New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='Nintendonly']So what is their value at GameStop?[/QUOTE]

The three 3ds games kmart has for $4.97 trade in to best buy at $10 after the 100%. The gamestop values are 3.75 - 5.25 after the 50%.

Picked up a pair of Sony 3D glasses for $20. I heard somewhere in this thread that the Sly Cooper Trilogy was on clearance for a really low price and that the Fable III CE was $25 but they rang up for $30 and $50, respectively.

[quote name='tuffguycore']That doesn't surprise me. The Wilkes Barre one off of 81 is just as bad.

I even tried a couple of Salvos in the past couple of weeks and there's just nothing around here. I don't know if you've checked the CL lately, but if it isn't a Wii/PS3/360 there's just... shit. and I check it all the time.[/QUOTE]
The Salvo(assuming you mean Salvation Army by this) on the San Souci is decent at times, but getting someone to get a game or whatever out of the glass case in the one corner is a bitch at times. The one on Kidder is ok and I usually just traipse right behind the counter anymore to check out their CD's/DVD's and what not. That's the store I found a nice HP 2159m monitor with decent speakers that has an HDMI port on it for $20 and could've bought a couple iMacs that needed to be restored at different times from there for $20 apiece too.

As for the Kmarts, the one in WB off 81 USED to be good. I picked up at least a handful of decent priced clearance titles there a year or two ago. But the last time I was there they had a big empty spot on the shelf where the :ps3:Eye cameras should've been, meaning someone grabbed whatever they had.

Before the flood wiped out the Edwardsville one, one of my last scores there was a sealed copy of :gc:Zelda Twilight Princess for $5. I picked up TWO of them from the Pittston store for the same price at about the same time too.;)

I picked up a pair of Sony 3D glasses. I wanted to get at least one more pair, but the employee couldn't get the case open (the lock was apparently broke) and he had a hard enough time just getting the one pair out, so I told him to forget the second one because it was obvious he would never be able to reach it.

I also saw the LBP 2 Move bundle on clearance for $50. They only had two or I would have tried to get them to ring up with b2g1.

October BUMP..

Looks like Kmart have adjusted clearances prices again for this month... From scans I did

Vanquish $9.97
Enslaved- $4.97 PS3
Pure- $9.97 PS3
deBlob- $4.97 PS3
Bioshock 2- $11.24
God of War Origins + Controller Bundle $33.24
LBP Plush & Game $11.24
Smackdown vs Raw PS2 3-game bundle $14.99

last years sports games are still ringing up $29.99

I myself got

Star Wars Force Unleashed w/ cards $7.47
Fear $11.24
PS3 component cables $6.00 (also compatible w/ the PS2 which I'm using them for)

basically drops are happening in a weird fashion... no steady price decreases for all games just a random selection. As always, scan

Isn't 25% off clearance prices one of the highlights for this week's Kmart sales?

Well, I'm asking this as if I didn't just look it up... but I did actually, and the thread I found three or four pages back seems to agree. So I posed it in the form of a question for the hell of it, I guess.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']

I myself got

[/QUOTE]

What system was that for? I saw the Wii version last month, but it scanned at $19.99.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']October BUMP..

Looks like Kmart have adjusted clearances prices again for this month... From scans I did

Vanquish $9.97
Enslaved- $4.97 PS3
Pure- $9.97 PS3
deBlob- $4.97 PS3
Bioshock 2- $11.24
LBP Plush & Game $11.24

I myself got

Fear $11.24
PS3 component cables $6.00 (also compatible w/ the PS2 which I'm using them for)

basically drops are happening in a weird fashion... no steady price decreases for all games just a random selection. As always, scan[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. I hope they drop the price of those Rock Band Keyboard bundles. I really want to get one before they are gone. I'll have to check them out when I get the chance.

[quote name='fearMr.Met']October BUMP..

Vanquish $9.97
Enslaved- $4.97 PS3
Pure- $9.97 PS3
deBlob- $4.97 PS3
Bioshock 2- $11.24
LBP Plush & Game $11.24

I myself got

Fear $11.24

basically drops are happening in a weird fashion... no steady price decreases for all games just a random selection. As always, scan[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Too bad the PS EYE's and chatpads by me were all out of the system already or it'd be cool to get two of them with the $5 in free credit they gave me(which expires tomorrow, assuming at the end of business I hope).

