Kmart and the people in all of the East Coast-New England stores (a messly 10 or so stores, AND the deceased founder lived and had his first stores here, making us the "Flagship" stores), i personally know many people who are wonderful/loyal employees who have worked with the company for decades. The reason we have so many problems is not just the lack of employees, but the lack of embracing technology.

When Kmart bought SEARS in 07' they tried to be seperate names with different systems of operation. A few years ago they realized that didnt work, and have been trying alot of different things to boost sales. They closed over 300 kmarts and about 150 SEARS stores last year. Another 300 total are probably going to close this year.

The point of my rant is. "Under-Staffed and Over-Worked" its true. But it will get better in time. All franchises have their bad days, and this is Kmarts first in over 100 years. Soon our stores will get better. But dont forget that there are alot of CAGS that work at this store, and DO in fact try to help our customers when were not being distracted by other tasks.

Josh was a hard worker, and he lost his job because he was making salary, which SHC cut a shit ton of. He was just one of thousands that lost their jobs in the past 3 years. But theyre not forgotten. SHC is finally starting to realize that the internet and the website is the wave of the future. (imagine being run by the same family for over 100 years and trying to change, christ, my 60 yr old father thinks a mouse is a rodent, and a keyboard is a musical instrument) It takes time to adjust. We now have Free shipping on everything in our store to your home (under 75 Pounds) Heres actually a great Ad we JUST release 2 weeks ago...

http://youtu.be/I03UmJbK0lA

So customer service will get better and so will the prices. I cant say the same about Kmart Gamer since that was just a Niche marketing tactic that they (Too Quickly) gave up on.

Sorry for Trolling your quote admiralvic, i just think everyone should get an idea on how hard it is to compete against Ball-To The-Wall-Mart and especially Amazon for a simple job.

Anyways, Who can complain about Dead Rising 2 Off The Record for $4.97??? Not this loyal Kmart Gamer. :D

[quote name='sweatysides']I personally work for Kmart and the people in all of the East Coast-New England stores (a messly 10 or so stores, AND the deceased founder lived and had his first stores here, making us the "Flagship" stores), i personally know many people who are wonderful/loyal employees who have worked with the company for decades. The reason we have so many problems is not just the lack of employees, but the lack of embracing technology.
[/QUOTE]

Since when is Michigan on the east coast?

[quote name='yourlefthand']Since when is Michigan on the east coast?[/QUOTE]

Since always? We're in the eastern time zone and everything. I admit it looks like we should be central, but it is what it is.

@ sweatysides

It's cool.

[quote name='admiralvic']Since always? We're in the eastern time zone and everything. I admit it looks like we should be central, but it is what it is.

@ sweatysides

It's cool.[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Michigan and have lived in New York and Virginia. Michigan is not on the east coast. The time zone doesn't matter.

:wii:Minute To Win It - $4.97
:ps3:Mass Effect 2 - $4.97
Saw :360:Motionsports Adrenaline and it was value stickered at $14.9x and I was like ARGHHHHHH. Kept looking and found 1 in the glass case without that value thing.

Grabbed:
:ps3: $4.97 Tron(can't wait to play this on my projector in 3D!:D)
:ps3: $4.97 Metal Gear Solid 4(don't know why. i don't play this kind of stuff.)
:360: $4.97 Motionsports Adrenaline

It's because of the time zone and heartland people don't like us calling ourselves mid-westerners for some reason. I've never quite understood why something like a great lakes region never caught on when there's 7 to 10 states that really don't fit into any of the other common terms. Talk about off topic!

To get back on topic and prove how much of a CAG I am (or quite broken in the head): Going on a date tomorrow with a girl that lives like an hour away. My first thought? That if I leave early there's probably a half dozen Kmarts/Meijers that I would never be near that I could check!

[quote name='amusedtoe']It's because of the time zone and heartland people don't like us calling ourselves mid-westerners for some reason. I've never quite understood why something like a great lakes region never caught on when there's 7 to 10 states that really don't fit into any of the other common terms. Talk about off topic!

