New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='superhippy1986']How much did they over charge you?!!! I want the truth! I can handle the truth...[/QUOTE]

They overcharged me by $6. :roll:

[quote name='confoosious']They overcharged me by $6. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Being overcharged is kind of a prerequisite for buying a Mac. :lol:

[quote name='confoosious']They overcharged me by $6. :roll:[/QUOTE]

They overcharged you by 6 bucks wow you got taken to the cleaners!:roll: So did you use your 50 bucks in reward zone credits towards it?

[quote name='inky1600']They overcharged you by 6 bucks wow you got taken to the cleaners!:roll: So did you use your 50 bucks in reward zone credits towards it?[/QUOTE]

In case you couldn't tell, he was being sarcastic about being overcharged.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']In case you couldn't tell, he was being sarcastic about being overcharged.[/QUOTE]

Of course I could tell but as far as SuperHippy....not sure if serious

So the real question is when are we going to get any clearance thread that the OP is updated and accurate... or says anything useful at all?? I went around to local Kmarts the other day and found TONS of games at $5 a piece. The downside was Kmart is a hell hole. Half the time I just left because there was literally no one working in the electronics so I couldn't get to the games... If you want an example of how organized the Kmarts are look at the OP for a clearance list :lol:

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']So the real question is when are we going to get any clearance thread that the OP is updated and accurate... or says anything useful at all??[/quote]
I got something useful to say. Monitor this thread and keep an eye on it at least once a day and you won't have to demand an 'omg detailed and updated OP' since you'll know what's on clearance. As for me, these prices suck balls still and shit seems to be going outta the system before hitting 90% off anymore, so Kmart clearance is STILL fuckin' DEAD to me. Otherwise stuff would be dropping regularly every month like clockwork on a set schedule and not be YMMV AT ALL due to managers' prerogative.

But again if you want a detailed, updated OP for clearance prices and items, go to the TRU/Target ones cuz the Sears/Kmart ones will hopefully remain a jumbled mess.:booty:

[quote name='superhippy1986']Who the hell thinks of Best Buy when it comes to buying a computer?!!! I bet its the same people who own a Wii....[/QUOTE]

Got our ASUS Gaming Republic laptops there. Good stuff.

Went by kmart and only saw guitar hero 5 for the ps3 for $5. Did see the uniden bluetooth dect 6 phones that are $50 off, which i did purchase at $29.99 since i haven't upgraded my home phone since 2001...lol...

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']What's wrong with owning a Wii?[/QUOTE]

Nothing at all.. Nintendo is freaking awesome..... Totally awesome..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Has anyone tried getting them to discount a PS Eye or PS3 chatpad as of yet? I believe they'd be $11.25 and $15 after the discounts.[/QUOTE]

What's the point of a chatpad for PS3? You can just use a USB keyboard. It's not like Xbox where everything is proprietary.

Its much easier to sit in front of a TV with a chatpad vs a huge USB keyboard. The chatpad at $10-15 would also probably be cheaper than obtaining a wireless usb keyboard compatible with the PS3. The chatpad is NOT worth $50! Something tells me having both a controller on my lap and a USB keyboard wouldn't work out so well.

The con is that it has the same kind of recharging system as the PS3 controller so you can't charge it using just a regular USB charger since it won't work. The PS3 only has 2 USB ports and if you have a controller plus move controllers and a PS eye it becomes impossible to charge them all with just one available USB port on your system. You basically have to buy proprietary external chargers if you have a PS3 and a lot of controllers or else your life will not be very easy.

[quote name='whitereflection']What's the point of a chatpad for PS3? You can just use a USB keyboard. It's not like Xbox where everything is proprietary.[/QUOTE]
I was using an old USB keyboard for a while, but that went KAPUT a while ago. I'll probably just go grab another one sometime and use that with the Rock Band USB hub I got a few years ago at Target for $3 and plug that back into the open USB port on the PS3.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was using an old USB keyboard for a while, but that went KAPUT a while ago. I'll probably just go grab another one sometime and use that with the Rock Band USB hub I got a few years ago at Target for $3 and plug that back into the open USB port on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

You have an interesting PSN name..... why have one then?

got the only 2 copies of ufc 2010 for ps3 with the ufc shirt bundle for 6 bucks but they rand up 4.50.....good deal