Of course, this is assuming they even have any left, since they marked them $4 and $5 on the shelves now and a buddy of mine from CAG told me he grabbed 2 of the 3 PS EYE's they had already.

Picked up Bulletstorm (PS3) for something like $7.47; not sure if 25% was automatically applied or not, but since it was stickered at $15 I didn't feel like bringing it up with the cashier.

Is the 25% off usually automatically applied? I would have hate to have wasted a few dollars.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Picked up Bulletstorm (PS3) for something like $7.47; not sure if 25% was automatically applied or not, but since it was stickered at $15 I didn't feel like bringing it up with the cashier.

Is the 25% off usually automatically applied? I would have hate to have wasted a few dollars.[/QUOTE]
At that price, I believe so. $9.99-25% is about $7.50

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lbp bundle with the plush is 11 now ? Its been dropping more latley and none at my kmart have been sold yet. ill see how low the price can get[/QUOTE]
It's only $11 something with the 25% off clearance going on this week. Otherwise it's still $15.

Oh damn, I just bought Uncharted Dual pack and controller bundle for $45 last week because my controller was acting up again. I just couldn't wait till another price drop.

Does anyone know if K-mart does a price adjustment for clearance purchases?
Well, I need to find the receipt first just in case.

[quote name='jooanyenna']Oh damn, I just bought Uncharted Dual pack and controller bundle for $45 last week because my controller was acting up again. I just couldn't wait till another price drop.

Does anyone know if K-mart does a price adjustment for clearance purchases?
Well, I need to find the receipt first just in case.[/QUOTE]
It says on the back of my kmart receipt price adjustments are only for 7 days and holiday/seasonal/clearance items are not eligible. You could always do a return/rebuy maybe.

There was jack and squat left at my next closest Kmart in the way of clearance gaming items. So I ended up using the free $5 on some transformers for my tv so I could hook up my old antennas to my HDtv to try and pull in the local channels with it.

They seemed to be clearing them out for $.97 per two pack(two pack includes one that plugs into the coax port on the back of the tv with prongs to hook up the antennas to and the other variety for those with super antique tv's with the screws you could put the prongs under).

So I grabbed two packs of those for $1 each and the one PSP Go Blue hard case for $2.

Then on the way out I grabbed a small bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for $2.48 to kill off the $5 in free credit.:lol:

Does the 25% off apply to handhelds on clearance? My nearest store still has a PSP core system tagged at $84. $63 +tax would be awesome.

I know where there are a few of the Uncharted dual packs with DS3. Not sure if I want to pick any up at $34 because I still have two LBP combo packs and a GoW combo pack from earlier sales. Three spares should get me through the next couple years.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Does the 25% off apply to handhelds on clearance? My nearest store still has a PSP core system tagged at $84. $63 +tax would be awesome.

I know where there are a few of the Uncharted dual packs with DS3. Not sure if I want to pick any up at $34 because I still have two LBP combo packs and a GoW combo pack from earlier sales. Three spares should get me through the next couple years.[/QUOTE]
The 25% off actually applied to the $.99 transformer packs I bought, so I imagine anything on clearance is an additional 25% off.

Sweet. It's actually the one I returned awhile back after buying another after the last price drop. If it's still there, I'll repeat the process again. :razz: Hopefully I can keep doing this until I can nab it for about $45 or they tell me to stop returning PSPs!

I don't even bother with all the clearance sales anymore since all the Kmarts around my area never honor them even when I show them the ad. They always find new ways to talk out of honoring the deal like $5 is as low they can go (even though they were a few games that were marked less than that) , it's only the few games that are shown on the ad, or some bullshit answer like that.:roll:

Scored the God of War Origins combo pack with the red controller for $22.49 after discount. It was tagged at $44.99, but must have really been $29.99 before the extra 25% off.

Also got a generic third party USB charge cable for $2.24. They had a ton of them.

[quote name='DJP519']Scored the God of War Origins combo pack with the red controller for $22.49 after discount. It was tagged at $44.99, but must have really been $29.99 before the extra 25% off.