To get back on topic and prove how much of a CAG I am (or quite broken in the head): Going on a date tomorrow with a girl that lives like an hour away. My first thought? That if I leave early there's probably a half dozen Kmarts/Meijers that I would never be near that I could check![/QUOTE]

Thats what I did, except I took the girl with me. She hated it till I found 2 Flare Red 3DS's at Sears for $65, oddly after that she changed her tune.

[quote name='ThusSpokeZarathustra']Just played the first level of American McGee's Alice and I hate it. I hope Madness Returns is better.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeeeaaaa the controls on that one don't translate very well to the console, but if you can get past it then its a good game otherwise (great on PC, just assume play that copy instead).

madness returns does not control like that, so don't worry about hating it.

[quote name='admiralvic']Since always? We're in the eastern time zone and everything. I admit it looks like we should be central, but it is what it is.[/QUOTE]

You're on the eastern coast... coast of lakes.

[quote name='amusedtoe']It's because of the time zone and heartland people don't like us calling ourselves mid-westerners for some reason. I've never quite understood why something like a great lakes region never caught on when there's 7 to 10 states that really don't fit into any of the other common terms. Talk about off topic!

To get back on topic and prove how much of a CAG I am (or quite broken in the head): Going on a date tomorrow with a girl that lives like an hour away. My first thought? That if I leave early there's probably a half dozen Kmarts/Meijers that I would never be near that I could check![/QUOTE]

It's like the "Chinese language".

Be a real CAG and take her with you so that you can check the stores.

[quote name='yourlefthand']I grew up in Michigan and have lived in New York and Virginia. Michigan is not on the east coast. The time zone doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

If you don't live in the area, things get generalized. People think Buffalo is like a suburb of New York City, too, and seem baffled when I tell them it's like a 6-8 hour drive (or 15 if you take the one bus I took back in college for spring break that got lost, but that's another story).

[quote name='admiralvic']Thats what I did, except I took the girl with me. She hated it till I found 2 Flare Red 3DS's at Sears for $65, oddly after that she changed her tune.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I don't think this one will be quite down for wandering through Kmarts looking for the one scanner they've left installed while carrying a huge pile of games.

Got Lord of the Rings: War in the North for 9.97.
Tron was 4.97.
I got some Rayman Rabbid game collection for the Wii for $5.00

The cashier seemed to think Bioshock 2 was 4.97 and so was Fallout New Vegas, but I had no interest in either one.

And of course, Dynasty Warrios 7 still rang up at 19.97.

[quote name='sweatysides']I personally work for Kmart and the people in all of the East Coast-New England stores (a messly 10 or so stores, AND the deceased founder lived and had his first stores here, making us the "Flagship" stores), i personally know many people who are wonderful/loyal employees who have worked with the company for decades. The reason we have so many problems is not just the lack of employees, but the lack of embracing technology.

When Kmart bought SEARS in 07' they tried to be seperate names with different systems of operation. A few years ago they realized that didnt work, and have been trying alot of different things to boost sales. They closed over 300 kmarts and about 150 SEARS stores last year. Another 300 total are probably going to close this year.

The point of my rant is. "Under-Staffed and Over-Worked" its true. But it will get better in time. All franchises have their bad days, and this is Kmarts first in over 100 years. Soon our stores will get better. But dont forget that there are alot of CAGS that work at this store, and DO in fact try to help our customers when were not being distracted by other tasks.

Josh was a hard worker, and he lost his job because he was making salary, which SHC cut a shit ton of. He was just one of thousands that lost their jobs in the past 3 years. But theyre not forgotten. SHC is finally starting to realize that the internet and the website is the wave of the future. (imagine being run by the same family for over 100 years and trying to change, christ, my 60 yr old father thinks a mouse is a rodent, and a keyboard is a musical instrument) It takes time to adjust. We now have Free shipping on everything in our store to your home (under 75 Pounds) Heres actually a great Ad we JUST release 2 weeks ago...

http://youtu.be/I03UmJbK0lA

So customer service will get better and so will the prices. I cant say the same about Kmart Gamer since that was just a Niche marketing tactic that they (Too Quickly) gave up on.

