New Mario game being made (not NSMB Wii or SMG2)

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
From IGN

An all-new Mario game is in development at Nintendo, with news coming from none other than the voice of Mario himself, Charles Martinet.

Nintendo is known to be at work on the soon-to-be-released New Super Mario Bros. and next year's Super Mario Galaxy 2 – but Martinet, who has been the voice of the rotund plumber since 1996's Super Mario 64, says this will be an all-new game.

Speaking on his Twitter (via Joystiq), Martinet revealed on Saturday, "Awesome new Mario Game! And it's not NSMB Wii, and it's not Galaxy 2, but it's going to be crazy fun!"

Whether the new game is for DS, Wii or (gasp!) an all-new console is yet to be disclosed, although we await further confirmation from Nintendo.

Maybe a new Super Mario RPG entry?

Not much of a news story without details. I think we can take it for granted that there's always a new Mario game in the works! It could just be another Mario Party or Mario Golf...

Indeed, it's been ages since the last Mario Party game, though I get the feeling that the Mario/Sonic Olympic games have more or less replaced them.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Nintendo recently renewed their Super Mario All Stars copyright in Japan. A DS port/remake seems possible.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have a more encompassing version released for the Wii.

Donkey Kong
Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 1-3+USA
Super Mario World 1+2
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG?
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Mario Tennis 64
Mario Golf 64
Mario Party(s)
Super Smash Bros?
Paper Mario
Mario Land 1+2
Super Mario Bros Deluxe?
Mario Tennis(GBC)
Mario Golf(GBC)
Super Mario Advances?
Mario vs Donkey Kong
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Mario Golf Advance
Mario Tennis Advance
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario Pinball Land
Dr. Mario(s)

I wouldn't mind if they split the games up and released a handheld focused collection for the DS and a home console focused collection for the Wii.

No, it's more like, the sky is blue, but they are releasing a new shade of blue. The shade of blue could just be an old shade of blue, or it could be a new one. We don't know. I really hope it's a new Paper Mario.

I just think it should be fairly obvious that at any given time, there are several Mario games in the works, and not all of them publicly announced.

At any rate, I actually am glad about this story (saw it earlier today), because I wasn't aware that Charles Martinet was on Twitter. Totally follow'd.

[quote name='FallMoon']No, it's more like, the sky is blue, but they are releasing a new shade of blue. The shade of blue could just be an old shade of blue, or it could be a new one. We don't know. I really hope it's a new Paper Mario.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Loved Paper Mario for the Wii.

I don't own a wii but i think it would be a perfect fit for a Mario Sunshine or Luigis Mansion game(i know their making a Mario game but still)

With all the mario side off projects like sports and party games and others they need to go to original content fun like Super Mario Bros. Or any of those. Or hell even a new Mario RPG(but it won't bet Legend of the 7 Stars!!!!)

I'd love a new Paper Mario, but would prefer a return to the Paper Mario/Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door turn-based gameplay.

I'd really rather see something completely new, though, instead of just a sequel to an existing series.

It's probably going to be a Mario sports title...

I would LOVE for something like Super Mario RPG (I'm not a huge fan of the Paper Mario games).

It would be awesome if it was Mario RPG, but it would absolutely suck if they ruined the gag of Mario not speaking. So maybe that's confirmation it's not a strict sequel to Mario RPG.

That is, if it isn't Mario All Stars or some sports title. =p

[quote name='crunchewy']I'd love a new Paper Mario, but would prefer a return to the Paper Mario/Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door turn-based gameplay.

I'd really rather see something completely new, though, instead of just a sequel to an existing series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if it's Super Paper Mario 2, I would be passing on it. I'm still surprised they haven't done a New Play Control! Super Mario Sunshine (or Wind Waker for that matter). Would basically be printing money.

Actually, I don't dislike Super Paper Mario, just like the originals better.

What I would love to see, but it doesn't seem likely, is a new Mario Baseball game with WM+. You know you want it.

The originals are much better. I'd like a new Paper Mario, with a whole new exciting world. I'd also like the old Paper composer back.

How about a Super Mario FPS? Just use the Metroid Prime 3 engine and maybe switch between fireballs and hammers with the Z button. Oh, and include stealth gameplay, so you can sneak up on Goombas and attack them from behind. And... and... RPG elements so that you're leveling up to reach different classes like 5th-degree Mushroom Mage. With online multiplayer like Conduit. And Mii support. And a second quest. And include a Power Glove Wii accessory. Hells yeah.

I've been wondering when Mario Golf Wii might be announced, maybe that's what this is. We've already seen a Wii Mario Party and Mario Baseball. If it is golf I hope they include an option for traditional controls in addition to the obvious motion controls, similar to how using a Gamecube controller is an option on Mario Kart Wii. I'd also be happy if this were a sequel to Super Paper Mario, which is probably my favorite Wii game to this point.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Paper Luigi !

That was teased in Thousand Year Door and would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

How about Paper Mario Bros.?

I respect Mario and some of his games. (Just not the sports ones) But I think the Mario games have run their course and Nintendo should try to make a new mascot.

I wouldn't mind a new Paper Mario Bros. game, but not like the first one on Wii. I didn't go in having expectations that it would be like the 64/GC ones; I was sold on the novelty of the 2D/3D concept and then about halfway through the game, I realized that I just didn't like it at all.

[quote name='QiG']I wouldn't mind a new Paper Mario Bros. game, but not like the first one on Wii. I didn't go in having expectations that it would be like the 64/GC ones; I was sold on the novelty of the 2D/3D concept and then about halfway through the game, I realized that I just didn't like it at all.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I liked the concept and execution a lot. However, I prefer the Paper Mario's as RPGs, I wouldn't mind a Super Paper Mario 2 (spin off?).

[quote name='MWrights']I respect Mario and some of his games. (Just not the sports ones) But I think the Mario games have run their course and Nintendo should try to make a new mascot.[/QUOTE]

Then what about all the other mascots they have?

Hope it's a game based on Bowser *crosses fingers* :applause:

bread's done
Back