New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Was there anything good in carson? Would like to know before I waste a trip to that deserted waste land

(Assuming you mean ca, not nv)
To be honest I don't remember. I know there were a few PS3 Disney singing games with a mic and Victorious Justice for DS.

They actually had the clearance on a table versus mixed in bargin bins.

You know you love Carson, CA!

To be honest I don't remember. I know there were a few PS3 Disney singing games with a mic and Victorious Justice for DS.

They actually had the clearance on a table versus mixed in bargin bins.

You know you love Carson, CA!
Ah k thanks

Oh, I meant the kmart there was a wasteland not Carson

Carson has some good things

Well, found one a 3DS Elite Transport Case today for $5.  Would have been nice to find before the TIV tanked.  Also found a 3DS Explorer Starter Kit for $4.97, which I figured was worth it for the earbuds and cleaning cloth, at least.

Stopped at a couple kmarts yesterday.  I saw the Disney Infinity starter kits for PS3 and Wii U are now on clearance.  They're only at $60 now but worth keeping an eye on if you're in the market for one.  The 3 figure pack without the game is on clearance too but I don't remember the price.  Scanned a few games and the only differences between the price tags were :ps3: Fallout NV GOTY for $15 (marked $29.99) and I think an :360: Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition for $15 (marked $19.99, not totally sure on this one).  

Also I was able to use the $7 off $30 in SYWR points on the sale price of the DS4.

Carson Kmart is so ghetto. I stopped going there because they freakn took out their price scanner machine. Getting an employee to price check is a B I T C H. This Kmart was the best to go spot when they had their clearance games stacked on a wall for you to take and then walk to the other side of the store to price check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diablo, World of Warcraft, and Starcraft Battle Chests all rang up out of the system for me today.  $6.xx and I was out of the door with all 3!

2 years or so ago around here (Philly area) stores would abide by the 90% discount in regards to the "check shelf label" message on the scanners.  I felt that being informative but also polite in regards to this helped with the transaction.  In Brookhaven, PA where I'm near there's an older guy who works electronics during the week.  We BS'd for several minutes one day and he basically told me that he understands the idea of discounts and can't blame me for trying to scoop things cheap.  The guy still works back in electronics but the store system itself has re-packaged quite a few games that now contain the 19.99 value sticker after sinking down to several dollars.  Timing and the actual emplyees are key.  If you have someone who'll actually scan the game on the floor that has a tagging device w/ their machine, you have a shot.  Many times I've had things relabled to $1.99.  If you take it straight to the register or customer service, be prepared for the last sticker price.  Managers are so busy that they could give a fruck in regards to  supposed policy on an old video game and those are the ones who are most likely called since clerks can at times cover several depts at a time.  I think K-Mart has one more round of YMMV discounts come late spring and that's it.  By the time PS4's expire, this place will be long gone.

2 years or so ago around here (Philly area) stores would abide by the 90% discount in regards to the "check shelf label" message on the scanners. I felt that being informative but also polite in regards to this helped with the transaction. In Brookhaven, PA where I'm near there's an older guy who works electronics during the week. We BS'd for several minutes one day and he basically told me that he understands the idea of discounts and can't blame me for trying to scoop things cheap. The guy still works back in electronics but the store system itself has re-packaged quite a few games that now contain the 19.99 value sticker after sinking down to several dollars. Timing and the actual emplyees are key. If you have someone who'll actually scan the game on the floor that has a tagging device w/ their machine, you have a shot. Many times I've had things relabled to $1.99. If you take it straight to the register or customer service, be prepared for the last sticker price. Managers are so busy that they could give a fruck in regards to supposed policy on an old video game and those are the ones who are most likely called since clerks can at times cover several depts at a time. I think K-Mart has one more round of YMMV discounts come late spring and that's it. By the time PS4's expire, this place will be long gone.
The manager at the store I visited sold me both games I found for 90% off and then encouraged me to visit other Kmarts in the area to see if I could get the same discount. She told me to take the receipt in with me to try and get the discount if the other stores wouldn't honor the 90% off discount. Needless to say, I was only able to find those two games at the initial Kmart and wasted a ton of gas driving around.

The manager at the store I visited sold me both games I found for 90% off and then encouraged me to visit other Kmarts in the area to see if I could get the same discount. She told me to take the receipt in with me to try and get the discount if the other stores wouldn't honor the 90% off discount. Needless to say, I was only able to find those two games at the initial Kmart and wasted a ton of gas driving around.
Sounds like she got her revenge. ;)

Not sure who this will effect, but there are four K-Marts that are closing in my area.  Just announced it on the news a week and a half ago.  On Sunday they started a clearance sale across the entire store.   I stopped in a few days ago and the place was pure madness.  Be damned if it wasn't Walmart at 5am on Black Friday.  I don't think I've seen that many people at this store since the late 80s. 

