New Nintendo Switch Lite $139.99 at GameStop Store Closing

Reporter

CAGiversary!
GameStop is closing a bunch of stores, and when I went into one today I saw they were clearing out new Nintendo Switch Lite consoles for $139.99. That’s a really good deal at $60 off. This is my first post, so forgive me if I’m not posting this right or in the right spot. They had a few in stock and I snagged a yellow one. I checked to make sure it was new, and it was unopened and had a sticker saying new on the side. With tax it was about $151. This is YMMV, since it depends on what’s left in stock when the store is going out of business. Good luck if you try to find one!

Where I went tonight it was:

50% off all used consoles and new games

60% off all used games

70% off all accessories, collectables, t-shirts etc.

Managed to pick up a Switch lite for $140 and copies of Splatoon and Pokken Tournament for $5 each. The store was dead and woman working there was very nice. We talked f for half an hour and she ended up letting me have 3 huge banners of Fortnite, Spider-Man, and Sword and Shield. Also picked up a few plastic display banners for the PS4 and Xbone. 

They were also selling all the shelves, hangars, and glass display cases for extremely cheap. She told me that most of them actually sold yesterday. There was also a Switch kiosk that was sold for $30, about an hour before I got there. 

Will post pics later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I came back from one near me.

I got a turquoise switch lite and about 30 or so games in the 5 for $5 deal.

Great sale. Might go to a couple more out of the way to see what I can find.

If I could go back in time and had millions of $$ back then, I would have stopped them from buying up EB Games.  I loved those stores, I found so much stuff that no other store sold, and they actually had super deals especially at the end of each quarter.  And especially after Xmas.  Gamestop has been a bad monopoly for the entire gaming market in the USA.  And unfortunately too many people still feed the beast and trade in their used stuff for pennies on the dollar for them to turn around, throw away essential stuff and sell the discs for like near brand new prices for games.  

I knew this would be the start of the end when most of the big players, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo all said the same thing - digital content is where they wanted developers to go.  Kinda hard to resell digital codes eh Gamestop?  

Anyway the Herndon store the manager is still a prick so I am not even sure I will go and venture out and see what deals that store has.  If anyone has, report back please!

I was not planning on getting a switch lite, but when I saw that it was $140 last week, I bit. This thing is great! The image is sharper and I can hold it longer without my hands cramping up (without a grip accessory.) It is also really nice to have a more portable portable than my OG switch.

Are any of the closing stores selling joy cons for cheaper? I wanna pick up another set for my kids to use for just dance and Mario party

I was not planning on getting a switch lite, but when I saw that it was $140 last week, I bit. This thing is great! The image is sharper and I can hold it longer without my hands cramping up (without a grip accessory.) It is also really nice to have a more portable portable than my OG switch.
I'm interested in hearing your perspective as an OG Switch owner. I wanted to pick one up, but they only had Switch Lite, so I settled for that. For a first-time owner, do you think it would have been worth the $70 difference? (Switch would have been $210 at closing stores.) I'm worried about the stick drift problem on the Lite since I obviously can't replace them easily like you can with detachable Joy-cons. The sticks feel so flimsy that I feel like it's only a matter of time before they start causing issues for me.

I also really wanted to try out RingFit, but that would be another $80 on top of the already $70 difference. I'm actually a fan of kinetic gaming, but it doesn't look like the motion games have improved that much since Wii or Kinect.

I'm interested in hearing your perspective as an OG Switch owner. I wanted to pick one up, but they only had Switch Lite, so I settled for that. For a first-time owner, do you think it would have been worth the $70 difference? (Switch would have been $210 at closing stores.) I'm worried about the stick drift problem on the Lite since I obviously can't replace them easily like you can with detachable Joy-cons. The sticks feel so flimsy that I feel like it's only a matter of time before they start causing issues for me.

I also really wanted to try out RingFit, but that would be another $80 on top of the already $70 difference. I'm actually a fan of kinetic gaming, but it doesn't look like the motion games have improved that much since Wii or Kinect.
I see this as complementary device to my big Switch. I plan on buying the rumored (but very likely) switch "pro that will be coming out mid-year. Some people ONLY play handheld, and if that is you - go for it.

Nintendo has fantastic customer service. So, I wouldn't worry about analog sticks too much since they will make free repairs within 1 year of purchase. I've only had one joy-con start drifting on me in my time as a switch owner (3 years?) The only concern with warranty repairs is that they might give you a replacement switch, which means you will lose your save data on some games like Pokémon, Minecreaft, or Splatoon 2, etc even if you ahve cloud backups.

