New psp go user

pats0132

CAG Veteran
I just got a new psp go and was wondering if there are any recommended games or if their are any websites to get free games or something? thanks for the help

[quote name='pats0132']I just got a new psp go[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry.

was wondering if there are any recommended games

Valkyria Chronicles 2 should be your first purchase, then Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. Those two will keep you busy for a while.

are any websites to get free games or something?
Unless the site is giving away download codes, any talk about free games for the PSP Go will be in reference to illegal activities.

Unfortunately the serious downside of the PSP Go, is that not all games are on the PSN to download, that includes Lumines I & II, Crisis Core: FF7, and even the latest Kingdom Hearts.

However there are good games from Atlus worth picking up, like SMT: Persona and P3P, Half-minute Hero.

[quote name='skyknight']Unfortunately the serious downside of the PSP Go, is that not all games are on the PSN to download, that includes Lumines I & II, Crisis Core: FF7, and even the latest Kingdom Hearts.

However there are good games from Atlus worth picking up, like SMT: Persona and P3P, Half-minute Hero.[/QUOTE]

It appears that the UFC game is also not on the PSN store.

the comic books are really cool. There's alot of classic ps1 games. Motostorm is 1. There's actually quite a bite of content there. peacewalker is great. gow, I don't know if The Force Unleashed is on psn, but that is fantastic on the psp. 3 syphon filter games. Race games are great on the psp. I find them harder to play on the Ds. Modnation is good, too.

Congrats on the Go, it is a fantastic system.

Some of my personal favorites on PSN would be:

LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Gurumin
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge
Killzone Liberation
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Burnout Legends

There are also plenty of other games worth picking up. Sony has really picked up the pace with digital distribution, with many games dropping to the $9.99 price and many sales from week to week. Don't forget about PS1 games and Minis as well. Check out the PSN store and see what you may be interested in.

Will new games like metal gear solid go down in price? Or will it be 39.99 for awhile? Just wondering if it is something i should wait for the price to go down while i play little big planet and what not. Thanks so much for the advice and seems like alot of rpg games are really great. Like disegea, patapon and some others.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Congrats on the Go, it is a fantastic system.

Some of my personal favorites on PSN would be:

LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Gurumin
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge
Killzone Liberation
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Burnout Legends

There are also plenty of other games worth picking up. Sony has really picked up the pace with digital distribution, with many games dropping to the $9.99 price and many sales from week to week. Don't forget about PS1 games and Minis as well. Check out the PSN store and see what you may be interested in.[/QUOTE]

All good suggestions - I would add

- Pixeljunk Monsters - GREAT game - lots of game for cheap.
- Pinball Heroes - all the different boards thye have are good stuff, and cheap.
- Check out the minis section, all small games for cheap also. Currently I am enjoying Alien Zombie Death

A few suggestions

Minis:

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess
Age of Zombies

PSN:

Valkyria Chronicles II
Disgaea
Disgaea 2
Half-Minute Hero
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?

PSOne Classics:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Um Jammer Lammy
Final Fantasies
Resident Evil 1-3

Suikoden is on sale in the PSN for $2.99 too until tomorrow or something. Also got Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and Tactics, Grandia, Wild Arms 1 & 2, Jeanne D'arc, Lunar and Yggdra Union on the RPG side.

Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders, Savage Moon and Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe on the Tower Defense side. Monsters(Probably?!) Stole My Princess, Patchwork Heroes and a crap ton of Minis available are also good.

The new Kingdom hearts is good... oh wait
Ah, Lumines! One of the best puzzlers on the PSP! Oh, crap...

Seriously why get a Go?

Pretty sure there's a demo of Monster Hunter Unite. Try it, some people love it, some don't. Spent over 300 hours on it myself.

anyone have a top ten mini list? Are they on Metacritic? Another question, Are there alot of players online for fat princess? I kinda want to get it. A ps1 game i mentioned above.......i gave out the wrong title. It's not motostorm. It's Moto something, though........great race game.

edit jet moto

edit edit......found frisky's mini thread, thnxs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Phantasy Star Portable 1 & 2
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (If you don't have the console version, it's the exact same with the addition of "Legion Mode")
SMT: Persona & Persona 3 Portable
Tekken 6
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
DJ Max Fever
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
PSone games:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy VIII & IX
Metal Gear Solid
King of Fighters '99
Street Fighter Alpha
GaiaSeed