New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Is it just me or are fewer threads using the wiki feature for the op. I would like to get in on some of these clearances but it would be nice to know what some of the games are. I went back to the middle of June and made a small list but I feel like there are a ton of other hot deals I could be Looking for.
The only thing a wiki would do is allow hoarders and resellers to have a centralized list of the deals, meaning that very few of us who want these to actually play would get them. That's why I'm glad no one has made a wiki for this thread since the deals are hard enough to find as it is.

Besides which, I know from multiple clerks at multiple Kmart stores that the one local game store owner comes in and buys up everything cheap to resell at his three stores, thus screwing over the rest of the public from getting a deal unless they go to his stores and buy at his marked up prices.

So I'd rather he not have anymore access to a compiled list that will ensure nothing is ever left for any local deal hunters.

I got Halo Reach Limited Edition for $14.97 and Child of Eden for $9.97 today, both for 360.
This makes me wonder if the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE with the jack in the box dropped at all. I know the closest store to me has one sitting in the case, for the 360 though, which means I'd have to sell off the game since I only have a PS3 at the moment.

This makes me wonder if the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE with the jack in the box dropped at all. I know the closest store to me has one sitting in the case, for the 360 though, which means I'd have to sell off the game since I only have a PS3 at the moment.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE is still $59.97 at my store, imma have to check that HALO CE now though...

Damn. It seems some clearance items either drop to check shelf label or don't drop at all now.

I actually saw that with the Halo Reach LE on a clearance table. $49.97 at my KMart.

Is it just me or are fewer threads using the wiki feature for the op. I would like to get in on some of these clearances but it would be nice to know what some of the games are. I went back to the middle of June and made a small list but I feel like there are a ton of other hot deals I could be Looking for.
Wikified OPs aren't possible since switching to CAG 3.0, so that's why you've seen less of them.

I agree 100%. Or just have someone that would have an OP and maintain it. (I am willing to do this out but I would need help as I can only gather what I read from this thread) Now that IATCG is gone maybe we can actually make that happen. I feel like it never happened before because he use to flip shit everytime someone suggested it. OMG!! The slick dealers are going to take all my clearance games. Seriously would make everyone's life way easier. "Read this thread all the time if you want to know whats on clearance" :dunce:

Anyways some Kmart clearance I got

ps3.gif
Tiger Woods 12 $3
3ds.gif
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy $3

Also got these but they are all OOS and the manager sold them to me for $3 a piece
xbox360.gif
Dungeon Siege 3
ps3.gif
Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat - uDraw
3ds.gif
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing a wiki would do is allow hoarders and resellers to have a centralized list of the deals, meaning that very few of us who want these to actually play would get them. That's why I'm glad no one has made a wiki for this thread since the deals are hard enough to find as it is.

Besides which, I know from multiple clerks at multiple Kmart stores that the one local game store owner comes in and buys up everything cheap to resell at his three stores, thus screwing over the rest of the public from getting a deal unless they go to his stores and buy at his marked up prices.

So I'd rather he not have anymore access to a compiled list that will ensure nothing is ever left for any local deal hunters.
Back in the good old days there was always a list in the OP with all the recent pricing, but soon after IATCG took over it kinda stopped.

Huge haul today from my local Kmart. They had everything unmarked. 

Had a nice associate scan everything with the gun (price will ring up on the gun even though not at the register)

PS3:

Sly Collection 2.99

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 1.99

Tiger 12 Masters 2.99

Cars 2 1.99

Alice Madness Returns 1.99

Dirt 3 2.99

Fallout New Vegas 2.99

Mass Effect 2 2.99

Dead Rising OFTR 2.99

Halo Reach LE 14.97

Mass Effect 2 2.99

Dead Rising OFTR 2.99

Lost Planet 2 1.99

Rayman Kinect 1.99

War of the North 1.99

Cabelas 2011 Gun Bundle 14.97

Tiger 12 Masters 2.99

Wii

Hot Shots Arcade LE with 2 guns 4.97

Back in the good old days there was always a list in the OP with all the recent pricing, but soon after IATCG took over it kinda stopped.
Who are you talking about? I'm kind of new here so I apologize if I don't know the abbreviations or other acronyms too well. According to the OP, this thread was started by a user named Irsaan. But I'm guessing there were versions before this one.

Who are you talking about? I'm kind of new here so I apologize if I don't know the abbreviations or other acronyms too well. According to the OP, this thread was started by a user named Irsaan. But I'm guessing there were versions before this one.
Iamthecheapestgamer. He got banned last year. He is on slickdeals now.

