New Shipments of Prepack Games should be in Blockbuster stores. LOTS of good

schuerm26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (99%)
PREPACK GAMES ARE DISC ONLY IN CLEAR CASES (possibly black as posted below I guess). I have never seen them in anything but Clear cases. They will all be labeled $6.99, $1.99 or $2.99

If this is posted already just move it to the Blockbuster thread, but figured if people hadn't seen it, the sale is definitely worth it.

I went to about 8 GameRush stores today and I would say 5 had Brand new shipments of the PrePack games. These are the ones in the clear cases that are disc only. Some of the stores still had the games in their original shipping boxes that they let me search through. So they must just have gotten them in.

I ONLY FOUND THEM AT GAMERUSHES. I HAVE NO CLUE IF THAT IS TRUE FOR ALL AREAS!! CALL YOUR LOCAL BLOCKBUSTERS!!!

It is probably best to call and ask if they got a new shipment of them in, so you can drive directly to one. The employee will DEFINITELY know if they got them. All the ones that had them literally had row after row of these cases in their own display rack.

360 Games are $6.99
PS2 Games are $2.99
XBOX Games are $1.99

The 5 stores ALL had those ones. Only 1 store I went to had Wii Games and they only had a couple of them. They were $6.99 also.

I personally got (let me state that they had TONS more than just what I purchased. Especially for PS2 and XBOX. They had LOTS of good PS2 and XBOX games)

360:
Gears of War
Halo 3 for
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Mercenaries 2
Soul Calibur IV
Ace Combat 6
Condemned 2
Cars MaterNational
GTA IV
Assassins Creed

Im going to edit as I look get the games out:

PS2:
Rogue Galaxy
Valkyrie Profile 2
Suikoden IV
Colosseum Road To Freedom
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Yakuza
Radiata Stories
Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2
FFVII Dirge of Cerberus
Shadow Hearts From The New World
God of War ii
Capcom Fighting Evolution

XBOX
Halo 2
Blazing Angels
Conker Live Reloaded
Star Wars Republic Commando
Knights of The Old Republic
Sid Meier's Pirates

The ONLY Blockbusters I found these at were the GameRush BB's. I went to a couple without Gamerush in them and they didn't have any of the PrePack games.

For KANSAS CITY FOLK:

The Stores I went to that had them were:

The 2 in Lee's Summit (by Walmart and the one by Hyvee and Goodwill)
The 2 in Blue Springs (south of I-70 at exit 20 and North of I-70 at exit 20)
The 1 in Liberty (I think it is the only one. By Sonic)

The stores that didn't were:

The 2 BB with Gamerushes in Independence (sterling and lee's summit rd)
The BB on N. Oak Trafficway (just south of Barry Rd)
The BB on Barry Road right off of I-29
The BB on 64th Street of I-29

The 2 in Lees Summit had TONS of these games. The one by Walmart had about 4 Call of Duty 4 left as of this afternoon. The one in Liberty had the Halo 3's. They had about 4 left as of this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just got off the phone with my local BBV and they said they got some pre-packs in but they were all PS2. That's fine since PS2 games are what I am looking for!

They are going to be part of a sidewalk sale this weekend for memorial day.

[quote name='shrike4242']Why don't you go back to the BBV thread and stop trying to play back-seat mod?[/QUOTE]

Wow, talk about getting put in your place.

[quote name='io']

6) Once again, in case it isn't clear, these are refurbished disc-only games in special clear cases.

[/QUOTE]

I was about to mention this but it needs to be said again. These will probably be REFURBISHED and that means they have been BUFFED. You have to look at them in good light to see the swirl marks. Although the discs have the best buff job I've ever seen on them, they still need to be tested because buffing doesn't always work.

I've had some discs buffed several times. You could see no scratches on there anymore but the game would still not work. So before throwing your 10+ game haul into the backlog, test those out. You might just have a $6.99 coaster.

[quote name='shoe478']Wow, talk about getting put in your place.

I was about to mention this but it needs to be said again. These will probably be REFURBISHED and that means they have been BUFFED. You have to look at them in good light to see the swirl marks. Although the discs have the best buff job I've ever seen on them, they still need to be tested because buffing doesn't always work.

I've had some discs buffed several times. You could see no scratches on there anymore but the game would still not work. So before throwing your 10+ game haul into the backlog, test those out. You might just have a $6.99 coaster.[/QUOTE]

For Xbox or 360 games just install them to the HD -- this will fully test the disk

[quote name='3extremes']If anyone has any luck at the regular BBs in NYC PM me. I know there are a couple of Game Rushs in SI but it is not worth the treck[/QUOTE]
I was thinking the same thing! I may go out tomorrow (Sat.).

