New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Not the best place to ask but do any of you guys know how reliable SYWR expiration dates are? I got 40K points from the DK 3DS and AC New Leaf and got an email today saying my points are going to expire soon, except they didn't say what points or how much. The only points they do show an expiration for are 92 points from way back when (which I don't care about). 

I don't really want anything ATM but obviously, if promo points expire quickly, I'll go spend them. 

Oh, I didn't know Icarus went out of print. Gamestops seem to have them still in stock, though. I'm not still sure about that game. As cool it looks the controls have always put me off

Not the best place to ask but do any of you guys know how reliable SYWR expiration dates are? I got 40K points from the DK 3DS and AC New Leaf and got an email today saying my points are going to expire soon, except they didn't say what points or how much. The only points they do show an expiration for are 92 points from way back when (which I don't care about).

I don't really want anything ATM but obviously, if promo points expire quickly, I'll go spend them.
You have one year from purchase before they expire unless the points were earned from a special deal that states the points have to be used during certain dates which usually is the next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have one year from purchase before they expire unless the points were earned from a special deal that states the points have to be used during certain dates which usually is the next week.
Hm... maybe that's it. It doesn't say anywhere that those points are expiring but I'd rather no trust Sears/Kmart, given how shitty their systems are.

I just got back from my local kmart and noticed that Flingsmash with the Wii Motion Plus was now priced at $14.97.  So I picked up the last two in the store.  At least the controller will be useful on the Wii U that my son got for Christmas. 

I found Borderlands GOTY edition PS3 for $14.99. I hope the voucher code is still good, lol. EDIT: I can confirm that the codes STILL DO work. I just tried it and it was accepted for all 4 add on packs.

Also saw X-Men Destiny for $9.97 but I passed after reading the reviews for it.

I was honestly hoping to find some Dragon Quest games as those seem to be getting hard to find/a bit pricey, but no such luck.

I found Borderlands GOTY edition PS3 for $14.99. I hope the voucher code is still good, lol. EDIT: I can confirm that the codes STILL DO work. I just tried it and it was accepted for all 4 add on packs.

Also saw X-Men Destiny for $9.97 but I passed after reading the reviews for it.

I was honestly hoping to find some Dragon Quest games as those seem to be getting hard to find/a bit pricey, but no such luck.
Strange. I had Borderlands GOTY scanned a few days ago and it rung up $24.99 for me. RDR GOTY scanned $14.99 for me though.

Strange. I had Borderlands GOTY scanned a few days ago and it rung up $24.99 for me. RDR GOTY scanned $14.99 for me though.
It seriously depends on the kmart. I don't know why, but practically every kmart has different clearance prices... I'll ring up the same game at two different kmarts, and the price will be wildly different. That's why this thread is YMMV, lol.

Borderlands GOTY edition PS3 scanned $40 today at my local Kmart :(
That's actually how much mine was marked for..... I was honestly looking for Zelda: Spirit Tracks and briefly browsed the clearance section, but was like eh, and kept looking for Zelda in the ds section. I couldn't find it and was disappointed so I went back by the clearance section and saw Borderlands marked for $40. I was like, welp, not getting that. But it WAS in the clearance section and there WAS an employee standing around doing nothing, so I had her ring it up for me anyways. $15!

Saw some weird stuff today.  A :360: Rock Band 3 w/ Keyboard marked for $39.99.

Also saw some sort of collector's edition.  I was guessing it was a higher end Call of Duty, but now I'm not so sure, and I couldn't tell hat system it was for.  Was marked at $59.99.  Not very helpful, but I wasn't about to go find someone to check for me when I had no interest in buying it.

[quote name="djdarko" post="11398516" timestamp="1388366268"]Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (PS3) $4.97

I didn't get to check the 360 copy, probably the same price though.[/quote]
Oooh, need to find this.

I guess getting two Kid Icarusesesi makes up for it at least.  The other loose stuff I scanned hadn't changed at all.

I just got back from my local kmart and noticed that Flingsmash with the Wii Motion Plus was now priced at $14.97. So I picked up the last two in the store. At least the controller will be useful on the Wii U that my son got for Christmas.
It's in their weekly ad. So is Just Dance 3 and Goldeneye 007 (w/ gold pro controller). Skyward Sword is $29.97. I bought goldeneye the week before for $10. lol

I just got back from my local kmart and noticed that Flingsmash with the Wii Motion Plus was now priced at $14.97. So I picked up the last two in the store. At least the controller will be useful on the Wii U that my son got for Christmas.
Gee, that was nice of you.

Does anyone know current prices for Super Smash Bros. and Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii? Both were locked behind case, no sticker.

Normally I'd make some snarky comment about hoarding the game, but Flingsmash was so terrible I can't imagine anybody really wanting it anyways. I mean as a $10 demo with the WM+ it was a disappointment, I can't begin to picture anybody buying this for any reason except the Wiimote+

That $5 off clearance apparently applies to more than what was in the ad. I went to my Kmart looking for Flingsmash but instead ran into Kirby Return to Dreamland labeled on clearance for $30 but on sale for $25, like what the advertised games had.

