NEW Orange Box (ps3) $36 from Hitgaming Fulfilled by Amazon) + FSSS

Yeah, but finding new copies is extremely rare. Also, gamestop doesn't even sell the used version for less than $30. So this is for collectors or ps3 owners. The ps3 version is long out of print and is one of the only true "limited run" games this generation.

Looking on ebay, this seems to be a pretty good deal for a new copy. However, just because it is a good price if you are looking on ebay, it does not mean anyone should pay $36 for it IMO

I just sold a used copy for $11 in my lowball... Granted, used isn't always like new, lots of times it might as well be. If you want the game and look hard enough, you can find a copy for less than $15.

Don't trust ebay prices to get actual value, not anymore. Almost every major game seller on ebay these days just copies Amazons prices (which are almost always insanely high for games out of print).

Hitgaming is a bunch scammers. This probably isn't even new.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264246

23585458.jpg

My daughter has been wanting to play Portal. I got a used version at a used media store last month for about $13.00.

I didn't realize it was such a good deal.

I sold one on ebay a few years ago for $70. I think I still have 3 new copies. But yeah, it is relatively hard to find as I have had them since they went on clearance at target years ago.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Is this considered a deal? Wasnt the PS3 one considered the worse version of the Orange Box?[/QUOTE]
Technically it was the inferior console, but I played Portal on Orange Box PS3 and it wasn't bad at all. You could legitimately complain that Portal 1 ought to get 60FPS on a PS3 instead of 30, or that it should have better antialiasing or something, but if you're not doing a Lens of Truth shootout, it was great.

I didn't play any of the other games in the bundle, though, so I can't comment on those.

It was the interior version no doubt. I had and sold two copies for around $50 each on eBay shortly after Portal 2 came out. It wasn't a terrible version, just obviously a port as opposed to the valve developed 360 version.

Wonder why they don't make a Portal 1/2 combo pack. I've searched but never found any results for it.

I can't comment on whether or not this is deal worthy, but I've got both console versions and this one is definitely crap. The most annoying thing IMO were the load times.

bread's done
Back