GameStop - LittleBigPlanet & inFAMOUS
GameStop - MX vs ATV: Reflex, Little Big Planet & Infamous
GameStop - God Of War III, Little Big Planet & Infamous
Amazon, Frys - LittleBigPlanet GOTY & HDMI Cable
GameStop, Walmart - Infamous & LittleBigPlanet GOTY [pic]
Target - MLB 10: The Show
Target(link by Amazon) - MLB 10: The Show

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']That one's not near as good a deal. Basically $50 extra for a game you can buy for $40...[/QUOTE]

It has Infamous and God of War III. So you get two extra games beyond the standard LBP bundle (which doesn't include Infamous), for a $50 price. Infamous retails for $30 as a Greatest Hit, and God of War III is retailing for $40. So, a $20 savings on those two games.

any body have any questions let me know, i ended up biting on the LBP/Infamous 250 gig bundle at gamestop.... only paid 29 bones out of pocket!

did a return on a ds lite and traded in my last breath 60 gb.. not too bad!

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']any body have any questions let me know, i ended up biting on the LBP/Infamous 250 gig bundle at gamestop.... only paid 29 bones out of pocket!

did a return on a ds lite and traded in my last breath 60 gb.. not too bad![/QUOTE]

How much was that one? and was it in store?

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']any body have any questions let me know, i ended up biting on the LBP/Infamous 250 gig bundle at gamestop.... only paid 29 bones out of pocket!

did a return on a ds lite and traded in my last breath 60 gb.. not too bad![/QUOTE]

Is it a CECH-21xx?

[quote name='FireBearSafety23']How much was that one? and was it in store?[/QUOTE]

Its 350$. Mine was instore. I havent seen the bundle online anywhere.

[quote name='Vyrtigo']Is it a CECH-21xx?[/QUOTE]

I have the same bundle and its says CECH - 2001B.

[quote name='FireBearSafety23']If i am going to get a PS3 for the first time. What single player and multiplayer games should i get?[/QUOTE]

What type of games do you like? How much do you want to spend? Have you played MGS on PS2?

[quote name='FireBearSafety23']If i am going to get a PS3 for the first time. What single player and multiplayer games should i get?[/QUOTE]

Little Big Planet - Great game for both single and multiplayer
Uncharted 2 - The best game out this gen IMO. Brilliant single player and a strong multiplayer
Uncharted - Single player only but if you want to get into the story of Uncharted 2, play this first.
God of War 3 - No multiplayer but great single player if you like kicking ass and taking names.

Metal Gear Solid 4 if you are a Metal Gear fan but I doubt this is the case if you don't own a PS3 yet.

Heavy Rain is a fantastic game if you are looking for a new experience in gaming.

If you like the concept of Little Big Planet and enjoy a casual racing game then check out ModNation Racers for sure.

There are so many great games on the PS3 now, I could keep going and going. If I could only recommend one game it would be Uncharted 2. It is the best eye candy this generation by far as well.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I played a couple MGS on PS2. So i think i am going today, and picking up a PS3, and possibly UC, UC2, MGS4, and GoW3.

[quote name='FireBearSafety23']Thanks for all the advice guys. I played a couple MGS on PS2. So i think i am going today, and picking up a PS3, and possibly UC, UC2, MGS4, and GoW3.[/QUOTE]

GREAT games, you will have a blast playing all those.

I wanted to post on here because I came across something very strange and wanted to see if the forum community could weigh in on this for me?

I was looking for deals on PS3 consoles on Google today and came across a website called Onlineosite. I checked the website and they have a phone number, physical street address and are in the Continental US.

1 Does anyone know if this Company is legit?
2 Do these prices seem too low to you??
3 Do we have any knowledge about these guys?
4 Are they scammers?

[quote name='xripcurrent']I wanted to post on here because I came across something very strange and wanted to see if the forum community could weigh in on this for me?

I was looking for deals on PS3 consoles on Google today and came across a website called Onlineosite. I checked the website and they have a phone number, physical street address and are in the Continental US.

