New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='Komentra']Those of you mentioning printing off the bar codes and scanning them at the store where do I go to find a page of these barcodes? Would appreciate it, thanks.[/QUOTE]
You have to make the page yourself by looking up the UPC's for stuff you're interested in, going to a site like UPCDatabase and entering them in the search function. Then take the barcode it creates and cut/paste that into MS word. Rinse and repeat for anything else you're interested in.

3D Dot Game Heroes was pennied but the guy at the game section sold it to me for 10 dollars. Thought i had a decent deal lol but then i checked that Gamestop has it at 9.99 new.

[quote name='PANZERGRENADIER']Saw the core psp for $97, Cars 2/fifa psp bundle for $78, and the star wars 360 for $300.[/QUOTE]

WTH? So a core PSP is more expensive than a bundled PSP?

[quote name='SaraAB']This is really crazy, but it sounds like something Kmart would do. This is Kmart, a company that is barely existing between all the Walmart's and Targets. Maybe Kmart's ancient and terrible computer system is finally failing them. Let us know what happens, as I have never seen a store go down for days like this.[/QUOTE]

The local Kmart has reopened. The computer problems have been corrected. However, the register crashed three times while I was trying to checkout. I waited because I got all this for $45.98 + tax.

sYUk9.jpg

[quote name='kerouac kid']The local Kmart has reopened. The computer problems have been corrected. However, the register crashed three times while I was trying to checkout. I waited because I got all this for $45.98 + tax.

sYUk9.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Holy smokes! That's insane. If only more people could find those items for those prices.

[quote name='Grecco']3D Dot Game Heroes was pennied but the guy at the game section sold it to me for 10 dollars. Thought i had a decent deal lol but then i checked that Gamestop has it at 9.99 new.[/QUOTE]

It was $5 or $6 the past month at Kmart.

[quote name='kerouac kid']The local Kmart has reopened. The computer problems have been corrected. However, the register crashed three times while I was trying to checkout. I waited because I got all this for $45.98 + tax.

sYUk9.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Which Kmart was this at?

I think I saw one of those orange box XBL packs at one of the local Kmarts here. I think it was the one I grabbed the PS Eye from for $8 the other day.

By the way, before I forget again, that :ps3: Little Big Planet GOTY & LBP Sackboy plush combo has entered the clearance cycle. It was coming up $24.97 at my closest store earlier this week.

Grabbed a PS3 component cable for $8 to hook up to my PS2. The Epic Mickey paint brush controller was $4.... didn't look for the bundle.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I also prefer to check prices myself with printed upcs. I hate asking for price checks since around half the time they don't want to be bothered and sometimes refuse or they will tell me it's whatever the sticker says.[/QUOTE]

Insist, or ask for a manager. Save you some ink.

I went to my local K-Mart for the first time in ages looking for a PSP but came up empty. I did end up buying a bunch of junk though. These were actually tagged and rang up $1.00 each.

kmartdollar.jpg

Picked up Muramasa :wii: for $3.75 at the Burnham, Pa location. Rang up $15- but they had a sign saying it was $3.75 so they marked it down to that.

and viewtiful joe :ps2: for $2.00 at the Shamokin Dam, Pa location

I bought the SW Kinect bundle. I was able to get the $50 award card promotion to stack. You have to purchase a game with the system. The selection of qualifying games is limited.

Purchase an Xbox or PS3 console w NCAA Football 13 or other games....Get $50 award card.See details! Offer ends 29-Jul-2012.
Hide Details
Qualifying games include NCAA Football 13, Sony Starhawk, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes, Lollipop Chainsaw pr Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Limit one (1) $50.00 award card per transaction. Valid on purchase from 7/10/12 to 7/29/12 Award Card redeemable online or in store 8/6/12 thru 12/31/12 unless prohibited by law. While award card quantities last. Qualifying online purchases will receive an Award Card via email no later than 8/15/12. Items sold by Kmart only. Offer good through 29-Jul-2012
I received a gift receipt with my purchase. I will exchange MP3 for Fifa 13. The award card is valid until 12/31. I noticed other people have purchased the SW bundle. I thought this information might be helpful.

Did it require a manager override or anything? Cause I see Lego Batman 2 is on that list and its on sale for $30 this week. So they are basically paying me $20 dollars to take Lego Batman 2.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Did it require a manager override or anything? Cause I see Lego Batman 2 is on that list and its on sale for $30 this week. So they are basically paying me $20 dollars to take Lego Batman 2.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it did require an override. I was told the override was required because I did a return/rebuy on the same receipt. Apparently, the system recognized the transaction as a game purchase only.

