New, sealed PSP for sale (or possibly trade)

Duane Cunningham

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's the Core Pack, never been opened. Best offer gets it, but I'd like at least $150. The firmware is most likely 2.6.

EDIT: The first (serious) offer of

A. $150 or

B. A sealed, pink DSL and a copy of AC:WW (which could be used)

owns this PSP.

Please note the OP's 0 CTR, and that any CAGs should keep that in mind when dealing with the OP to determine who ships/pays first.

To the OP, links to other feedbacks may be helpful, though most CAGs will only rely on CTR to see who pays/ships first.

Wow... a sealed PSP for at least $150? Damn. This would happen after I pended with someone else for a used one for the same price.

Bump.

You there... yes, you with the mouse in your hand. You know you're curious about Loco Roco. And Metal Gear: Portable Ops is just around the corner. Why fight it? Send me a PM.

Well, here's the deal... I'm actually selling it on behalf of a girl I know who recieved it in the Wolf Camera deal (I personally have both systems). Thing is, she doesn't want a PSP, she wants a DS. So she'll use the money from this sale to buy a pink DSL (GS/EB gives pathetic trade in value, of course, and we couldn't get any retail outlets to exchange it).

So I suppose a trade would be possible if it was for a new sealed DSL in pink and a game (the PSP package still retails for $200, after all). If anyone can get a good deal on one, and throw in a game she wants, we can go that route.

So, in short, a new PSP is available for:

1. $150
or
2. A new, sealed pink DSL with one of the following games...
AC:WW
New SMB
Brain Age

And I am willing to negotiate a little bit, if you have any good ideas. If you'd like to trade some other game with it, I'm all ears, but remember that this is a casual, female gamer who doesn't want Madden 05, or some cheap crappy launch title.

Also, the game can be used, provided it is complete. AC:WW is probably the ideal choice.

I'd like to jump in and vouch for Duane. He's a very trustworthy guy (I know him from another forum, "Nintendorks"). He may not have a trading record here at CAG, but he has a 100% record at the other forum. We're a tight-nit group over there - I'd even place my CAG trading record in his stead.

I know some of you may be suspicious (shrike, didn't you bust a guy selling stolen merchandise?), but he is being 100% honest on this. He originally posted a thread about return policies at different stores ... once it was clear there was no opportunity to exchange it (given his unique circumstance), he tried to sell it to the regulars at Nintendorks. Needless to say, that didn't work out, so it was suggested he should come here. His updated threads at the other forums are proof enough that this is legit.

Plus, he's visited my Animal Crossing town, and he's never once pulled out his axe!

[quote name='Gator']I'd like to jump in and vouch for Duane. He's a very trustworthy guy (I know him from another forum, "Nintendorks"). He may not have a trading record here at CAG, but he has a 100% record at the other forum. We're a tight-nit group over there - I'd even place my CAG trading record in his stead.

I know some of you may be suspicious (shrike, didn't you bust a guy selling stolen merchandise?), but he is being 100% honest on this. He originally posted a thread about return policies at different stores ... once it was clear there was no opportunity to exchange it (given his unique circumstance), he tried to sell it to the regulars at Nintendorks. Needless to say, that didn't work out, so it was suggested he should come here. His updated threads at the other forums are proof enough that this is legit.

Plus, he's visited my Animal Crossing town, and he's never once pulled out his axe![/quote]
Yes, I have busted someone for selling stolen goods. That person had already conducted regular deals before they lost their mind and sold stolen items.

I'm not laying the ground work for suspicion about someone's motives, though we've had enough issues with 0 feedback users trying to sell large-ticket items, such as consoles, that have turned into scams/problems. I'm not saying that is the case here, what I'm saying is that people sometimes forget the rules about CTR and dictating who sends/pays first when they think it's a heck of a deal.

Hey, thanks Gator! That's very cool of you.

And don't worry... I understand that a trading community of this size needs some ground rules to keep people from taking advantage. I'll gladly ship first.

I am interested for the $150 pricetag(don't put me down yet though), but can someone explain the firmware differences to me?