1 Does anyone know if this Company is legit?
2 Do these prices seem too low to you??
3 Do we have any knowledge about these guys?
4 Are they scammers?[/QUOTE]

$200 for a new 120gb ps3?!?
I'm pretty sure it is a scam.

Also, their street address belongs to "Mack's Trucking Ltd"
yea... run away

[quote name='wbc1228']$200 for a new 120gb ps3?!?
I'm pretty sure it is a scam.

Also, their street address belongs to "mack's trucking ltd"
yea... Run away[/quote]

omg???

Ok so, i went to gamestop today at waterford lakes in orlando. Gamestop had the 250gb ps3, with infamous and LBP, for $250!!!! But were sold out... I just guess it was a misprint.

I went to Costco just yesterday and they had the 120GB Slim bundled with Unchartered 1 and Blu-Ray remote for $329.

[quote name='Todd33']I'm trying to translate your post into English... You think the extra $50 for 120GB, LBP and an HDMI cable is a lot? Don't buy a 360 then, the HD prices are insane as is the Wi-Fi adapter.[/QUOTE]

Don't need the extra 120GB, I can get LBP for $10 and the HDMI cable for $7 shipped. Buy on amazon for no tax, which leads to $25 savings and there you go.

Don't need wi-fi adapter, use LAN cable.

[quote name='chopper731']Little Big Planet - Great game for both single and multiplayer
Uncharted 2 - The best game out this gen IMO. Brilliant single player and a strong multiplayer
Uncharted - Single player only but if you want to get into the story of Uncharted 2, play this first.
God of War 3 - No multiplayer but great single player if you like kicking ass and taking names.

Metal Gear Solid 4 if you are a Metal Gear fan but I doubt this is the case if you don't own a PS3 yet.

Heavy Rain is a fantastic game if you are looking for a new experience in gaming.

If you like the concept of Little Big Planet and enjoy a casual racing game then check out ModNation Racers for sure.

There are so many great games on the PS3 now, I could keep going and going. If I could only recommend one game it would be Uncharted 2. It is the best eye candy this generation by far as well.[/QUOTE]
Agree with this list & everything said in it 100%. Listen to this man!

[quote name='FireBearSafety23']Thanks for all the advice guys. I played a couple MGS on PS2. So i think i am going today, and picking up a PS3, and possibly UC, UC2, MGS4, and GoW3.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I saw the Uncharted/LBP:GOTY 250gb Slim bundle for $350 at my Wal*Mart yesterday as well. They only had 1. Also saw a LBP:GOTY with PS3 controller at Target for $60.

These pack-in deals pale in comparison to the various Black Friday bundles. I got the Amazon 120gb slim bundle with InFamous and Killzone 2(both $60 retail at the time) for $300, no tax free shipping and a $10 future purchase credit.

Still, no pack in deals since then for PS3 until now. By not offering any good bundles and creating a demand with a shortage, they really have everyone buzzing. Typical Sony marketing - but effective. Plus, if you don't have a PS3, November is a long time away!!

[quote name='sassylaurie']I saw the Uncharted/LBP:GOTY 250gb Slim bundle for $350 at my Wal*Mart yesterday as well. They only had 1.[/QUOTE]

Man I hope I can find one of these. I couldn't really care much for LBP, but Uncharted is something I definitely want and the LBP would just be icing on the cake. Makes me glad I still haven't opened that one I picked up from bestbuy a couple of weeks ago.

My walmart hasn't seen any ps3 bundles as of yet. Hopefully I can grab one. LBP and Uncharted are definitely 2 games I want to play. Probly pick up ModNation Racers too, looks like a fun game to play with the kiddos.

I suggest you get:

1) PS3 w/ LBP and Uncharted.
2) Extra red controller w/ GoW Collection (at GS).
3) Uncharted 2
4) Heavy Rain
5) God of War 3

Consider also: Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty (bought off the PSN), Modnation Racers, inFamous, Killzone 2.

I also rather like the Nyko Chargerbase 2 that allows for drop in recharging that does not require you to only charge them when the console is powered on.