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Well I just got off the phone with my local BBV and they said they got some pre-packs in but they were all PS2. That's fine since PS2 games are what I am looking for!

They are going to be part of a sidewalk sale this weekend for memorial day.[/QUOTE]

i know the weekends mean sat and sun, but does it still mean the sale could start today as well? i'd chekc it out myself, but it's a bit out of my way, so i'd rather have one trip rather than two. looks like a great deal. thanks op.

If anyone finds extra of these and wanted to pick one up for me, I could Paypal $10 for each game.

Gears of War
Halo 3
GTA4

I've been wanting to buy these, but my cheapness always stops me :)

i just read the other blockbuster thread. this could be some memorial weekend sale, but it's starting now. lot more info in the other thread. that's where i'll be posting.

[quote name='blitz6speed']blockbuster on Valley View/Lampson in so cal sucked. Mostly garbage PS2 games. When i asked the guy working there where the 360 games were, he grinned and then shrug his shoulders as if he didnt know what i was talking about. I then asked him again, why arent there any 360 games here, he just said "i dont know" and then grinned. Im pretty sure the employees are hoarding onto the 360 titles based on how the guy working there was so upbeat about me not finding a single 360 game there and not a single decent PS2 game in the entire stash. Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you don't know what you're talking about. That store has the best employees, and they are not hoarding the 360 games. They just haven't got any YET!!!

And I bought a healthy 15 games the day they put out the PS2 selection, and as of yesterday they still had 60+ PS2 games, which for someone looking for cheap games is a goldmine, out of all the stores I visited this store had the most PS2 games by far. The reason I knew which games to buy is simple, I monitor the BBV thread which broke the news on this sale days earlier than this thread was created, and coincidently is where I have been posting my updates on which stores have stock in the OC.

Having two threads is stupid, it just dilutes information.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the managers at a Denver Blockbuster today me there were only 3 stores in the metro that were getting these games. That was 3-4 days ago, is it possible there are more now?

[quote name='deletion']i just read the other blockbuster thread. this could be some memorial weekend sale, but it's starting now. lot more info in the other thread. that's where i'll be posting.[/QUOTE]

This would make sense considering this is Memorial Day weekend.

[quote name='habloc']If anyone finds extra of these and wanted to pick one up for me, I could Paypal $10 for each game.

Gears of War
Halo 3
GTA4

I've been wanting to buy these, but my cheapness always stops me :)[/QUOTE] That's a loss for them after paypal fees tax and shipping. :/

[quote name='darkslime']That's a loss for them after paypal fees tax and shipping. :/[/QUOTE]

Oh God here we go again!
Its the BB sale all over again:roll:

[quote name='habloc']If anyone finds extra of these and wanted to pick one up for me, I could Paypal $10 for each game.

Gears of War
Halo 3
GTA4

I've been wanting to buy these, but my cheapness always stops me :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darkslime']That's a loss for them after paypal fees tax and shipping. :/[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. At $6.99 each + Tax (for Los Angeles County that would be 9.25%) = $7.64 Then if you were to pack/send the game the way gamefly sends their games then shipping would not be so expensive. Who needs a clear case anyway?

Though, habloc's offer could be a few dollars more generous seeing as the person has to waste time/gas to get it. Just a thought.

[quote name='Brian9824']If anyone can snag me a Soul Caliber IV game send me a PM. I don't have a gamerush in my state.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any BBV stores in your state, because it sounds like it's at BBV as well?

There was a rack at my Blockbuster that said $9.99 and under, and had the disc only games. I found Fallout 3, but it had a $44 sticker on it. There was a line, and I had to get to work, so I couldn't get it checked - anyone know if it will scan $9.99?

Despite what I was told on the phone they put the prepacked games out this afternoon at my BBV.

All they had were PS2 games.

They all looked extremely buffed.

I managed to snag Predator Concrete Jungle and a few other games.

Stopped by the Blockbuster off of Amar in La Puente, CA area. Had a few pre-packed games on a clearance rack, but they were all garbage so I asked the manager behind the disc if there was anything else available. Awesome employee dumped 8 boxes in front of me, 7 of which were PS2 and the other was 360. Snagged 8 games total. Off the top of my head:

:ps2: Spyro: Eternal Night, Black, Ratchet: Deadlocked, R/C: Up Your Arsenal, Read Dead Revolver, GTA: VCS
:360: COD3, Dead Rising

Great little haul for about $33 bucks. Lots of other offerings too, but I left them behind hoping someone other than a hoarder is able to get to them first. Tons of God of War 2, GT4 and of course Madden. Thanks for the heads up, OP. This was great news for those of us who don't have the time to visit the BBV thread on a daily basis, even though the OP does a wonderful job there as well.