Sorry for Trolling your quote admiralvic, i just think everyone should get an idea on how hard it is to compete against Ball-To The-Wall-Mart and especially Amazon for a simple job.

Anyways, Who can complain about Dead Rising 2 Off The Record for $4.97??? Not this loyal Kmart Gamer. :D[/QUOTE]

All that makes sense. But they still have a LONG way to go on the online front. The free shipping has been useful a few times, but their inventory and stock has really gotten in the way for me. I know they are slashing video game inventory in alot of locations, but it doesn't seem like they are particularly competitive online either. You can't sell what you don't have.

I'm not so sure that technology is the biggest reason, nor is Amazon. Although Wal-mart obviously stole thier lunch in the 80's-90's with incredibly superior logistics and efficiencies, but they were also pretty smart about their locations. I actually remember 2 of the 3 Wal-Mart super centers in my immediate area being constructed, as soon as those went up they closed some rather un-impressive "regular" wal-marts (if left open today, those old Wal-Marts would probably look like the KMARTS that still stand). Both of these new locations are amazing AAA traffic spots that 15+ years ago were nothing but 2 lane highway and uncleared land, but now they are on the corner of intersections with 3 lanes going in all directions (so they got out ahead in an area that was about to boom, and that investment probably paid off 1000x fold). KMART just left their stores in decaying areas and old strip malls that Wal-Mart and EVERYBODY else vacated decades ago. They've been inactive so long, that with all the new Targets/Costco/BJ's/Wal-Marts/outlet malls that have gone up in 10 years, that it might be too late for them to really do anything about it...

Its just the fact that our area is oversaturated with retail and Kmart simply cannot keep up. Every other store has revamped their electronics department and has been constantly revamping over the years but Kmart is the only store left that keeps their games in a circa 1980's Nintendo brand display case. Heck even TRU is making an attempt to update their stores here.

I don't think Walmart's inventory system is much better than Kmart's really, it would only be a slightly above Kmart,I haven't worked at Walmart, and at Kmart I have no idea what went on with the back end. A lot of Walmart's are still filled with tons of old merchandise that will never sell and they don't seem to know what to do with it. They also have the empty shelf problem, where the shelves are only stocked in the morning on certain days and then refilled at the will of the store, leaving empty shelves for many days, a problem that I do not see at Kmart or Target. Walmart doesn't usually discount their clearance past the initial markdown because they clearance depending on how much money a department has allocated for the clearance allowance. Then there is the raiders of the lost walmart, which proves that Walmart will not hesitate to sell a 256mb SD card for $50 for example. The only store that is clean here and has good logistics is Target.

Its not technology that is a problem, still millions of people shop at retail. Its just the logistics of the store, register experience and customer service. Sears has iPad's now that they can use to check out a customer, and offers free wifi, Target has an iPad at guest services but they don't use them actively in the store like Sears does. Target also has free wifi. I haven't seen the other stores use iPad's to check out customers.

Honestly though I don't think too many everyday retail customers care about old merchandise sitting in a store (at regular full price), so its probably more of a personal complaint on my part. The only way it would be a problem is if the old merchandise was blocking the way for new stuff and the store never got anything new in.

Well last night was a truly surreal and disappointing experience. The date was awful but far worse was that I completely struck out on all the stores I stopped at.

Here's the really odd thing though, I've been to Kmarts all over the suburbs north and south of Detroit and they always have a consistent level of dumpiness to them. Now I'm getting close to 30 and remember going to Kmart as a kid. It was never the nicest store in the world but back then it was actually not a pit of anguish and despair spilling forth from the bowels of hell and would probably be your first choice and not your last. Walking into all of these stores in the west side suburbs that I had never been to was like stepping into a temp machine. These stores were clean, bright, fully stocked, well staffed and shockingly modern in terms of retail. They even had what appeared to be competent employees working in the electronics area! I felt like one of those anthropologists discovering a tribe in the amazon that had never seen a white man and was just sort of frozen in time. Interestingly enough, the Targets in that area were the festering sores that I regretted going into which make that total opposite day.

