(new) romance of three kingdoms VII - XII $19.99 - $39.99 @ gamestop.com reprint?

[quote name='h4mx0r']Why is this thread marked PS3? I thought these are PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

I havn't been gaming on ps2 since the last year

I think they might be experiencing a site glitch or maybe they really did find massive quantities of old PS2 games. They are showing old titles like Silent Scope and the Bouncer as new in stock. There are something like 350 new PS2 games listed that haven't been avaiable in years.

I would a little wary about buying older "new" games from Gamestop.com. People in the past have gotten re-sealed or flat out opened gut copies from them.

Been trying to find a copy of Tales Of The Abyss for PS2 at a reasonable price without getting gouged on Ebay. Gamestop had the best price (used) but they were NEVER in. All the sudden every Gamestop in town has them all at once (that is 5 Gamestops). This game was hard to find not to long ago an all the sudden they have a flood of them coming in. Wonder if this is the same?

[quote name='Rozz']I would a little wary about buying older "new" games from Gamestop.com. People in the past have gotten re-sealed or flat out opened gut copies from them.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. Anything I have ever ordered "new" that was more than a few months old from Gamestop.com has always come opened with stickers on it saying "new". It's possible they just recalled a bunch of PS2 stock from their stores and are selling it as "new" despite being gutted.

man i really wish a new romance of the three kingdoms game was released for the 360/ps3...this thread got my hopes up for a sec there

Interesting find on the sudden PS2 restocks. I'm tempted to bite on a couple of them, but I agree that it's fishy that these just came out of nowhere, and wouldn't be surprised if they're gutted/resealed with the "new" stickers on them. I suppose worst case scenario is that I take a trip to a nearby store to return them though, if that ends up being the case.

you guys do remember that blockbuster is dying/restructuring right? It's possible that they sold off a big chunk of inventory because it was "old".

[quote name='MasamuneNKX']Interesting find on the sudden PS2 restocks. I'm tempted to bite on a couple of them, but I agree that it's fishy that these just came out of nowhere, and wouldn't be surprised if they're gutted/resealed with the "new" stickers on them. I suppose worst case scenario is that I take a trip to a nearby store to return them though, if that ends up being the case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I ordered a few of the games that were magically restocked. I'm expecting to get used copies but I'll just return them if that's the case. Worth a shot I guess...

I'd be all over this if I hadn't bought Ro3K11 from Direct2Drive for PC a couple of months ago. Great deal on it, too, at $20.

Tales of The AByss and Xeonsaga III were reprinted (Clownzilla post).

Why in the hell would they reprint Romance of The Three Kingdoms games? That seems like tossing money down the toilet. Maybe they have a bunch of new ones. Im pretty sure Toys R US still have brand new copies of XI.

Did anyone actually order and receive any of the games that popped up on their site as new? I thought someone had and I was wondering if they were in fact gutted like we all suspected.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did anyone actually order and receive any of the games that popped up on their site as new? I thought someone had and I was wondering if they were in fact gutted like we all suspected.[/QUOTE]

I ordered about 5 games that popped up as new. 2 of them arrived actually new/sealed (Gradius V and Chaos Wars), 1 of them was almost new but the plastic wrap was torn apart (Wild Arms 4), and the other 2 were in hilariously bad shape (Culdcept and Everblue 2).

Culdcept was especially funny because it had at least 5 stickers on the case, the case had been taped shut because both clasps were broken, one of the manual holders was broken, and the disc was in worse shape than I'd accept for a used game.

bread's done
Back