- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Devil May Cry 4
- Army of Two
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
- Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the KOPE']is uncharted ever going to be less than 60 dollars?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop sells it for $49.99 new/$39.99 used, but an MSRP drop might not happen until closer to the Uncharted 2 release.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I remembered i picked up this game while back for $15 (2-3 months ago) and Heavenly Sword for $15 at local Sears store now.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted has not been mentioned in the Sears clearance thread. Are you sure about that one?

sweet! There are still a few copies of MGS4:LE at the gamestops in my town- hopefully they'll drop to 30 too and i can rationalize buying it.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']As a fan, there's no way in hell I could have waited an extra year and a half to two years to play MGS4. I doubt any other fan of the series could either. If you at least rented it to play through then I understand. If not, the waiting just doesn't seem worth it.[/QUOTE]

totally agree, I could not wait. Release day winner!

[quote name='LegolasFett']Hmmm here's a thought. MGS4 being on on the GH list while games like Uncharted and Heavenly Sword aren't. This might be throwing fuel on the rumor fire, but what if there is a new MGS4 version coming out for the PS3 and they "rushed" this to the GH to get as many old copies sold while hoping the new version would sell better with less old version available.[/QUOTE]

This. Actually, if you look up MGS2, the same thing happened. Came out relatively earlier in the console's lifecycle, was insanely hyped and sold a lot, one year later it went GH, a few months later Substance came out. I've been comparing MGS4 to MGS2 a lot, so this only seems like a logical conclusion.

[quote name='wildnuts02']$29.99 titles

- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Devil May Cry 4
- Army of Two
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
- Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I picked up most of these "$29.99 titles" for $9.99 and a few for $14.99 over the holiday gamefly and blockbuster sales.

What a joke it is that Uncharted isn't a GH yet. Considering how poorly PS3's have been selling I would have thought Sony would be stepping up their game a lot more than they have been.

This is why I never buy a MGS title out of the gate. It always drops, and their is always the potential for a Substance etc.

Secondly, why is Uncharted not a greatest hit yet. Guess it will wait for when Uncharted 2 releases, maybe a special PS3 bundle with both. But it is getting to be a bit ridiculous.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Do the Greatest Hits titles come with the downloadable content like the Platinum Hits titles do?[/QUOTE]
Don't think so. In most cases, the disc content is identical to its original counterpart. What's different is the red case, GH themed cover and GH themed disc artwork. They even have the same UPC.

[quote name='guessed']Gamestop sells it for $49.99 new/$39.99 used, but an MSRP drop might not happen until closer to the Uncharted 2 release.

Uncharted has not been mentioned in the Sears clearance thread. Are you sure about that one?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he meant Target - it was $15 there on clearance at one time... Or possibly he got a price match at Sears.

[quote name='bruceg']Maybe he meant Target - it was $15 there on clearance at one time... Or possibly he got a price match at Sears.[/QUOTE]

was 15 @ BBV & none of the 3 stores in my city sell games new or used.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmm well I got R&C plus MGS 4 from Radioshack for 20 a piece. DMC 4 at BBv for 20. Army of Two from CL for 20 last summer. BF:BC last Jan for 20 from GS. Gt prologue I'm not interested in either. It's a shame that Heavenly Sword & Uncharted are not yet greatest hits. However, for people new to ps3 or if you don't have them it's a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I had both Uncharted AND Heavenly Sword and I just couldn't get into either all that much. I despised the motion control crap in HS, but didn't even bother to check if I could shut it off before returning it to GS during their $30 sale.

The rest of the list is a pretty big meh for me as well. But thanks for posting it nonetheless.

I might pick up Uncharted once it drops to $10-15 used, just to play through it completely, but I didn't like a few things about it either.

[quote name='oscargrouch']This is why I never buy a MGS title out of the gate. It always drops, and their is always the potential for a Substance etc.[/QUOTE]

I dunno...don't practically all games drop in price over time?

Your point about there being a Subsistance like game is definitely valid -- I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something like that at E3 given MGS4 is now a Greatest Hits.

[quote name='tinman_licks']hmm gonna have to get metal gear before the red label takes over[/QUOTE]

Red label = who cares!

[quote name='sunghost']It's a fun game, but I felt it was quite short, though it does have replay value if you plan on achieving all the skill points and maxing/leveling up all the weapons. $30 is about the right price for it, and it was the price I paid at Target when I got it. Tools of Destruction is my first Ratchet and Clank game, so I'm not sure if they're usually so short or if its just this one that is.[/QUOTE]

Fail, it was not a short game, maybe you thought so because it was fun while you played it? The game's a 10+ hour game, which is generally on par with a game of that type. R&C games aren't RPG's/Zelda or the like. They aren't meant to be 20+ hour games.

I believe Insomniac pegged it at around a 15 hour game, so even a R&C veteran who might plow through the game, if they don't skip normal things, like scenes/etc, will take 10+ likely. Forget if you throw in doing any extra's.

I believe I played through the game twice and started a third campaign in leveling up all the weapons and getting the dance skill point. Honestly I didn't even really at the time mean to go all the way through a second time and beat it again, but it's just a well designed, fun game. And yes, like any game, after you beat it once you can plow through it a second time much faster.

It's one of the better PS3 games out there, hell look at its reviews, outside of people complaining they ditched multiplayer, the reviews were great. The biggest usual nitpick? They said it was to similar to previous games and didn't do anything new....well big deal, that's the majority of any franchise period or even any game in general out there (how many revolutionary titles and ideas can there be in a small amount of time?). So yeah, when you see the occasional 7 or 8 you can largely blow it off (if you like these kinds of games) because by that logic Halo 3 should've scored a 7 or 8 to from the same people, but it didn't (SHOCK, reviews for gigantic releases like GTA, Halo, etc are mostly bought).