Of course, not a single one of these stores had more than two or three clearance items though. :p

[quote name='amusedtoe']I felt like one of those anthropologists discovering a tribe in the amazon that had never seen a white man and was just sort of frozen in time.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Unspoiled by the avarice of man.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well last night was a truly surreal and disappointing experience. The date was awful but far worse was that I completely struck out on all the stores I stopped at.

Here's the really odd thing though, I've been to Kmarts all over the suburbs north and south of Detroit and they always have a consistent level of dumpiness to them. Now I'm getting close to 30 and remember going to Kmart as a kid. It was never the nicest store in the world but back then it was actually not a pit of anguish and despair spilling forth from the bowels of hell and would probably be your first choice and not your last. Walking into all of these stores in the west side suburbs that I had never been to was like stepping into a temp machine. These stores were clean, bright, fully stocked, well staffed and shockingly modern in terms of retail. They even had what appeared to be competent employees working in the electronics area! I felt like one of those anthropologists discovering a tribe in the amazon that had never seen a white man and was just sort of frozen in time. Interestingly enough, the Targets in that area were the festering sores that I regretted going into which make that total opposite day.

Of course, not a single one of these stores had more than two or three clearance items though. :p[/QUOTE]

At first, I thought you said you went to close to 30 kmarts, and my jaw dropped lol!

Everyone holds vaild points on the francise, so i'm not complaining :) . I would just hate to see Kmart go the way of Circuit City, Childs World, Babbages, FuncoLand or Tweeter. Like many of you said, its a store we all remember going to as kids. I'd hate losing the nostalgia in that experience. BTW my Kmart still gets all the day one releases for all major systems stocked.

But to get back on topic. After playing a bit of Lord Of The Rings: War In The North for $9.97, i can personally say its worth every cent. Not to mention Cars 2 and Red Dead Redemption for $14.97 (price before the latest price drop, that i paid) was a steal AND Child Of Eden for $9.97 is a killer price on the best Kinect game ever (still). Oh and Dead Rising: OTR, they practically paid me to take it away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh was a hard worker, and he lost his job because he was making salary, which SHC cut a shit ton of.

Anyways, Who can complain about Dead Rising 2 Off The Record for $4.97??? Not this loyal Kmart Gamer. :D[/QUOTE]

the kmart in the bronx near me has the worst people working in the electronics section. i have seen games sitting behind the counter on the release in the box with the employ sitting at the register saying "if its not in the case we dont have it".

dont get me started on using printed out coupons or trying to get the sale price listed in the flyer. i have spend almost a hour with the cashier ringing up the game at least 20 different times and still not getting the sale price.

josh and the Kmart Gamer deals are the only reason i would deal with that store. getting rid of him was the stupidest thing as i never go in anymore.

deadrising otr is $5 i might have to stop in for some kmart stress as those would make sweat gifts for friends who havent played the game yet.

"Hey pal. Thanks so much for the gift! I really want to play this game. Although it does smell kind of... ewwwwww."

[quote name='Lonegunman718']sweat gifts[/QUOTE]

Found Shadows of the Damned PS3 at Garfield Hts,OH Kmart.

FYI: Coupons for points back (these print out at register, usually good week after initial purchase) combine with weekly SYWR points back with purchase promos. I had a coupon for $10 in points back on a $50 purchase that combined with the $10 back in points on a $60 electronics purchase.

Ya, getting rid of Josh was a bad move on Kmarts part. Especially for the "not so" CAG's. But it was great for people who want cheap clearance games!! You think all these games would be this cheap with him around?
Good riddance!!

