'New' & 'Pre-order' Sale at Amazon - Updated 2/10 - Fear 2, MLB 09, Star Ocean etc

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
New info thanks to worrybomb. Kudos to you sir. :applause:

02/10/2009 UPDATE:

iconps3.gif

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Fear 2: Project Origin - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
X Blades - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
MLB '09 - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Tom Clancy's HAWX - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Guitar Hero Metallica - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
WET - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Monsters vs. Aliens - $52.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Valkyria Chronicles - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)

iconxbox360.gif

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Fear 2: Project Origin - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Stoked - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
Major League Baseball 2K9 - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Tom Clancy's HAWX - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Guitar Hero Metallica - $56.99 (Orig. $59.99)
Monsters vs. Aliens - $46.99 (Orig. $59.99)

iconwii.gif

NASCAR Kart Racing - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
House of the Dead: Overkill - $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Deadly Creatures - $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
Sonic and the Black Knight - $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Mario Power Tennis - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
MadWorld - $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Guitar Hero Metallica - $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves w/ Two Mats - $67.99 (Orig. $69.99)
Rune Factory: Frontier
- $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Pro Evolution Soccer 09 - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
Monsters vs. Aliens - $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Fantasy Aquarium - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)

iconps2_r2.gif

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 4 - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)

iconds.gif

Retro Game Challenge - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Phineas and Ferb DS - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
Legacy of Ys: Books I & II - $31.99 (Orig. $34.99)
Puzzle Quest Galactrix - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Blue Dragon Plus - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Peggle Dual Shot - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Scrabble - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
The Dark Spire - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - $33.99 (Orig. $34.99)
Paint - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Imagine: Family Doctor - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Monsters vs. Aliens - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)

iconpsp_r2.gif

Phantasy Star Portable - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
Resistance: Retribution - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
Monsters vs. Aliens - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)

iconpcwin.gif

Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
Warhammer Dawn of War II - $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Delta Force: Xtreme 2 - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
Empire: Total War - $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Grand Ages: Rome - $38.99 (Orig. $39.99)
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - $27.99 (Orig. $29.99)
DCS: Black Shark - $38.99 (Orig. $39.99)
BattleForge - $42.49 (Orig. $49.99)
Monsters vs. Aliens - $36.99 (Orig. $39.99)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $46.99 (Orig. $49.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
They added Prince of Persia 360 and PS3 tonight.

I wonder if the pre-order qualifies for the LE version? Can't remember what stores were participating with that.

[quote name='Maklershed']Updated the OP. Thanks for the info guys.

Also added Banjo Kazooie ($36.99) and Dead Space[/QUOTE]

Nice, BK is even cheaper now! Now to just make sure my preorder changes price (thankfully it's still under the price guarantee)

I preordered Banjo a few weeks ago. Will I automatically get this lower price? Or do I need to cancel and reorder?

Final Fantasy IV DS is down to $37.99, and Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is $36.99.

What's up with Amazon's listed release date of 12/30/2008 for Chrono Trigger? It hasn't been pushed back has it?

[quote name='ciaossu']I preordered Banjo a few weeks ago. Will I automatically get this lower price? Or do I need to cancel and reorder?[/quote]

Good question. It says they will change the price on your pre-order within 24 hours, but it's been 24 hours and it still says 39.99 for me.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Final Fantasy IV DS is down to $37.99, and Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is $36.99.[/quote]I'm not sure if these PS3 games have been mentioned:

Metal Gear Solid 4 ($54.99)
Grand Theft Auto IV ($48.99)
Street Fighter IV ($56.99)
Heavenly Sword ($56.99) (not exactly new :) )

[quote name='Maklershed']You're on fire groundskeeper. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Just trying to help. The site has helped me out so much in the past. Most times I cannot post in time deals before others already have.

Actually most I have reported are in my wish list. The only real searching I did was last night. Seems they are constantly updating titles since Persona and Boom Blox were not this price last night.

[quote name='nflsonic']I'd be all over a few of these titles if it wasn't for the fact that Amazon charges tax for NY residents.[/quote]

I feel like this minor "discount" is for that reason. Ever since they started charging tax on games for us NY residents, I never bothered to buy from them anymore since I could just walk into a local b&m store and buy it for the same price after tax. This helps, but I still think there are only a few games out there worth spending $60 on.

