New PSPs can be preordered at Amazon.com

hmm wonder if i should preorder this from amazon or use up some of my credit at FYE (if they'll even carry this...guess I can ask them to order it in for me). Orrr...if I should just use up my credit for mgs4 next year or something and get the no tax free shipping from amazon lol

So, besides the game and the color of the PSP lite, what else is different between the bundle and the PSP console only package?

Notice that the SW bundle is available in October while the Dexter is in September...

Woo, I would love a ceramic white psp but not with Darth Vader's freaking head on it! I'll most likely grab a Daxter bundle, but I would love to see the Crisis Core PSP bundle released here.

edit: Hey Serpentor, I believe the Daxter bundle also comes with the Family Guy movie and a 1GB memory stick. I'm not sure though.

[quote name='Moses144']You might want to change the links so that cheapyD gets a cut instead of slickdeals.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for real...

[quote name='phear3d']never preordered at amazon. do they charge your credit card right away?[/quote]

No, they charge when it ships.

And don't use those links above. Find a link that has the proper referral codes so that CAG gets the referral bonus and not SD.

Thanks for the heads up, I've been checking for dates and prices on these things for several weeks now. The Daxter bundle is the best deal since it comes with the 1 gig of memory right? I don't like platformers or Family Guy though.

I'm in the same boat. I really want the silver model but I hate Daxter and Family Guy. I also recently picked up a 1GB MS at Wal-Mart for $12.

I had heard a rumor on a PSP blog that the Silver Unit may come in a core pack as well. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Maybe you've heard this rumor and remember its source.

[quote name='Moses144']You might want to change the links so that cheapyD gets a cut instead of slickdeals.[/quote]

Change it!

Yeah, i read somewhere that the Dexter bundle comes with 1g mem stick, game and a FG UMD. However, i'm not sure that's the case... The $30 difference hardly make up all of the mentioned items... Not to mention it's icy silver... i dig the color! But i'll be pissed if it doesn't come with the stuffs even though i don't need them...

Daxter is an awesome game, I dont understand how people can hate it.

I'm probably getting the Silver one eventually. I like Daxter, and the 1GB memory stick is good. I'll be getting rid of Family Guy though.

[quote name='donut']Change it![/quote]

ok. I will. i jsut got back. i saw this on slick deals and linked to it so hold on and I will.

[quote name='msuna']ok. I will. i jsut got back. i saw this on slick deals and linked to it so hold on and I will.[/quote]

No worries...I took care of it ;)

I'm waiting til I can feel it in my hand to decide if its worth buying. Considering I'd make like $110 off my current PSP value pack, if that, the new model better feel A LOT more comfortable as a controller...

Off Topic, but kinda funny

My Amazon is showing the "Better Together" (What you should order with the PSP) as below

Buy this item with Nintendo DS Lite Onyx Black by Nintendo today!
Buy Together Today: $329.98

Saw that too... but it's no deal really, i don't see how's that save you any moola... the DS is still $129.99....

i'll be pre-ordering the icy silver PSP lite shortly. GoW, Chain of Olympic, bring it on!

not that i need the new PSP to play it, just want to play it on the new PSP :)

i'll leave my PSP phat as it is...

I'm waiting for the Icy Silver Core Pack too. I don't have Daxter, but I do have a 4GB Memory Stick so paying for yet another 1GB stick (I have an old one already) seems like a total waste to me.

Is the color the only difference between these and the current PSPs?

Plus I would suspect that these new models might be more hack resistant. Maybe the current models will later become worth something because they'll still be hackable?

I want the Darth Vader one and I'm not even a huge star wars fan (more like sub-casual) I just like the design :drool:

So are those the only colors we're gonna get in the US?

We're not getting, the blue, purple, or pink?

I really want that purple one.

Thing is, the bundles don't come out until October 23rd. I'm just going to buy the black one and get it on September 10th. I can always buy Star Wars if it's any good later. And I don't want vader's head on my PSP!

[quote name='cybersalad']And I don't want vader's head on my PSP![/quote]
Would you prefer his badly burnt penis?

whats the latest on dead pixels with the PSP. At launch a couple years ago, it was a big deal -- did Sony fix this? I don't know if I'd buy one mail order without a easy way to swap it.

