New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

[quote name='d_south_cr']I no longer will be doing these free Magazines deals. I think someone just tried to scam me over the phone. I have been putting fake phone numbers and everything.

What they said was Maxim (They said a company name) They said people have been getting junk mail and phone calls and told me I should just ignore them and say "put me on the do not call list" then he said I need to up date your account and I need your Visa, Master card or w/e I said I don't have credit cards. Then he said I need your Bank number you order the mags with. I said I didn't order the mags I took a survey online and got them. He said well alright thank you click.
[/quote]
My mom gets those calls and she doesnt order online. Its a scam call. THey do those to everyone.

[quote name='UltimoRey']My mom gets those calls and she doesnt order online. Its a scam call. THey do those to everyone.[/quote]

How would they know what Mag I order tho? How did they know my address, age, and name?

I just don't understand how they can get my phone number when I never! use my real phone number online. Im not registered to my house and the phone is in my moms name.

[quote name='d_south_cr']How would they know what Mag I order tho? How did they know my address, age, and name?

I just don't understand how they can get my phone number when I never! use my real phone number online. Im not registered to my house and the phone is in my moms name.[/QUOTE]

Yea whenever I would try to sign up for the Maxim subscription I would get a call from someone. I just told them no one here ever ordered the magazine. I never had any problems with any of the other magazines.

Finally started receiving my subs. Got Maxim and EGM so far. Haven't looked at an EGM in a long time...boy was that disappointing...

EGM is starting to look more and more anorexic each month. It's kind of sad to see it go from like an average of 25o pages to less then 100 and half of those are ads!

Oh well, for free it's great!

[quote name='happyorangeman']EGM is starting to look more and more anorexic each month. It's kind of sad to see it go from like an average of 25o pages to less then 100 and half of those are ads!

Oh well, for free it's great![/quote]

That's exactly why I've got about 3 years stacked up for free. It's a far cry from the mammoth issues I remember getting as a kid.

^^^I haven't seen a nintendo power for free except when you bought a console. PSM is the only mag (other than KING) I pay for. You can usually get it cheap when amazon has their $5/$10 off subscriptions. I used to pay $10 a year, but I got the last 2 years for $5 each because of amazon.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^I haven't seen a nintendo power for free except when you bought a console. PSM is the only mag (other than KING) I pay for. You can usually get it cheap when amazon has their $5/$10 off subscriptions. I used to pay $10 a year, but I got the last 2 years for $5 each because of amazon.[/quote] That sucks. NP is good, just doesn't seem worth paying 20 bucks for.

[quote name='d_south_cr']How would they know what Mag I order tho? How did they know my address, age, and name?

I just don't understand how they can get my phone number when I never! use my real phone number online. Im not registered to my house and the phone is in my moms name.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps someone is going through your trash.

The EGM links provided require job listing or ticket purchase.
Can anyone tell us what the correct job combination would be ?

[quote name='KINGOFOOTBALL33']Perhaps someone is going through your trash.

The EGM links provided require job listing or ticket purchase.
Can anyone tell us what the correct job combination would be ?[/quote]

I've always used Information Technology jobs.

Then again, I am actually in IT, and it has always worked fine.

[quote name='Rig']I've always used Information Technology jobs.

Then again, I am actually in IT, and it has always worked fine.[/QUOTE]

Yea, just say youre IT management and you will always get it.

anyone find anymore for super street, import tuner, or modified mag (or anything car related, i have automobile and car n driver) ?
also anything skateboarding like thrasher?

Thanks for EGM. I got a free sub a year ago and i needed to pretty much renew. once again thanks!

EDIT- anyone know of getting any guitar world or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks zegolf for the blender link. anyone know if I sign up for EGM if they will treat it as a renewal? I don't need to waste paper and get two copies.

Yo I got a call last year for the PC one. They said I needed to update my account or I would lose it. They asked for all this information. I didnt give them a single thing. They called back 5 times and once my sister picked up the phone.

^_^ I just keeped being stupid and they didnt call back. Not only that but I did still get PC Mags for like 5 months afterword.

Just be carefull and always refuse to give out any information.

I think some of them call to try to get you to renew your sub. Just say I am not interested in renewing and ask them to remove you form their call list.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^It should work as a renewal. If you start getting 2 then call them and have them combine your subscriptions.[/quote]

sounds good thanks.

So uh, I've been getting Maxim now for two months, and I requested for it OVER a year ago. Not arguing though! I also just got Blender in the other day, and I am good on PC Magazine until 2012.

Also the latest EGM link is expired.

[quote name='moleman']So uh, I've been getting Maxim now for two months, and I requested for it OVER a year ago. Not arguing though! I also just got Blender in the other day, and I am good on PC Magazine until 2012.

Also the latest EGM link is expired.[/quote]

I got both on page 78 to work fine.

[quote name='zegolf']I got both on page 78 to work fine.[/quote]

The later one didn't work for me either (apparently depleted...). What job combo did you use :)

The EGM subs are a joke. I mean, they're free but they send you 6 issues and you end up getting them all in like 3 months because they fulfill the sub with 3 back issues.

I got my first issue in August, the next month I got 3 issues starting in June. I just got the latest one yesterday which is my final one and it was attached with a bill for renewal if I chose to.

[quote name='Liquidx01']The EGM subs are a joke. I mean, they're free but they send you 6 issues and you end up getting them all in like 3 months because they fulfill the sub with 3 back issues.

I got my first issue in August, the next month I got 3 issues starting in June. I just got the latest one yesterday which is my final one and it was attached with a bill for renewal if I chose to.[/QUOTE]

They must just not like you. Every EGM deal I have ever signed up for I either didnt get any, or got the full years worth one a month. And the fact that myself and most people on here have free EGM 'til 2011 and beyond is proof of that. I have had free EGM for the last 4 almost 5 years now.

Next time try selecting the IT Management jobs when asked, maybe thats the problem?

September 2018:whee::whee:

By then I'll switch my sub over to the download that will be jacked directly into my brainstem. The future is coming, people!

[quote name='musha666']They must just not like you. Every EGM deal I have ever signed up for I either didnt get any, or got the full years worth one a month. And the fact that myself and most people on here have free EGM 'til 2011 and beyond is proof of that. I have had free EGM for the last 4 almost 5 years now.

Next time try selecting the IT Management jobs when asked, maybe thats the problem?[/QUOTE]

I guess the feeling is mutual since I stopped liking EGM when their issues became thinner and more so after they began using 1UP's review crew... but a free mag is still a free mag. :)

I've gotten 2 subs and neither have lasted more than 6 months. I don't know which sites I got them from, but I don't recall being asked what my profession was.

[quote name='Liquidx01']I guess the feeling is mutual since I stopped liking EGM when their issues became thinner and more so after they began using 1UP's review crew... but a free mag is still a free mag. :)

I've gotten 2 subs and neither have lasted more than 6 months. I don't know which sites I got them from, but I don't recall being asked what my profession was.[/QUOTE]

Haha, true to that. A whole year is as thick as one issue used to be. I lost a lot of respect when they blasted Assassins Creed because they werent given it to review early enough. And the only reason they give is because the game is repetitive (as are most games). But yea, free is free and it gives me something to read on the toilet.

[quote name='neocisco']September 2018:whee::whee:

By then I'll switch my sub over to the download that will be jacked directly into my brainstem. The future is coming, people![/quote]

And frustratingly enough, it will still arrive late.

[quote name='hotpocketninja']Where can I get free EGM?[/quote]

Someone may have mentioned something about this in the other 79 pages of this thread, but as of now, no links are live.

bread's done
Back