[quote name='espionage']I feel like this minor "discount" is for that reason. Ever since they started charging tax on games for us NY residents, I never bothered to buy from them anymore since I could just walk into a local b&m store and buy it for the same price after tax. This helps, but I still think there are only a few games out there worth spending $60 on.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Luckily in VT they don't charge tax yet. Around me there are not too many places to buy video games other than CC, BB, GS and Walmart. Maybe someday VT will get a Target. It took us years to get a Walmart.

Thanks for posting this or I wouldn't have realized Persona 4 is cheaper than when I pre-ordered it.With Pre-order Price Guarantee do I have to email them to get my order changed or will it just updated before they charge me ?

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Thanks for posting this or I wouldn't have realized Persona 4 is cheaper than when I pre-ordered it.With Pre-order Price Guarantee do I have to email them to get my order changed or will it just updated before they charge me ?[/quote]Should change automatically today or tomorrow. I've never had to contact anyone to get a preorder adjustment to happen.

imho chrono trigger should not be worth more than $20 as it should really be a VC download game. SE really likes to milk their franchises. I'll pick it up when it goes on clearance.

[quote name='espionage']I feel like this minor "discount" is for that reason. Ever since they started charging tax on games for us NY residents, I never bothered to buy from them anymore since I could just walk into a local b&m store and buy it for the same price after tax. This helps, but I still think there are only a few games out there worth spending $60 on.[/quote]

Also agreed. Since they added sales tax my amazon spending has been cut in quarter.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Should change automatically today or tomorrow. I've never had to contact anyone to get a preorder adjustment to happen.[/quote]

I've never had this happen as usually the price goes back up by the time it ships and when I emailed to get an adjustment for LBP a few weeks back they denied me

EDIT: Maybe I just never noticed. Does this work with items bought through Quick Picks as well?

The price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date.

Just placed a preorder for Banjo; the XBLA game code bonus was the clincher. How was it handled with people who preordered Fable II and got the pub game codes? Did people receive them okay through Amazon or was it delayed/cancelled due to running out of codes?

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Thanks for posting this or I wouldn't have realized Persona 4 is cheaper than when I pre-ordered it.With Pre-order Price Guarantee do I have to email them to get my order changed or will it just updated before they charge me ?[/quote]

Just call. I just called about Banjo and the guy switched it over in a few seconds. Very easy.

[quote name='lunker']Just placed a preorder for Banjo; the XBLA game code bonus was the clincher. How was it handled with people who preordered Fable II and got the pub game codes? Did people receive them okay through Amazon or was it delayed/cancelled due to running out of codes?[/quote]

I got a $10 Amazon GC Code when they ran out of PUB codes, which i turned around and used on my Fable 2 LE order which brought it down to $56, so i would guess it would be a similar situation.

And my Banjo pre-order has also not price adjsuted but according to their site they still have the pre-order price guarantee. And i took a screen shot for proof.

[quote name='woodcan']totally noob question but are pre-orders charged to your credit card when game is released or at time of pre-order?[/quote]When the package actually ships.

I preordered Banjo @ $39.99 on 9/2. I emailed them about a price adjustment and got this in return (my initial email is below the reply):

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thanks for writing to us asking about post-order price policies for items purchased from Amazon.com.

I do understand your concern regarding the price adjustment for your order #(deleted for privacy purposes) item "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts".

While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items and cannot offer discounts after your order is complete.

From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases, we will.

You may have been able to take advantage of post-purchase discounts on orders you placed in the past, but that policy was discontinued on September 1, 2008.

I would suggest you to cancel this order and place a new order for the same item with the lower price. You may cancel order online by following these steps:

1. Click the "Your Account" link at the top of our web site.
2. Click the link that says "Cancel orders."
3. Sign in with your e-mail address and password.
4. Click the "View or change order" button on the relevant order.
5. Click the button that says "Need to cancel an item?"
6. Click the checkbox next to "Cancel 1 item" for any items you'd
like to cancel.
7. Click the "Cancel checked items" button.

You'll receive an e-mail confirmation of your cancellation.

If you have any further questions, please visit our Help pages:
http://www.amazon.com/help

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this matter.

We recognize that you have a choice of retailers and are pleased that you would prefer to order from us. I hope you'll be able to take advantage of the many discounts we offer on your next visit to our store.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=fdqgxxgd3446676126
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=fdqgxxgd3446676126

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Abdul Wahab
Amazon.com Customer Service
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

---- Original message: ----

---------------
09/10/08 05:26:13
Your Name:(deleted for privacy)
Order Id: (deleted for privacy)
ITEMS:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Comments:I pre-ordered this game for $39.99. The price as of Wednesday morning (9/10/2008) at 7:25am is $36.99. I was hoping you could just price adjust it for me while it is in my cart so I don't have to go through the hassle of canceling and reordering. Thanks.
---------------

[quote name='Layd Dly']I got a $10 Amazon GC Code when they ran out of PUB codes, which i turned around and used on my Fable 2 LE order which brought it down to $56, so i would guess it would be a similar situation.

