New pics of a game called.. uhh.. RESIDENT EVIL 5!!!!

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Apparently its set for Xbox 360/PS3 and PS2?

Who knows...

but....

LOOK!!!!!!!

my.php

my.php

(Thanks to Bio52 on the GAF!)

I'm willing to bet those are just renders.. there's no way they'd be that far along already.

EDIT: But if they are.. man, that looks awesome.

[quote name='sabin23']hoefully it plays more like RE4 then the past games.[/QUOTE]

Capcom pretty much stated directly that RE5 would play similarly to 4, so no worries there. And I (somewhat) agree with Casey regarding the difficulty of the game.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']if they include more puzzles, less ammo, and stronger zombies, I may have to pick this up at launch[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I need a survival horror game, not action/horror. You're supposed to be worried about conservation

Just because you have to fight big scary monsters doesnt make it Survival Horror. Devil May Cry 3 is not Survival Horror.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']if they include more puzzles, less ammo, and stronger zombies, I may have to pick this up at launch[/QUOTE]

When I first started RE4, I didn't know if I was supposed to be killing everyone. Not that I didn't want to, I just didn't know if I had enough ammo to.

How many continues did you use to beat the game? I had a nice, fat goose egg, which made the experience fairly challenging. If I didn't make it through a section, back I went to the last time I saved. It made the section in the castle just before you lose Ashley immensely nerve-wracking.

I'm all for more puzzles, but the general public probably wouldn't be into that.

That looks amazing. I'm glad they are sticking with the over the shoulder feel, because I wouldn't even touch a Resident Evil game before RE4. The controls and camera in the past RE games were horrendous, in my honest opinion.

Capcom Secretary: Our game sold best on Gamecube! Shouldn't we release the sequel on the Revolution?

Capcom President: No.

CS: Why?

CP: Because we don't know what the hell it is.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Namco secretary: Our game sold best on Gamecube! Shouldn't we release the sequel on the Revolution?

Namco president: No.

NS: Why?

NP: Because we don't know what the hell it is.[/QUOTE] Don't you mean Capcom? I guess I could see how you got them mixed up (the words are awfully alike).

Sorry to ruin the whole joke, by the way... or am I missing something here?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Namco secretary: Our game sold best on Gamecube! Shouldn't we release the sequel on the Revolution?

NP: Because we don't know what the hell it is.[/QUOTE]

Namco Secretary: So, why are we talking about a game that we have no affiliation with?

Namco President: I honestly don't know...But "bring your bong to work day" has always given us great results.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']silence! all of you! silence! I'll change it sheesh. But its already been quoted twice[/QUOTE] Don't you think we should go with three quotes, just for good measure? Three is my lucky number, after all. :lol:

well, those image shack files have been taken down. I kinda had them posted in the bustling forums of Penny Arcade. Mightve been too much for them.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']well, those image shack files have been taken down. I kinda had them posted in the bustling forums of Penny Arcade. Mightve been too much for them.[/QUOTE]

Loaded just fine for me.

EDIT: At least the first one did.

I think at this point it's harder to get a game NOT featuring zombies for the Xbox 360.

Zombies are the new WWII.

I will buy an X360 if a game comes out where I can defend Normandy Beach from an onslaught of rifle-toting zombies.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I will buy an X360 if a game comes out where I can defend Normandy Beach from an onslaught of rifle-toting zombies.[/QUOTE]

*cough*Return To Castle Wolfenstein*cough*
*shut*so what if it's on Xbox, same diff*up*

THANK YOU CAPCOM. I knew they would bring RE5 out. I could care less for what system it comes out for. I want to know more about the gameplay, and especially the story. Any ideas on who that person is in the screenshot? I hope they bring back Jill, Chris, Leon, and all the other characthers. They don't have to be all playable, but I just hope they make appearances.