At $140, odds are high that you will be able to take advantage of a GameStop trade-in promo to get your money back as well.

I personally got the 2-year replacement plan for $30 through GameStop, so if it "accidentally" dies just before 2 years is up - I can get a new one.

Yesterday I picked up Pokemon Y for $1.69 and one of their TV's for $35.

I'm gonna pick up Risk of Rain 2 today and I'm gonna go to another store to see what they have.

You guys are getting way different deals than me (NC). Preowned was 60%, New was 50%, and t-shirts/collectible was 70%. The store was pretty much 80% t-shirts and backpacks at this point. Almost all of the games were cleaned out. 

I’d just like to be able to reach the store that is close to me to see if they have any switches left in stock before I make a trip. The website says yes, but it could be wrong.

You guys are getting way different deals than me (NC). Preowned was 60%, New was 50%, and t-shirts/collectible was 70%. The store was pretty much 80% t-shirts and backpacks at this point. Almost all of the games were cleaned out.
Same. [emoji22]

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

The closing Gamestop in Quakertown, PA not only didn't have a Switch Lite, they had no Switch games left at all in any format and were picked clean of almost everything else. Not worth the drive over unless you want shelves, I guess.

That's the deal in most closing stores. The 5 for $5 for $20 and under games is the exception. Did your store accept trade credit/gift cards? Mine didn't.

That's the deal in most closing stores. The 5 for $5 for $20 and under games is the exception. Did your store accept trade credit/gift cards? Mine didn't.
I actually asked the employee if they still take trade credit. The employee was very confused about what I was talking about, he kept reiterating they don't accept trades anymore (obviously lol).

I explained that the trade credit is like a gift card and he said that they are still taking gift cards... so I would assume my store was taking them, but I didn't actually buy anything. I didn't need Overwatch cereal.

Edit: Also, my store still had an Xbox One X for $350 and an Xbox SAD for $175. Both around BF prices. No switches, though there were probably less than a half dozen switch and 3DS games left.

Catonsville MD store pretty much cleaned out except sports games and collectibles. They did have an X1X for $350 and all digital for $175.

picked up another 40 odd games last night for a buck a pop.

again, I live for these types of deals - cannot beat 1 dollar a game.

Reminds me of that ps2 sale from years back - when they were selling ten 99cent games for a dollar 

I wonder how low the xbox's will get? currently at 30% off its just essentially matching the winter sales prices.

Im not sure if they will get past 50% off.

picked up another 40 odd games last night for a buck a pop.

again, I live for these types of deals - cannot beat 1 dollar a game.

Reminds me of that ps2 sale from years back - when they were selling ten 99cent games for a dollar

I wonder how low the xbox's will get? currently at 30% off its just essentially matching the winter sales prices.

Im not sure if they will get past 50% off.
How many of those games weren’t just utter trash though?

Went to the two in the Kansas City area and one had mostly collectibles which I did pick up a couple of shirts.  The other one I hit the jackpot on .  I was able to get a Switch Lite for $140, They had $20 and under used games 5 for $5, and I picked up a used game on the Switch for $9. Mark for Death or something along those lines.  I also ended up buying a ton of their wire shelving for a $1 a shelf which should allow me to revamp my game room to something that is cohesive and I have plenty of room to grow.

Went to the two in the Kansas City area and one had mostly collectibles which I did pick up a couple of shirts. The other one I hit the jackpot on . I was able to get a Switch Lite for $140, They had $20 and under used games 5 for $5, and I picked up a used game on the Switch for $9. Mark for Death or something along those lines. I also ended up buying a ton of their wire shelving for a $1 a shelf which should allow me to revamp my game room to something that is cohesive and I have plenty of room to grow.
Which location besides the one in KCMO zona rosa?

Did you just walk in to check out if it was closing or is there another list of more/different GS closings?
When I was at the Zona Rosa location they mentioned the Leawood location. It wasn’t listed on the blog spot in Rictors post ( 3rd post in this thread). The guy at Zona told me they had less stuff left than what he did which was true for the most part. I was mostly looking for a Vita which they ended up selling an hour before I got there.

I see this as complementary device to my big Switch. I plan on buying the rumored (but very likely) switch "pro that will be coming out mid-year. Some people ONLY play handheld, and if that is you - go for it.

