New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

[quote name='Maklershed']Bad news everyone FHM just folded. And I finally got a free subscription :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Damn-it, why? This sucks. It doesn't make sense though that they just send me a link for 1 year today.

Soooo.... how do I sign up for EGM, OPM, GamePRO, etc?

I searched the whole thread and only saw people talking about their subs... which isn't all that helpful.

Also, Maxim/Stuff/FHM = Dead? :(

OPM is dead.

As for EGM, free issues are pretty common. You'll just have to pay attention to this thread.

Why would you want to read GamePro!?

I got my last issue of OPM and it says you can either get it converted to EGM (2 EGM per issue of OPM) or get money back on the remaining issues of OPM. Since I didn't pay for most of the issues of OPM, you think they would give me money back anyway? I had around 50 issues remaining so that would be a hefty sum of money if I could get a check for the issues.

[quote name='ananag112']I got my last issue of OPM and it says you can either get it converted to EGM (2 EGM per issue of OPM) or get money back on the remaining issues of OPM. Since I didn't pay for most of the issues of OPM, you think they would give me money back anyway? I had around 50 issues remaining so that would be a hefty sum of money if I could get a check for the issues.[/QUOTE]
lol.. if that works, let me know. I'm broke and I could use free money from free magazines.

[quote name='chaarlieee']lol.. if that works, let me know. I'm broke and I could use free money from free magazines.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them because if it doesn't work, I save money on postage :). I will let you know what they say. Also, I wonder if I could get rid of all my magazines and get the money back instead. I don't have time to read EGM these days and get the stuff I care about online anyway, so I give them to my local library. They appreciate it, but I would rather have the cash.

Anyone notice how the Game Informer this month was worthless for reviews? Everything was a GREAT game this month. (In other words, buy buy buy...)

Matthew

[quote name='simpsonps121']Anyone notice how the Game Informer this month was worthless for reviews? Everything was a GREAT game this month. (In other words, buy buy buy...)

Matthew[/QUOTE]

IMO Game Informer isn't the best resource for reviews.

[quote name='ironmouse']IMO Game Informer isn't the best resource for reviews.[/quote]

I dunno, game informer seems to be one of the more biased mags around.

Awesome, I feel like a tool for not reading through the whole thread now. :bomb:

Thanks for the help, hombres.

I didn't see Game Informer anywhere, even though it was touched on a bit.. was that just general mag discussion?

much thx ;D

[quote name='AZPunisher']Awesome, I feel like a tool for not reading through the whole thread now. :bomb:

I didn't see Game Informer anywhere, even though it was touched on a bit.. was that just general mag discussion?

much thx ;D[/quote]

Just discussion

Here's a heads up for the OPM subscribers. I was reading the last issue of OPM and apparently they moved your subscription to EGM automatically; you will recieve 2 issues of EGM for every issue of OPM you had left remaining in your subscription. You have to mail in a request if you want a refund. The page that says all this is right after the DVD demo.

"Please note, our records indicate your subscription to Offical Playstation Magazine came from Ziff Davis free of charge. There would be no refund if you wish to have the orders cancelled."

I guess that means they keep track of this stuff

[quote name='ananag112']"Please note, our records indicate your subscription to Offical Playstation Magazine came from Ziff Davis free of charge. There would be no refund if you wish to have the orders cancelled."

I guess that means they keep track of this stuff[/quote]

Major Bummer...

[quote name='ananag112']"Please note, our records indicate your subscription to Offical Playstation Magazine came from Ziff Davis free of charge. There would be no refund if you wish to have the orders cancelled."

I guess that means they keep track of this stuff[/QUOTE]

always nice to know that THE MAN is keeping track of our free mags. i am surprised they haven't taken measures to stop this... their loss, not our right?

[quote name='Maklershed']Bad news everyone FHM just folded. And I finally got a free subscription :bomb:[/quote]

Motherfuckers. I'm a paid suscriber, though it was like $5 for the year but I wonder what it would transfer to or if they would give money back. Any Idea when the last issue will be :wall: On another note, I need to keep a keen eye on this thread, been out of Maxim for a while and missed the best looking issues: Girls of "One Tree Hill" and this current months: Lacey Chabert :drool:

I guess that means they keep track of this stuff[/quote]

Haha, I already sent a letter requesting a refund.

