New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

So you drove all over Detroit for months, spending who knows how much on gas, to end up saving $15?
Well yes and no. Looked for two or three months but more in hitting every store that was within a reasonable driving distance whenever I was going somewhere in an area normally out of reasonable reach. It was the time doing so that was the bigger waste since it meant leaving for everything two or three hours early. Also not like I kept checking stores outside of my regulars once I knew it was a waste and still got some good finds that I wouldn't have otherwise.

TLDR: I'm sad with nothing better to do but not quite that sad. :roll:

Kobo wifi ereader was just pennied out and I got it for $6.99. I know its not game related but someone might be interested in it. I remember seeing some Sly Cooper collections, will check it out next time I am covering electronics. 

I checked few games out this past friday and found, (All Xbox) A few stragglers.

Gears Of War Triple Pack $4.97

Battle Fantasia $4.97

Fairytale Fights $4.97

There were a bunch of games that dropped from $14.97 to $9.97 (Sorry, not RDR: GOTY or Warhammer) they were not big enough drops to bother posting on games you could find elsewhere cheaper.

If anything else drops, you'll be the first to know...

P.S. still waiting on Assassins Creed: Brotherhood CE to drop in my store :bomb: Im not paying $60 for a Medicine Man when the game is practically free now.

I went to a Kmart that I never go because is farther away, but the fam needed to go to that mall for shoes (women). Anyways, they had lotr war north and a couple of other behind the case priced at $15; when I asked the guy told me those were final prices... Yes I know he doesn't know jack, but I wasn't really interested in it that much to see if it would scan correctly since all their clearance games where behind glass. He probably wasn't lying about pricing because the electronics area had a couple of signs of clearance stuff that said sticker final price and they were gunning prices. This was the most organized Kmart electronics section I have been, but everything in it was high in prices even after scanning them.
They had the rapstar w mic for $15 ps3; this was out of the glass so I scanned it myself.
I found it funny they still had like 30 VHS movies! I tell you this store looked like it had the same stuff since the 90s with still high prices...

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a Kmart that I never go because is farther away, but the fam needed to go to that mall for shoes (women). Anyways, they had lotr war north and a couple of other behind the case priced at $15; when I asked the guy told me those were final prices... Yes I know he doesn't know jack, but I wasn't really interested in it that much to see if it would scan correctly since all their clearance games where behind glass. He probably wasn't lying about pricing because the electronics area had a couple of signs of clearance stuff that said sticker final price and they were gunning prices. This was the most organized Kmart electronics section I have been, but everything in it was high in prices even after scanning them. They had the rapstar w mic for $15 ps3; this was out of the glass so I scanned it myself. I found it funny they still had like 30 VHS movies! I tell you this store looked like it had the same stuff since the 90s with still high prices...
Should have just told him that you wanted to buy them all and then changed your mind at the last second. ;)

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="10853979" timestamp="1372033786"]
Should have just told him that you wanted to buy them all and then changed your mind at the last second. ;)[/quote]Lol my big backlog didn't let me pull the trigger on B- games to add to it and care to ask him. I have done it at other kmarts, but I bought some stuff from amazon so I don't wanna hear from the womenfolk that I spend too much on my hobbies for which I have limited time to do. They speak the truth though.

Picked up a Halo: Reach Limited Edition... Contemplated Resident Evil 5 Gold for $4.97, but I just recently picked up the vanilla and don't see myself ever touching the DLC.

Well yes and no. Looked for two or three months but more in hitting every store that was within a reasonable driving distance whenever I was going somewhere in an area normally out of reasonable reach. It was the time doing so that was the bigger waste since it meant leaving for everything two or three hours early. Also not like I kept checking stores outside of my regulars once I knew it was a waste and still got some good finds that I wouldn't have otherwise.

TLDR: I'm sad with nothing better to do but not quite that sad. :roll:
Got Sly Cooper for $9.97 (marked $14.97) a few months ago, at a metro Detroit Kmart. Haven't had much luck since. They still have 2 Fallout New Vegas CE's for $49.99...

Didn't see it mentioned in the last 60+ posts but Epic Mickey Collector's Edition (Wii) has dropped to $9.97.