[quote name='oasisboy']Red label = who cares![/QUOTE]

It's not that big of a deal but when you are looking at 30 beautiful lined white uniform PS3 games, you don't want no reddie screwing things up.

[quote name='SuppaMan']Fail, it was not a short game, maybe you thought so because it was fun while you played it? The game's a 10+ hour game, which is generally on par with a game of that type. R&C games aren't RPG's/Zelda or the like. They aren't meant to be 20+ hour games.

I believe Insomniac pegged it at around a 15 hour game, so even a R&C veteran who might plow through the game, if they don't skip normal things, like scenes/etc, will take 10+ likely. Forget if you throw in doing any extra's.

I believe I played through the game twice and started a third campaign in leveling up all the weapons and getting the dance skill point. Honestly I didn't even really at the time mean to go all the way through a second time and beat it again, but it's just a well designed, fun game. And yes, like any game, after you beat it once you can plow through it a second time much faster.

It's one of the better PS3 games out there, hell look at its reviews, outside of people complaining they ditched multiplayer, the reviews were great. The biggest usual nitpick? They said it was to similar to previous games and didn't do anything new....well big deal, that's the majority of any franchise period or even any game in general out there (how many revolutionary titles and ideas can there be in a small amount of time?). So yeah, when you see the occasional 7 or 8 you can largely blow it off (if you like these kinds of games) because by that logic Halo 3 should've scored a 7 or 8 to from the same people, but it didn't (SHOCK, reviews for gigantic releases like GTA, Halo, etc are mostly bought).[/QUOTE]

Uhh.. just because you didn't think it was short doesn't mean someone else won't think it is. I wasn't expecting it to be as long as an RPG or Zelda type game, I just expected there to be more bang for my buck after I finished it. I thought it was a good game, but I was expecting more to do, or extended gameplay, not just replaying it to unlock skill points or max out weapons. I'm not used to R&C games (as I said in my original post), so that's why I was commenting on the length. There's no reason to call my opinion "fail" just because you don't agree with me on the length of the game.. lol, this isn't gamefaqs. I think it took me 6-8 hours to finish on my first playthrough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the games i already got for cheaper prices, Got Mgs 4 for $20 few months ago when radioshack had the clearance sale, still was hoping that uncharted would get to greatest hits,

Heavenly Sword is very likely a 'dead' IP. Ninja Theory's next game isn't a follow up AND they gave up PS3 only development..there's a post on Kotaku showing them sending back their PS3 dev kits or somesuch and Sony doesn't really need a in house game to compete with GOW. So they don't really have any cause to make it a GH.

R&C needs to be $20 and like yesterday.

R&C for $30? Shoot, I should've waited a year! :rofl:

I actually just beat it last month, and am playing it through again; not just for skill points, but because I completely forgot the story between the start and the finish, lol.

Wish it had trophies. I'm going for a platinum in Uncharted right now :)

Thx OP- great info. I beat MGS4, sold it, and have been itching for some more of it. Since this is posted on Sony's website by someone from Sony when they say "Oh, I can't go for less than $30" I can say "I'll wait a week or so and buy it new for that price" and drop the link bomb on them! :D

[quote name='Ecofreak']I dunno...don't practically all games drop in price over time?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. All games will eventually drop in price, especially big-name titles, because plenty of copies are printed, and they will linger in stores for a long time.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Haven't picked up MGS 4 so this might be a good time I'd say.[/QUOTE]

Yea cheapest I found lately was $29.99 USED at Consumer Depot, and I don't know much about them

[quote name='mburns2']guess it is to early to ask for little big planet eh[/QUOTE]

Or a little too late. Amazon had it as their DotD on Wednesday for $29.98. $26.98 after discount for ECA members.

Army of Two & BF:BC are both $19.99 at Walmart. so You can save if you want the reg verseion & not the Greatest Hits.

So how long does it usually take for stores to start selling the greatest hits deals?
Sonystyle has Ratchet & clank for 29.99 but not MGS4.

Also do most retailers offer the GH deals? Like gamestop?

[quote name='jh6269']So how long does it usually take for stores to start selling the greatest hits deals?
Sonystyle has Ratchet & clank for 29.99 but not MGS4.

Also do most retailers offer the GH deals? Like gamestop?[/QUOTE]

Most do, yeah. I picked up a copy of MGS4 today from Gamestop for $26 (used) so they already have the prices adjusted.

[quote name='Stoke']I picked up a copy of MGS4 today from Gamestop for $26 (used) so they already have the prices adjusted.[/QUOTE]

No, these are new games for $29.99 and they're in a red case (apparently)...
Sonystyle had the $29.99 price listed for MSG4, but when I put it in my cart, it was still $49.99.

[quote name='jh6269']No, these are new games for $29.99 and they're in a red case (apparently)...
Sonystyle had the $29.99 price listed for MSG4, but when I put it in my cart, it was still $49.99.[/QUOTE]

The price difference between new and used games at GS is usually 10%, i.e. a game is $59.99 new and $54.99 used.

Their website also reflects this correctly.

[quote name='menikmati']The price difference between new and used games at GS is usually 10%, i.e. a game is $59.99 new and $54.99 used.

Their website also reflects this correctly.[/QUOTE]

ok, I got it now...

MGS4 says backordered :( I may get Oblivion instead then..

bread's done
Back