Picked up a Dual Shock w/ God of War Collection Bundle for $24, PS3 Chatpad for $7 and Infamous 2: Hero Edition for $60. I know the Infamous wasn't a great deal, but I wanted that damned bag.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Full case game. If memory serves, it even has a real upc and not the usual "not for resale" stamp most pack ins have.[/QUOTE]

It does.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I bought the SW Kinect bundle. I was able to get the $50 award card promotion to stack. You have to purchase a game with the system. The selection of qualifying games is limited.

Purchase an Xbox or PS3 console w NCAA Football 13 or other games....Get $50 award card.See details! Offer ends 29-Jul-2012.
Hide Details
Qualifying games include NCAA Football 13, Sony Starhawk, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes, Lollipop Chainsaw pr Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Limit one (1) $50.00 award card per transaction. Valid on purchase from 7/10/12 to 7/29/12 Award Card redeemable online or in store 8/6/12 thru 12/31/12 unless prohibited by law. While award card quantities last. Qualifying online purchases will receive an Award Card via email no later than 8/15/12. Items sold by Kmart only. Offer good through 29-Jul-2012
I received a gift receipt with my purchase. I will exchange MP3 for Fifa 13. The award card is valid until 12/31. I noticed other people have purchased the SW bundle. I thought this information might be helpful.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know where I can get hard proof that this promotion is good in store? This promo was a great find, as my store had a star wars bundle. But they said it must be an online only deal, since they could only find it on the website. We tried buying the system with Max Payne, but it did not work at all. So I just returned Max Payne and kept the Xbox. But, I'd love to return and rebuy with a game to get that $50 gc.

Saint'sRow911;9837482 said:
Really wish I could find that God of War bundle for $24 and not the $45 I keep seeing it at.

There are 2 different types of controller bundles. The one I got was the God of War Collection with the Red Dual Shock for $24. The Kmart by me also had the God of War Origins Collection with the Red Dual shock for $45, Uncharted 1&2 with a Blue Dual Shock for $45. The $24 had a slightly larger box and was probably an older model

Bought EA Active 2 (PS3) for 4 bucks yesterday.
Saw all the wireless ps3 headsets for 20 bucks.
Ps3 Chatpad was still 20, but there were a ton and it'll probably drop again.
Resistance 1 and 2 with controller rung up 45.
Centralia/Chehalis, WA

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Picked up a Dual Shock w/ God of War Collection Bundle for $24, PS3 Chatpad for $7 and Infamous 2: Hero Edition for $60. I know the Infamous wasn't a great deal, but I wanted that damned bag.[/QUOTE]

Is it Origins Collection or just the collection with GOW 1 and 2?

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']There are 2 different types of controller bundles. The one I got was the God of War Collection with the Red Dual Shock for $24. The Kmart by me also had the God of War Origins Collection with the Red Dual shock for $45, Uncharted 1&2 with a Blue Dual Shock for $45. The $24 had a slightly larger box and was probably an older model[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that makes sense then. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah I just went to Kmart and got excited when I got the GOW Origins collection with the controller thinking it may be $24, but like it was mentioned it was $45.

If it was the Origins collection for $24 I would of been able to sell Origins on Ebay for that easily and got the controller free. Oh well.

That's what I did with the lone Uncharted Dual Pack/DS 3 pack I snagged from Target a few months ago. I just unloaded Uncharted 1 & 2 to BB a week or two ago for $22 & change after the 100% promo n GCU. So I paid $9 for a Dual Shock 3 in the end.;)

Found Singstar ABBA, Singstar Queen, and Trauma Center Second Opinion for $1 each at my local Kmart. Not bad.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Does KMART clearance usually scan as marked, or are they all over the place like Sears tends to be where you have to take them to a cashier to scan them?

I saw a HUUUUUGGGGEEEE clearance games section (finally) at my local KMART (must have had 500 games or more), but because most of the games said $19.xx I didn't really bother. I was just looking for something specific and they didn't have it, so I left. However if they are further taking down % off of that, I can certainly find something to use my $10 points certificate on. :)[/QUOTE]

Really depends on the store whether they've been updating the stickers or not. If it looks like a mess then have them scan it, if it's fairly organized then the sticker is probably right but still a decent chance it's not. They've had a clearance game section for a long time and it's been usually $19.99+ for 2 years i.e. not really a clearance RE the section you saw.

