New PS3 with weird problem

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!
Ok this is really annoying me. Im trying to play uncharted 2 and it keeps giving me this update thing and i press ok and it make this noise like its reading the disc, and then it goes to the update thing and it shows the % and stuff and after a certain percent, it just stops for 2-3 mins and then gives me this message that says an error occured and then some other stuff and then in parenthese a number that starts with 8. This ps3 is only 1 week old i got in on black friday, its the slim. Its really annoying me :(

[quote name='espy605']You need to write down the exact error code.[/QUOTE]

THIS. 1000x this. Luckily for me whenever I had an error code pop up I had my PC sitting right next to me so I could just Google the code.

Have you tried restoring the file system, OP?

Turn on the PS3 using the reset/power button, then hold it till it shuts off a first time. Then repeat and keep holding till you hear 4 beeps the next time, after the fourth beep(which will come after the third really quick)let go of the power button and it'll prompt you to plug in your controller via USB cable.

Once you do that, press the PS button, then it should bring up a menu, select option 3(restore file system) and let that run. The PS3 will restart after it's done.

Then try doing the update again for U2.

Did you download the 3.10 firmware update already, OP? If so, this may be yet another error to come out of it.

If the above fix doesn't help or fix the problem, then call Sony(1-800-345-SONY(7669)) and explain to them what's happening.

turn off the media server should help they ship with it turned on tick it off and you should see improvement

bread's done
Back