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was using an old USB keyboard for a while, but that went KAPUT a while ago. I'll probably just go grab another one sometime and use that with the Rock Band USB hub I got a few years ago at Target for $3 and plug that back into the open USB port on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

My PS3 only has 2 usb ports in the front (slim model) however I have 2 charger stations, paid $5 for a nyko move station at BB, then I went out of my way to pick up the slim starter kit from BB for 9.99 which was really worth it. I haven't tried the headset yet but the charger is doing its job. I do have an extra USB keyboard but like I said it doesn't really work when I sit in my chair and play games as my lap would be overcrowded, also the keyboard wire is way too short so I would have to use an extension cord and I am sure I just used my last USB extension cord for something... and I don't feel like placing a monoprice order for more. You can also use the PS keypad when its detached from the controller even though the manual says you can't, and it actually works quite well this way especially if you don't want to weigh down your controller with it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']You have an interesting PSN name..... why have one then?[/QUOTE]
Because it's not my primary PSN name, which is just a shortened version of my user name here. That was an alt that I was posting to the PS Blog under when I was complaining regularly about all of the large FW updates that were largely doing squat of use to me.
[quote name='SaraAB']My PS3 only has 2 usb ports in the front (slim model) however I have 2 charger stations, paid $5 for a nyko move station at BB, then I went out of my way to pick up the slim starter kit from BB for 9.99 which was really worth it. I haven't tried the headset yet but the charger is doing its job. I do have an extra USB keyboard but like I said it doesn't really work when I sit in my chair and play games as my lap would be overcrowded, also the keyboard wire is way too short so I would have to use an extension cord and I am sure I just used my last USB extension cord for something... and I don't feel like placing a monoprice order for more. You can also use the PS keypad when its detached from the controller even though the manual says you can't, and it actually works quite well this way especially if you don't want to weigh down your controller with it.[/QUOTE]
My PS3 only has 2 USB ports as well, but I've been using one of those USB hubs attached to one of the two ports for a headset and for my keyboard for a while. But I recently switched to an official PS3 headset that I got out of a Socom Confrontation bundle from Sears for $10-15, so since the keyboard is dead and I no longer need the old style USB headset I unplugged it.

But since I sit only 3-4 feet from my PS3 I was always just putting the USB keyboard on the lower shelf of the table I have my PS3 on when I wasn't using it and putting the controller down on a smaller table beside me when I used the keyboard. It worked out well for me for a while.

You should be able to sync up most Bluetooth keyboards to the PS3. I picked up the HP Touchpad Bluetooth keyboard last year, and it works wonders. I hardly use it though, but it would have made those Dark Souls/Demon's Souls chat rooms much easier to use. I paid $20 for it, and you can't go wrong at that price.

Went to the upper darby KMart and brought the flyer in hand to get the 25% discount on the clearance games. And the manager refused to give me the 25% discount and said either take the game discounted at $5 or he will apply the 25% discount on the clearance sticker marked on the game. I chuckled and left the games for the employees to put back. At that point I didn't care how much I would saved, it was more of a respect issue and I felt disrespected. What happened to the customer is always right, I guess that only applies to stores that actually make money. IMHO, it would be easier to sell me the games with the discount than for them to waste their employees time putting it back on the shelves to sit there for who knows when, most likely when that store closes. For everyone's reference, the games were some PS3 launch titles.

I saw (Wii) Epic Mickey: Collector's Edition for $29.xx and (PS3) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition for $44.xx (both amounts are after the extra 25% off).

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You should be able to sync up most Bluetooth keyboards to the PS3. I picked up the HP Touchpad Bluetooth keyboard last year, and it works wonders. I hardly use it though, but it would have made those Dark Souls/Demon's Souls chat rooms much easier to use. I paid $20 for it, and you can't go wrong at that price.[/QUOTE]
Five bucks vs twenty bucks? I'll stick to a USB keyboard since it doesn't need charging or batteries and it's the cheaper option.:razz:

If youre looking for customer service, you wont find it at my local kmart... Waited in line for 20 minutes the other day to check out bc the computer went down. The manager at the customer service counter refused to check us out because "she was doing something." Instead, she decided to keep chatting with her friend who was hanging out at he counter.

I wasnt buying games either... That kmart had zero games on clearance. And they are all kept behind glass.

