NEW Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360/PS3) - $29.99 @ Gamestop

[quote name='Lugi']It's just a "hot" sale cause the GOTY version is coming out. Meaning check the back of Targets when the GOTY version does drop.[/QUOTE]

has the GOTY version been announced yet? I mean officially, I've been holding out on this game hoping for the possibility that they'll put out a GOTY or complete edition like they did for GTA IV

[quote name='LazyTriangle']has the GOTY version been announced yet? I mean officially, I've been holding out on this game hoping for the possibility that they'll put out a GOTY or complete edition like they did for GTA IV[/QUOTE]

me too, but now im considering just buying the dlc now since its on sale for 1000 points, and then waiting for a $20 or less copy of rdr

Is anybody getting the code to work anymore? I'm getting the error that's been mentioned earlier in the thread.

Perhaps because it's a sale and not a price drop, the code isn't working?

I used the $10 code and my order shipped today. Just downloaded all the DLC (that was on sale on XBL) so I get a GOTY edition for about $35. Nice.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']has the GOTY version been announced yet? I mean officially, I've been holding out on this game hoping for the possibility that they'll put out a GOTY or complete edition like they did for GTA IV[/QUOTE]

Not that I've seen. Hoping for a new release on PC when they refresh it as a GOTY on consoles. Like the guy above, I think a GOTY MIGHT at the very least lead to some nice clearance deals at Target.

Think I'll wait for that since I waited this long to play it. This $30+tax deal isn't as good as the amazon deals during the holidays imo. The longer I wait, the easier it is to wait longer.

Thank you, A used copy that I can play since my xbox 360 fell and my disc broke about a month ago. Now its just a fallen soldier :(

One of the Gamestops near me in Short Pump, VA has the game on sale for $29.99.

So it may be that "online only" price on the website isn't true.

I ordered this yesterday to ship to my college dorm. My billing information is set to my mother's house. Gamestop wouldn't ship the order until I called them from the phone number set under my billing information. They wanted me to go to my mother's house and call them to verify the order before they shipped it. I cancelled the order and immediately ordered from Amazon for the same price. I actually saved a few dollars because Gamestop has to charge tax and Amazon doesn't. I also get free two day shipping from Amazon from the Amazon Prime Student promotion from a few months ago.

[quote name='Alazam']I ordered this yesterday to ship to my college dorm. My billing information is set to my mother's house. Gamestop wouldn't ship the order until I called them from the phone number set under my billing information. They wanted me to go to my mother's house and call them to verify the order before they shipped it. I cancelled the order and immediately ordered from Amazon for the same price. I actually saved a few dollars because Gamestop has to charge tax and Amazon doesn't. I also get free two day shipping from Amazon from the Amazon Prime Student promotion from a few months ago.[/QUOTE]
And then your Aunt Sally made fun of your side burns and you got all embarassed.

[quote name='wargod']LOL Gamestop and wal-mart.com charging tax......time to get with the program already. :lol:[/QUOTE]

They HAVE to charge tax as required by the states. Any retailer that has physical stores in that state must charge tax on any order they receive.

[quote name='Stele']And then your Aunt Sally made fun of your side burns and you got all embarassed.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the hell your post is supposed to mean. However, I am a grown man working on my 3rd college degree on my way to an eventual PhD. How many degrees do you have? Let me guess, ZERO...

[quote name='Alazam']They HAVE to charge tax as required by the states. Any retailer that has physical stores in that state must charge tax on any order they receive.[/QUOTE]

Well ya....it was a joke. Hence the reason why you went with Amazon to save on taxes, essentially proving the point I was making. Now if you do have those sideburns that Stele so eloquently put, by all means get them shaved ASAP.

[quote name='Joseph Condello']I dont understand why I keep failing with this $10 off code. How can some of us get it and others can't!?!?[/QUOTE]
Because the $10 off codes have been invalidated for a while now. They worked for a bit, then GS caught the error and made them not work. So unless you got in early on the deal you're likely NOT going to get it to work.

For those that want to know the final price used:

USED: $24.99

EDGE Card Discount - - $2.50

CAG16 - 16% - $3.60

Sub-Total: $18.89

Handling: $2.99

Free shipping on orders over $20 - $2.99

Estimated Tax: $1.75

Order Total: $20.64

is this $24.99, or $26.99 in-store????

