New pc build...now a good time to buy?

Actually, you just missed the peak time...well at least of NYC...peak time for computer buying is usually around the back to school sales. I usually double down taking the actual sales/deals + using rebate + in store and manufacturer coupons.

Last edited:
The next timeframe for price drops would be Black Friday as Morph mentioned.

However, Newegg does blow out older stuff on clearance, so check there. I actually upgraded my video card, PSU and RAM for about $300 total.

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti = $240
3 x 4GB G.Skill PC-8500 DDR3 1066 = $60
Antec EarthWatts 650W PSU = FREE!

Thanks Newegg.com!

You might as well wait for Black Friday to see what goes on sale. You might get lucky if you aren't looking for specific parts/models. Odds of a specific part going on sale that you need/want might be kinda low.

[quote name='Rig']You might as well wait for Black Friday to see what goes on sale. You might get lucky if you aren't looking for specific parts/models. Odds of a specific part going on sale that you need/want might be kinda low.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You'll find a lot of 2009 to 2010 or older model HDs and the like. Some video card may be on sale but I would check their review status across the web before putting $ down - Even if it is dirt cheap.

i feel like black friday (and even cyber monday) is overrated; maybe one or two door busters but for the most part they don't really sell good stuff

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']You will always find better deals and faster parts if you wait, it's how the PC game works.[/QUOTE]
I know how the OP feels, though, as I'm in dire need of a desktop upgrade but can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Every time I start to price things out, it's impossible to ignore what might be available or on sale in 3-6 months.

That 3-6 month window is killing me.

bread's done
Back