Maybe by some miracle I'll get it. :D

[quote name='moleman']always nice to know that THE MAN is keeping track of our free mags. i am surprised they haven't taken measures to stop this... their loss, not our right?[/QUOTE]

It is actually their gain. They make tons more money from advertising then they do from the subscription fees. So if they get the magazine in more hands, they make more money. This is why they allow users to share digital copies. This is also why we get so many free magazine subscriptions :).

I think I have around 700 issues of EGM left. I used my left over air line miles to extend my magazine subscription to EGM instead of letting it go to waste and I signed up to tons of these free deals. Will video games even exist that far in the future? Will paper exist?

[quote name='moleman']always nice to know that THE MAN is keeping track of our free mags. i am surprised they haven't taken measures to stop this... their loss, not our right?[/quote]

No their loss =P Their subscribers, aka us, are also their products. They sell us to advertisers and make money that way. That's how all media works - be it television, print, website, radio...

The exciting and romantic world of cruise ship vacations. Cruise Travel features include ship of the month, port of the month, plus other coverage helps readers with planning, dress codes, shore excursions and shopping.

To get your complimentary one-year subscription to Cruise Travel
www.freebizmag.com/emailcrutravel01welcome.htm

[quote name='unicron129']Hmm I got a tips and tricks mag today but it wasn't the monthly one. It is a CODEBOOK. Was this included in the subscription?[/quote]

Yeah, it's included with every one year substription, I guess it even works on the free ones.

btw, I got my first issue of Tips and Tricks today so thanks everyone

[quote name='XBmaster']Yeah, it's included with every one year substription, I guess it even works on the free ones.

btw, I got my first issue of Tips and Tricks today so thanks everyone[/quote]yep,me too:applause: thanks

[quote name='XBmaster']Yeah, it's included with every one year substription, I guess it even works on the free ones.

btw, I got my first issue of Tips and Tricks today so thanks everyone[/quote]

Same here. Was excited to see it show up.

[quote name='AZPunisher']Awesome, I feel like a tool for not reading through the whole thread now. :bomb:

much thx ;D[/QUOTE]
No problem. A wiki guide is in the works.
As for Game Informer, the only free way to get a subscription (to my knowledge) is with the EB/GS Edge card membership thingy.

Oh man, I hope my free sub to Maxim kicks in this month ....

7382.jpg

[quote name='Maklershed']Oh man, I hope my free sub to Maxim kicks in this month ....

7382.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You should have already gotten this one by now. I got mine a week or 2 ago. Don't give up hope yet, Makley. If its a new sub, sometimes, they'll throw an extra issue or 2 at you at once, since they're trying to get rid of the most previous back issue, and that way they can cut your subscription a month or 2 short.
Damn, she did get hot though, didn't she? It must be the Toaster Strudels ;)
I always thought she was the prettiest Mean Girl.

[quote name='Maklershed']Oh man, I hope my free sub to Maxim kicks in this month ....

7382.jpg
[/quote]

Gottdam, she's turned into quite the hottie! Almost gives my fave Party 'O 5er, Jlove, a run for her money... :)

anyone want to fill me in on the required fields for the tips and tricks sub? i forgot what was required since the last time i filled out for it. thanks a bunch guys and gals.

The Lacey Chabert spread in Maxim was nice. :D
And it kinda sucks to see FHM go, I thought they were a little better than Maxim. My FHM sub was scheduled to end in September 2007, but I've had a free sub since the fall of 2004, so I got to enjoy it.

Oh well. Here's to the magazine that introduced Vida Guerra to the world.

[quote name='Maklershed']Do you know how to get that to work? There seems to be a code required or something.[/QUOTE]
You have to create an account with them. They offer free mag deals on occasion, usually just one issue though. You shouldn't need a code, just a user name and password.
This is what it looked like for me, and it worked:

BTW, this is sortuva chick magazine, but we all want firmer abs ;)

bread's done
Back