My local horder came to my store before I had a chance to scan all the PS3 games and buy a few of them. He had 1 full shopping cart by the time I had to clock out. Bought all games $4.97 and under, which many were penny games. I heard the next day he spent close to $600 on all of it. Wife checking the whole time if certain games would be profitable to sell. Hate hoarders :(

That makes me wonder if the furthest Kmart from me is worth a trip there this weekend sometime, since I heard the local store owner who buys everything cheap up has a smaller shop he co-owns with some other people up that way now.

My local horder came to my store before I had a chance to scan all the PS3 games and buy a few of them. He had 1 full shopping cart by the time I had to clock out. Bought all games $4.97 and under, which many were penny games. I heard the next day he spent close to $600 on all of it. Wife checking the whole time if certain games would be profitable to sell. Hate hoarders :(
That's horrible. Can't the manager refuse to sell them to him? Since he's clearly a reseller.

And how the hell does a store have $600 worth of $5 games? I'm lucky to have about $50.

Cmon man. This story simply does not work at all. First of all, there havent been any fantastic or notable drops recently. So that someone got there before you could when you WORK there, and have all the retail employee tricks up your sleeve... I mean, I have been to a lot of Kmarts over the past few months with vacations and work and everything else and even getting to $50 to use a SYWR coupon is hard going. If you truly had a treasure trove to the tune of $600 there, there is no one to blame but yourself. You should be on that as soon as they drop and especially if you let the games get to check shelf price! That would be the #1 perk of working there!

Cmon man. This story simply does not work at all. First of all, there havent been any fantastic or notable drops recently. So that someone got there before you could when you WORK there, and have all the retail employee tricks up your sleeve... I mean, I have been to a lot of Kmarts over the past few months with vacations and work and everything else and even getting to $50 to use a SYWR coupon is hard going. If you truly had a treasure trove to the tune of $600 there, there is no one to blame but yourself. You should be on that as soon as they drop and especially if you let the games get to check shelf price! That would be the #1 perk of working there!
Just because someone works for a store does not mean that you even get a chance to get in on sales and clearances before other people could potentially buy them. I know this firsthand. I work for Sears and one of the local resellers came in and bought up all of the one color of DSi's that were clearanced. There were about 2-5 of them in the case. He bought every last one. Admittedly they were the hot pink color, so I doubt I would've bought one anyway. But this just goes to show that even if you work for a store that does clearance markdowns you are not guaranteed to be able to buy stuff before the resellers get to it.

So to stop him from getting anything the next time I found a good markdown, I let another employee know about it. She promptly bought the items for her kids for a cheap upgrade, which admittedly bit me in the ass because I intended to buy one for myself and she bought both of the 3DS systems that were $100 apiece.

Even the one woman who works at the one Kmart here that the local shop owner hits was perturbed when I stopped in the other day because her department lead went through and looked up all of the prices for the CSL games, marked them down and threw them in a cart up by the front of the store. There were only a handful left when I stopped in around 3-4pm, but supposedly there was a cartload.

Last edited:
I can tell you there were many huge, notable drops, no new clearance games that I noticed but the ones on clearance dropped hard. A lot out of system, check shelf label games. Many had multiple copies the guy bought.

Simply had no time to check, we are badly understaffed. I work in the patio/garden section and I only check the games when all my work is complete. My store has always had a treasure trove since I started working there, nothing is priced correctly and good luck to a customer who can get assistance in Electronics to buy a game when there never is anybody working in that section. Results in having many older clearance games piling up.

and he is an ass on there.......

I never had a problem with him on here...(although I didn't see the final stuff which led to his ban)
You should have a problem with him. I've heard that it was him who got the pennied guides at Best Buy shut off by informing them that they existed when he tried to call them to complain that he didn't get his pennied guides.

based on your advice, I stopped in to check. took 10 minutes, and no drops on 26 clearance titles. 0. and this is a store that never updates prices.

Michael Jackson still 9.97 both systems
the show 11 14.97
other m 14.97
a load of wii games still above $10

no one has posted any new notable drops. I also find it hard to believe a kmart could possibly have 120 4.97 games on hand ever unless it was a Store specific markdown. If you know what dropped Let us know.

based on your advice, I stopped in to check. took 10 minutes, and no drops on 26 clearance titles. 0. and this is a store that never updates prices.