[quote name='davidmt']whats the latest on dead pixels with the PSP. At launch a couple years ao, it was a big deal -- did Sony fix this? I don't know if I'd buy one mail order without a easy way to swap it.[/quote]

All I've heard was that if you had a warranty when you bought it and it hadn't expired you could swap em at the store...other than that I never heard anything about sony replacing them

[quote name='flount']Is the color the only difference between these and the current PSPs?

Plus I would suspect that these new models might be more hack resistant. Maybe the current models will later become worth something because they'll still be hackable?[/QUOTE]
Thinner
Lighter
Double the Ram
New speaker placement
TV-Out
Minor tweaks
Better battery life
New UMD drawer

[quote name='M3wThr33']Thinner
Lighter
Double the Ram
New speaker placement
TV-Out
Minor tweaks
Better battery life
New UMD drawer[/QUOTE]

The battery life on the PSP Slim is exactly the same as the current PSP; however, shortly after it's released, SONY will be selling a larger panel for the back, which will be able to house the battery that's in the current PSP, thus extending the battery life.

In other words, the only way that the PSP Slim will have a longer battery life is if you buy the add-on panel to make it possible to use the current PSP battery.

Confusing, eh? What else did you expect from SONY? Have they EVER made things clear to their consumers? Heck, according to the NPD, less than half of PS3 owners even know that their console plays Blu-Ray movies...

Yeah seriously--I think this PSP Slim is a poorly thought out device. But I use mine enough (lately, at least) to want the slim design and faster load times. But geez--what a minor upgrade. And the battery fiasco is just ridiculous. Now I'm going to have to deal with a lopsided PSP once the 'hump' comes out.

Man I was really thinking about the new PSP, but the battery thing is dissapointing. It seems to have a lot of quality games now, but I'm not sure I will use two portables. I will just get the core though, the bundles seem filled with stuff I don't need (FG) or would get better (memory stick).

Tempting, I was playing Brave story today (pretty good RPG BTW) and I was home anyway, wouldve been nice to pipe it to my TV.

However I don't know if I want to lose homebrew roms just yet. Playing Neogeo on the psp is great.

[quote name='ZCG']I thought there was a Final Fantasy version coming out. Any news on that?[/quote]

Japan-only.

[quote name='opportunity777']When someone hacks this, then I'll be in on this. I just can't go back to loading times.[/quote]

Had to change that for you.

You know the onboard memory boost should help the loading times right (I know that's why I don't play Metal Slug anymore)?

while I like to get a white PSP, the deal doesn't seem that great to me. I really don't care about the Vader head on the back as it looks like its on the battery cover and maybe later down the road you can buy a replacement cover with not vader on it.

PSP's short battery life was the main complaint against the system. Why wouldn't sony fix this problem in the redesign?

[quote name='rumblebear']PSP's short battery life was the main complaint against the system. Why wouldn't sony fix this problem in the redesign?[/QUOTE]

Actually, the main complaints were dead pixels, poor load times and a lack of must-have games. Battery life was kind of on the back burner, but it's been already been mentioned a couple of times in this thread.

The semi-crappy battery wasn't really that much of an issue (at least for me). I am actually not effected by it at all because 3+ hours is more than enough time. I can't even stand looking at the screen any longer than that without significant eyestrain.

[quote name='AwRy108']Confusing, eh? What else did you expect from SONY? Have they EVER made things clear to their consumers? Heck, according to the NPD, less than half of PS3 owners even know that their console plays Blu-Ray movies...[/QUOTE]
The same survey showed that even fewer Xbox 360 owners knew about their console's HD capabilities, so I don't think you can place the blame for that on Sony. Heck, LOTS of people are watching SDTV on their HDTVs and they don't even know it.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Had to change that for you.

You know the onboard memory boost should help the loading times right (I know that's why I don't play Metal Slug anymore)?[/QUOTE]
Actually, that doesn't appear to be the case, at least if Jack Tretton knows what he was talking about. He said in a Gizmodo video interview that future games could take advantage of the extra RAM, but that it basically wouldn't do anything for games that weren't programmed to use it.

Anyway, I sold my Japanese ceramic white PSP in anticipation of the new models (I have a regular black one with custom firmware on it, so I'm not too worried about whether the new ones will be compatible -- I just plan to use the Sony firmware on it). They new models aren't the quantum leap that a lot of people expected (foolishly in my opinion -- getting rid of UMDs? not likely) but they should be a nice upgrade.

bread's done
Back