[quote name='lude21']Ya, getting rid of Josh was a bad move on Kmarts part. Especially for the "not so" CAG's. But it was great for people who want cheap clearance games!! You think all these games would be this cheap with him around?
Good riddance!![/QUOTE]

Enlighten me with some "Quality" cheap clearance games...

Waiting 2 years to play brink or shadow of the damned at $2 - $5 isn't exactly an accomplishment.

[quote name='GBAstar']Enlighten me with some "Quality" cheap clearance games...

Waiting 2 years to play brink or shadow of the damned at $2 - $5 isn't exactly an accomplishment.[/QUOTE]

Lol, u serious? Plenty of good games were clearanced. GOW , Layton , mass effect, etc etc, I can go on. Not to mention the controller bundles. I guess you rather pay full price and get a cool coupon you can use on your next msrp game. Ha! You and confoosious butt buddies?

[quote name='lude21']Lol, u serious? Plenty of good games were clearanced. GOW , Layton , mass effect, etc etc, I can go on. Not to mention the controller bundles. I guess you rather pay full price and get a cool coupon you can use on your next msrp game. Ha! You and confoosious butt buddies?[/QUOTE]

Those coupons were actually pretty nice for those that like to play games day 1 and don't accumulate backlogs. They were nearly on par with Best Buy Reward Zone preorder certifictes and nearly always covered games that weren't on Best Buy's limited selection list.

No need for the hostility. The time with him and without him both had their perks and disadvantages. Just gotta roll with the punches.

[quote name='GBAstar']Enlighten me with some "Quality" cheap clearance games...

Waiting 2 years to play brink or shadow of the damned at $2 - $5 isn't exactly an accomplishment.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, the post you quoted was pretty harsh. Josh was a good guy, and I haven't seen any cheap games at my K-Mart in over a year. But I'd like to say that there are plenty of other things I'd rather spend >$30 on than a game. I don't think it matters if you played Shadows of the Damned today or on release day; you played it, you experienced it, so what's the difference? Spending $50 for something someone spent $5 on for the same experience isn't exactly an accomplishment, either. And if you get into release hype and buy a game at retail, your expectations of it will be higher than if you buy a game for $5. I'm rarely ever disappointed with the cheap ass games I buy.

I'm not trying to start an argument. Just had to respond to your somewhat belittling statement towards gamers who only buy games for cheap, like myself.

[quote name='lude21']Lol, u serious? Plenty of good games were clearanced. GOW , Layton , mass effect, etc etc, I can go on. Not to mention the controller bundles. I guess you rather pay full price and get a cool coupon you can use on your next msrp game. Ha! You and confoosious butt buddies?[/QUOTE]

Ummm nice unprovoked attack. :roll:

I have a question. Do those award cards they give out with like "Members Spend $50, get a $5 Award card" deals expire? I thought they did, but I just found one in my wallet and it doesn't have an expiration date, it just says "Valid Beginning 4/1/13" It would seem like they don't since there isn't an exp. date, but I could of sworn they have in the past.

[quote name='lude21']Ya, getting rid of Josh was a bad move on Kmarts part. Especially for the "not so" CAG's. But it was great for people who want cheap clearance games!! You think all these games would be this cheap with him around?
Good riddance!![/QUOTE]

I am glad to see clearance return to how it used to be. It's too bad that Sears basically stopped carrying games or else I guess Sears would have been back to the old clearance pricing too. Even if not all games were good, it was fun to go to KMart and Sears and never know what you would find especially the games that were $0.25 - $1.97/$1.99.

[quote name='JP73']I have a question. Do those award cards they give out with like "Members Spend $50, get a $5 Award card" deals expire? I thought they did, but I just found one in my wallet and it doesn't have an expiration date, it just says "Valid Beginning 4/1/13" It would seem like they don't since there isn't an exp. date, but I could of sworn they have in the past.[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't have an expiration date you should at least be able to get them to honor it. The last one I know was supposed to have a set period of the following week.

Yes I'm serious. You failed to mention a single quality title at an OMG price. YMMV, no longer in the system, your store only prices don't count.

