New Metallica Album!

MRJESUS925

CAGiversary!
EDIT: Ok, here's a more recent recap:

Death Magnetic is set to be realesed on September 12th.

Track Listing (see-also, access_denied's post):

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

"The Day That Never Comes" and "My Apocalypse" have both been realesed as singles, with two more coming out on Sep. 2nd and 9th.

The entire album will be available for download the day it comes out on GHIII.

"The Day That Never Comes"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UNfNpjWz-Y

"My Apocalypse"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lngybF6ldlk

"Cyanide" Live at Ozzfest '08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKBy8--Y1Nc

Personally, I really like the first two, but I don't really care for Cyanide.

Altogether, I'm very excited for the album.

I'll put links to the new singles as they come.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Will']As hard as it will be...Ill give it a shot..after St Anger, could it really get worse?[/quote]

That was my first thought. After wasting $15 on that stupid album,
and then listening to it in its entirety,
I felt that the only direction these guys could go was up.

[quote name='dcfox']Oh shit. That really does sound like an Offspring song. :shock:[/quote]

I felt that too. If you would have played just the audio to me,
i would have guessed it was their lead singer playing live with a cold or something.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Did you see Kind of Monster? They are dead...[/quote]

Ugh. I love Metallica,
but after watching that movie i lost a lot of respect for them.

It's been confirmed that song isn't going to be on the album.

Oh and if you watch the Bonnaroo performance, they sound pretty tight with the old stuff. James doesn't sound too bad and they're still capable of kicking ass. I still have some hope.

Regardless, I'll be writing a review of it for my college paper. I have to listen to it lol.

I don't know whats worse, St. Anger or the new Judas Priest album Nostradumas....

After thinking about it for awhile...I would say "St. Anger"

I'm still hoping that they still come up with a great album though...

Anyways, I'm sure Metallica knows that this album is their make or break release. Somewhat explains the release of Bob Rock and the arrival of Rick Rubin to take his place.

Oh and Nostradamus is fucking wretched.

[quote name='Warlock TCK']

Oh and if you watch the Bonnaroo performance, they sound pretty tight with the old stuff. James doesn't sound too bad and they're still capable of kicking ass. I still have some hope.

Regardless, I'll be writing a review of it for my college paper. I have to listen to it lol.[/quote]

I did see some of that footage, they were surprisingly good.
Definitely makes me want to see them live again,
if not for their new stuff then at least seeing them play the classics without butchering them.

Nostradamus is bad!?!? Dammit. I was actually looking forward too that.
But i guess you can't believe everything itunes reviewers tell you.

[quote name='MRJESUS925']Nostradamus is bad!?!? Dammit. I was actually looking forward too that.
But i guess you can't believe everything itunes reviewers tell you.[/quote]

I thought it was very good. But I guess not everyone has the same tastes in music. As for Metallica, I am looking forward to it. From what I heard, it is way better than St. Anger.

[quote name='uberpwner93']I thought it was very good. But I guess not everyone has the same tastes in music. As for Metallica, I am looking forward to it. From what I heard, it is way better than St. Anger.[/quote]

Well, I love judas, so ill probably end up buying it just to have it,
even if i don't like it.
Judas Priest is just one of those bands where i have to buy every album they put out, regardless of quality.

[quote name='MRJESUS925']Well, I love judas, so ill probably end up buying it just to have it,
even if i don't like it.
Judas Priest is just one of those bands where i have to buy every album they put out, regardless of quality.[/quote]

Yeah. I did the same with Metallica. St. Anger was a big mistake, but from what I heard from the new one, it should be good.

[quote name='CrimGhost']I liked it when Metallica played like a faster Motorhead and stole/borrowed Mercyful Fate riffs.[/quote]

that's actually one of the best descriptions of what they sound like. :D

[quote name='KiLL3r']Is metallica going punk now?[/quote]

This new song has enough oozin ahh's and wailin' woahs to make you think so. It really does sound like the Offspring, or maybe even a really hard Bad Religion.

It's better than anything they've done in a long, long time, so I might slightly care.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Oh joy, new Metallica, I bet it'll be just as boring and crappy as everything else they've ever made![/quote]Needs more crust

Maybe I'll download it and give it a listen. Hopes aren't high since I was always more into Pantera anyway.

