New Resident Evil film coming, but in...

tenzor

CAGiversary!
CG

hopefully they actually use Resident Evil [SIZE=-1]characters[/SIZE] from the series, and do a store that tells what happens in between the games or something. Looks like Capcom is going to have a lot more input in this film then in the other three movies.

link:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/831/831227p1.html

edit 1: just notice the article talks about it being a CG Toon Film, hopefully they make it like CG like Final Fantasy AC or from the videogame cutscenes

CG Toon Film

CGI films have nothing to do with Cartoons or whatever your word is for Animation at all. All they do is create a background add some Models animate then video tape. It is like recording a home movie but everything is in 3d and not real life.

All the previous movies had nothing to do with CAPCOM at all besides profit.
They are just riding the FF7 gravey train in hopes of gaining profits. For me the Gamecube game was good enough as a CGI film.

[quote name='gamegal']CGI films have nothing to do with Cartoons or whatever your word is for Animation at all. All they do is create a background add some Models animate then video tape. It is like recording a home movie but everything is in 3d and not real life.

All the previous movies had nothing to do with CAPCOM at all besides profit.
They are just riding the FF7 gravey train in hopes of gaining profits. For me the Gamecube game was good enough as a CGI film.[/QUOTE]

Good lord, it's like RegalSin Part Deux.

A CG Resident Evil movie could be awesome. Im excited for this. I like the Milla Jovovich RE movies, but they barely have anything to do with Resident Evil.

it's more than likely going to be more like FF:AC or Beowulf in design than the average Pixar movie.

This has the potential to awesome, I'm just hoping it's a new story within the RE universe, not a retelling or re-imagining of the RE universe.

For some reason a couple chicks I know love these movies despite never playing the games.

I've only seen a bit of one and it looked like crap from what I could tell.

Anyways, I'll just say they don't have the best taste in movies by any means.

It would be interesting to see a more RE involved story, since RE5 looks like it will follow RE4's lead in diverging off the beaten path, what with Africa and all.

my girlfriend really liked the resident evil movies too and she never played the games

i thought 1 was pretty good, 2 was pretty bad, 3 was hilarious and I couldn't take it seriously

Video game movies have a pretty bad track record so my expectations are pretty low. Its sad that I'm saying this because I am a CG artists and I always look forward to see a pretty good CG film come out.

At least there are no talking animals in this film.

The good thing about this movie, no Paul Anderson linked to it. Hopefully that means no Alice in the movie and they stick with characters from the games.

bread's done
Back