My store has most of the games mentiond in the past 200 posts and they are all at either $14.9x or $19.9x. The only game that was $4.97 was a LEGO harry potter game.

Again here is the only major list I found in the last 200 posts and I don't see anything I couldn't have gotten elsewhere in the past year at the same price:

I went to a few stores yesterday and most of these are repeats but this is what I found/can remember:

$4.97 Nicktoons MLB
$4.97 Splatterhouse
$4.97 Rabbids: Alive & Kicking
$4.97 EA Sports MMA
$4.97 Kinectimals
$4.97 Motionsports: Play for Real
$4.97 Motionsports: Adrenaline
$4.97 Black Eyed Peas Experience
$4.97 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
$4.97 Dance Paradise
$4.97 MLB 2K11
$9.97 Portal 2
$9.97 Alice: Madness Returns
$9.97 Dirt 3
$9.97 LotR: War in the North
$9.97 Alan Wake
$9.97 Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do
$19.97 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

$4.97 Backbreaker
$4.97 ModNation Racers
$4.97 Little Big Planet GOTY
$4.97 Tron: Evolution
$9.97 Tekken Hybrid
$9.97 The Sly Collection
$9.97 Disney Universe
$14.97 Killzone 3
$14.97 God of War III
$14.97 SOCOM 4
$14.97 Dead Rising 2
$19.97 Just Cause 2
$49.97 Little Big Planet 2 CE

^ What am I missing? Where are those CWAZY DEALZ?

Edit: Maybe the Portal 2 at $9.97 (an entire $.02 cheaper then the sale price they had it on a few months back) is that super steal deal you're talking about?

[quote name='Deader2818']alice and sly are pretty good deals.[/QUOTE]

Yep. And Alice has been $14.99 or less (all versions) through the EA store with free shipping (and no tax) and 7% cash back at least twice in the past year. One of the times occurred when Gamestop was also selling Origin (EA) cards for 20% off face value. Also I think Best Buy had it for $15 maybe even $10 a year and a half ago.

You got me with Sly. It was $15.99 at Newegg a few months ago but I can't think of anywhere of the top of my head it has been ~ $10.

The point being most of the clearance games are at YMMV prices or crap games or a combination of crap games and crap prices.

Certainly nothing exciting enough to celebrate someone losing their job. I'm sure I could drive around and post about all the awesome deals at the Blockbuster "Going out of business" sales and say how happy I am that they're going out of business so I can get one or two deals mixed in with a bunch of lackluster prices but then I'd be doing the same thing most on here are doing.

I'd much rather save on a game at release or a few months after it's out (you know... while it is still relevant) then to buy it 2+ years later for $10. For me a good deal is buying a game for $20 or $30 when people are still willing to pay $30 or $40. Not for $5 when people aren't touching it at $10 (RAGE/Brink/The Hunted, etc.)

I mean most of the games in that list could have been bought for the same price (maybe even cheaper) one to two years ago.

But change something from $9.99 to $9.97, put a clearance sticker on it, dump it in a bin and create a thread to celebrate ones (not you specifically) "score/haul" and we've got the Kmart clearance thread in a nutshell.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yep. And Alice has been $14.99 or less (all versions) through the EA store with free shipping (and no tax) and 7% cash back at least twice in the past year. One of the times occurred when Gamestop was also selling Origin (EA) cards for 20% off face value. Also I think Best Buy had it for $15 maybe even $10 a year and a half ago.

You got me with Sly. It was $15.99 at Newegg a few months ago but I can't think of anywhere of the top of my head it has been ~ $10.

The point being most of the clearance games are at YMMV prices or crap games or a combination of crap games and crap prices.

Certainly nothing exciting enough to celebrate someone losing their job. I'm sure I could drive around and post about all the awesome deals at the Blockbuster "Going out of business" sales and say how happy I am that they're going out of business so I can get one or two deals mixed in with a bunch of lackluster prices but then I'd be doing the same thing most on here are doing.