That's what comes to mind. All imo.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I suggest you get:

1) PS3 w/ LBP and Uncharted.
2) Extra red controller w/ GoW Collection (at GS).
3) Uncharted 2
4) Heavy Rain
5) God of War 3

Consider also: Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty (bought off the PSN), Modnation Racers, inFamous, Killzone 2.

I also rather like the Nyko Chargerbase 2 that allows for drop in recharging that does not require you to only charge them when the console is powered on.

That's what comes to mind. All imo.[/QUOTE]

I got the PS3 250gb bundle that had LBP and Uncharted. I also picked up MGS4. I plan on going and getting God of War 3, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted soon. I might also pick up that controller bundle at gamestop.

Thank you for your advice. You guys know what games are worth getting, and are good.

[quote name='FireBearSafety23']I got the PS3 250gb bundle that had LBP and Uncharted. I also picked up MGS4. I plan on going and getting God of War 3, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted soon. I might also pick up that controller bundle at gamestop.

Thank you for your advice. You guys know what games are worth getting, and are good.[/QUOTE]

Heavy rain is highly hit or miss depending on your tastes. And while GoW3 is an amazing game there are sooooooo many great PS3 games like R&C and Infamous that I can not see paying $35+ for a game right now for it. Also, you should really be considering some downloadable titles like Pixeljunk Eden.

Sold my Wii and 8 games, 3 controllers, and my balance board for 271 GS credit with all the bonuses going on right now. Found another Wii with a few odds and ends for sale on CL for 80, which I turned into another 160 GS credit, so I bit on their father's day bundle in store (infamous and LBP) and ordered ghostbusters, bioshock and GoW collection online. Oh, and I reserved Lego Harry Potter for my girlfriend. All that, and I STILL have 30 bucks left in credit. ;)

New to CAG but did some research here before making my move to the PS3, thought I would chime in.

Just picked up the 250gb PS3 bundle from GS. It included the 250gb slim, inFAMOUS and LBP for 349.00. Also picked up RDR. Traded in the Wii, 360 and a bunch of accessories and still had 18.00 left over. After, I headed over to Toys R Us, and they had all PS3 and 360 games buy one get one 40% off. Picked up MLB 2010 and GOW III for 80.00.

DiGi

[quote name='graized']Sold my Wii and 8 games, 3 controllers, and my balance board for 271 GS credit with all the bonuses going on right now. Found another Wii with a few odds and ends for sale on CL for 80, which I turned into another 160 GS credit, so I bit on their father's day bundle in store (infamous and LBP) and ordered ghostbusters, bioshock and GoW collection online. Oh, and I reserved Lego Harry Potter for my girlfriend. All that, and I STILL have 30 bucks left in credit. ;)[/QUOTE]

Very nice. With that 30 bucks, you could get another decent game.

I personally recommend heavy rain, it's a sick game.

Also, for those not constraining themselves to exclusives, I recommend Batman: Arkham Asylum and Burnout Paradise. Two great games that can be found cheap now.

[quote name='womfalcs7']Also, for those not constraining themselves to exclusives, I recommend Batman: Arkham Asylum and Burnout Paradise. Two great games that can be found cheap now.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree with both of those. Do you like Legend of Zelda but wish the combat were like God of War and that instead of a sissy girlish-boy elf you were a horseman of the apocalypse? You might try Darksiders, too. :bouncy:

[quote name='womfalcs7']Also, for those not constraining themselves to exclusives, I recommend Batman: Arkham Asylum and Burnout Paradise. Two great games that can be found cheap now.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree with both of those. Do you like Legend of Zelda but wish the combat were like God of War and that instead of a sissy girlish-boy elf you were a horseman of the apocalypse? You might try Darksiders, too. :bouncy:

[quote name='MSI Magus']Heavy rain is highly hit or miss depending on your tastes. And while GoW3 is an amazing game there are sooooooo many great PS3 games like R&C and Infamous that I can not see paying $35+ for a game right now for it. Also, you should really be considering some downloadable titles like Pixeljunk Eden.[/QUOTE]

This is why I'd hit the 25deal + Edge+Saver option at GS.com.