Everything was 10% off to start, with up to 35% on specially-marked items.  I didn't go in for games (they really didn't have much last time I was there), but I ended up nabbing both De Blob 2 (Wii) and FarCry Instincts: Predator (X360).  They weren't really at liquidate prices, but I took pity and figured I would finally be able to upgrade from the two FarCry games I have on the original Xbox (both still unopened... one with a CompUSA sticker!). 

What I found interesting, though, was that all the signs indicated that Video Games were 10% off, while everything that wasn't locked behind the counter was actually showing 25% off when I scanned them.   Every PSP game I got ahold of to scan was $3.74.   I'm not sure of the PSN and XBL cards are on clearance too, but every one was gone (as opposed to 2 weeks ago).  They had some of the older Skylander sets for PS3 that were no longer in the system either, registering to check the price on the shelf... but I did not bother.  I saw Wii Fit Plus (w/Balance Board) on clearance for $25 and change... not sure if that was a good price.  PS3 Sharpshooters were on clearance for $4.47. 

Not sure who this will effect, but there are four K-Marts that are closing in my area. Just announced it on the news a week and a half ago. On Sunday they started a clearance sale across the entire store. I stopped in a few days ago and the place was pure madness. Be damned if it wasn't Walmart at 5am on Black Friday. I don't think I've seen that many people at this store since the late 80s.

Everything was 10% off to start, with up to 35% on specially-marked items. I didn't go in for games (they really didn't have much last time I was there), but I ended up nabbing both De Blob 2 (Wii) and FarCry Instincts: Predator (X360). They weren't really at liquidate prices, but I took pity and figured I would finally be able to upgrade from the two FarCry games I have on the original Xbox (both still unopened... one with a CompUSA sticker!).

What I found interesting, though, was that all the signs indicated that Video Games were 10% off, while everything that wasn't locked behind the counter was actually showing 25% off when I scanned them. Every PSP game I got ahold of to scan was $3.74. I'm not sure of the PSN and XBL cards are on clearance too, but every one was gone (as opposed to 2 weeks ago). They had some of the older Skylander sets for PS3 that were no longer in the system either, registering to check the price on the shelf... but I did not bother. I saw Wii Fit Plus (w/Balance Board) on clearance for $25 and change... not sure if that was a good price. PS3 Sharpshooters were on clearance for $4.47.
Thought I had found the mother load of Kmart clearance last week at a way out of the way Kmart. LIterally dozens of Goldeneye bundles, SKlanders Spyros Adventure all systems, Starfox, etc. Only problem was this store was closing, and was running a different liquidation than any I had ever saw. They shipped all the pennied items from other closing stores to this one, and those items were marked up to MSRP (-25%), so Goldeneyes were 37.50 and the others were very high priced as well. Very strange.

Thought I had found the mother load of Kmart clearance last week at a way out of the way Kmart. LIterally dozens of Goldeneye bundles, SKlanders Spyros Adventure all systems, Starfox, etc. Only problem was this store was closing, and was running a different liquidation than any I had ever saw. They shipped all the pennied items from other closing stores to this one, and those items were marked up to MSRP (-25%), so Goldeneyes were 37.50 and the others were very high priced as well. Very strange.
Someone else mentioned this earlier in this thread. Apparently when they are having a closing sale it's not nearly as god as the regular clearance sales. Kinda strange indeed.

All the Kmart's that I have seen at store closing sales always do this. They mark everything up to original price and then start taking off the percentages. Some stuff is more expensive since they don't participate in Kmart's weekly ad or shop your way. Also this makes clothing a VERY bad deal since most clothing is marked up to begin with since its originally intended to be sold at, at least 50% off the retail price (fake sale). So all those jackets and coats that start at $100 for Kmart quality will take a long time to get down to a price you might actually be willing to pay for them.

I also find that store closing sales get a lot of foot traffic, but hardly anyone actually buying anything. Prices are usually cheaper online or elsewhere. They are a total scam that I won't participate in.

All the Kmart's that I have seen at store closing sales always do this. They mark everything up to original price and then start taking off the percentages. Some stuff is more expensive since they don't participate in Kmart's weekly ad or shop your way. Also this makes clothing a VERY bad deal since most clothing is marked up to begin with since its originally intended to be sold at, at least 50% off the retail price (fake sale). So all those jackets and coats that start at $100 for Kmart quality will take a long time to get down to a price you might actually be willing to pay for them.

