New Nintendo DS color...Electric Blue

Rig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Okay, so I searched. http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=f0ccb5aa-f429-4253-ba0c-9707bdc583e8&page=other You knew they'd eventually bring out some other colors...

NintendoDS.jpg

[quote name='Trakan']Just saw a commercial saying it's now available in Electric Blue.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop had some signs of the electric blue up when I was there today. I hold off ditching my silver DS until I see black, frankly the blue looks a bit cheesy.

[quote name='dcfox']Gamestop had some signs of the electric blue up when I was there today. I hold off ditching my silver DS until I see black, frankly the blue looks a bit cheesy.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. The silver one is much better looking. I went to Japan and saw all of the colors there. The only one I liked as much as the silver was black... And even that doesn't look as good, imo.

This is slightly off topic. Does anyone think Nintendo will release DS in style/color similar to SuperNES? Kinda like how they released GBA/SP in NES style.

Why does Japan always get better colors? Anyway, I might as well wait for Nintendo to make a smaller DS (you know they will).

Anybody plan on getting one? I'm in the market for a DS now, and I can't decide whether to get this blue one or stick with the plain ol' platinum color. Ugh. Decisions.

[quote name='CheapyD']I appreciate the fact they named the new color after a Playboy Cable TV Show from the 80s.[/QUOTE]

*starts looking on torrent sites*

[quote name='Maverick CRV']Anybody plan on getting one? I'm in the market for a DS now, and I can't decide whether to get this blue one or stick with the plain ol' platinum color. Ugh. Decisions.[/QUOTE]

I have the platinum and plan on selling that for the blue edition.

Does anyone know what the outer shell of the Eletric Blue DS is made of?

Is it like the GBA SP outer shell where the "paint" can easily be chipped off?

I'm thinking about a DS with EB's free Mario 64 deal next week.

I wouldn't sell it yet.

Electric Blue is the first to be released in the states.

Here in Japan,... right now, you can purchase them in these colors:

White
Black
Pink
Blue
Green

They have different names, but I neither care, nor remember them.
The "ELECTRIC" blue is alright.
Next time I go out to the mall, I'll snap a photo.
I like the green.
The black one looks weird too.

I'd wait, if you already have one.

[quote name='drone8888']They have different names, but I neither care, nor remember them.[/QUOTE]

pure white
graphite black
candy pink
turquoise blue (i'm guessing this is the green one you mentioned)
pokepark limited edition (the blue one)

and in july, japan gets the pokemon mew limited edition, which is a very light pink-silver color.

also, electric blue appears to be a bit lighter than the pokepark blue, which has a very deep, more royal blue color.

EDIT: while i'm keeping track of all the colors, might as well mention... there's also the *very* limited edition electroplankton DS... and in august (tentatively), there's going to be a red DS in japan to coincide with the release of jump superstars... any others variations that i'm missing?

bread's done
Back