New Logitech Driving Force Pro $79.99 & Speedster 3 Forceshock $69.99 at Gamestop B&M

emperorx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Today, I went out looking for the Fanatec Speedster 3 Forceshock Steering Wheel for Xbox.
I had no luck at Circuit City, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or EB Games.
However, Gamestop had two of them marked at $69.99, and right beside it was the Logitech Driving Force Pro Steering Wheel for PS2 marked at $79.99.
I had not planned on buying the Driving Force Pro, but the lowest price I have seen it has been around $100, so I could not pass it up. The Speedster 3 was also a great deal as Outpost seems to be the only place online that carries it, and it is $99.99. Both wheels were new and sealed in box and marked new.

The Driving Force Pro is for GT4. As for the quality of the wheels, I do not know about the Xbox one yet, but the Driving Force Pro was a great wheel for GT4 when I tested it out a few months back.

wow totally!!!

update: got mine! 79.99 + 4.00 tax equals 83.99

i wonder if this is a universal drop, other wise id rather get it from bestbuy for reward points XD

Well, here's the thing...

1) I already have one. So a 2nd isn't THAT important.

2) I have a Logitech Force Feedback as well, so I can already do 2 players in GT4, etc.

3) While it's a great price, no stores I know of have any left. And the website doesn't have the Driving Force Pro listed anymore... so I can't look online to see who still has them. :(

When I saw the deal, I stopped by a local EB and a GS, but neither had any left. So, I've deciced to be good and leave this one alone. ;)

DAMMIT!

So I go into EB after work (they are RIGHT across the street), and make sure I don't have any pre-orders I was supposed to pick up. (I got FF XI for PC and Xbox 360 yesterday from the Gamestop 1 mile from my house.)

So I walk up to the front counter, and both the store manager and one of his best employees are there (third key maybe?). Both greet me, and in short order I discover I have no pre-orders to pick up, or any I'm even waiting for.

So I do a once around the store, and I'm stopped dead in my tracks. There is a BIG pile of dance pads, PSP accessories, and STEERING WHEELS. And sure enough, right in the middle is a Driving Force Pro marked $99.

So I ask the manager to check the price, and sure enough it's $79.99 now. Try as I might, I couldn't leave it alone. So the damn thing is in my trunk. I don't have the guts to bring it in tonight and try to find a place for it... but at SOME point I'll hook it up on my 2nd PS2, with the 2nd copy of GT4, and with my *2* Driving Force Pro's... it will be SWEET. ;)

Darn you guys for helping me spend money I don't really have! :D

(Seriously, thanks for the info.)

I just purchased the Driving Force Pro from my local EB Games for $79.99. Brand new-perfect condition. At first i went to Gamestop but they didnt have any. The stores are only about a mile apart so I am glad i hit up EB. The Gamestop did have the xbox steering wheel you guys mentioned.

I played GT3 and it is pretty slick. I have to go out tomorrow and get GT4. It is too bad that this thing doesnt work for other systems because i have a ton of racing games for Xbox (Rallisport 2, PGR 2, Burnout 3, etc.)

bread's done
Back