Also got a generic third party USB charge cable for $2.24. They had a ton of them.[/QUOTE]

The blue box one? Someone posted earlier it was $45.00 before discount. Maybe I should have the one I saw scanned. I would definitely grab it for $22.50 instead of $33.13

[quote name='coopscohen']The blue box one? Someone posted earlier it was $45.00 before discount. Maybe I should have the one I saw scanned. I would definitely grab it for $22.50 instead of $33.13[/QUOTE]

Yes, in a blue box. UPC 7-11719-98336-1

[quote name='DJP519']Yes, in a blue box. UPC 7-11719-98336-1[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I hope the bundle at my store is priced like the one you picked up.

25% off automatically for me too. I got lbp with plush for $11.22 and yakuza 4 for 3.72. I left behind alot of other games b/c they were not tagged with the most current price. I did scan fable 3 collectors - $37, a creed brotherhood collectors - $44, halo reach collectors - $37. They also had a ps3 monitor/motorstorm apocolypse bundle tagged at $149 but i didnt have it scanned.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']The 3D display is 25% off (almost $110). Both controller bundles (Uncharted & GoW Origins) scanned as $22.49. Happy hunting.[/QUOTE]

I hate this thread. Every time I tell myself to give up on Kmart, this thread pulls me back in. I never find these deals at my local store, yet I keep going back to look. I suppose i'll be going to look for these deals now. At least my expectations will be low...

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']The 3D display is 25% off (almost $110). Both controller bundles (Uncharted & GoW Origins) scanned as $22.49. Happy hunting.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the extended plan on the TV? I heard there were a ton of problems with it. Nice finds though.

[quote name='whitereflection']How did you guys know about the 25% off clearance items? I don't think my local Kmarts will honor it since they don't even have weekly ads.[/QUOTE]

It's right in their ad for this week. I wonder if the Sony 3d monitor with Motorstorm counts as "clearance games". It's on clearance at my KMarts for $150.

[quote name='inky1600']It's right in their ad for this week. I wonder if the Sony 3d monitor with Motorstorm counts as "clearance games". It's on clearance at my KMarts for $150.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you guys beat me to it. I'll def have to give this some thought.

Picked up after 25% (pre-tax):

:3ds: Cubic Ninja $3.72
:3ds: Ghost Recon $7.47
:3ds: Centipede Infestation $3.72
:ds: Rhythm Heaven $2.24 (marked $2.99 out of system though)
:ps3: Dragon Age II $3.72
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins Awakening $3.72
:ps3: Dungeon Siege III $3.72
:ps3: Move Heroes $3.72
:ps3: Yakuza 4 $3.72

Wait. Dungeon Siege III is that cheap? Sonofabitch. I think I've seen copies at a few local Kmarts. I never did play it when I had it from the @Gamer program a while ago, but for that price I'd likely pick up another copy and play it this time.

This is what pisses me off about Sears and Kmart clearance anymore. Normally stuff would hit 90% off(and for a while Sears stuff was going to much more than 90%, as I remember buying PSP games for $.27 each) and every store from Maine to Florida and New Jersey to California would be the same motherfuckin' price on everything.

Now you have people reporting $3-4 for a game in one section of the country and $6-8 in another part. It's really quite annoying.

Sorry for the crudeness...don't have photoshop here at work:

image.jpg

image.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is what pisses me off about Sears and Kmart clearance anymore. Normally stuff would hit 90% off(and for a while Sears stuff was going to much more than 90%, as I remember buying PSP games for $.27 each) and every store from Maine to Florida and New Jersey to California would be the same motherfuckin' price on everything.

Now you have people reporting $3-4 for a game in one section of the country and $6-8 in another part. It's really quite annoying.[/QUOTE]

I agree it does suck!

Yakuza 4 is very YMMV. One Kmart had it at 11 something and another about 12 miles away at $3.72. It was a tough choice, but I went with the $3.72. Didn't know Dragon age and Dungeon Siege were so cheap, will be going back.

Has anyone been able to get the 25% discount on games in the display cases that are not labeled Clearance? If it only applies to games marked with clearance stickers it will be very slim pickins at some stores.

Sorry I haven't followed this thread in a little bit of time (and the OP didn't have the information I was looking for), but what was the last price people have found the Gears of War Xbox console for?

Got back from my kmart. Was able to pick up Dragon Age 2 and Dungeon Siege 3 for 3.72 each. Saw Move heroes for the same price but didnt get it. Also saw Fear 3 for $7. Btw, all PS3.

bread's done
Back