I'd say it's a universal drop because all three Kmart's I've been into this week had it at that price and it was tagged correctly.

My Kmart value bin has been cleared out. I wonder if they RTVed them or if they are planning to clearance them. There were waaaay too many games missing to think it was bought up.

Didn't see it mentioned in the last 60+ posts but Epic Mickey Collector's Edition (Wii) has dropped to $9.97.

I'd say it's a universal drop because all three Kmart's I've been into this week had it at that price and it was tagged correctly.
Nice, they had a couple of these down the road still so will check in a little. Now they just need to do that with the Killzone 3 CE.

Found some good ones at my local KMART.

:360: Rayman Rabids: Alive and Kicking - 4.97 

:ps3: Fight Night Champion - 4.97

:ps3: The Master's, Tiger Woods 12 Golf - 4.97

:360: The Master's, Tiger Woods 12 Golf - 4.97

:ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - 4.97

:ps3: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 4.97

:ps3: Fall Out New Vegas - 4.97

:ps3: Resistance 2 - 1.97 (I doubt I will ever open this, but at 1.97?!?! Come on!)

x2 :ps3: Cars 2 - 4.97

:wii: Doods Big Something other draw something with udraw tablet - 1.97

:ds: Jewel Masters Athena something other - 1.97

I was happy to get all of the above for 52.xx.

How can you pass up games under 2 bucks?!?!

They also had bioshock 2, dead rising otr, both at 4.97.

I was very happy with my finds, considering I will definitely play a few of these games (and a couple of these had somewhat decent flipping value RRAaK for 9 bucks at GS)

If anyone still has Tiger 12 at their store for that price it's a good Gamestop flip, $5 as of Sunday.  Also if anyone gets a $5 off family footware coupon there's no minimum on that, I got my daughter some aqua shoes and four pairs of those $1.50 flip flops for $2.11 with it.

The gold edition would be worth it for the first DLC, (lost in nightmares?), alone!
I picked up RE 5 for the co-op experience, and I just don't ever see myself finding time to get to the DLC. If I find a five on the ground over the next couple days, I might change my mind, but my wallet is too thin to spend any money on something I can't see myself using. I acknowledge it's a heck of a deal though.

Grabbed :ps3: Udraw Pictionary today for $4.97.  Figured that, since I own the tablet, I might as well have every game for it...lol

There's a Gears 3 Epic Edition at mine for $30. Box looked like it had seen better days, and I think it had been retaped up, but it was there.

:ps3: resistance 2 1.97$
:ps3: mx vs atv alive 4.97$
:ps3: star wars force unleashed 2 collectors edition 49.99$ (smh too much)

i got resistance 2 for my father and mx vs atv to flip. those weekly kmart points im getting are finally comming in handy for gamestop flips lol. i forgot to scan the gow origins collection, was that clearanced out ?

:360:
Dragon Age Origins 4.97
Final Fantasy XIII 19.99
Bullet Storm Epic Edition 2.00
Need for Speed 14.99
Just Cause 2 19.97
Vancouver 2010 2.00
Gears of War Triple Pack 4.97
Lego Harry Potter Year 1-4 19.97
Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 20.24

Damn thought I hit the major jackpot with "Tiger Woods Masters 12 Wii", knowing how extremely rare the game is. I saw 4 of them locked behind the glass window. Asked the employee for a price check and hoping it would be $4.97, but nope, it rang "check self label". All of them had a price tag at $29.99 each.

I picked up RE 5 for the co-op experience, and I just don't ever see myself finding time to get to the DLC. If I find a five on the ground over the next couple days, I might change my mind, but my wallet is too thin to spend any money on something I can't see myself using. I acknowledge it's a heck of a deal though.
Can't you sell your copy for that much?

Either way it beat PC users getting zero post-release support. No DLC period, at all.

If it's the PS3 version that had a $7 base trade at GS when I was there the other day.
Nah, 360. Bought it to keep, not trade, anyway.

EDIT: There were a couple of copies of the PS3 Top Spin 4, if anyone who would use the Gainesville, FL Kmart cares.

Well, Kmart in East Greenbush, NY seems to have been cleaned out, but I found the following prices at Latham, NY Kmart...

