New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

Even if(when) Ziff Davis sells out, MS will not let the GfW magazine die. MS just started it to coincide with their new branding of games, and there is no way they will let the magazine just die all of a sudden.

[quote name='dabamus']Even if(when) Ziff Davis sells out, MS will not let the GfW magazine die. MS just started it to coincide with their new branding of games, and there is no way they will let the magazine just die all of a sudden.[/QUOTE]

That's my thoughts exactly.

[quote name='ravinrican']hey 6669 any chance of any new subs to Latina magazine. The wife loves it and it's running out next month[/quote]

its not exactly free but latina is at the $15 dollar reward level of e-rewards, one of those do surveys/things and get money for rewards sites. e-rewards.com is the site, ive barely done anything there and have $19 in my account.

[quote name='ritchardf']its not exactly free but latina is at the $15 dollar reward level of e-rewards, one of those do surveys/things and get money for rewards sites. e-rewards.com is the site, ive barely done anything there and have $19 in my account.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice but they are not offering invitations anymore, but thanks for the idea though.

I finally got my first issue of GfW today. Bittersweet, though, considering the news about Ziff Davis. Here's hoping GfW and EGM survive, along with our free subs.

www.freebizmag.com/emailantiques04welcome.htm

Every month, The Magazine Antiques will bring you the fascinating worlds of architecture, interior design, and fine and decorative arts from the dawn of civilization to the modern era. Articles on private collections and museum houses around the world highlight the latest trends in collecting and decorating with antiques. Regular monthly columns include news on current exhibitions and art world events, notes on collecting and book reviews.

www.freebizmag.com/emailsportdivdig01welcome.htm

Sport Diver gives you in-depth information on destinations both near and far -- when to go, where to stay, how to pack, and most importantly, the best spots to dive! Whether you are newly certified or more advanced, you discover tips and techniques to help improve your diving knowledge and skills. And, you can download your first issue as soon as you complete your request!

ReadyMade

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/121/12115

ReadyMade is the only do-it-yourself (DIY) magazine for young people on the newsstand today. Our readers are smart, upwardly-mobile, urban-minded, and environmentally-conscious. In a sharp-witted and offbeat tone, ReadyMade entertains and informs through DIY projects for fast-evolving lifestyles. ReadyMade is for people who like to make stuff, who see the flicker of invention in everyday objects -- the perfectly round yolk in the mundane egg.

[quote name='yukine']Thanks for the Games for Windows link.

Agitha is creepy. :([/QUOTE]
You're welcome.
And Agitha's stalker-guy is even worse ;)

[quote name='6669']You're welcome.
And Agitha's stalker-guy is even worse ;)[/QUOTE]

The clown in the cut off top is creepy, Agitha is cute with her little bug poems ^^

I was cleanin' my room and realized how many damn magazines I have, thanks to this thread (mostly 6669), and was wonderin' what I should do with them. I was thinkin' of making a magazine trading/selling thread like the one we have for game guides. Anyone think this is a good idea? I have so many that I don't want, but I don't want to just throw them away. I don't want to ebay them either. This way we can get missing issues and get rid of our unwanted.

If you guys think this is a good idea, what forum do you think it should go in?

Let me know guys!

Reintegration Today
http://www.reintegration.com/today/signup.asp

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']The clown in the cut off top is creepy, Agitha is cute with her little bug poems ^^

I was cleanin' my room and realized how many damn magazines I have, thanks to this thread (mostly 6669), and was wonderin' what I should do with them. I was thinkin' of making a magazine trading/selling thread like the one we have for game guides. Anyone think this is a good idea? I have so many that I don't want, but I don't want to just throw them away. I don't want to ebay them either. This way we can get missing issues and get rid of our unwanted.

If you guys think this is a good idea, what forum do you think it should go in?

Let me know guys![/QUOTE]
If you're trying to sell them, the CAG Trading forum would be the place. I usually give my old magazines to a hospital, for their waiting rooms. If you throw them out, just please recycle them.

I got a postcard yesterday from EGM, saying "They are unable to cancel my order since it was placed through a subscription agency." And that they have suspended delivery pending confirmation from GAMESHOUT.

The thing is, I never contacted them. What are they trying to pull here?

Pink
http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/121/12118

aM.Mag
http://ammagfreesubscription.ennectsurvey.com/Participate/ParticipateSurvey.aspx?SId=705&CId=0

[quote name='yukine']I got a postcard yesterday from EGM, saying "They are unable to cancel my order since it was placed through a subscription agency." And that they have suspended delivery pending confirmation from GAMESHOUT.

