New! mousin's Free Magazine thread!

Here's hoping that there will be free EGM subs available on-line when the mag returns in a few months.

I wish I could convert some of my years of Maxim back to EGM...

[quote name='cRodz']i am lookin for business magazines..

seems that the op freebies are dead. ;([/QUOTE]

Just got eWeek from Freebizmag

[quote name='spedmunki']Just got eWeek from Freebizmag[/QUOTE]
Awesome

i may be gettin eWeek but i am also lookin for Expo or any marketing type.
can i *gasp!* stack my subscriptions? :whistle2:#

[quote name='tangytangerine']G4 ran a story a couple weeks ago regarding EGM. Apparently he signed a deal with Time Warner to publish EGM(I guess it was EGM's original publisher). The first issue won't hit store shelves until March 2010.[/QUOTE]
thanks for the info, I guess it is supposed to be next month then.

[quote name='winkinator']How do you get to choose Maxim, it won't let me check it all I can check is eweek.[/QUOTE]

I think, with those sites, it depends on what you select for your job... But, I can't be sure, and if that is how it is, then it's kind of one of those things that you'd have to try a bunch of different combos to figure it out...

[quote name='Vulgarism']I think, with those sites, it depends on what you select for your job... But, I can't be sure, and if that is how it is, then it's kind of one of those things that you'd have to try a bunch of different combos to figure it out...[/QUOTE]

Always have to choose IT and IT Management and it always works out.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Man, just from this thread, my Maxim sub started in early 2007 and ends in March of 2011...[/QUOTE]

That's it? My Maxim sub is good through 3/2023!

[quote name='musha666']Always have to choose IT and IT Management and it always works out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've never had problems listing IT > IT Staff (which I'm actually a part of).

[quote name='Rig']Yeah, I've never had problems listing IT > IT Staff (which I'm actually a part of).[/QUOTE]

I tried putting in IT Staff and Maxim comes up on the next page, but I can't select the box. Anyone have any other ideas? Also, are there any other mags in this offer worth getting?

I just got a notice that my Motor Trend and Automobile magazines were automatically renewed another year for free! The FreeBizMags email said that Fandango purchased another year for me! Yay!

[quote name='floormat']wow I can't believe there have been no post in this thread for more than 2 months!

Also I haven't seen EGM anywhere on the store shelf. Has anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I know this isnt free, but since people were wondering about EGM you can now subscribe. If you go to www.egmnow.com you can get details on how. It is either 6 print issues (monthly) and 26 digital issues (weekly) for $15 or 12 print and 52 digital for $25. So either half year or a full year.

[quote name='slowdive21']Maxim mag will probably be dead soon...It is much thinner and it is always on sale at amazon and other mag sites. :([/QUOTE]

Print as a medium has been on the way out for a long time. They don't make money like they used to because circulation is down, so they counter this by making smaller magazines, putting in more ads, and by giving away free magazines (so as to pad their circulation numbers while selling ads).

I could rant and rave about this for a while.

How long should it take to start getting these Maxim mags in the mail? Its been about 4 or 5 weeks for me since I signed up through one of the free subscriptions.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']How long should it take to start getting these Maxim mags in the mail? Its been about 4 or 5 weeks for me since I signed up through one of the free subscriptions.[/QUOTE]

Go to the Maxim website and see when their confirmation date was. Mine was Feb 8th and I just got my first issue this week.

[quote name='Slodaddy']I tried putting in IT Staff and Maxim comes up on the next page, but I can't select the box. Anyone have any other ideas? Also, are there any other mags in this offer worth getting?[/QUOTE]

same here :roll:

[quote name='spedmunki']Go to the Maxim website and see when their confirmation date was. Mine was Feb 8th and I just got my first issue this week.[/QUOTE]

................says they never got my information. wth.............

I signed up a month ago.

well signed up again. Hope I get both subs..or at least 1.

[quote name='CaoPi']same here :roll:[/QUOTE]

It means the subscriptions that they had to give out free have run out. Don't worry, it's Maxim. There will be more free issues to give out. I have my sub until 2015 and never bought a single year. My guess is that the magazine goes away before my sub does.

Maxim is pretty awful anyway.

I think my mailman is stealing my Maxims. I never got the January issue, and my Feb and March issues both came on March 1st. I guess he got tired of Amanda Bynes, but couldn't give up Olivia Munn. Bastard.

[quote name='PR Mega X'] I guess he got tired of Amanda Bynes, but couldn't give up Olivia Munn. Bastard.[/QUOTE]

I got both on March 1st and I've seen a couple people saying the same thing.

Not sure if I stacked too many times or what, but some magazine company called me today and said that I had 60 months left on my account and tried to get some info about my business. Needless to say I berated the hapless caller for interrupting my work.

My cousin/roommate got both the Feb and Mar issues of Maxim on the same day last week, just like me. The strangest part there is, he never signed up for this deal.

[quote name='PR Mega X']My cousin/roommate got both the Feb and Mar issues of Maxim on the same day last week, just like me. The strangest part there is, he never signed up for this deal.[/QUOTE]

I also got those same two issues on the same day.

[quote name='spedmunki']So I'm wondering if Maxim is just going to drop 2 issues on your doorstep every other month?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but my issue came this week with no plastic wrap. Postman probably got a good look at it prior to placing it in the mailbox.

[quote name='shieryda']Not sure, but my issue came this week with no plastic wrap. Postman probably got a good look at it prior to placing it in the mailbox.[/QUOTE]

Your Maxims come in plastic? Did you request that? I"m just wondering because I would rather have mine in plastic. They are always ripped when I get them.

[quote name='slowdive21']Your Maxims come in plastic? Did you request that? I"m just wondering because I would rather have mine in plastic. They are always ripped when I get them.[/QUOTE]

I thought at least 1 of the first 2 issues I got did, which is why I thought it was weird that this recent one did not.

I got a renewal notice for Game Informer with a 16% off coupon, effectively making another year $5. Are there any better deals for this magazine?

bread's done
Back