[quote name='abert78160']Well, at the one I went to, they had the bin with the sign that said clearance $19.99 and most games there were unmarked. However, where I picked up 3D Dot Game Heroes for $9.99, it was a section of shelf right next to the glass case of new games that had a whole bunch of other games clearly marked with a yellow price sticker.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure yellow sticker is the one they use for clearance. Their "clearance bin" is really just false advertising.

[quote name='deadtrees']The Moorestown, NJ store moved a bunch of older games to open shelves. None of these prices were as marked.

Vanquish (Xbox 360) $12.99
Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360) $9.99
Ninety-Nine Nights 2 (Xbox 360) $9.99
Crackdown 2 (Xbox 360) $9.99
Singularity (Xbox 360) $9.99
Alpha Protocol (Xbox 360) $9.99
Condemned (Xbox 360) $6.99
Condemned 2 (Xbox 360, PS3) $6.99
Qubed (Xbox 360) $6.99
Section 8 (Xbox 360) $6.99

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3) $9.99
Naruto Ultimate Ninja: Storm (PS3) $9.99
Mercenaries 2 (PS3) $6.99
Brutal Legend (PS3) $6.99
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (PS3) $6.99
Far Cry 2 (PS3) $6.99
Mirror's Edge (PS3) $6.99
Viking: Battle for Asgard (PS3) $6.99
Dark Void (PS3) $4.99

Blue Dragon Plus (DS) $9.99
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS) $9.99

Resident Evil 4 (PS2, GH) $2.99 (not a typo!)

Taito Legends Power-up (PSP) $6.99[/QUOTE]

Wow did you scan those?

I cannot for the life of me find a clearanced out PS3 chatpad at Kmart or Target. If someone could snag one for $11 or $12 and be willing to ship it, I'd gladly pay them $20 through PayPal.

[quote name='MoltenMan']I cannot for the life of me find a clearanced out PS3 chatpad at Kmart or Target. If someone could snag one for $11 or $12 and be willing to ship it, I'd gladly pay them $20 through PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I would grab one for you, but the store I saw them at was 20 miles away. I'll keep it in mind if I get back that way.

i picked up the ps3 chatpad for $9.99 today.

also, the ps3 remote control dropped to $15.
the ps eye dropped to $15 or something as well.

[quote name='PublikDefender']i picked up the ps3 chatpad for $9.99 today.

also, the ps3 remote control dropped to $15.
the ps eye dropped to $15 or something as well.[/QUOTE]
This is what frustrates me about Kmart clearance anymore. The prices are so all over the place and so YMMV it's not even funny.:roll: The PS3 remote(old style one without the built in universal remote functions for tv's and such) is out of the system at my local Kmarts already and they're all marked $14.99 when you can find them. So that means that's the absolute lowest price the cashiers or managers will offer it to you.:roll:

The PS EYE cameras dropped to $8 here, though I'm not sure if that's even universal since I haven't been to any other Kmarts since finding one at my closest store.:whistle2:#

[quote name='MoltenMan']That'd be cool. I appreciate that. I REALLY don't want to pay $40-$50 for that thing. :p[/QUOTE]

IMO it isn't even worth $10. I too got it for $10 from the kmart clearance and I loathe it.

1) It cannot be used without a controller
2) There is no backlight so it's impossible to use without lights on
3) The touch sensitivity to scroll has a mind of it's own, it moves without you even touching it

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is what frustrates me about Kmart clearance anymore. The prices are so all over the place and so YMMV it's not even funny.:roll: The PS3 remote(old style one without the built in universal remote functions for tv's and such) is out of the system at my local Kmarts already and they're all marked $14.99 when you can find them. So that means that's the absolute lowest price the cashiers or managers will offer it to you.:roll:

The PS EYE cameras dropped to $8 here, though I'm not sure if that's even universal since I haven't been to any other Kmarts since finding one at my closest store.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I paid 29.xx for the Live bundle at Kmart. However, another CAG posted he bought it for 39.xx. It reminds me of Sears. My local Sears has a ton of games just sitting on a shelf. The prices are not even close to what have been reported in the Sears thread. Also, the Sears store has multiples of the Eye and Chatpad, but they are marked at MSRP.

[quote name='Romeo']IMO it isn't even worth $10. I too got it for $10 from the kmart clearance and I loathe it.

1) It cannot be used without a controller
2) There is no backlight so it's impossible to use without lights on
3) The touch sensitivity to scroll has a mind of it's own, it moves without you even touching it[/QUOTE]

Is it also not very compatible with a lot of games and such? Like pshome stuff and dc universe online? Im debating on picking one up...

bread's done
Back