:psp: Valkyrie Chronicles II $14.97

:3ds: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy $4.97

:psp: R-Type Command $9.97

:ds: Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part 1 $4.97

:ps3: The Fight: Lights Out $4.97

:ds: Fossil Fighters $9.97

:pc: World of Warcraft: Lich King expansion $4.97

Damn thought I hit the major jackpot with "Tiger Woods Masters 12 Wii", knowing how extremely rare the game is. I saw 4 of them locked behind the glass window. Asked the employee for a price check and hoping it would be $4.97, but nope, it rang "check self label". All of them had a price tag at $29.99 each.
Dude the game still sells for $60-$70 dollars on ebay.

Thats still "good" if you get what im saying

Well, Kmart in East Greenbush, NY seems to have been cleaned out, but I found the following prices at Latham, NY Kmart...

:psp: Valkyrie Chronicles II $14.97

:3ds: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy $4.97

:psp: R-Type Command $9.97

:ds: Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part 1 $4.97

:ps3: The Fight: Lights Out $4.97

:ds: Fossil Fighters $9.97

:pc: World of Warcraft: Lich King expansion $4.97
Yep, that's my local K-Mart, I'll check same day I see deals posted, and its always cleaned out immediatly. Employees maybe?

I picked up Valkyria Chronicles 2 ($14.97) and Halo Reach Limited Ed. ($14.97.) They also had the Legendary Edition, marked $60, and Gears 3 Epic Edition, marked $30. Also noticed StarCraft 2 at $15 which is a pretty damn good price.

Just to confirm some prices

Star wars : force unleashed ii Xbox 360 - 17.97
Lotr: war of the north Xbox 360 - 4.97
Ace combat 3ds - 4.97
De blob 2 - check shelf label (marked 5$)
Resistance 2 - 19.99 (had the sticker over the UPC... Sure it's 1.97 underneath)
Carnival games Xbox 360 - 4.97
Bunch of move games like tv superstars and the fight and singstar queen and abba for ps3 $5.00
Backyard baseball wii - $5.00

Oh and I won a betty boop plush for the wifey out of the claw game at Kmart... Not a bad day except somebody bought the damn gears triple pack I went back for :whistle2:(

Damn, go back NOW! They should look up the last MSRP and sell it to you for 90% off... eg. $3!

I've been noticing lately with the "check shelf label" message, most stores in my area are trying to charge the last stickered price MSRP for the actual price which = pure laziness.  It all all depends on who's working since I always play dumb and say "omg this came up as blah blah blah".  I had this lazy mf'er try to tell me that duke nukem for ps3 is 19.99.  Basically, it equals a turd.  A funny comedic turd worth $1.99.  Once I get the it's this MSRP price, I roll.  I may go back a month later and try again..use the "other Kmarts define check shelf label pricing as $1.99.  Once they give me the tag price...peace.  Won't even splurge for the 16 oz Dr. Pepper.  KMarts should be lucky they have customers at all considering that concrete turdbowl is just hanging on.

I've been noticing lately with the "check shelf label" message, most stores in my area are trying to charge the last stickered price MSRP for the actual price which = pure laziness. It all all depends on who's working since I always play dumb and say "omg this came up as blah blah blah". I had this lazy mf'er try to tell me that duke nukem for ps3 is 19.99. Basically, it equals a turd. A funny comedic turd worth $1.99. Once I get the it's this MSRP price, I roll. I may go back a month later and try again..use the "other Kmarts define check shelf label pricing as $1.99. Once they give me the tag price...peace. Won't even splurge for the 16 oz Dr. Pepper. KMarts should be lucky they have customers at all considering that concrete turdbowl is just hanging on.
When I've gotten them to look up the last MSRP and sell it for 90% off, it's always been the customer service person that knows how to do it and does it. (the person at the service desk up front)

Has anyone seen the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE with the figure drop yet? My Kmart has had one priced at $50 for well over two years now, and nobody is interested. They haven't dropped the price on the tag for it though...

Picked up Epic Mickey CE for $10. Nothing else cheap enough. Alice and other games are still $10. How long until the damn things drop to $5?!
If your region's running the 50% bonus at GS that's still a profitable flip, sadly someone snatched up all the copies around here.

bread's done
Back