I am a Nintendo DS guy and I like a few PSP games and wanted to get one on the cheap, but what is the deal with the firmware? If someone could explain it to me like a child, I would appreciate it because I have NO knowledge of how it works.

Oh, the firmware just reflects whether or not you can run homebrew applications and whatnot on it. With 2.6 you can. You'll have to do a little homework, but with this PSP you can mess with it in such a way that results in using it as a universal remote (walk into any bar/Best Buy/friend's house and change the channel on the TV!). Or play SNES games. Or a myriad of other mischevious things.

Or, you can just do as Sony intended and not hack it, and merely play games and movies.

And actually, as it turns out, I've discovered that you can hack any firmware that currently comes in the box, so me listing it in the OP was a little irrelevant, I guess.

I am checking out this homebrew stuff. I really wanted it for the browser but I heard it wasn't too good. Can you give me some onfo on that? I'd really appreciate it.

The browser on a PSP is okay... it certainly isn't as robust or usable as the browser on an actual computer, of course. Probably the biggest drawback is that there's no keyboard, so entering text isn't fun. However, they do have a text entry system that is a little like text messaging on a cell phone, so entering URL's, logins and passwords is made a little less painless that way. I'd say browsing message boards is fine, but you probably won't want to post much.

I have a DSL connection at home with a wireless router, and images load pretty quickly. Maybe just a touch slower than on my PC, but pretty close. I rarely come across a website with any kind of formatting problems on the PSP browser.

Also, if you update the firmware to the newest version Sony offers, 2.8, there's an RSS subscription function where you can set it up to auto update anything with an RSS feed. This means podcasts, video podcasts, news sites, blogs, etc. In fact, the 1up Show comes out in PSP format every Friday in addition to the regular QT and WMV files. Be advised, however, that updating to 2.8 will mean no homebrew for a while while the homebrew community catches up (2.8 was just released a few weeks ago).

Finally, there's a PSP site that is specificly formatted to the PSP's dimensions. On it, they have demos, trailers and product news.

Here are a couple of links...

http://www.psp-vault.com/
http://www.pspfanboy.com/

Thanks for the information man. I am going to have to think about it for now. I was also looking into when the DS browser comes out (possiby import it) or just buy a Blackberry. Sony just came out with a "Mylo" (article in Gameinformer) and it seems to be a really nice web browser. Anyways, I will let you know in a few days after I gather up as much information as possible on what suits my best needs. If someone else gets you the cash first, that is cool too man. IMO, whoever sends you the money first is the rightful owner of it, I do not believe in "dibs".

Once again though, thanks for all of the information of everything, you have been really helpful. Now i must decide lol.

Well, I did tell AJH that if his $140 wasn't outbid by 4:00 CT today, it was his, so we'll have to see what happens today.

Anyone else want to get involved? This is shaping up to be a pretty damn good deal for somebody....

Plus you can play any PSP game you want off your memory stick in ISO format with with the v1.5 firmware. That's a big 'feature'.

Okay, I got a PM from a CAG who wants to trade for a new, sealed pink DSL and a new game. Because this is a $160 value, this puts him in the lead. If this offer isn't exceeded by 4:00 (it's currently 2:20), I'll consider it a done deal.

[quote name='soccerstud652']What's ISO format?[/QUOTE]

It's a disc image. Basically what it means is that you can play PSP games that you download online by putting the ISO on your memory stick and using the Devhook application to run them.

BUMP

Hey everyone! The last deal didn't work out, so this thing is (again!) on
the market.

To recap, if you'd like a brand new PSP, send me:

A. $150

B. A sealed, pink DSL and a copy of AC:WW.

Well?

[quote name='soccerstud652']I am checking out this homebrew stuff. I really wanted it for the browser but I heard it wasn't too good. Can you give me some onfo on that? I'd really appreciate it.[/quote]

what i dont like about the browser is it takes up lots of memory, or you cant go to a site because there is not enough memory. but if you have a 2 - 4 gb card its good, as long as the connection is good.

bread's done
Back