New RadioShack Trade-in program

[quote name='pinebarrens']A couple other games I'll be taking up tomorrow:

FEAR 3- $14
Red Faction Armageddon $14[/QUOTE]

Those are mediocre ($2-$5) flips at best, and you're stuck with radioshack credit. Unless you're looking to pay the highest possible prices for electronic components, it's blech.

Amazon's TIV on both those (or gamestops/BB's with a good promo) will net you more actual product in exchange.

I was using the store locator to see where my closest store was and if they accept trades (I wasn't sure if all accepted them or not like some Target stores don't take games). It listed my closest RadioShack that closed over 3 years ago.

[quote name='kklems']I submitted an $65 trade and will see how it goes. They only accept 5 games per transaction BTW.[/QUOTE]
did you try 3/4/5 identical games?

[quote name='xenozfan2']They are givimg $12 for dc univerce online. Since I got it for free I might as well trade it in. And Mass Effect 2 has a $12 tiv too.[/QUOTE]

Looked it up. Seems legit. Old guy at my local Radioshack won't know anything. Thanks for the heads up.

FIFA 11 for PS3 trades in for $22.xx (It was $7.99 during that BBY clearance in December).

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm.... amazon has duke nukem for 12 shipped. MONEY MAKER! It allows you to add any game more than once to the trade in online cart... Essentailly get unlimited radioshack credit for 40% off.

[quote name='baz8771']hmmmm.... amazon has duke nukem for 12 shipped. MONEY MAKER! It allows you to add any game more than once to the trade in online cart... Essentailly get unlimited radioshack credit for 40% off.[/QUOTE]
I see amazon Duke for $14 shipped, RS trades for $20, so it's a 30% off RS giftcards.

*Edit, as mentioned below, I see it's the :360: that brings profit maximization. As always.

[quote name='TooPoor']I see amazon Duke for $14 shipped, RS trades for $20, so it's a 30% off RS giftcards.[/QUOTE]
Use prime, buy the xbox version.
12$ for Duke, 20$ RS. 8$.
40%

[quote name='xRandizzy']ps3 trade-in for Duke Nukeem Forever $20? LULZ WHAT?[/QUOTE]

inb4 someone order 100 duke nukem from amazon, then radioshack tells them it was a error or they only accept a certain number of trade ins.

Shoulda bought 10 Dukes when they were $5 at BB :)

They have a few games for trade-in worth 20+ and they sell Consoles. Bit too risky for me to try and flip for credit but if people have multiple copies of Vanquish, Transformers: War For Cybertron, The Sims, Splatterhouse, Singularity, Shaun White Skateboardin, Nail'd, FIFA 11, F1 201, Duke Nukem, Dirt 3, they can get $20+ for each in trade-in credit.

Guess I'll take DC Universe to them, haha.

Wonder if they have gift cards to iTunes or Amazon up front like almost every store on the planet nowadays. This might be a good way to get XBL or PSN credit too, if they have those.

I'm hoping that the credit can be used online as they have a few games listed including Mass Effect 3.

Plus I can finally dump my $5 copy of Brink for $10.80 SOLD!

Some very good trade-in values!! Thanks for the update, never knew radio shack did trade ins. There's one 2 minutes from my house! Hope they know about these deals!

Enslaved Journey to the west (xbox) gets $17.10

not bad considering I grabbed a copy from Best buy used for $5 shipped

EDIT: Whooah! Vanquish for PS3 gets $25.20!! I also grabbed a copy of that for $5

did the age of flipping just come back because of this? Hmmm but dang they give $30 for MW3 which is more than any store currently offer for that game. Saw Vanquish for $10 at target so I might grab that and flip as well. Though if they only give store credit it would kind of suck because i'll have to buy games from their website. Hopefully they have good giftcard selection.

Wow, an Xbox 360 elite 120 GB gets "as much as" $0.00, while the non-elite phats get "as much as" $50.87!

LOL, I'll give you $5 for your Xbox 360 Kinect, while Radioshack gives you "as much as" $4.56!
I'll also take your Halo Edition 20 GB Xbox 360 for a $1 that's more than what Radioshack will give you $0.00!

They want you to be charitable to Radioshack by taking $0.00 for your original Xbox and Xbox 360 hard drive. Shoot I'll give you all $0.01 for your old phat 360 hard drives! lol

[quote name='Velo214']i found some good values, don't know why everyone is upset. do they give you giftcards tho?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they put my credit on a gift card.

I love how this thread's torn. You've half of everyone saying "Worst TiVs I've ever seen", then the other half is buying games less than half the price elsewhere, and trading them in for a profit.

All the naysayers are blind, and/or stupid.

Yes, the TiVs are pathetically bad. But there is potential, why neglect it?

I also have to admit, the list of tags above the OP are hilarious.

Could it be? Finally, the sequel to FYE trade-in flipping. Long have I hoped for the day I can trade in 160 copies of something like Drake XBox like I did at FYE and make a killing in return.

[quote name='pinebarrens']Traded in Duke Nukem today for $20.70. Not too bad.[/QUOTE]

Cool. So they gave you the exact online price at the store? They didnt make up their own values based on what the store manager feels like offering?

Who needs transistor radios on the cheap! lol. j/k. I actually purchase things there from time to time (including my wife's iphone).

That said, I cannot recall if they had psn cards which is what I'm really after. I'm going to do a recon run to my store around lunch. If I call and ask about game trade ins they'll tell me I'm nuts.

RS Employee here, yeah most of these are shit.

The trade in value is predetermined by the system, nothing we can really set.

Your stores should have XBL and PSN cards if you want to scam the system and use the credit to buy these - it's highly recommended.

Todays gonna be a long day. I'm going to buy like 10 duke nukems and flip them for a profit. How many of one game will they take in store? I already got a shipping label for 10, (takes 3-4 weeks to get giftcard :p) Anyone?

[quote name='HeeroJay']RS Employee here, yeah most of these are shit.

The trade in value is predetermined by the system, nothing we can really set.

Your stores should have XBL and PSN cards if you want to scam the system and use the credit to buy these - it's highly recommended.
[/QUOTE]

thats not a bad idea. Thanks.

I know a radioshack next door to a gamestop. Thinking of raiding the L.A. noires later. Shame we didnt know of this sooner & cleaned out gamefly stock of 8$ noires

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lmao at the tags. I think ill add one myself :)[/QUOTE]Bad idea.

All the junk tags have been removed. Let's not add more junk tags to the thread and risk getting silenced/banned, shall we?

bread's done
Back