And my Banjo pre-order has also not price adjsuted but according to their site they still have the pre-order price guarantee. And i took a screen shot for proof.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize they ran out. I picked up the LE when it was $66 as well and got a pub code the next day.

I e-mailed to get the corrected price on Banjo, just in case...

Also figured I'd rather be safe and grab Tales of Symphonia 2.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']SNIP -- AMAZON: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

---------------
09/10/08 05:26:13
Your Name:(deleted for privacy)
Order Id: (deleted for privacy)
ITEMS:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Comments:I pre-ordered this game for $39.99. The price as of Wednesday morning (9/10/2008) at 7:25am is $36.99. I was hoping you could just price adjust it for me while it is in my cart so I don't have to go through the hassle of canceling and reordering. Thanks.
---------------[/QUOTE]

Ummm... fail? Wow. I better pre-order it unless they dick me. Shame too as I had Banjo in my Gold Box, and now I'll be out 5%.

Oddly enough--- which "area" did you send your e-mail as the category? In the past I have found different headers sometimes yield different results.

cant believe people are having such a hard time. Just have them call u and tell them u want the price adjusted. It took me all of 30 seconds.

E-mail "Refunds":

Thank you for writing to Amazon.com.

The discounts we offer on items on our web site do vary from time to time. I've checked your order, and found that we currently offer a greater discount on "Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts" than at the time you placed your order.

Since this item has not yet shipped, I have adjusted the price to reflect the current discounted price, $36.99. This is the price you will be charged when the order ships.

On the date of shipment, you should receive an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=hftggtgd3455326971
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=hftggtgd3455326971

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Vinay Nadella
Amazon.com Customer Service

Want to preorder Banjo and Left For Dead for 360. Does Amazon charge when they ship or right away?

Nevermind....read e-mail above and see they charge when shipped.

Chaotic it sounds like some idiotic Amazon customer service person didn't realize they still have the preorder price guarantee in place, just email or call again and be a little more demanding about it

oh and a lot of these items being on sale are again why I'm upset that they got rid of the post order price guarantee, look at all these game that are going on sale shortly after they released....

Just emailed them both about Banjo Kazooie and Persona 4, these 2 games showed up in my Gold Box the last 2 days, so I bought em at $37.99 :whistle2:(. I asked if there was any way to apply to gold box discount to the newly discounted Amazon price, if so that'd be cool, if not no harm in asking.

[quote name='SideSwipe999']Just emailed them both about Banjo Kazooie and Persona 4, these 2 games showed up in my Gold Box the last 2 days, so I bought em at $37.99 :whistle2:(. I asked if there was any way to apply to gold box discount to the newly discounted Amazon price, if so that'd be cool, if not no harm in asking.[/quote]

Before they change the price adjustment policies it would keep my gold box discount even when they lowered the price as its a seperate discount.

And on another note they dropped my Banjo to 36.99 from my email with no problems. I didn't want to cancel for fear of losing the pre-order bonus and i had another item on the order as well which has gone back up in price.

[quote name='genfuyung']Just call. I just called about Banjo and the guy switched it over in a few seconds. Very easy.[/QUOTE]

I checked my order status for Banjo online and it already reflected the new price. No calling or email needed. :applause:

I just checked and all of mine dropped on their own as well. I guess they are pressing the reps to do these in light of the post price guarantee removal

[quote name='jacknicklson']No one said they didn't[/quote]Actually a lot of posters have made it sound like they had to contact a rep to manually change the price. Reps may be able to make the adjustment immediately, but it would have adjusted on its own in a matter of hours, no contact necessary.

Also, in my experience the 5% Quick Pick discount does stack with any other coupons/offers/adjustments.

Yea everything worked out for me in the end both Persona 4 and Banjo Kazooie now show up as $35.14. Just confusing as the email on Persona 4 said the same thing as ChaoticClimax got, and basically told me I couldn't get the newly adjusted price, but when I got a respsonse on Banjo Kazooie it said they would go ahead and adjust both of my orders.

bread's done
Back