[quote name='rawer']I saw (Wii) Epic Mickey: Collector's Edition for $29.xx and (PS3) Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition for $44.xx (both amounts are after the extra 25% off).[/QUOTE]
When the kmart in my hometown closed they had a ton of those epic mickey collectors editions for $15 a piece I wish I would have bought at least one now for myself, but they weren't worth trying to flip so I passed. I did pick up two of those AC: Brotherhood ce for ps3 for $20 a piece and now I regret selling them. lol

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Five bucks vs twenty bucks? I'll stick to a USB keyboard since it doesn't need charging or batteries and it's the cheaper option.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Everything is going wireless so I'm ok with that. I wouldn't want keyboards among other accessories plugged in. I had bad experiences with wired accessories back in the day. $20 is fine with me.

Just got back from a kmart slightly more out of the way for me. Picked up a PS3 wireless keypad for $10, a spare ps2 controller for $5, and a DS GameTraveler case for $2.50 (they 3 in blue/black each).

They also had a PS Eye camera for $10, but didn't see anything else that was worth it.

No one noticed their Kmart's game section plastered with sale stickers today? They were selling :wii:Tatsusomething vs Capcom for $3.67 or something. I would have bought it if i could have found a copy. And i don't even own a :wii:! That's how hardcore i am. Stcikers I remember seeing (I realize that some seem to be part of the 25% thing):

Cabela's something 2010 (wii): $3.xx
Dragon Age 2 (Ps3/360): $12.xx
Yakuza 4 (PS3): $15
Bulletstorm (Ps3\360): $15
Dungeon Siege III (PS3\360): $15
Lost Planet 2 (Ps3\360): $11.xx
Front Mission Evolved (360): $3.xx
Kane & Lynch Dog days (Ps3): $11.xx
Sports Champions (PS3): $3.xx
Sonic Genesis Collection (360): $4.xx
(Lots more...)

Really just paid attention the the PS3\#60 stuff under $20. Everything was disorganized, but clearly marked.

[quote name='nietzsche74']No one noticed their Kmart's game section plastered with sale stickers today? They were selling :wii:Tatsusomething vs Capcom for $3.67 or something. I would have bought it if i could have found a copy. And i don't even own a :wii:! That's how hardcore i am. Stcikers I remember seeing (I realize that some seem to be part of the 25% thing):

Cabela's something 2010 (wii): $3.xx
Dragon Age 2 (Ps3/360): $12.xx
Yakuza 4 (PS3): $15
Bulletstorm (Ps3\360): $15
Dungeon Siege III (PS3\360): $15
Lost Planet 2 (Ps3\360): $11.xx
Front Mission Evolved (360): $3.xx
Kane & Lynch Dog days (Ps3): $11.xx
Sports Champions (PS3): $3.xx
Sonic Genesis Collection (360): $4.xx
(Lots more...)

Really just paid attention the the PS3\#60 stuff under $20. Everything was disorganized, but clearly marked.[/QUOTE]

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars - Nintendo Wii and its worth $7 on amazon..
$11 for Kane and Lynch? HA! Kiss my grits Kmart!

[quote name='Talgrund']Just got back from a kmart slightly more out of the way for me. Picked up a PS3 wireless keypad for $10, a spare ps2 controller for $5, and a DS GameTraveler case for $2.50 (they 3 in blue/black each).

They also had a PS Eye camera for $10, but didn't see anything else that was worth it.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. That means the PS EYE dropped $5 since last month and the PS3 chatpad dropped $10.

So perhaps the old, old clearance schedule is finally back? I know they used to always update stickers for clearance items in electronics with a middle of the month date.

I may have to check my closest Kmart for a few PS Eye cameras in a day or two, since it's FINALLY supposed to get less humid here and cool down a bit.:applause:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. That means the PS EYE dropped $5 since last month and the PS3 chatpad dropped $10.

So perhaps the old, old clearance schedule is finally back? I know they used to always update stickers for clearance items in electronics with a middle of the month date.

I may have to check my closest Kmart for a few PS Eye cameras in a day or two, since it's FINALLY supposed to get less humid here and cool down a bit.:applause:[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely grab the chatpad at $10. A store between both of us had two last week. Shh...

