New Nintendo 3DS XL in Red or Black - $229.00 CAD

cashinstinct

CAGiversary!

Standard Red New Nintendo 3DS XL - $229.00 CAD from Amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00S1LRUVW/

Standard Black New Nintendo 3DS XL -$229.00 CAD from Amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00S1LRX3W/

Since they don't some with a wall charger , you could want to get a charger with your new 3DS XL:

Nintendo 3DS AC Adapter - $12.62 CAD
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00L59D9HG/

_____

Amazon.ca offer:

Get a free 3DS AC Adapter
Get a free 3DS AC Adapter when purchased with a New Nintendo 3DS XL console and either The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Code Name STEAM, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Omega Ruby, or Super Smash Bros.. The AC Adapter, one New 3DS XL, and one of the select games all must be in your cart at checkout for offer to apply. Offer valid when shipped from and sold by Amazon.ca. Amazon reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time. Promotion benefit will be applied at checkout. Limit one per customer. Learn more.

Last edited by a moderator:
You likely won't have to sit in store. You'll pay full price for the system, take it home, perform the transfer and take the receipt back with your 3DS you're trading in, where they will credit you back the value. I guess it could vary by store, so contact yours.

You likely won't have to sit in store. You'll pay full price for the system, take it home, perform the transfer and take the receipt back with your 3DS you're trading in, where they will credit you back the value. I guess it could vary by store, so contact yours.
Thanks, I called & that's how it's done.

You buy the new 3ds normally at full price, then bring your old 3ds after doing the transfer and they'll reimburse $80 + tax back to your bank (or credit card).

Probably not until the evening, I'm guessing. In any case, EB tweeted out that most stores across the country (except for those in BC) will be getting them tomorrow. First come, first serve. No pre-orders.

Just wanted to thank VetraX for posting the EB Games tweet about Majora's Mask n3DSXL.

I happened to be out shopping today, and was in the area of two EBs. First store said they were getting 4 systems in this week, but gave no indication when. First come, first serve. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of info, so I went to another store not 5 minutes away. Turns out, they had just received 3, not even in the system yet, and I was able to buy one. I was so surprised. Money will be tight now, but I think it's worth it; it almost seems like a little victory for myself over the dirty scalpers. Told my friend about them, but when he called they said the systems were on "employee hold". Not sure what the protocol is on this, but sounded fishy.

Thanks again to VetraX! 

For those who are looking in BC. I believe they're sold out. Since Yesterday (which is when they got the shipment). Was at brentwood this morning, and they called around and found out it came in yesterday and sold out in ten minutes... the whole lower mainland... Well I knew it was a ploy to get people to go into the stores... still brother wanted one so we tried. :p A reason really why I never shop at eb games anymore.

I actually wandered into a local EB yesterday and didn't even bother asking about this. Now that I've had a chance to cool off about this thing, I don't really care about it (aside from its value). Frankly it's kinda ugly for a Zelda LE, I would never even use it. Plus there's no point in getting a n3DS in the next year. My local RCSS failed to sellout of n3DS's on no-tax day last weekend. That is the first time the systems been on sale since launch AFAIK, it should've soldout by 7:05am. If the system was worth owning.

I actually wandered into a local EB yesterday and didn't even bother asking about this. Now that I've had a chance to cool off about this thing, I don't really care about it (aside from its value). Frankly it's kinda ugly for a Zelda LE, I would never even use it. Plus there's no point in getting a n3DS in the next year. My local RCSS failed to sellout of n3DS's on no-tax day last weekend. That is the first time the systems been on sale since launch AFAIK, it should've soldout by 7:05am. If the system was worth owning.
Exactly... i didn't want it, but my brother did so I decide to drive him and see... Honestly, you can play the games without the analog stick and the only exclusive right now that I know of is xenoblade chronicles which I rather play on my wii anyway. :p Now if there's a fire emblem system coming out... I might be more excited.

Heads up:

https://twitter.com/FS_Gamer/status/580822792557490176

2PM PDT/5PM EDT today, so just under an hour from now, the MM N3DS XL will be available at Future Shop. I wouldn't be surprised if it were available at Best Buy too.

