New pro elite PS3 wireless controller $34.99 @ Amazon

Not a fan of the X360 controller layout (I like the classic PS1/PS2 analog stick/Dpad layout). If someone could make a controller like this that has a PS3 layout for the X360 I would love to have one.

If anyone purchases one of these, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on it.

I am torn between my hatred of the standard dualshock controller and my mistrust of 3rd party controllers.
The only 3rd party controllers I have ever been happy to spend money on are the logitech wireless for ps2, and some weird N64 thing that ditched the 3 prong approach for a more traditional layout.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']I ordered the wired version from Amazon for $19.99. It's also backordered, but I'm looking forward to it![/QUOTE]

Toys has the wired in store 90% of the time. The only thing is you have to pay tax. Now Gamestop is supposed to get them this week as well.

To everyone complaining about the placement of the stick. This is all preference. Personally for shooters I feel that having some distance works better esp since I had a 360 first. Just because I bought one doesn't mean I throw away my DS3's. I still hold on to those for pretty much anything that isn't shooters. Fighting I like the Tourny Fight Stick for Street Fighter 4 (best 130 spent ever!!)

Dualshock for fighters, X360 controller for shooters. Also, why the hell doesnt the X360 controller have a name, I'm tired of having to say Xbox 360 controler.

[quote name='BlockheadBrown']Toys R Us has them at the same price as well. Awesome controller![/QUOTE]

I take it you have one? How do the buttons feel? Especially the shoulder ones.

I picked one up last night, but it just didn't feel comfortable for me, made my pinky hurt, I have no idea why...but I took it back and got COD WAW for 20 and a 20 dollar psn card so not a total loss....

Been using dualshock controllers since the ps1 and have never had problems. Gotta love all these redesigns to the controller it make it more xboxy. Nonsymmetrical analog sticks feel way to odd for me.

[quote name='tankass']Am I the only one that never heard of this brand?[/QUOTE]
Power A is the video gaming accessories division of Bensussen Deutsch & Associates, Inc. which is a major marketing company based out of Redmond, WA. They specialize in branded merchandise, are highly respected and have an all-star clientele list. Being based in Redmond, it was natural for them to make a move into the gaming industry, and they entered the market around the time of the Wii's release. They are rapidly establishing themselves as one of the premier peripheral makers in the world today, and I'm looking forward to some great things from them, just like how I always adored ASCII's controllers back in the 8-bit thru PS2 era...

Anyways, you can read about their company history at www.bdainc.com and the Power A web site is www.powera.com

Personally, I do slightly prefer the offset sticks but it's not a big deal. What *IS* a big deal to me is that I can't for the fucking life of me keep my fingers from slipping off of the sticks on the DS3. I NEED the indentation in the top of the sticks to maintain grip.

Picked up the wired version from Amazon for $20. I have never been a fan of the wireless controllers (and the premium they charge), so this was the perfect option (with a 10 ft cord) at the perfect price for a well reviewed third party controller.

i ended up going to my local Toys R Us, and they had a ton of these for $34.99 today, so I picked one up, came home, and cancelled my Amazon one that was not going to ship until late September

after playing around with it, it feels great...sure, it uses a USB spot, but I don't use them too often, so it doesn't hurt

i've also always liked the 360 controller, so this is a perfect means, especially after buying those crap Rocketfish ones for $10 a few months back

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i've also always liked the 360 controller, so this is a perfect means, especially after buying those crap Rocketfish ones for $10 a few months back[/QUOTE]

How does this one compare to the Rocketfish, especially the L1/R1 buttons? Are they comfortable to use?

[quote name='xplocvo']How does this one compare to the Rocketfish, especially the L1/R1 buttons? Are they comfortable to use?[/QUOTE]

holy crap, its like night and day...there's no comparison in quality or button feel...the shoulder buttons are extremely responsive and feel fantastic, dare i say, even better than the DS3

Yeah, went by my local Toys R Us and picked one up at $34.99, absolutely blown away by the quality of this thing! It feels just like an Xbox 360 controller on my PS3, but I still prefer most of my PS3 games with the Dual Shock as I only have PS3 exclusives, my Xbox has the rest.

Finally I can play killzone and resistance like it was meant to be played. LOL I don't know why Sonys so stubborn with the sticks. Anyway thanks for the thread The controller was the only thing when it came to the ps2 as I love fps and such.
'
I picked one up today at toys I will leave myy feedback as well.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'll wait for reviews.[/QUOTE]

Same, want to see if it has latency issues like the rocketfish controller. I'm very picky about latency issues. :shame: I'm talking about real testing too, not that "I don't feel..." crap.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']...I still prefer most of my PS3 games with the Dual Shock as I only have PS3 exclusives, my Xbox has the rest.[/QUOTE]
How is the fact that you only play PS3 for exclusives related to the fact that you prefer the regular Dualshock 3?

Got one at tru can't wait to try it out. If Microsoft revamped their dpad Sony has to release a 1st party controller with the thumbstick and dpad swapped.

[quote name='distgfx']Same, want to see if it has latency issues like the rocketfish controller. I'm very picky about latency issues. :shame: I'm talking about real testing too, not that "I don't feel..." crap.[/QUOTE]

Found that out first hand. The controller was really crappy and I took it back to BB the next day. I will wait for the reviews on this, but I'm very interested. Great starting price.

I picked up two from TRU today.

I haven't even taken them out of the package yet but I already have an issue. I can't for the life of me understand why games won't let you customize controls? I know this is an age old issue but in this day and age it's a joke.

I bought those $5 trigger things for the PS3 controller last week and love them. I couldn't wait to try them in my current favorite FPS, Battlefiled BC2, because I recently downloaded Onslaught mode, What do I find? I can't change the triggers so I am still stuck with using L1/R1 to aim and shoot. fucking lame.

I understand why developers switch these controls on multiplatform games but at least give me the option to switch them back!

[quote name='NipPicker']i just bought it and didnt like it. any one want it for $28 shipped PM me .[/QUOTE]
Where did you get it form? If it was TRU you know you can just return it and say it didn't work properly or you weren't satisfied with it. As long as it's within the return policy (lady today told me 90 days although I always thought TRU was 45?) and you have your receipt.

[quote name='NattySlide']Picked up the wired version from Amazon for $20. I have never been a fan of the wireless controllers (and the premium they charge), so this was the perfect option (with a 10 ft cord) at the perfect price for a well reviewed third party controller.[/QUOTE]

Can you guys give me a link? Im not finding anything on amazon.

Got both a wired and wireless version. The controller is ok for most games except for shooters. There is a giant deadzone and it is a big pain in the butt for sniping! I am considering returning the wireless and keeping the wired one as a backup... The analog sticks feel very loose as well.

My rating 2.5/5

bread's done
Back