I know.;) That's the one I was hoping wouldn't update tags cuz neither were marked with any clearance tags AND they were buried in a far corner of electronics AWAY from the cases.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I know.;) That's the one I was hoping wouldn't update tags cuz neither were marked with any clearance tags AND they were buried in a far corner of electronics AWAY from the cases.:D[/QUOTE]

I've met the electronics manager there. Pretty cool fellow and they seem to be on top of things, though they have their own methods of madness on where things are organized.

I may stop by tomorrow to pick it up.

I stopped by my local kmart (sacramento area) after work and picked up the Limited Edition Star Wars Xbox for $300. I've been checking for weeks because this Kmart is notorious for having great clearance deals that are usually unmarked. This one was marked surprisingly! I nearly fainted.

[quote name='SaraAB']I just noticed that the PS eye dropped to 9.99 used on gamestop.com in case anyone can't find it at their stores.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I wonder if it's part of that Gamestock sale they have going right now. If so, then I could grab two of them and have a whopping $3 something left on my eRewards gc.:lol:

Grabbed these today (prices after the 25% off):
Patapon 3 (psp): $7.47
Rock Band 2 (ps3): $1.12
Singstar Legends (ps2): $3.75

There was a lot of other stuff there. I think Dante's Inferno (psp) had a sale marker for $11 and change. The stickers weren't updated, though. Patapon was still marked at $14.99.

Also, just a note: For those of you that grabbed the ps3 singstar bundles: The $5 copies of the ps2 Singstar games (Singstar Queen, Abba, Legends) they seem to have stacks of are all playable on the ps3 using the ps3 Singstar game's engine if you use the disc swap that was added with a patch (press select in the track menu and you can swap out the game disc with any other singstar disc, ps2 ones included). So each basically amounts to a $5 30-song track pack for the ps3.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']So a PS3 chatpad rang up 10.00 and I paid that. Was I supposed to pay 7.50?[/QUOTE]

Uh... what? It's $10.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']So a PS3 chatpad rang up 10.00 and I paid that. Was I supposed to pay 7.50?[/QUOTE]

Are you asking if it's supposed to be an extra 25% off? I think the signage said "25% off clearance games", so it's quite possible that hardware's not included. I think the games I got today rang up with the 25% off already applied, so if it rang up at $10, chances are it's not included in the sale.

[quote name='Romeo']Uh... what? It's $10.[/QUOTE]
Right. But there's a 25% sale going on. Wasn't sure if it was only for games or all gaming clearance (accessories)

[quote name='MR_E']Are you asking if it's supposed to be an extra 25% off? I think the signage said "25% off clearance games", so it's quite possible that hardware's not included. I think the games I got today rang up with the 25% off already applied, so if it rang up at $10, chances are it's not included in the sale.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your help. :D

[quote name='MR_E']Are you asking if it's supposed to be an extra 25% off? I think the signage said "25% off clearance games", so it's quite possible that hardware's not included. I think the games I got today rang up with the 25% off already applied, so if it rang up at $10, chances are it's not included in the sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Right. But there's a 25% sale going on. Wasn't sure if it was only for games or all gaming clearance (accessories)

Thanks for your help. :D[/QUOTE]

If you're store is following procedure the tags will show the sale price after the 25% discount. All of the old $5 music games are now tagged $3.75.

Accessories do not count.

I finally gave in to buying Vanquish (PS3) and picked up Bulletstorm (PS3) for the hell of it... both for $11 and change. Now I have so many FPS games on backlog, it's ridiculous. May take a trip over to one or two of the NJ stores tomorrow since I'm making a Princeton Record Exchange trip anyways.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']I finally gave in to buying Vanquish (PS3) and picked up Bulletstorm (PS3) for the hell of it... both for $11 and change. Now I have so many FPS games on backlog, it's ridiculous. May take a trip over to one or two of the NJ stores tomorrow since I'm making a Princeton Record Exchange trip anyways.[/QUOTE]

How much is Vanquish? A nearby store is good at tagging correctly. It was marked $14.99 as of last night.

[quote name='Romeo']How much is Vanquish? A nearby store is good at tagging correctly. It was marked $14.99 as of last night.[/QUOTE]

When I picked up the ps3 version of vanquish it was 11.22. Marked at 13.49 however the 360 version is cheaper... Anyone know how much infamous really is? It's marked at 14.99

Just got back from Kmart and grabbed Yakuza 4 for $11.22 - nice deal.

They had tons of $15 and $20 games, plus the 25% off. If there's another drop... :drool:

bread's done
Back