New Pc gamer needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hi guys I have always been a console gamer but just bought an alienware laptop and I want to get into pc gaming but I would like to use a controller. I am looking for some advice on what kind of controller everyone likes best. As far as consoles go I have always perfered my ps3 controller to my xbox one. Is there any good pc controllers with a similiar design? Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

[quote name='mramazing']PC gamers generally don't like controllers....hence the reason we play on PC.[/QUOTE]

Yea but when I googled it i found a lot of controllers so some must use them

I prefer the 360 controller, and it is easy to set up by just plugging in and playing. (if it is a wired one, wireless controllers you would need to buy an adapter which is 10-15$ at amazon or elsewhere)

PS3 controllers work also but you need to do some work (installing drivers, setting up xpadder ext).

No point in buying another controller when you already have one

[quote name='ShadowSx']I prefer the 360 controller, and it is easy to set up by just plugging in and playing. (if it is a wired one, wireless controllers you would need to buy an adapter which is 10-15$ at amazon or elsewhere)

PS3 controllers work also but you need to do some work (installing drivers, setting up xpadder ext).

No point in buying another controller when you already have one[/QUOTE]

Oh cool so I can use a ps3 controller thats neat do you know of any good tutorials on how to set it all up?

I use quite a few controllers my favorite is a Saitek P220. It's great for platformers, fighting games and shumps.

LMAO such irony haha XD

I came in this thread expecting to help a fellow PC gamer out with building a PC or something and found a console gamer that can't let go. XD lmao

Nothing personal, just find it funny :)

Im honestly not trying to be a dick but why play pc games if your just going to use a controller? Or atleast make this big of a deal using one?

The majority of pc games that are playable with a controller are on consoles already.

I would go with the 360 controller, generally no fuss no muss with it. I still keep my controller for driving games and some 3rd person games.

Some games just play better with a controller. I use a standard xbox 360 wired controller when I do use one. Mainly use them for driving games and games like Bastion and Super Meat Boy. Also used one for Dead Space as the K&M controls in that were horrible.

Not every pc game is a FPS or RTS(which sadly is why we dont get great games like darksouls or the vast majority of high production fighting games). we also got emulators.

even for a FPS
for a while i was experimenting with my controller and mouse

left hand id have my xbox controller over using wdad + spacebar, right hand had my mouse for aiming

still used my keybaord some for like weapon changing but it works pretty well once ya get use to it.

also if you're like me, your pc is hooked to your tv anyways for gaming/streaming. might as well sit on the couch for 3 hours gaming rather than a crappy pc chair :)

You can use a PS3 controller on PC with motioninjoy drivers.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

I would use the settings that make the PC think your PS3 controller is a 360 controller for the highest compatibility. And I'd use Xpadder for everything that doesn't have native gamepad support (or doesn't work right with the triggers).

http://xpadder.com/

I personally use a wired 360 controller and Xpadder for everything and I have not yet found a game that I can't get to work.

[quote name='gargus']Im honestly not trying to be a dick but why play pc games if your just going to use a controller? Or atleast make this big of a deal using one?

The majority of pc games that are playable with a controller are on consoles already.[/QUOTE]

Why is it that PC gamers like to point out all the advantages that PC games have over consoles: higher resolution, better graphics, more customization, etc.. but every time someone wants to use a controller on the PC, they suddenly forgot about all the advantages except keyboard and mouse?

[quote name='DeathDream']LMAO such irony haha XD

I came in this thread expecting to help a fellow PC gamer out with building a PC or something and found a console gamer that can't let go. XD lmao

Nothing personal, just find it funny :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gargus']Im honestly not trying to be a dick but why play pc games if your just going to use a controller? Or atleast make this big of a deal using one?

The majority of pc games that are playable with a controller are on consoles already.[/QUOTE]

Sad display ppl.

The great thing about PC gaming is that we can do anything on it.

I've been playing PC games for over 25 years going. I've always used a controller for PC games that warrant it.

My HTPC in the living and in my kids room have over 20K+ games ready to play via gamepad connected to a projector.

If you're happy staying chained to a desk then do you but knocking PC Gamers that take full advantage of what the PC can do is sad.

That's like getting mad at PC gamer for playing a game on max settings when they have the rig that can do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back