New platinum hits boxes are not total eye-rape.

That actually looks pretty good. I have PGR3 with the gray platinum hit case and it looks fucking disgusting.

I approve. It's much cleaner than the old waffle iron design.

[quote name='Rocko']The only thing worse than the previous Platinum Hits box art is the Konami The Best box art.[/quote]

Nothing says love like a smaller image of the original box art with a white border and an MSRP in red letters printed right on the cover.

They could have done so much better, though. How hard is it for them to design an awesome look, really?

I mean, it's 100x better than the older ones, sure, but it's still not exactly...sleek?

Wow, much better. In the past, I never let packaging stop me from buying a game...and i do own some 360 PHs...but damn, they are freaking ugly, let's face it. There were definitely a couple of times where I was like, "Nah, I don't want the game that much," and somewhere in the back of my head, I think the packaging actually was the deciding factor.

Sometimes I wonder how such an obviously terrible cover gets mass marketed. I really don't get it. This one however I don't mind. I think the 'Greatness is Earned' quote is pretty funny as well.

Better, but the spine is still going to stand out from the "original" boxes. Moreso perhaps (hard to tell at that angle).

[quote name='mang9432']nice... too bad my dead rising / condemned / saints row look fucking rediculous[/quote]
I'm sure someone will re-do those in photoshop soon.

2 things:

1 - If the "Greatness is Earned" is going to be on every PH title from now on, including ones that obviously don't deserve it (Sonic the Hedgehog) then it's a bunch of crap

2 - I demand a Platinum Hits Cover Replacement Plan for all PH titles I own.

I'm happy to report that the only PH title I currently own for the 360 is Dead or Alive 4. This new look is interesting though. Perhaps they actually listened to everyone's feedback?

[quote name='KingBroly']2 things:

1 - If the "Greatness is Earned" is going to be on every PH title from now on, including ones that obviously don't deserve it (Sonic the Hedgehog) then it's a bunch of crap[/quote]

Hey, maybe that is why MS calls their top sellers Platinum Hits. They realize most of them aren't great. :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back