New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

My nearest Kmart remains almost totally barren. I've had my eyes on the few copies of Mushroom Men (Wii) that have been behind the case for many months, and since there's never anyone around to pester about scanning the barcodes, I figured I'd dig one up online and bring in a print-out to scan. $29.97. :bomb: Definitely not what I expected.
Just buy it at gohastings.com (currently on clearance for 4.96). It's 2.28 to ship. Don't accidentally select the 'used' copy, though, as it's much higher (17.40)
What are you talking about? I just visited that webpage and it's 20 bucks new. 12 Used.

My nearest Kmart remains almost totally barren. I've had my eyes on the few copies of Mushroom Men (Wii) that have been behind the case for many months, and since there's never anyone around to pester about scanning the barcodes, I figured I'd dig one up online and bring in a print-out to scan. $29.97. :bomb: Definitely not what I expected.
Just buy it at gohastings.com (currently on clearance for 4.96). It's 2.28 to ship. Don't accidentally select the 'used' copy, though, as it's much higher (17.40)
What are you talking about? I just visited that webpage and it's 20 bucks new. 12 Used.
Showing $4.96 for me: http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Mushroom-Men:whistle2:The-Spore-Wars/sku/277896627.uts

Looks like some items may have dropped.. my local Kmart had Dragon Quest IX marked as $24.97 a few weeks ago. I had some points expiring so I decided to head back to pick it up. Turns out they had slightly rearranged their clearance section and maybe marked a few items down. DQIX, for example, had gone down to $14.97. With my points, I got it for $8 and change. On the other hand, they still had copies of DQVI and LoZ: Spirit Tracks marked at $19.97, which is what they had been the last time I checked in.
That's a horrible price for DQ IX! It's been about $13 on amazon for ages now. I mean... $14.97 is better, but $25 is really bad, lol.
Huh, you're right. Last time I checked, it was up there for $13+$5 shipping and Amazon's price was higher... I figured I'd be fine picking it up in store for $18 after points. When I discovered it for $15 minus my $7 in points, I knew I had to get it.

Showing $4.96 for me: http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Mushroom-Men:whistle2:The-Spore-Wars/sku/277896627.uts
Sorry; I thought it was for Shadows of the Damned. Sucks I can't get it.

Checked out a Kmart today for the first time in a while.  Saw Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for $14.97 and Tetris Axis for $4.97.  Both games were marked properly.  I also saw several other clearance games that didn't interest me, like the Def Jam Rapstar bundles.

Thought about getting Tetris, but I don't have a 3DS yet so I held off.  I'm planning on getting one sometime soon, though.  Anyone know if the game is any good?

Grabbed Dirt 3 from the Oak Park, MI store today for $9.97, it might go back though since I can't imagine there's much in the way of a MP community anymore. Otherwise extremely little of note but there were a couple of 360 copies of War in the North for $10 and three Legandary Halo Reach editions but those were $90.
I also picked up Dirt 3 for 360 for $9.97 a few days ago. Lord Of The Rings: War In The North, i cant recommend enough for its $9.97 price tag, i just beat it mid-week last week and loved it! (I may be a bit biased though)

I'm STILL waiting for the final copy of Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE to drop like it has at other K-marts. It STILL rings up for $59.99 in my store. (i just want that bad-ass Medicine-man-in-a-box)

If i see any more "pending clearance" messages soon, ill be sure to post it here. Nothing new for the past few weeks though...

Checked out a Kmart today for the first time in a while. Saw Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for $14.97 and Tetris Axis for $4.97. Both games were marked properly. I also saw several other clearance games that didn't interest me, like the Def Jam Rapstar bundles.

Thought about getting Tetris, but I don't have a 3DS yet so I held off. I'm planning on getting one sometime soon, though. Anyone know if the game is any good?
It's essentially Tetris but the top screen is your mii dancing in a silly outfit. Very worth it. I haven't played any of the non-traditional modes.

I went in today and had a look.

