New ngage version at eb $199...looks ok!!

videogamejunkie

CAGiversary!
Nokia N-Gage QD

243051.jpg

if this has already been posted, sorry.

There is another thread floating around about the new N-Gage. Anyway, I've been waiting to say -

Q-Deezayyy

(Yes I'm partial to Power 99 FM in Philly if you were wondering)

You mean they are selling it already?

But it comes out in June in the US... and May in Europe...

I believe it just has a stronger backlight in addition to the easier game switching and button redesign. But the most of the internal hardware stays the same.

Actually, the guts of the machine have been gutted :whistle2:(

It no longer works with anything but GSM phone service {a European standard that is not widely used in the U.S.}

They also removed the MP3 player capability and the FM radio tuner.

The only thing different that's good on the inside is increased piracy protection for future releases {and probably the real reason for the redesign considering copies of tomb Raider were downloadable the day after release according to news reports}

[quote name='minx']Actually, the guts of the machine have been gutted :whistle2:(

It no longer works with anything but GSM phone service {a European standard that is not widely used in the U.S.}

They also removed the MP3 player capability and the FM radio tuner.

The only thing different that's good on the inside is increased piracy protection for future releases {and probably the real reason for the redesign considering copies of tomb Raider were downloadable the day after release according to news reports}[/quote]

:shock:

If I understand correctly, you get the same lousy hardware, minus the MP3 player, FM radio, and compatibility with all digital phone bands, and the only good thing is that you don't have to take the battery out to change games. OMFG; it's even crappier than the old one!

It looks about the same. But you have to respect Nokia for trying. They released a piece of crap the first time out, but they are at least trying to fix the problems with the QD.

Thats more than I can say about Nintendo. There have been obvious criticisms for years and they still haven't fixed any of them despite having an entire generation (from N64 to GC) of time.

If the NGage gets its killer app, Nintendo may finally realize that no system of theirs is safe and will finally wake up and start making some changes.

Wait, you're saying now it doesn't come with an MP3 player NOR an FM tuner? Plus, any details on this service that comes with the $99 package? And can I still get online without the service?

It actually looks to be getting some decent games, like, ummm, let me think... uh.... they have Call of Duty. And uh... Oh, and theres GBA ports too. And, uh...... yeah, thast about it. NGAGE FOREVER!

They did a review of it on Tech Live and it didn't look too bad. I still wouldn't get one, but it seems better this time around. Plus they already have 50 games planned for it.

wow so they actually down-graded it, and it still has a $199 msrp, i doubt too many people will buy this thing unless it goes to $99, and they fix the problem with the cell phone (u have to hold it like a taco and can barely hear anything). and ofcourse they need more games than like the 10 they have now. this system is neither a game system or a cell phone, because of the lack of games and a bad design flaw for cell phone use. they need to completely rethink this thing b4 they should release a new version.

you don't hold this one like a taco, but it still would talk like crap because all the buttons and screens would be pressed against your face since it is so large. And that vertical screen is the stupidest thing i have ever seen.

bread's done
Back