The thing is, I never contacted them. What are they trying to pull here?[/QUOTE]
IDK. Maybe one of the free subs you (and us) signed up for is dead now, and their just telling you. I have no idea about the "cancel" thing though.

Yeah, I don't know. I checked their website, and they have "HOLD AND STOP" next to my subscription, I have 100 issues left you bastards!

I e-mailed them, so we'll see what happens.

Edit: They just e-mailed me back, they are crediting me with any issues that I might have missed and resuming the subscription. I don't know what they are trying to pull, but it's fixed now.

Got FHM in the mail today and on the cover it said it was the final issue, RIP 2000-2007........ that totally had me laughing. I've had a sub the entire time and never paid a cent for it.

[quote name='Cereal']Free 1 Year sub to Car & Driver

http://www.freebizmag.com/emailcardriver01welcome.htm

Car and Driver's editors will provide you with compelling articles on performance, sports, international road races, stock and championship car events, auto shows, personalities and product reviews – with unsurpassed technical expertise. You won’t miss a thing![/quote]

weird, the site says they aren't taking anymore subscriptions for Car and Driver.
Dead?

[quote name='coolsteel']Got FHM in the mail today and on the cover it said it was the final issue, RIP 2000-2007........ that totally had me laughing. I've had a sub the entire time and never paid a cent for it.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I got the same one. I guess those rumors were true :whistle2:(
I wonder if they'll reimburse us?

BTW, has anyone gotten their EGM yet? I got my GfW and PC Mag, but no EGM. They usually come in at the same time.

[quote name='6669']Yep, I got the same one. I guess those rumors were true :whistle2:(
I wonder if they'll reimburse us?

BTW, has anyone gotten their EGM yet? I got my GfW and PC Mag, but no EGM. They usually come in at the same time.[/QUOTE]

if u got the cover which has the Best 07 year ever, that means its the newest issue. got it like 2 weeks ago.

I don't think free magazine subscribers get reimbursed unless you really bother them about it. They'll probably transfer you over.

Then again, they may not, because my OPM and XBN were all Ziff Davis branches, and I got transferred over to *sigh* EGM. Now I'll get EGM until I die.

[quote name='trunks982']if u got the cover which has the Best 07 year ever, that means its the newest issue. got it like 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got that one almost a month ago. Usually, I get the Ziff Davis mags together. Oh well, maybe I jumped the gun.
[quote name='Moxio']I don't think free magazine subscribers get reimbursed unless you really bother them about it. They'll probably transfer you over.

Then again, they may not, because my OPM and XBN were all Ziff Davis branches, and I got transferred over to *sigh* EGM. Now I'll get EGM until I die.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thats what I was hoping, but what other magazine would they transfer us to? Maybe it says in the mag, but I haven't had time to read it yet.
In the last OPM, they said we'd get 2 issues of EGM, for every 1 issue of OPM we have left. They still haven't extended mine, as of the last issue I received.
[quote name='Baal']any popular science/ mechanics offers ever come up?[/QUOTE]
There haven't been any Pop Sci offers in well over a year. My sub just recently expired with them. There are still some active Seed links, which is a very interesting (nerdy) magazine, if you love science.

Garden Design
http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/121/12101

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Garden Design magazine inspires you to create stylish outdoor living spaces and unique gardens through creative new plants, innovative plans, and the best tools and techniques. Each issue contains magnificent photographs and fascinating articles that capture the imaginations of gardeners everywhere.[/FONT]

[quote name='Baal']Im getting greyed out checkboxes, what jobs did you use for seed?[/QUOTE]
If its grayed out, and unselectable, then the deal is dead. If its selected, then just click "Next". You can try a different job (student seems to work a lot), but there's no correct one. I'll go change it now. Try checking back on this thread for more offers. :whistle2:(

[quote name='neocisco']ReadyMade

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/121/12115

ReadyMade is the only do-it-yourself (DIY) magazine for young people on the newsstand today. Our readers are smart, upwardly-mobile, urban-minded, and environmentally-conscious. In a sharp-witted and offbeat tone, ReadyMade entertains and informs through DIY projects for fast-evolving lifestyles. ReadyMade is for people who like to make stuff, who see the flicker of invention in everyday objects -- the perfectly round yolk in the mundane egg.[/quote]

I just tried this link and I think the deal ended. Is there a new link for this deal? Thanks for all the freebies!!!

bread's done
Back