Michael Jackson still 9.97 both systems
the show 11 14.97
other m 14.97
a load of wii games still above $10

no one has posted any new notable drops. I also find it hard to believe a kmart could possibly have 120 4.97 games on hand ever unless it was a Store specific markdown. If you know what dropped Let us know.
Some stores actually get shipments from other stores from what I've heard. One of my closest shipped off about 30-50 games including multiple copies of RAGE for PS3 and 360 a while ago that had finally dropped to either $10 or $5 just before I could pick up a copy for my collection.

But this same store also had a full rolling cart loaded up with super old games at 90% off stuffed in the back someplace that they brought out when I asked nicely if they had any other games. So it's not impossible to find a gold mine store that has some VOM(very old merchandise) clogging up their back room.

Went to a new Kmart today.  They had a lot of stuff with clearance labels, but they were mostly MSRP or slightly under ($14.99).  Did see a copy of Goldeneye with the gold classic controller for the Wii, and picked up a copy of God of War III.  It rang up as check shelf, but had a $5 sticker on it.  I had $3 in free points, so I was happy to get it for $2.

Picked up Dead Rising 2 for 360 today for 2.97. It rung up check price, but mananged to convince them to sell it for 2.97 to me. Also picked up the metal gear HD collection on ps3 for 19.99 because I've heard its out of print and I actually kind of wanted it.

Stopped into a Kmart today and saw a few games that rang up "Shelf pricing". Had to pick up a pizza so didn't want to try to argue the 90%(and i probably would never play the games anyway). Maybe next time i'm there I'll see what i can do.

Does Kmart still allow you to use the extra $3-$5 in points they'll give for certain parts of the store (bedding, bath, houseware) on anything in the store?

Does Kmart still allow you to use the extra $3-$5 in points they'll give for certain parts of the store (bedding, bath, houseware) on anything in the store?
usually it works anywhere at kmart or sears. If you go to shopyourway and log in, it should just show the points in your account. If the points show, they can be used anywhere.

usually it works anywhere at kmart or sears. If you go to shopyourway and log in, it should just show the points in your account. If the points show, they can be used anywhere.
I only have 272 points in my account worth $0.27. Whenever I get those emails for $3-$5 extra points I almost never get points in my account unless the points are free and don't require a specific purchase.

Stopped into a Kmart today and saw a few games that rang up "Shelf pricing". Had to pick up a pizza so didn't want to try to argue the 90%(and i probably would never play the games anyway). Maybe next time i'm there I'll see what i can do.
Ill keep posting this to help people out.

Any game that says check shelf will ring up 90% on the scanner gun. Tell the employees or manager that the price will indeed ring up on the gun (you can even play dumb and say the last store did that and it worked).

They will always give you the gun price. This month most of the stuff we have found is 1.97 and 2.97 so its probably worth asking.

The only reason I want to stress this is because Id hate to read a CAG who tried to buy Sly Collection for 2-3$ only to have the store employee ask full price. One extra process by them gets you that game for $2-3

That's horrible. Can't the manager refuse to sell them to him? Since he's clearly a reseller.

And how the hell does a store have $600 worth of $5 games? I'm lucky to have about $50.
The truth is most of these stores like Kmart, Sears etc will do anything to move that product. A hoarder sadly will make their day in that sense.

This has been posted before, but today I decided to buy the Gears 3 Epic Edition for $29.97.

Also, had the guy scan Tiger Woods 12 The Masters, and Dirt 3 for the PS3, but he was too lazy to do anything when it said "Price Required" and just told me they're not going to sell it. Also, ditto for a Halo Reach LE that didn't have the slipcover with the UPC on it, but the weird thing is is that he just put them back into the covered shelf after saying they're not for sale. I might go back later and look for another employee to check it out.

Another game to look for that may be potentially CSL is the game Heavy Rain for the PS3. The regular version was $9.97 for 2-3 months in a row with no drops(just like Dirt 3 and Portal 2 which both dropped out at $10), so if you can find it it might be another $2-3 game.

The same goes for the Director's Cut(aka GOTY edition), as that was $10 for 3-4 months then just disappeared.

Last edited:
Ill keep posting this to help people out.

Any game that says check shelf will ring up 90% on the scanner gun. Tell the employees or manager that the price will indeed ring up on the gun (you can even play dumb and say the last store did that and it worked).

They will always give you the gun price. This month most of the stuff we have found is 1.97 and 2.97 so its probably worth asking.

The only reason I want to stress this is because Id hate to read a CAG who tried to buy Sly Collection for 2-3$ only to have the store employee ask full price. One extra process by them gets you that game for $2-3
It actually does not ring up 90% on the RMU. It will say 1 and then the last selling price 2999. Now what happens after that would be what that individual store policy is for handling penny merchandise.