I also find that store closing sales get a lot of foot traffic, but hardly anyone actually buying anything. Prices are usually cheaper online or elsewhere. They are a total scam that I won't participate in.
All the Kmart closing sales I have been to (half dozen or so) normally stop markdowns a month or two ahead and then go off that price. It may be a different liquidator thing to completely reprice everything/

Ran across a copy of Skyward Sword today, had it price checked and it was $25. I swear I saw someone else here post that it was $10.
One single person posted it was $10 like a month n a half ago but even then I use to check it regularly and it was $35 always and others also confirmed it was $35 at there stores trying to find it for that $10 that didn't exist. So either that person got lucky or he was getting people on a goose chase

from 1998.
Most likely this:

img_062711-kids-computer-11_thumb555.jpg

The Philadelphia store on 3000 Island Avenue is scheduled to close next Monday, I think. A dump bin holds most of the remaining games. Plenty of copies of :360: MW3 ($14.99 after 50% discount), Gears of War 3 ($9.99), and Halo Anniversary ($9.99). Some random Wii games (Harvest Moon) and PS3 games mixed in. Locked in the jewelry counter is a Little Big Planet SE box (labelled $49.97), two Move bundles, some :3ds: Skylanders bundles, and some Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III's labelled as $199.99.

Outside of toys (60% off) and Christmas decorations (85%), the rest of the store has been mostly pillaged.

Well I found a handful of good games that were out of the system at stores I don't normally go to today and every store refused to do the 90% thing for me. :whistle2:(

Yea the rmu gun will list the lowest price it was last as well as say if it a item they aren't supposed to carry no more
Yeah they checked it with that and it was just a case of getting people at each store with no interest in doing it.

Any games yet to be mentioned in this thread?
No, it was all stuff that was out of the system some time ago. Ace Combat, Rayman Legends, Killzone 3, things like that.

F Anaheim Kmart. The manager (RPM) said I was trying to scam the store. Just because I mentioned him the 90% discount policy when Starcraft II rung up "Check Self Label". He told me Our Kmart doesn't do that. No Kmart does that. So let me get this straight you want me to sell you this game for $3.99. I was like "Ummm yeah cause I ain't paying $40 for that". He then proceed to tell other Kmart employees to remember my face and watch out for him. He's a scammer. I was like "WTF", dropped a toolkit (which i was going to purchase at retail price) in front of him and walked out the store.

F Anaheim Kmart. The manager (RPM) said I was trying to scam the store. Just because I mentioned him the 90% discount policy when Starcraft II rung up "Check Self Label". He told me Our Kmart doesn't do that. No Kmart does that. So let me get this straight you want me to sell you this game for $3.99. I was like "Ummm yeah cause I ain't paying $40 for that". He then proceed to tell other Kmart employees to remember my face and watch out for him. He's a scammer. I was like "WTF", dropped a toolkit (which i was going to purchase at retail price) in front of him and walked out the store.
I would of been a ass and ask her if she ever heard of legal term defamation of character and by telling that to all the other employees right in front of you even worst I would definitely call corporate on that one cause yes they don't have to approve a lower price but the way she did it kind of cross the line of both decency and also professional attitude since she should of just denied the lower price and then if she wanted to tell other employees to remember you to tell them after you the customer walked out

Okay so one of the last 3 Kmarts around me is closing and I went in there a couple of days ago to check out liquidation and they have a TON and I mean TON of Flingsmashs now out. I'm sure they were all in the back or something but like why now/!??!?!?!? SO MANY!!!!!!! I will take a pics of thems when I go there again. Will set up tripod and angles and sht

Found an Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 360 LE box stickered for $59.99, "Check label price" at the price checker and the manager told me that it was $99.99 no exceptions.

:shock:

Not sure if it's ever been posted, but I was on the hunt for a Wii Classic Controller Pro and K-Mart was the only place that had them.  Expected them to ring up at $19.99 and instead...

:wii: Classic Controller Pro $12.00

Not sure if it's ever been posted, but I was on the hunt for a Wii Classic Controller Pro and K-Mart was the only place that had them. Expected them to ring up at $19.99 and instead...

:wii: Classic Controller Pro $12.00
All the stores around here either keep these locked on the peg or buried in the glass case at the register.

Not sure if it's ever been posted, but I was on the hunt for a Wii Classic Controller Pro and K-Mart was the only place that had them. Expected them to ring up at $19.99 and instead...

:wii: Classic Controller Pro $12.00
I've been looking for one myself. Nervous to try ebay with all the knock offs out there. I'll take a look at a K-Mart tomorrow if I can find a local one. Thanks for the tip.

Don't know if they're recent price drops, but I bought these today:

Metal Gear Rising - $17.99

Dead Space 3 - $11.99

Crysis 3 - $11.99

(all for PS3)

bread's done
Back