Checked the following PS3 games:

Jak & Daxter Collection $19.99 still

Two Worlds 2 $14.99 still

Kingdom's of Amalur $19.99 still

Red Faction: Armageddon dropped from $14.99 to $9.99. Which is the same price as BestBuy online.

Hopefully it will be $4.99 soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the Skylanders (Spyro's Adventure, not Giants) starter pack at $29.99.  Seems to be for all systems.  None of them were priced in my store, so I scanned a couple.

Picked up the 3DS version.  We have Giants for the Wii U, and now have another platform on which to use our guys.  

Also, seemed like a handful of games have dropped by $5 to $10 bucks.  

Two Worlds 2 was marked $30, but scanned at $15.  Pilotwings Resort was marked $20 and scanned at $15.

Picked up

Blackwater Xbox 360 $2.99
Tron Battle Grid Wii $2.99
Rayman Party Collection Wii came up as check shelf for pricing cashier just made it $2.99
Sywr $5 off not too shabby

Saw a ton of Golden Suns DS $14.99 and Two DQ DS games can't remember 14/10 . Do the games with generic bar codes ever hit clearacne ? Want Lufia and Spectral Force DS but not at $15

Picked up

Blackwater Xbox 360 $2.99
Tron Battle Grid Wii $2.99
Rayman Party Collection Wii came up as check shelf for pricing cashier just made it $2.99
Sywr $5 off not too shabby

Saw a ton of Golden Suns DS $14.99 and Two DQ DS games can't remember 14/10 . Do the games with generic bar codes ever hit clearacne ? Want Lufia and Spectral Force DS but not at $15
What is that, a new position of some sort?

Just checked my rewards page and at there's a $3 reward coupon good until the 12th FYI.

What is that, a new position of some sort?
I was picturing it as more of you had to go find the shelf the clerk was taking a nap on. I got that the other day when I scanned a value bin 3D Dot Game Heroes where someone had peeled off the value bin UPC and got that. I didn't have the time to try and peel off the value tag without drawing attention to see what they would give it to me for.

Scanned some things at my local store. Blackwater for the 360 was $4.99 NOT $2.99 as others have reported. Also scanned Force Unleashed 2 and Mx vs. ATV Alive (both PS3, both still $4.99.)

Had $5 in SYWR points expiring today so went to see if I couldn't spend them on something and actually got a good haul.

:ps3: War in the North $5 - First time I've seen a PS3 copy at any of these stores and was only a single copy

:ps3: Top Spin 4 $10 - Had a whole bunch of copies, looked like it got decent scores and was half of Amazon's price

:psp:  Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom $15 - This one was mislabeled and should have been $30 but there was a sticker on the shuck for $15

$27 total after using the points which is as much as just UMVC so I'm happy.

Something's going on with Kmart's gaming, maybe a huge clearance incoming?  Everything under $40 was pulled out of the cases, none of it shucked except what was previously there.  Also all of it scanned with a regular price and an "Adv. Price" and I couldn't discern any pattern in the discounted price.  None of them were anywhere close being worth grabbing at the "Adv. Price" but it was very odd.

Is War In The North $5 on Xbox 360 too? Thanks for the updates!
Should be $5 or $10 depending on the store. Dropped before the PS3 version and most of the stores in my area are $5 but there was one I was at last week where it was still scanning for $10.

Went back to my Kmart today to pick up Tetris Axis for $4.97.  Also grabbed the following:

Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs: $9.97

Professor Layton and the Last Specter: $9.97

Sonic Colors DS: $4.97

Pokemon and Layton were tagged correctly.  I saw two copies of Sonic Colors, one tagged at $9.97 and one tagged at $29.99.

New drops:

:wii: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean 4.97
:wii: Super Swing Golf 2.00
:wii: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess 9.97
:wii: Mercury Meltdown Revolution 2.00
:360: Shadows of the Damned 4.97
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West 4.97
:360: Dead Rising 2 9.97
:360: Mass Effect Platinum Hits 6.00
:360: Mass Effect 2 4.97
:360: Bayonetta 3.00
:360: Bioshock 2 4.97

Went to two K's This weekend saw ME 1 / 2 Zelda and Super Golf at those prices but also saw and got

Jewel Master Cradle Of Athena DS $1.97

Wheel Of Fortune DS $1.97

Kmart making up for the Sears becoming GHOST towns !