MM N3DS XL Future Shop link

MM N3DS XL Best Buy link (just in case)
Thanks... bro's asleep, but he seemed pretty down about not getting it at eb games so guess I'll try score one.

And it's Live. Got an order in, hopefully it'll go through!

I got one yesterday by calling the stores. When I got there, they had a few sitting behind the counter.

Is the best deal currently for a basic one via Indigo (w/ the $10 paypal bonus)?  

I want one before they increase the firmware version.

Is the best deal currently for a basic one via Indigo (w/ the $10 paypal bonus)?

I want one before they increase the firmware version.
if you care about majoras mask game....then i would say get it here, if you can get yourself a 30 off coupon:

http://www.shop.ca/c/nintendo-3ds-xl-new-black-console-w-majoras-mask-3ds-884095158644-24750218?plcktb=ZwNxW28DYA2&prodtb=5918902

shop.ca 274.98*1.13-30 = 280 (you get the 3ds xl + majoras)

indigo 230*1.13-10 = 250 (just the 3ds)

which means, you get the game for 30

Thanks for the info. Yeah I'm not big on Zelda games so I'll just take the $15 off Indigo.
if you care about majoras mask game....then i would say get it here, if you can get yourself a 30 off coupon:
http://www.shop.ca/c/nintendo-3ds-xl-new-black-console-w-majoras-mask-3ds-884095158644-24750218?plcktb=ZwNxW28DYA2&prodtb=5918902

shop.ca 274.98*1.13-30 = 280 (you get the 3ds xl + majoras)
indigo 230*1.13-10 = 250 (just the 3ds)

which means, you get the game for 30

I'm actually in Japan right now and noticed quite a few Zelda and MH4 n3ds in stock. With the Japanese yen being so low, the prices are cheaper than Canada. I just bought a pristine black but pre-owned regular n3ds for around $140Cdn after taxes and conversion. Add in a nice animal crossing faceplate for around $17Cdn after taxes and its a pretty good deal. Lots of used units in Akiba. What sucks is mine came with fw9.5 so no region free for me. Which is why I need a NA unit until they find another exploit. But good option for those unable to get a Zelda 3ds in NA so long as they know they might be stuck playing Japanese versions of games which are severely overpriced in Japan.
If anybody doesn't actually care about playing with the Zelda n3DS, Play-Asia has Japanese ones on sale for $216USD:
http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-ll-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-pack-paOS-13-49-en-70-8hxb.html

The n3DS is NOT region free. This would just play Japanese games. Although if the firmware is low enough, maybe that isn't an issue for you...

Damn... I kept up with this hoping it would be restocked for so long after the first shipment but eventually gave up because it took so long and there was never any official word on a restock.  Checked a tracking website I use (that only tracks Amazon.ca) yesterday and now I'm so cheesed that I missed it...  Was only aware of the amazon restocks for two restocks and they both sold out immediately.  Now it looks like they're all done. 

Don't include an AC Adapter? It's an occasion for Amazon.ca to make a bundle offer!

Get a free 3DS AC Adapter
Get a free 3DS AC Adapter when purchased with a New Nintendo 3DS XL console and either The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Code Name STEAM, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Omega Ruby, or Super Smash Bros.. The AC Adapter, one New 3DS XL, and one of the select games all must be in your cart at checkout for offer to apply. Offer valid when shipped from and sold by Amazon.ca. Amazon reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time. Promotion benefit will be applied at checkout. Limit one per customer. Learn more.

Well I finally ordered a MM Edition n3DS XL.  Just happened to refresh the amazon.ca page when it was in stock.  Feels good, should be here in a couple of days.  I want to use both this as well as my OG 3DS... is there any way to download my digital games on both systems?

Well I finally ordered a MM Edition n3DS XL. Just happened to refresh the amazon.ca page when it was in stock. Feels good, should be here in a couple of days. I want to use both this as well as my OG 3DS... is there any way to download my digital games on both systems?
You can just re-download them, yeah. I'm not sure about this, but it works for the original 3DS/XL, where you could just copy the entire SD card's files onto your PC, then paste them onto another SD card. I would try that, because it's faster. N3DS uses micro SD, btw.

bread's done
Back