I ask because I have Dead Space and Just Cause 2 to trade in since the 50% extra towards pre-owned game is still going on, i want to take advantage of it!

[quote name='wargod']For those that want to know the final price used:

USED: $24.99

EDGE Card Discount - - $2.50

CAG16 - 16% - $3.60

Sub-Total: $18.89

Handling: $2.99

Free shipping on orders over $20 - $2.99

Estimated Tax: $1.75

Order Total: $20.64[/QUOTE]

does b2g1f also work with that?

[quote name='wargod']LOL Gamestop and wal-mart.com charging tax......time to get with the program already. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Be lucky you aren't in NYS. Even Amazon charges tax here, 8% to be exact. I think Newegg might be the only retailer left defying New York and not taxing online.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Be lucky you aren't in NYS. Even Amazon charges tax here, 8% to be exact. I think Newegg might be the only retailer left defying New York and not taxing online.[/QUOTE]

This.

That's why I check Newegg video game deals all the time.

[quote name='Alazam']Not sure what the hell your post is supposed to mean. However, I am a grown man working on my 3rd college degree on my way to an eventual PhD. How many degrees do you have? Let me guess, ZERO...[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you failed your Sense of Humor class, huh?

GS only allow me to order if my shipping and billing address are exactly the same. Which is a failure because I live outside the US, and that's why most of my money goes to amazon :)

Figured I'd repost what I posted in the Weekly AD thread since this is where it's the most relevant, in short someone was right about it being a "hot sale":

Oh that clever Gamestop, while RDR for $30 may seem like a good deal if you haven't picked it up already (I was incredibly tempted myself), a google search revealed they recently posted this on their website: I can't post links? ;_; http: //www. gamestop com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89394

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Figured I'd repost what I posted in the Weekly AD thread since this is where it's the most relevant, in short someone was right about it being a "hot sale":

Oh that clever Gamestop, while RDR for $30 may seem like a good deal if you haven't picked it up already (I was incredibly tempted myself), a google search revealed they recently posted this on their website: I can't post links? ;_; http: //www. gamestop com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89394

Hmm, after reading how you guys have gotten the standard version for $20 (with tax + shipping), and the DLC being on sale for $12 for 3 packs (I think that's the price.), this ultimately might be the better buy as opposed to $40 for a GotY edition (expected MSRP), especially if the GotY edition only comes with vouchers, even if it includes ALL 5 DLC packs. However, if it comes with both the game disc and the Undead Nightmare Disc (with all DLC included, which is like $30 MSRP for some reason x_X), I'd prefer the physical media despite the slight additional cost. We need moar detailz nao!

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Hmm, after reading how you guys have gotten the standard version for $20 (with tax + shipping), and the DLC being on sale for $12 for 3 packs (I think that's the price.), this ultimately might be the better buy as opposed to $40 for a GotY edition (expected MSRP), especially if the GotY edition only comes with vouchers, even if it includes ALL 5 DLC packs. However, if it comes with both the game disc and the Undead Nightmare Disc (with all DLC included, which is like $30 MSRP for some reason x_X), I'd prefer the physical media despite the slight additional cost. We need moar detailz nao![/QUOTE]
My order had free shipping on it because they had a promo going on where game/accessory orders that were at least $20 shipped free and my $2.65 I had left on a gift card paid for the tax on my order and then some.;)

Now I just have to hit up Best Buy and see if I can get a refund on the one I bought with the B2G1.:lol:

[quote name='Alazam']I ordered this yesterday to ship to my college dorm. My billing information is set to my mother's house. Gamestop wouldn't ship the order until I called them from the phone number set under my billing information. They wanted me to go to my mother's house and call them to verify the order before they shipped it. I cancelled the order and immediately ordered from Amazon for the same price. I actually saved a few dollars because Gamestop has to charge tax and Amazon doesn't. I also get free two day shipping from Amazon from the Amazon Prime Student promotion from a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

GS only allow me to order if my shipping and billing address are exactly the same. Which is a failure because I live outside the US, and that's why most of my money goes to best retailer online ever: amazon :)

bread's done
Back