Had to get a new pillow, no price changes that I could find.  They did have some of the Vita cradles, USB cables and card cases ($10, $10, $3) respectively.  The cradle's tempting just to have things managed on my desk a little better but it's going for about the same price on Amazon so I'll wait and see if it goes lower.

Swung by my local KMart today...

Fallout New Vegas (PS3) - $4.97

Alice: The Madness returns (Both) $9.97

Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP) $14.97

Deus Ex (360) $4.97

Create (360) $4.97

Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition (360) $4.97

Heavy Rain (PS3) $9.97

Swung by my local KMart today...

Fallout New Vegas (PS3) - $4.97

Alice: The Madness returns (Both) $9.97

Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP) $14.97

Deus Ex (360) $4.97

Create (360) $4.97

Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition (360) $4.97

Heavy Rain (PS3) $9.97
Very nice all around sir/madame.

New drops:

:wii: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean 4.97
:wii: Super Swing Golf 2.00
:wii: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess 9.97
:wii: Mercury Meltdown Revolution 2.00
:360: Shadows of the Damned 4.97
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West 4.97
:360: Dead Rising 2 9.97
:360: Mass Effect Platinum Hits 6.00
:360: Mass Effect 2 4.97
:360: Bayonetta 3.00
:360: Bioshock 2 4.97
damn thats some sweet stuff. all of this is really YMMV, but if anyone finds Bayonetta for that price buy two. Its fantastic.

and those finding the Blackwater game, it is not worth it even if they offer to give you 5 dollars with the game. forget it.

damn thats some sweet stuff. all of this is really YMMV, but if anyone finds Bayonetta for that price buy two. Its fantastic.

and those finding the Blackwater game, it is not worth it even if they offer to give you 5 dollars with the game. forget it.
Bayonetta is one of my favorite games of all time and one of the few I've actually beaten more than once.

Had to get a new pillow, no price changes that I could find. They did have some of the Vita cradles, USB cables and card cases ($10, $10, $3) respectively. The cradle's tempting just to have things managed on my desk a little better but it's going for about the same price on Amazon so I'll wait and see if it goes lower.
Yeah, that Vita charging cradle was lower before. It was on clearance at Sears for $3, but my store never dropped the price. I also missed it on sale at Best Buy for $7. I'm still waiting to get one since it seems fairly useful.

Got the last copy of Professor Layton and the Last Specter for $9.97 at my local store. It was tagged at $14.97 but was scanned as $9.97. Would of picked up Valkyria Chronicles 2 (they had 3 copies) but broke. Was hoping to find Shadows of the Damned, Bayonetta or Twilight Princess but no such luck, they don't have much and the store was terrible anyways.

Hello there. MX vs ATV Alive for the PS3 is clearanced at $4.99. You could, uh, buy it, and then sell it, uh, "somewhere else" for a little bit more, or put it on Ebay for as much as you want.

Considering that Gamestop charges $25 for a pre-owned copy, this is a pretty good deal!

Forgive me friends because this post is going to be a giant brag and you're all welcome to hate me a little afterwards, but I am having the BEST DAY.  On great CAG moment after another this morning (killer Gamestop trade, bunch of limited edition Skylanders, clearance finds at Target) and before I had home I figure I'll check this one Kmart about a mile away from where I am.  It had been a couple weeks, it's pretty barren but you never know.  it was such a ghost town, only things I see on clearance are two shovelware games that are still like $20.  I turn to leave and this catches my eye:

69ls0l.jpg

(Yes, I sleep on dinosaur sheets because they are awesome.  Don't you judge me!)

