New Mass Effect MTV Preview is Hotness! (I hate that word...)

[quote name='daphatty']Meh... Looks like a generic 3rd person shooter. The gameplay portions look very uninspiring.[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to play a BioWare game... and I'm not talking about you since this is the first BioWare game that interests me. But I would not judge so quickly since combat is not the total focus of the game.

Mass Effect keeps on looking better and better every time I see it. I can't wait to get my hands on it.
When we see the spaceship drop the car the camera movements reminded me of how the camera in Battlestar Galactica SFX sequences moves.

Graphics are insane. Judging by the trailer, it looks like that the combat system is "turn-based." The targeting icon seemed to switch automatically from one target to another as if the player "selected" each target rather than using the curser to "lock-on" to enemies and firing.

[quote name='Kendro']Graphics are insane. Judging by the trailer, it looks like that the combat system is "turn-based." The targeting icon seemed to switch automatically from one target to another as if the player "selected" each target rather than using the curser to "lock-on" to enemies and firing.[/QUOTE]

it does use a D&D style of combat, but all in real-time (alot like Bioware's other stuff).

I thought they had said the game-play was not turn based, more along the lines of Jade Empire. The targeting system looks more like that than some of Biowares older games. The graphics do look amazing, can't wait to get my hands on this....

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It's a Bioware game so I'm buying it. Loved Jade Empire and both KOTORS.[/quote]

Technically speaking, Kotor 2 was Obsidian, not Bioware. :D But you main point is 100% correct, I cannot think of one bad Bioware game...even MDK was cool, IMO.

I ...want...this ...game wow...just,wow RPG elements and more action oriented squad combat from the looks of it topped off in a Sci Fi shell YES PLEASE!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I had the gametrailers link in the OP already, just incase you missed it.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, I did. I will go kill my kitten now....:applause:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']My most wanted game for the 360. The wait is killing me.[/quote]
Same here.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It's been said due sometime between March and June.[/quote]
And since it's a Bioware game I think the earliest we can expect it is Fall 2007. ;)

[quote name='Kaijufan']Same here.

And since it's a Bioware game I think the earliest we can expect it is Fall 2007. ;)[/QUOTE]

DOAX2 was my most wanted, but since that's out already Mass Effect is the new one with Lost Planet close behind.

... now that I think about it the 360 is sure as hell getting alot of sci-fi titles... and I mean ALOT, which isn't bad at all.

bread's done
Back