Went to four BBV in Fresno, CA and none of them had anything. Two today at Olive and at Dakota and West, two yesterday Clinton and Brawley and West Shaw and there was nothing. I will check the Large gamerush BBV on Shaw again and see if they have anything out.

Checked out BBV in Thorndale, PA. They had a few of the disc-only games along with some normal cheap manual+box games in a bin. A large amount were PS2, and not too great. There were a handful of 360 and PS3 games. I grabbed the only Xbox game and it wasn't a pre-packaged, it was $5. Still not bad for Tork the Prehistoric Punk but not as good as finding a $2 Xbox game.

Nothing at my local GameRush...yet. They had this tent set up (indoors for some reason) with a bunch of buckets they use for sale items. There were 2 or 3 empty buckets at one table, and the other had a bunch of $4 clearance movies. Guess I'll check back tomorrow, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Since flipping has all but died, a chance to actually build up some GS credit is making me giddy.

Well I don't think any location in my area will have these but I will go check anyway because thats what I do:

Go in there and leave disappointed....but its still worth a look

I just got back from Blockbuster in Orange City, Fl. 2nd visit today. I stopped in on lunch and they had just opened the 1st box and had several more to open. Lunch break was over, so I went back after work. Here's what I picked up for 6.99. I would have picked up more but I was spending to much.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Halo 3
Crackdown
Lost Planet
Dead Rising
NBA 2K8
Assassin's Creed
Rock Band
Ghost Recon
Ghost Recon 2
Devil May Cry 4
Saint's Row

I feel like I hit the jackpot and every one of them works. So awesome finding deals like this and there was much more to buy but I was out of money.

Went to the BBv in Commack, NY.....nothing sadly. I called a day earlier, as usual the slow employee working there had no idea what I was talking about regarding this sale until I explained it to him using hand puppets and a mallet....

checked out two GR stores today. Some titles I saw were

Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (360)
God of War
Mass effect
Resident evil outbreak (ps2)
GTA Vice city stories (ps2)
GTA Liberty city stories (ps2)
Socom 3
Madden NFL 2007 (360)

I was able to pick up:

Call of Duty 4
Hitman Blood Money
Lost Planet
GTA4
Fracture
SVR2008
Virtua Tennis 3 for 2.99!!!!
Lego Star Wars 2
all for 6.99

really wish I had some of those stores near me. I live in ND and they don't have any in the entire state. Sad day... I'd have definitely picked up CoD4 and Halo 3 again for 6.99.

[quote name='Don Wuebos']I was able to pick up:

Call of Duty 4
Hitman Blood Money
Lost Planet
GTA4
Fracture
SVR2008
Virtua Tennis 3 for 2.99!!!!
Lego Star Wars 2
all for 6.99[/QUOTE]

What is SVR2008?

Went to the Blockbuster near TWU in Denton, TX and I found several copies of:

Bioshock
Smackdown WWE
Call of Duty 3
Splinter Cell
Turok
F.E.A.R Files
Dark Sector

They were tons of PS2 games
God of War 2
Madden 08
NFL Street 3
Cars

I ended up getting Cars (ps2), Bioshock (360), NFL Street 3 (PS2), ATV racing (ps2), Kingdom Hearts (ps2), Sonic Riders (ps2), Black (ps2), Burnout Revenge (ps2)

I could not find COD 4 which is what I really wanted so I will try later at other locations. Don't go the Blockbuster of I-35 in Denton because they have nothing there.

Went to 2 more BBV. One had Crackdown and Spiderman 3 mostly. The other didn't have too much more. I asked when they started to put stuff out and he said Wed. Man, I don't want to know what I missed.

I'm going to check out a few stores in Bellingham, Wash. to see if I can find anything. I would love to grab COD 4 again (sold my copy back when WaW came out).

[quote name='pimpster4183']so this is at BBV and not just the gamerush stores, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is also at BBV.

I occasionally work at a BB (non-gamerush) outside of Philadelphia, PA. I worked last night and we had these out on a table, mostly PS2 games, I picked up Manhunt 2 and Shadow of Colossus both for $2.99.

so to clear up any confusion, it may be at any BB.

bread's done
Back