I almost missed it because I was just scanning for yellow tags and you would not believe the way my jaw dropped as I had to pinch myself.  Then my stomach dropped as I looked at the tag and realized I had to go find the scanner.  Longest walk to a scanner of my life, especially because I couldn't remember where it was at first.  When I found it I was just praying to Cthullu that it would come up at no more than $15; it came up for... $4.97!!!  I couldn't even believe it and found myself giving this huge fist pump like I just hit a game winning 3 point shot.  Been looking for this for months, drove all over the Detroit area on the off chance of finding it, and then poof it shows up out of nowhere (been through every game at that store in the past month and it was definitely not there before).

Forgive me friends because this post is going to be a giant brag and you're all welcome to hate me a little afterwards, but I am having the BEST DAY. On great CAG moment after another this morning (killer Gamestop trade, bunch of limited edition Skylanders, clearance finds at Target) and before I had home I figure I'll check this one Kmart about a mile away from where I am. It had been a couple weeks, it's pretty barren but you never know. it was such a ghost town, only things I see on clearance are two shovelware games that are still like $20. I turn to leave and this catches my eye:

69ls0l.jpg

(Yes, I sleep on dinosaur sheets because they are awesome. Don't you judge me!)

I almost missed it because I was just scanning for yellow tags and you would not believe the way my jaw dropped as I had to pinch myself. Then my stomach dropped as I looked at the tag and realized I had to go find the scanner. Longest walk to a scanner of my life, especially because I couldn't remember where it was at first. When I found it I was just praying to Cthullu that it would come up at no more than $15; it came up for... $4.97!!! I couldn't even believe it and found myself giving this huge fist pump like I just hit a game winning 3 point shot. Been looking for this for months, drove all over the Detroit area on the off chance of finding it, and then poof it shows up out of nowhere (been through every game at that store in the past month and it was definitely not there before).

Got one a couple weeks ago for $9.97 and I thought that was sweet but $4.97? Very nice find!

Forgive me friends because this post is going to be a giant brag and you're all welcome to hate me a little afterwards, but I am having the BEST DAY. On great CAG moment after another this morning (killer Gamestop trade, bunch of limited edition Skylanders, clearance finds at Target) and before I had home I figure I'll check this one Kmart about a mile away from where I am. It had been a couple weeks, it's pretty barren but you never know. it was such a ghost town, only things I see on clearance are two shovelware games that are still like $20. I turn to leave and this catches my eye:

69ls0l.jpg

(Yes, I sleep on dinosaur sheets because they are awesome. Don't you judge me!)

I almost missed it because I was just scanning for yellow tags and you would not believe the way my jaw dropped as I had to pinch myself. Then my stomach dropped as I looked at the tag and realized I had to go find the scanner. Longest walk to a scanner of my life, especially because I couldn't remember where it was at first. When I found it I was just praying to Cthullu that it would come up at no more than $15; it came up for... $4.97!!! I couldn't even believe it and found myself giving this huge fist pump like I just hit a game winning 3 point shot. Been looking for this for months, drove all over the Detroit area on the off chance of finding it, and then poof it shows up out of nowhere (been through every game at that store in the past month and it was definitely not there before).
That's another excellent deal, considering that Gamestop charges $29.99 for a pre-owned copy.

New drops at my store today, went to check on sly collection and found 1 copy, checked the price and it was $4.97 as previously reported. So I checked a couple other games, lord of the rings war in the north was $4.97 but I think that's already been reported, I also checked carnival games Kinect for 360 was marked $9.97 but rang up $4.97. There's some other games at my store that ill check tomorrow and post anything new.

Long time here but this is my first real post, please be gentle :)

Homefront for PS3 is $2.  It's an awful game but for 2 bucks it may be worth it.  I've already played through the game so I left it at the store for the nice Kmart employee that scanned every game for me.

Oh I forgot, Mass Effect 2 Plat hits (360 if the plat hits didn't give it away) is like $9.97 or $4.97 I forget which.  Either way I wasn't buying because I've played through it.  Also Deus Ex for 360 which my store had several of was 9.97.  Pilot Wings Resort (3DS) is $14.97.  According to the store employee they're going to lower the prices on Sunday.

bread's done
Back