(NEW) (PS3 & (360 Sold Out) Condemned 2: Bloodshot ($19.99) @ GameStop.com

Argh, figures I see this today -- I drove right by Gamestop yesterday. I just bit on a user copy for 360; I figure if I get lucky and get a complete copy, I'll have saved myself the gas going back out there. If not, I'll just head up there and exchange or return it.

What are the chances that ebgames.com will restock this? I called a store who told me that they had a sealed copy, so i drove down a few hours later and found out it was opened too. Might as well have kicked me in the nuts.

[quote name='tagout']Lol.. It happened to me a couple of times. :applause:[/quote]

That's just ridiculous... If they are going to bitch, they shouldn't gut all the games and sell them as 'new' when they are in fact used the minute they are opened. When they pull all the discs and throw them together in the drawer, some copies are inadvertently going to get scratched and/or smudged a little, so the customer has the right to inspect them to see if they are indeed in pristine condition.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']A guy almost had flipped out when I said I didn't want the opened copy of a game. They get even more testy when you check the game in front of them. I love GameStop.[/quote]

That's just ridiculous... If they are going to bitch, they shouldn't gut all the games and sell them as 'new' when they are in fact used the minute they are opened. When they pull all the discs and throw them together in the drawer, some copies are inadvertently going to get scratched and/or smudged a little, so the customer at the very least has the right to inspect them to see if they are indeed in pristine condition (I rejected the scratched copies until I got a clean one -- if the particular store doesn't want my business, I can find another one that does)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']What bugs me the most is the nasty ass stickers they plaster on the front of the cover. Yuk.[/quote]

That's not a big issue. The newer stickers come off quite easily, especially with some Goo Gone. Now, when they start putting them on the insert, that's a problem.

[quote name='bruceg']That's just ridiculous... If they are going to bitch, they shouldn't gut all the games and sell them as 'new' when they are in fact used the minute they are opened. When they pull all the discs and throw them together in the drawer, some copies are inadvertently going to get scratched and/or smudged a little, so the customer at the very least has the right to inspect them to see if they are indeed in pristine condition (I rejected the scratched copies until I got a clean one -- if the particular store doesn't want my business, I can find another one that does)[/quote]

Is there a particular reason they gut games? I've always wondered why the hell they need to open up the games. They could just keep an empty case of the game on the shelves like everybody else...

[quote name='hotpocket']Is there a particular reason they gut games? I've always wondered why the hell they need to open up the games. They could just keep an empty case of the game on the shelves like everybody else...[/QUOTE]

They have an employee loan-out policy and they also claim it's for security purposes at some locations. As the world's biggest video game retail chain, you'd think they could convince distributors or publishers to give them free dummy cases and a store loaner copy for employees. They could also invest in those clear acrylic flip shelves so they could seal the box inside there and still let the customers look at the real box if that's their concern.

Gamestop should just gut one copy of each game then photocopy the liner then put them in surplus cases if the manufacturer doesn't want to give dummy cases. Then sell that gutted copy as used afterwards. They should never sell opened items as new.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']That's not a big issue. The newer stickers come off quite easily, especially with some Goo Gone. Now, when they start putting them on the insert, that's a problem.[/quote]

Mostly true but sometimes you can see an outline of the sticker and almost always the case has shelf wear and definitely does not have that new shine.

On topic, a few days ago I went to a GS that was on my way home and they didn't have any. Called another today that was on my way home and told me they had 2 gutted- so they lost a sale :bomb: Glad I called and didn't waste the time and effort in the rush hour and tropical humidity. I may try another GS if I am in the area but I won't make a special trip since it costs about $5 to drive anywhere. We'll probably see this price again anyways.

Do the games definitely come factory sealed (never opened) when you order "New" online?

Meh, I'll probably have Best Buy or CC price match 'cause I want Condemned 2 as well as Dark Sector. C2 is sold out online & the B&M stores will only have unsealed copies.

Thanks OP & everyone else for sharing the great price drops. And the online order discount codes :applause:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes, when you order online, you'll get an actual new, sealed copy.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this is not always the case. I had to return two on-line orders because they sent me gutted copies. They made it right eventually, sort of...they told me they couldn't figure out how to tell the warehouse to stop sending gutted copies of the game I was ordering, so they let me keep the second copy they sent me and took the charges off my card. I ended up just buying the game for the same price at Fry's a week later, brand new. I would say your chances of getting a new copy of the game are much higher on-line, but not 100%.

I discovered on my own today that even their copies in the glass case are gutted. Things have changed since I last shopped at a GS.

My Best Buy matched this one after just looking at the website. I know this might not be typical, but it happened to me. After picking up Condemned 2 for $20 and Blastworks for $10, I had a pretty good day.

I just went to my local GameStop and picked this up used for $17. Good condition too, no scratches on the case or anything. Looks practically new.

So I have a question.
I just bought this game used last week for $30 at Gamestop. Can I get an exchange or credit since it was barely over a week? This is such a ripoff especially since they probably knew about this drop when I was buying it.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']So I have a question.
I just bought this game used last week for $30 at Gamestop. Can I get an exchange or credit since it was barely over a week? This is such a ripoff especially since they probably knew about this drop when I was buying it.[/quote]

Its gamestop you can't be serious...but no seriously they wont

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']So I have a question.
I just bought this game used last week for $30 at Gamestop. Can I get an exchange or credit since it was barely over a week? This is such a ripoff especially since they probably knew about this drop when I was buying it.[/QUOTE]

Just another reason you shouldn't shop at Gamestop. I'm still shocked people do business there, especially trade-ins. You might as well just bend over when you walk in the door.

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']I printed out the prices of the games and showed them to the sales clerk. The clerk then went on a computer to look for a valid phone number and called them to see if they had any of the games in stock and what price they were. After that, I got the price matched as well as $4.00 off of the price.

:)[/quote]

I did this today. Sales clerk did the exact same thing described above. Took about 15 minutes of waiting for them to check it all out but I walked out with Condemned 2 for $15.99 ($16.96 after tax). Thanks for the tip Videogame Igodi!

What if I can't play this game for like a month and a half since my Xbox is away? Is this price likely to not be this way at some point in the near future since it's only a temporary price cut? I mean it's going to eventually have to drop to around $20 at some point again, right? The first one did anyway and I've yet to pick that up. I just got a PSP from my friend for like $20 and I don't have any games so I wanted to pick up a few games for that.

bread's done
Back