The lead in my department told me when I first started working at Kmart a year ago to tell the customer that the item was flagged as defective and I couldn't sell it to them. Now I am allowed to sell it at 90% off.

Oh thanks for clearing that up. The employee I had help me scan the dozen or so games I bought told me if hes not around have another employee scan it with the rmu and drop the last number.

Is there an official policy on Kmart.com or something that clearly says what to do with the "Check Shelf" thing? I'm sick of the yahoos that they have employeed as managers at my local one. Great stuff there and all are ringing up at that stupid Check Shelf Label because Kmart decided to have it go straight to that instead of lowering it down to $5.

Also, I know that the X amount of dollars off works on everything, but do all of the X amount of dollars do that? I got one for $5 off shoes and there's no minimum purchase requirement, so if I get a $6 game, will it take off $5 without any issues? Also, it says for that coupon that it excludes clearance. Can anybody confirm that it will not work with clearance games?

Is there an official policy on Kmart.com or something that clearly says what to do with the "Check Shelf" thing? I'm sick of the yahoos that they have employeed as managers at my local one. Great stuff there and all are ringing up at that stupid Check Shelf Label because Kmart decided to have it go straight to that instead of lowering it down to $5.

Also, I know that the X amount of dollars off works on everything, but do all of the X amount of dollars do that? I got one for $5 off shoes and there's no minimum purchase requirement, so if I get a $6 game, will it take off $5 without any issues? Also, it says for that coupon that it excludes clearance. Can anybody confirm that it will not work with clearance games?

If it says shoes why would it work on video games? It takes $5 off shoes even if you're only buying a $5 pair or five pairs of those $1 flip flops.

I've been reading this forum for a few months now and notice the question about "check shelf label" asked quite a few times. I'll try to shed some light on this topic.

Worked at Kmart for 12 years. There is no policy on "check shelf label". What this means is the item has dropped to a penny and is supposed to be pulled and shipped back to a warehouse to be processed.

Corporate directive is to not sell penny mechandise. If a customer asks about the price the store should give you the last price listed in the RMU (handgun). This is the last regular price listed, so a game that was marked down from $29.99 to $14.97 would be listed as $29.99 marked to a penny. If you decide to buy it at $29.99, great; if not, the item should be pulled and sent back for processing.

However, a lot of stores still go by the 90% rule just to get the item out of the store and make a few bucks. In the end YMMV per store.

I've been reading this forum for a few months now and notice the question about "check shelf label" asked quite a few times. I'll try to shed some light on this topic.

Worked at Kmart for 12 years. There is no policy on "check shelf label". What this means is the item has dropped to a penny and is supposed to be pulled and shipped back to a warehouse to be processed.

Corporate directive is to not sell penny mechandise. If a customer asks about the price the store should give you the last price listed in the RMU (handgun). This is the last regular price listed, so a game that was marked down from $29.99 to $14.97 would be listed as $29.99 marked to a penny. If you decide to buy it at $29.99, great; if not, the item should be pulled and sent back for processing.

However, a lot of stores still go by the 90% rule just to get the item out of the store and make a few bucks. In the end YMMV per store.
12 years at Kmart, man your battle hardened !

That happened to me yesterday I found a huge stack of OOS games and they wouldn't give me a discount or anything.  They said I had to pay full sticker price (whatever the sticker said).   Sorry no thanks.

That happened to me yesterday I found a huge stack of OOS games and they wouldn't give me a discount or anything. They said I had to pay full sticker price (whatever the sticker said). Sorry no thanks.
It helps sometimes to preface trying to buy Check Shelf Label games by saying that you just bought such and such game at another Kmart for 90% off the sticker price when it came up CSL. Sometimes it helps, other times it doesn't. Of course, it does help if the games have an actual price sticker on them.

I ran into that issue today with copies of God Of War III(which are now out of the system as well after being $4.97 last month). Only one had a sticker on it and it ended up being $29.99. But the woman at the service desk gave them to me for $2.49 each. Not bad.

I found a modern warfare 2 hardened edition with check shelf label that the sold to me for 7.99. I was just going to trade into amazon for $14 but I wanted to check if this is worth anything? Its sealed still

I found a modern warfare 2 hardened edition with check shelf label that the sold to me for 7.99. I was just going to trade into amazon for $14 but I wanted to check if this is worth anything? Its sealed still
:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Come on, you should know even without looking that it's worth well more than that. Gets upwards of $60 on eBay for a sealed one.

bread's done
Back