New Slew of $5.50 DVDs end cap at Walmart YMMV

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Now I'm putting this list together from memory, so bear with me. Also, since this is Walmart this is of course a YMMV (most likely not though) and selection depends on store.

Kids
High Tension (for this price I might have to go back for this one)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 4
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 5
Dead Alive (Peter Jackson)
Man-Thing (2004 Marvel)
Alone In The Dark
Dune
Rose Red (Stephen King 2 disk)
Thinner
Van Wilder (2 Disk)
House Of 1000 Corpses
Requim For A Dream: Edited Version
Glengarry Glen Ross
Terminator 2 Extreme Edition
Dirty Dancing Havana Nights
Stephen King's Riding the Bullet (I think that this was the title of this one)

There were a whole bunch more of the Stephen King miniseries and movies there as well.

I only got Dead Alive, but I'm thinking about coming back for High Tension (screw the stupid ending), Man-Thing, the TMNT volumes, and maybe Thinner or Riding the Bullet since they sounded intriguing.

is it the uncut 107 min cut of Dead alive or the R rated 99 minute cut?

I check the 5 dollar bin every time I go to Walmart and I've only ever got a few good flix. Duel to the Death comes to mind. I also heavily abused the 5 dollar bin back when Blockbuster offered the 8 dollar trade in credit for every DVD traded in.

[quote name='lupinckc']is it the uncut 107 min cut of Dead alive or the R rated 99 minute cut?

I check the 5 dollar bin every time I go to Walmart and I've only ever got a few good flix. Duel to the Death comes to mind. I also heavily abused the 5 dollar bin back when Blockbuster offered the 8 dollar trade in credit for every DVD traded in.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure my box said the uncut edition. I'll check it out tomorrow.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Kids and Van Wilder are pretty good...[/QUOTE]

Too bad Kids is the shorter version, kinda makes me regret when I traded away my other longer dvd of it... good movie, but depresses the hell out of me

Also, a few to add, the 2003 film Wonderland. There are one or two more I noticed that weren't on the list, I spotted On Golden Pond, Children of Dune, and Secretary also. The common link between these titles is they're all Lion's Gate titles, the thing I don't like is Kids is already a two pack with Rules of Attraction, so these could all easily be jammed in a cheap two pack. :bomb:

[quote name='phoenix6666']Are the TMNTs the entire season or just one disc with a few eps on them?[/QUOTE]

There's around 12 episodes per disc. So about 1/2 a season. I already own these or I'd go check the 5.50 racks/bins at my local walmarts.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']

Requim For A Dream: Edited Version

[/quote]

EDITED?!??!?

Not worth buying without the infamous ASSSSS TO ASSSSS scene. God that line never fails to crack me and my buddies up.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']EDITED?!??!?

Not worth buying without the infamous ASSSSS TO ASSSSS scene. God that line never fails to crack me and my buddies up.[/QUOTE]

Thank god its not an ass to mouth scene. ;)

Hell, for $5.50 definitely pick up High Tension if you are into oddball horror flicks. It's dubbed from French, so keep that in mind, heh. Other than that though, it's pretty badass.

Mallrats for 5.50.. after I spend months trying to find it cheaper than 15/20 and finally broke down and bought it. Gah. My WalMart sucks anyways.. I'll check it tommorow though, maybe get something.

[quote name='tacklebox']Hell, for $5.50 definitely pick up High Tension if you are into oddball horror flicks. It's dubbed from French, so keep that in mind, heh. Other than that though, it's pretty badass.[/quote]

It's not the French, nor the dubbing over that people should be worried about but the dumb ass plot twist in it that ruins the movie. Still, for 5.50 you can't go wrong and it'll mostly scare the bejeesus out of you (till the plot twist).

just a heads up, folks over at dvdtalk have reported seeing:

Leon the Professional "Superbit"
Starship Troopers "Superbit"

If you guys happen upon these, please pick them up for me. I hav been searching for a good deal on them for a while.

Thanks OP!

I picked up Dead Alive, Man-Thing and Rose Red.

And just a confirmation, Dead Alive is the unrated 97 min. version.

I also saw the Starship Troopers super bit DVD, but no Leon.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']EDITED?!??!?

Not worth buying without the infamous ASSSSS TO ASSSSS scene. God that line never fails to crack me and my buddies up.[/quote]

Dammit, I was gonna mention that. Glad someone else finds it funny. It's really great to randomly yell "Ass to ass!" in an old man voice.

Didn't notice anything new in the bin today, but did see & grab Sinbad - Afros & Bellbottoms. Hilarious HBO stand-up special, I used to have this on vhs and nearly wore the tape out. :)

BTW, do Wal-Mart stores in other areas actually put these cheap movies on a shelf, or is everyone else's like mine & just dump them in a giant bin? It's nearly impossible to tell WHAT they have in there.

The one that I was at had all the movies in a big cardboard display......not in the big dump bin. The cardboard display was in the camera department (?) in the walmart that I was in.

There's also another cardboard display thing with 4.88 movies too. I don't remember any of the movies though.

Dang, so the version of Mallrats for $5.50 is the new version. Damn it. I wasn't sure, so I passed on it the last time I saw it since I already had the first DVD release. The next time I see it, I'll definitely buy it.

I picked up the following

Leon the Professional (Superbit) $4.88
Starship Troopers (Superbit) $4.88
Men In Black : Limited Edition 2 disc set w/ poster, etc ($4.88)
Dr. Strangelove (it says 40th anniversary on it) ($4.88)
Garth Brooks : The Entertainer (5 DVDs of concerts and videos) ($9.72)

Thanks OP

only thing i saw in the bin that was on your list was requiem, but i passed. I did pick up big trouble in little china for 5.50 though :D

[quote name='adezero']only thing i saw in the bin that was on your list was requiem, but i passed. I did pick up big trouble in little china for 5.50 though :D[/quote]

Nice. Big Trouble in Little China has been recommended to me so many times. If I see this one I really should pick it up.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']It's not the French, nor the dubbing over that people should be worried about but the dumb ass plot twist in it that ruins the movie. Still, for 5.50 you can't go wrong and it'll mostly scare the bejeesus out of you (till the plot twist).[/QUOTE]
I was way into that movie up 'till that part. Completely killed it. Other than that, it's a solid choice for $5 and some change. Watch it just to see how other countries don't have standards for movies.

Wonderland is really good as well. I rented it for the hell of it, and loved it. Can't go wrong with movies about John Holmes.

bread's done
Back