OMG, the game looks gorgeous. If the gameplay is anything like RE4, I will seriously buy whatever console it comes out on. RE4 was such a refreshing and great game. Definitely one of the best I have ever, ever played.

graphics don't look that much better than what we have on current gen systems(see REmake and RE4).

man next gen is going to be a letdown if there is no significant upgrade...

graphics don't look that much better than what we have on current gen systems(see REmake and RE4).

man next gen is going to be a letdown if there is no significant upgrade...

Helen Keller, its good to see that you are interested in video games...

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']OMG, the game looks gorgeous. If the gameplay is anything like RE4, I will seriously buy whatever console it comes out on. RE4 was such a refreshing and great game. Definitely one of the best I have ever, ever played.[/QUOTE]

Same here, it is one of my favs of all time!

and as far as the pics :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Um...pics are down. Anyone care to host them themselves?

edit - The first one works, but the second says it was removed because of high bandwidth use.

[quote name='gsr']graphics don't look that much better than what we have on current gen systems(see REmake and RE4).

man next gen is going to be a letdown if there is no significant upgrade...[/QUOTE]

I agree. Sure it is better, but it isn't like a RE to REmake jump.

looks cool, but sadly I'm really not looking forward to it.
Guess I've just grown tired of the Resident Evil series.

I'm more then willing to bet that RE5 will also show up on the Revolution too.
I wish Nintendo would let 3rd party groups start announcing games. Keeping all this info hushed is really starting to get me pissed off. Its like Hey look at all the games I can get on the PS3 and Xbox360. But what has Nintendo announced? NES, SNES and N64 games -_-x

WOW! That outisde alley looks creepy on its own. I stopped playing RE after 2 so I hope its easy to get back into the story.

Anyone know of anything like that 11 minute mario run through, where you can just watch someone play through the series like a movie to learn the storyline?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Namco Secretary: So, why are we talking about a game that we have no affiliation with?

Namco President: I honestly don't know...But "bring your bong to work day" has always given us great results.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='sabin23']hoefully it plays more like RE4 then the past games.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, There is no way you could lose at RE4. I think RE4 was to easy. RE4 was shipped without the survival portioin of the game that made RE series popular. SO I would like RE5 to be like the past games. Less ammo the old game was not about fighting every single zombie. Just keep the RE4 camera in RE5.

[quote name='Graystone']I disagree, There is no way you could lose at RE4. I think RE4 was to easy. RE4 was shipped without the survival portioin of the game that made RE series popular. SO I would like RE5 to be like the past games. Less ammo the old game was not about fighting every single zombie. Just keep the RE4 camera in RE5.[/QUOTE]

I dunno man, that's kinda what attracted me more to RE4 than past RE games. I hated trying to avoid the zombies when I was out of ammo. True, it made the game harder, but when I'm playing a zombie game, I wanna be able to kill the damn zombies, not run away from them.

[quote name='Graystone']I disagree, There is no way you could lose at RE4. I think RE4 was to easy. RE4 was shipped without the survival portioin of the game that made RE series popular. SO I would like RE5 to be like the past games. Less ammo the old game was not about fighting every single zombie. Just keep the RE4 camera in RE5.[/QUOTE]

Agreed/10. RE4 was still excellent though.

And the guy in the pictures is Chris. It is mentioned in the interview on those pages.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7'][quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Namco secretary: Our game sold best on Gamecube! Shouldn't we release the sequel on the Revolution?

NP: Because we don't know what the hell it is.[/quote]Don't you mean Capcom? I guess I could see how you got them mixed up (the words are awfully alike).

Sorry to ruin the whole joke, by the way... or am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]
He's probably talking about Soul Calibur III, which is PS2-exclusive, even though Soul Calibur II sold best on the Gamecube.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Indeed, I need a survival horror game, not action/horror. You're supposed to be worried about conservation

Just because you have to fight big scary monsters doesnt make it Survival Horror. Devil May Cry 3 is not Survival Horror.[/QUOTE]
Survival horror is played out, like reality tv.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']He's probably talking about Soul Calibur III, which is PS2-exclusive, even though Soul Calibur II sold best on the Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

It only sold best on Cube because Nintendo fanboys will buy anything with Link in it, duh.

bread's done
Back