Nintendo has fantastic customer service. So, I wouldn't worry about analog sticks too much since they will make free repairs within 1 year of purchase. I've only had one joy-con start drifting on me in my time as a switch owner (3 years?) The only concern with warranty repairs is that they might give you a replacement switch, which means you will lose your save data on some games like Pokémon, Minecreaft, or Splatoon 2, etc even if you ahve cloud backups.

At $140, odds are high that you will be able to take advantage of a GameStop trade-in promo to get your money back as well.

I personally got the 2-year replacement plan for $30 through GameStop, so if it "accidentally" dies just before 2 years is up - I can get a new one.
I would agree and I am an OG Switch gamer, that converted to a Switch Lite. It really depends on how you intend to play. From the sounds of it you may have benefited more from a traditional Switch because of some of the games that you like to play and the fact that you can put it on the TV. Games like Ring Fit are really tough on the Lite with the small screen AND you have to either own already or buy a set of joy-cons which completely kills the value of the system.

I only play in handheld mode, but that's the biggest appeal to me. It working the way it does is exactly why I was always so excited for the Switch since its announcement. I like the feel of durability the Lite brings and I have had a Switch since launch and never experienced Drift. It can happen of course but it really also depends how much time you are playing and the stress that you put on the sticks.

Just my two cents.

I went into a closing store the other day. They actually had a bunch of switch games left, used and new. 50-125 copies!
But, employees were keeping them for themselves. And, I'm kinda ok with that.
What pissed me off though?
All of the games were stashed.
I asked if any one working there would want one of the many many copies of ugly dolls or the princess game. He laughed "no".
I asked "can I buy some of those" - "sure"
Told him that I expect them to stash some stuff.
Not putting out the other stuff though.
Told him, you guys are jerks.

The next store I went to had a big list of what they had left for switch.
Crossed of stuff as it sold.

glad to see gamestop is closing their stores, never liked shopping there, ever.          RIP gamestop.     

The Herndon VA store was horders galore.  Most of the employees were hiding stuff behind their counter.  Told me there were no consoles left except used Xboxes were all 50% off but I will never buy an Xbox because of the stupid RROD back with Xbox 360 (went through 8 with default MS warranty, never again), and they had new consoles but they stored them out of sight or they thought.  Also they tore all the plastic off new game copies, and put stupid gamestop stickers even all over the new game cases.  not worth anything, the trip was a waste of time.

The Herndon VA store was horders galore. Most of the employees were hiding stuff behind their counter. Told me there were no consoles left except used Xboxes were all 50% off but I will never buy an Xbox because of the stupid RROD back with Xbox 360 (went through 8 with default MS warranty, never again), and they had new consoles but they stored them out of sight or they thought. Also they tore all the plastic off new game copies, and put stupid gamestop stickers even all over the new game cases. not worth anything, the trip was a waste of time.
Had considered going but it's like a 35 minute drive. Thanks for the update!

I went to Chula Vista and the person working was being a punk, and said they didn’t have any switches even though I just called the store a half and hour earlier and another associate said they had them and no one besides one other person was there so we almost got into a fight other this nonsense.

I went to Chula Vista and the person working was being a punk, and said they didn’t have any switches even though I just called the store a half and hour earlier and another associate said they had them and no one besides one other person was there so we almost got into a fight other this nonsense.
In the end, did you end up grabbing it? Is there anything left at that store? I figured it be picked clean at this point. I've considered going, but it's a bit out of my way (La Jolla area)

I never got it, employee was just mad that they were going to the unemployment line soon. F GameStop glad they are going under soon.

Went to the Covington, TN store. They are not closing nor is any other in the Memphis area or surrounding area. They haven't received any word yet on closures. They suspect at most maybe one of the Wolfchase stores since they are right across the street from each other.

Went to the Covington, TN store. They are not closing nor is any other in the Memphis area or surrounding area. They haven't received any word yet on closures. They suspect at most maybe one of the Wolfchase stores since they are right across the street from each other.
I don’t see either of those stores closing any time soon. They both have people in them constantly. The GameStop not in the mall gets overflow from Best Buy / Target / Wal-Mart and the one in the mall has a constant flow of foot traffic.

I don’t see either of those stores closing any time soon. They both have people in them constantly. The GameStop not in the mall gets overflow from Best Buy / Target / Wal-Mart and the one in the mall has a constant flow of foot traffic.
I haven't been to either location in a long so had no idea their foot traffic. It made sense to me but if they have plenty of foot traffic then they definitely won't close. This info was from a GA telling me so definitely take with a huge grain of salt. Went to 3 stores the next day and all said no plans to close any Memphis area stores.

bread's done
Back