Uncharted 2 w/ $10 gaming cr - $39.99 (Discounted to: $26.99)
God of War 3 w/ $10 gaming cr - $39.99 (Discounted to $26.99)
Heavy Rain - $49.99 (Discounted to $33.74)
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time $32.99 (Discounted to $22.27)

Total: $162.96 (But discounted down to $109.99)

Then you take your gaming credits you get from Uncharted 2 and God of War 3, you use them on inFamous (or Killzone 2) and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction. Each one of these games is $24.99 used.

It applies your Edge, then applies the $10 off. For less than $26, you get two of these three games.

Grand total: 134.97 (Plus Tax). Saver saves you shipping and handling costs.

Now personally, I think getting a PS3 Slim with Uncharted and LBP, then getting a red controller with God of War Collection for $5 extra is a good deal.

Then tossing in nearly every universally awesome exclusive from the last year or so on the PS3 for another $134.97 (add another 22 if you want Killzone 2, too) is pretty awesome imo.

Fine print: This is all assuming you do 25Deal in the next day before it expires, that you don't wind up with a bad disc (though Blu-ray discs have a coating that USUALLY prevents this and you could always swap it out at your local GS if it were defective), that you don't mind playing used games, that you don't mind waiting about a week for your games from GS.com (plus a few more days waiting for your gaming credits to show after the initial order), and that all these games remain in stock.

I doubt anyone with a PS3 with Uncharted, Uncharted 2, inFamous, Little Big Planet GOTY, God of War Collection, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and potentially Killzone 2 would lack for quality entertainment for... at least a month. At least. ;)

All imo.

[quote name='brucewayne12']Are these going to come with the old-school cables for non-HD TV's?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Except for the amazon bundle with the HDMI cable. But as it's been pointed out many times before, HDMI cables can be had very inexpensively.

Given the cheap price of HDMI cables and my lack of an HDTV (for now), I'd rather have the regular cables. No deal is ever perfect, just sufficient.

[quote name='Crass']Given the cheap price of HDMI cables and my lack of an HDTV (for now), I'd rather have the regular cables. No deal is ever perfect, just sufficient.[/QUOTE]
Same here...so are these bundles coming with both the regular and the HDMI cables, or do certain sets come with one or the other?

All bundles come with regular cables unless they're bundled up with an HDMI cable. I recommend the Amazon brand HDMI cable which supports 1.4 and 3d. I would avoid Infamous unless you're a comic book lover or open world fan. The game is very repetitive.

Snagged an Infamous/LBP:GOTY bundle at gamestop for $350 (a lot less after trades.)

Notes:
--No HDMI cable
--Not the newest 40nm GPU version, which I'm a little miffed about, but that was my fault for not checking.

Out of Walmart and Gamestop, I've only seen the 2001 models. One guy at Gamestop almost got upset at me, didn't even know where to check on the box, it says right on the side bottom corner.

[quote name='Mad39er']Out of Walmart and Gamestop, I've only seen the 2001 models. One guy at Gamestop almost got upset at me, didn't even know where to check on the box, it says right on the side bottom corner.[/QUOTE]FYI, the model number is listed on at least three different locations on the box. It shouldn't be hard at all for these employees.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I posted that a while back, but it never got added to the OP.[/QUOTE]

I post it in my thread, in the first page of the first post. Thanks.

[quote name='ddp72984']best buy is doing one with Uncharted 2:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...eves/1007046.p?id=1218207657562&skuId=1007046[/QUOTE]

This is the one I would go with especially if you have to pay tax on Amazon(where it applies). This is really the only game you need since the MP is so addictive. I have played this game pretty much all the time since I bought it last Oct. and have over 150 hours invested into it. I have played a few other games and completed them MW1, R&C TOD, RDR(haven't finished) and HR. UC2 is just so addictive that I just keep going back to it.

bread's done
Back