I'd much rather save on a game at release or a few months after it's out (you know... while it is still relevant) then to buy it 2+ years later for $10. For me a good deal is buying a game for $20 or $30 when people are still willing to pay $30 or $40. Not for $5 when people aren't touching it at $10 (RAGE/Brink/The Hunted, etc.)

I mean most of the games in that list could have been bought for the same price (maybe even cheaper) one to two years ago.

But change something from $9.99 to $9.97, put a clearance sticker on it, dump it in a bin and create a thread to celebrate ones (not you specifically) "score/haul" and we've got the Kmart clearance thread in a nutshell.[/QUOTE]

Alice has been 9.99 through the EA store a few times the last few years which makes the "clearance" even less amazing ;)

[quote name='GBAstar']Yep. And Alice has been $14.99 or less (all versions) through the EA store with free shipping (and no tax) and 7% cash back at least twice in the past year. One of the times occurred when Gamestop was also selling Origin (EA) cards for 20% off face value. Also I think Best Buy had it for $15 maybe even $10 a year and a half ago.

But change something from $9.99 to $9.97, put a clearance sticker on it, dump it in a bin and create a thread to celebrate ones (not you specifically) "score/haul" and we've got the Kmart clearance thread in a nutshell.[/QUOTE]

I guess I wasn't aware we are suppose to clear any deals we find through you before we post them. Sorry.

[quote name='Deader2818']I guess I wasn't aware we are suppose to clear any deals we find through you before we post them. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

It's not about that. My opinion on this thread doesn't matter. Some of these prices are really good (others not so much).

I just find it offensive when certain people try to make it sound like they are the deals of the century and are celebrating the fact that someone who contributed greatly to CAG lost their job.

Some Kmart prices are fantastic. But most of the .97/1.97/2.97 etc. prices are on a store by store basis. The rest of the prices are "meh" and certainly not worth losing deals on the front end.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Does anyone else keep getting $4 free awards every week? Every time I use it, they send me another.[/QUOTE]

I've been getting a 3$ bonus offer every week but It's for clothing.

I got $4 more this week on two different accounts.

I highly doubt it but can you use sywr points to get a kmart/sears giftcard?

There's a $30 Kindle at Sears and I'd rather pay $22 than $26

I've also gotten a free $8 in points this week alone. I tried to use the first $4 on a $20 PSN card the other day, but I was told that I couldn't use my points on a PSN card. Has anyone else had that experience before, or was that cashier just confused?

Looks like my store started marking down some games in the value bins that werent on sale before with yellow stickers.

Nothing new of value, but I did grab a Vita Card Case for 3$.

[quote name='cbulas1']I've also gotten a free $8 in points this week alone. I tried to use the first $4 on a $20 PSN card the other day, but I was told that I couldn't use my points on a PSN card. Has anyone else had that experience before, or was that cashier just confused?[/QUOTE]

I think that was something they implemented a few months ago

Not sure if this been posted. Wii 007 golden eye bundle and wii zelda with bonus cd are $19.99. Also got ds final fantasy lll for 7 bucks and wii animal crossing for $4 bucks. Psp valkry profile is $19.97 and Dbz bt2 is $7 bucks.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I've been getting a 3$ bonus offer every week but It's for clothing.[/QUOTE]

I keep getting $3 or $4 but it's always for crap like the Lawn & Garden or Automotive section of Kmart. I was able to put $3 towards a PSN card a few months ago.

YMMV (flyer said valid only in certain states [mostly the Northeast]) but my store had an advertisement for Friday and Saturday of this week that said if you redeem up to 15,000 SYWR points ($15) they'll double it up to 30,000 points ($30).

It said expect more promotions on a store to store basis.

Might be good for some of you that have points to burn.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Looks like my store started marking down some games in the value bins that werent on sale before with yellow stickers.

Nothing new of value, but I did grab a Vita Card Case for 3$.[/QUOTE]

Any games you specifically remember? My Kmart has Final Fantasy III that I would like to pick up, but it was still $20 when I checked at the beginning of the month.

bread's done
Back