New online game rental place Gottaplay

Yeah, I actually did a trial with them like 2-3 years ago...back when I was in college and poor, and tried to get as many free games as possible. They weren't too terrible back then.

Gottaplay's been around, they just absorbed Gamershare's empty portfolio.

Gottaplay has some monkeys running their tech support & account services these days, so definitely read thru the thread Shrike mentioned before signing up.

I just started their free trial. Dawn of Mana and Odin Sphere took 5 and 6 days to arrive, respectively.

I'm looking through my spam box and I did receive the automated threats from them a while back, and I'm dismissing it as problems with transitioning from gamershare to gottaplay. Are they retarded for not fixing it for over month? Yes.

I'm using them for now anyway, unless mysterious charges start showing up on my account.

How the hell do I cancel my gottaplay account? I am taking the steps Im supposed to: going to my account, click cancel membership, agree to the terms and cancel, and then it just takes me to a blank white page. I have tried this 4 times and it still hasn't cancelled my account.

This account was just set up last Sunday (7 days ago) and I want to get it cancelled before my 10 day free trial comes up.

Just a warning with their "$1.00 trial". They charge you $13.95 at the start of the trial and they say that when you cancel they will refund the money, but i've been waiting 2 months and have yet to receive it. I sent in a complaint email and they were having "refund problems" and that i would receive mine shortly. Psh...

[quote name='Bezerker']Just a warning with their "$1.00 trial". They charge you $13.95 at the start of the trial and they say that when you cancel they will refund the money, but i've been waiting 2 months and have yet to receive it. I sent in a complaint email and they were having "refund problems" and that i would receive mine shortly. Psh...[/quote]

I didn't have a $1.00 trial, it was a free trial for 10 days and they haven't charged anything. Maybe they changed how they did it?

[quote name='Bezerker']Just a warning with their "$1.00 trial". They charge you $13.95 at the start of the trial and they say that when you cancel they will refund the money, but i've been waiting 2 months and have yet to receive it. I sent in a complaint email and they were having "refund problems" and that i would receive mine shortly. Psh...[/QUOTE]

Seems they been having major problems (thanks to gamershare data base they say) they should have all problems fixxed now.

I opened up an TRADING account on june 21 and nothing has matched yet. If nothing matchs by aug 20 or so i will call up my credit card and dispute the charges. saying they said they had games to trade but nothign ships. SHouldnt have a problem with a dispute

Ick. Gottaplay. Just a little warning:

I signed up for Gottaplay in June. Got my first game (for the DS) on June 18th. I played the game and had enough of it by the end of the day, and decided to return it the next day. I made an effort to get the game out to the mailbox in the morning of June 19th so that I can get a new game sooner.

A week later, they e-mailed me saying I returned a personal game, which is false, because I only own 1 DS game and I still have it today. I called them and they said there was no game in the returned mailer! They said they would forward the case to the Distribution Center to see how they want to deal with it.

I didn't hear from them for almost two weeks (even after massive e-mailing and calling). The customer service girls kept telling me that they can't really do anything for me and that I'd have to wait.

So, today I got a e-mail explaining that the mailer didn't look like a game was stolen out of it, and that I should check my location for the game again, and if I can't find it, I'd have to pay $27! Oh, and that their system currently doesn't distinguish between a lost game and a personal game returned.

Grr...

bread's done
Back