I said it once, I'll say it again; guess I'm the only one that liked St Anger. Yeah, it was the worst Album they ever put out, but still I liked it.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I said it once, I'll say it again; guess I'm the only one that liked St Anger. Yeah, it was the worst Album they ever put out, but still I liked it.[/quote]

It wasn't so much that i didn't like St. Anger (and i don't like it at all)
so much as that compared to their early albums, it sucked.

RIP Dimebag, Pantera is fucking awesome.

[quote name='MRJESUS925']that's actually one of the best descriptions of what they sounded like. :D[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Needs more crust[/quote]

They just need to stop fucking playing. The only thing that could save them is if every member quit, got new members, and changed their name to Municipal Waste or something.

Black album and back...Top notch fucking music...Load and Re-Load...while Id like to make fun of those 2, they grew on my and are tolerable.

For the most part, alot of bands tend to go to shit when they get clean and sober up. Not knocking the effort, just saying.

James isnt angry anymore and thats what fueld Metallica's music.

Also...not that it really has to be posted here BUT its Metallica related.....

Awhile back, Slash was on Howard Stern's show. He mentioned a time when he walked into a hotel room and found James Hetfield throat f'n some chick and what made it funny was, if you listen to Metallica, you know the sound makes when James goes "ooh, yeah" etc etc...well thats what he was saying, in the same tone, while ramming his rod in the chicks mouth.

[quote name='Will']Also...not that it really has to be posted here BUT its Metallica related.....

Awhile back, Slash was on Howard Stern's show. He mentioned a time when he walked into a hotel room and found James Hetfield throat f'n some chick and what made it funny was, if you listen to Metallica, you know the sound makes when James goes "ooh, yeah" etc etc...well thats what he was saying, in the same tone, while ramming his rod in the chicks mouth.[/quote]

:rofl:

never a big GnR fan but good story.

[quote name='Xevious']I don't know whats worse, St. Anger or the new Judas Priest album Nostradumas....

After thinking about it for awhile...I would say "St. Anger"

I'm still hoping that they still come up with a great album though...[/quote]

Wow that blows. I was really looking forward to the new Priest. I thought their last one sucked.

Seeing as how soloing is now popular again in mainstream bands I'm not surprised they're putting them back on. I kind of want to hear what Trujilo (sp? fuck) sounds like. I can hope for a RTL but that won't ever happen.

I liked St. Anger. It took a few listens to get into it. I don't mind if the new album sounds like their old stuff though.

[quote name='MRJESUS925']I have to admit, Lars was a real asshole when he launched the crusade against napster.[/QUOTE]

Hey, at least he shut down music piracy on the web...

St. Anger was terrible. I still have nightmares where I hear its poor drumming. Metallica can only go up from it. I think. Hopefully.

[quote name='Warlock TCK']It's been confirmed that song isn't going to be on the album.

Regardless, I'll be writing a review of it for my college paper. I have to listen to it lol.[/quote]
Good, because that song sucks. That's just not Metallica's style. And I didn't think that St. Anger was THAT bad. Although, definitely their worst album. Let's hope this new one is better.

[quote name='johnnypark']This new song has enough oozin ahh's and wailin' woahs to make you think so. It really does sound like the Offspring, or maybe even a really hard Bad Religion.

It's better than anything they've done in a long, long time, so I might slightly care.[/quote]

Bad Religion actually incorporates plenty of (quick) solos, which you don't see so much with the Offspring. This definitely does feel like a harder Bad Religion song.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Did you see Kind of Monster? They are dead...[/quote]

So let it be written, so let it be done.

[quote name='MRJESUS925']I have to admit, Lars was a real asshole when he launched the crusade against napster.[/QUOTE]

I gotta say...can you blame the guy?

Did he blow it out of proportion? Most likely yeah...but the man had a point.

He could have pointed the finger at others within the recording industry, he just went after the easiest target.

The problem I had is that when they were up and comming, they were giving their music away so why bitch now?

[quote name='Will']
The problem I had is that when they were up and coming, they were giving their music away so why bitch now?[/quote]

Because they figured out they make a lot more money selling records, rather than give them away. But i will admit that if i were in the same position, i would have done the same thing, if not taken it further.

bread's done
Back