I also saw MGR PS3 for $20. Not sure how new that is but I know it's been lower elsewhere.

to be fair it sounds like his family will be using both remotes. if he just bought them with the intent of flipping the remotes or something you might be able to justify a comment on it.

my kmart lists flingsmash as OOS online, but this thread makes me think i should go over and take a look

Is it really that good of a deal? I saw some at my store but are there that many Wii games that require more than two controllers?
Multiplayer, there are tons of them. And with WiiU still largely supporting the Wiimote it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Flingsmash is a terrible PoS not worth the plastic it's encased in, but $15 for a WM+ is a bargain.

Can you think of a few good Wii games that require more than two controllers? The only game I'd be tempted to buy another controller for is New Super Mario Bros. and maybe Rayman.

I think it was the same price a couple of years ago at Target which is where I got mine.

Can you think of a few good Wii games that require more than two controllers? The only game I'd be tempted to buy another controller for is New Super Mario Bros. and maybe Rayman.

I think it was the same price a couple of years ago at Target which is where I got mine.
Smash Bros and Mario Kart are the easiest reasons.

A store that is a decent drive away has a flingsmash available for store pick up. should i just order that and do store pickup and go for a long drive(cheaper than the outrageous shipping charge), or chance my own store(online inventory does not show it available)? also are there any additional clearance deals going on or clearance coupon?

NSMBW multiplayer is terrible, especially if you are trying to actually make any real progress. I found Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland to be better multiplayer titles if you really want to play 2D platformers in multiplayer.

Other great multiplayer games include SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Goldeneye, HotD:Og, Dead Space Extraction, and I'd say even Wii Sports Resort is worth checking out. Beyond that there are others that will be harder to find now like DBZ: BT3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Pikmin 2, ect. Granted, nearly all of these work with Gamecube controllers too, but I don't think DBZBT3 or Mario Kart Wii are even worth playing if you aren't using the motion controls, they add a ton to both games. I know there are several others but Backloggery is down and that's all I've played lately.

Of course there are also the more casual games as well like all the Wii Play/Mario Party crap and all the dancing games. Then there are the sports games that are rehashed every year (though, to be fair, Tiger Woods on Wii with WM+ is easily the best version of that game)

To top it off, the WM+ is still used on WiiU so games like Nintendoland and the Wii Sports rehash use it. It's also a good alternative if you have a Wii CCP and don't won't to shell out a bunch of money for WiiU's controller.

Last edited:
Has anyone checked Fire Emblem Awakening recently? My Kmart had 8+ for months and all were still here last week and everyone is now gone. There was also a couple copies of Kirby Returns to Dreamland and Pokepark 2 that are all gone as well. Just wondering if they were lowered and someone snagged them ASAP

Has anyone checked Fire Emblem Awakening recently? My Kmart had 8+ for months and all were still here last week and everyone is now gone. There was also a couple copies of Kirby Returns to Dreamland and Pokepark 2 that are all gone as well. Just wondering if they were lowered and someone snagged them ASAP
That $5 off clearance apparently applies to more than what was in the ad. I went to my Kmart looking for Flingsmash but instead ran into Kirby Return to Dreamland labeled on clearance for $30 but on sale for $25, like what the advertised games had.

I also saw MGR PS3 for $20. Not sure how new that is but I know it's been lower elsewhere.
Apparently I went ignored.

Apparently I went ignored.
Sorry but that was one game out of three that I asked about and I would still like to here others experience as well. If it's $25 at your KMart it may be $5-$60 at other Kmarts.

Anyone else checked those titles or noticed a large quantity disappear? Also, does anyone know if they add the sticker UPC's in store and what the process in that is?

FWIW I was able to grab the following today:

Harvest Moon 3D The Tale of Two Towns (3DS)$4.97
Madden Football (3DS) $4.97
Hot Shots Golf World Invitation Vita) $4.99
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ((Vita) $9.97

Sorry but that was one game out of three that I asked about and I would still like to here others experience as well. If it's $25 at your KMart it may be $5-$60 at other Kmarts.

Anyone else checked those titles or noticed a large quantity disappear? Also, does anyone know if they add the sticker UPC's in store and what the process in that is?

FWIW I was able to grab the following today:

Harvest Moon 3D The Tale of Two Towns (3DS)$4.97

Madden Football (3DS) $4.97

Hot Shots Golf World Invitation Vita) $4.99

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ((Vita) $4.99
Agh, didn't scan UMvC3 yesterday since everything else I was scanning hadn't changed.

Agh, didn't scan UMvC3 yesterday since everything else I was scanning hadn't changed.
That's a typo, it's still $9.97. My bad, I'll edit my post.

Still wondering if anyone knows if they add the stickers over the UPC in-store or if they send them to back before they add the stickers and re-distribute them. Would be great to know if Fire Emblem was getting any type of price drop.

That's a typo, it's still $9.97. My bad, I'll edit my post.

Still wondering if anyone knows if they add the stickers over the UPC in-store or if they send them to back before they add the stickers and re-distribute them. Would be great to know if Fire Emblem was getting any type of price drop.
I can't speak for Kmart but at the stores I've worked at they've always been the sort of thing that got pulled and sent back to the distributor and then we would get back a generic shipment with a mix of titles that were stickered over.

Saw something weird at an out-of-town K-mart yesterday.  A sale sticker on the glass case for Kid Icarus saying "Temporary Price Drop: Was $39.99, now $19.99" dated until 1/something (durrrr).  So it's either not technically on clearance or that store was being "creative" with their inventory.

That said, the tag was placed in front of PokeMon Y :oldman:  No Kid Icarus in sight.

bread's done
Back