New Subway "Footlong Nation Appreciation" Contest - Use trade thread in OP for trades

Holy cow!!!

3dtvwin1.jpg

I got another entry into the free subs for life! SWEET!

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Holy cow!!!

3dtvwin1.jpg

I got another entry into the free subs for life! SWEET![/QUOTE]

Congrats, hope you were playing legit and not using 20+ email addresses.

[quote name='Owen']Congrats, hope you were playing legit and not using 20+ email addresses.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was playing legit - one email. In fact, I haven't played in a week. I saw some new codes posted over the past few days and decided to try one. That was the first play of the first code and almost didn't notice I had won.

EDIT: Am I reading the rules right, that there is only one HDTV prize package?

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Holy cow!!!

3dtvwin1.jpg

I got another entry into the free subs for life! SWEET![/QUOTE]

Congrats. The winner of the one and only 3D TV package is a CAG!

Hope you have a PS3 to hook it up and play some 3D games...;)

[quote name='eau']Congrats. The winner of the one and only 3D TV package is a CAG!

Hope you have a PS3 to hook it up and play some 3D games...;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I misread it and thought I had only won the TV - which is why I was surprised there was only one.

However, according to the rules, the HDTV Prize package consists of:
3D TV package — includes 4 3D glasses, 3D TV, 1 HDMI Cable and One PlayStation 3 console PlayStation®Move motion controller, PlayStation®Eye camera, PlayStation Navigation Controller, Win it before you can buy it game from PlayStation® — inFamous 2 game & PlayStation Move Heroes game

Since PlumesPixie sold off my PS3 last year while I was out of town, I don't have to worry about replacing it! :lol:

EDIT: I had Pixie translate the japanese in that video to me. At about :28, she said it roughly translated to "congratulations" (but more like a birthday type of congrats)...I thought it looked like "bitch." I find this very amusing! :lol:

I was going to congratulate you PlumeNoir and call you a lucky bastard, but then I saw that you're from the Detroit area, so I guess you're not as lucky as I thought. :p Congrats all the same, wish that was me.

[quote name='Redeema']I was going to congratulate you PlumeNoir and call you a lucky bastard, but then I saw that you're from the Detroit area, so I guess you're not as lucky as I thought. :p Congrats all the same, wish that was me.[/QUOTE]

:lol: And to make it worse, I work downtown! Thanks, though! ;)

[quote name='Redeema']I was going to congratulate you PlumeNoir and call you a lucky bastard, but then I saw that you're from the Detroit area, so I guess you're not as lucky as I thought. :p Congrats all the same, wish that was me.[/QUOTE]

+1 lol... but seriously congrats =P

[quote name='cruzadel']the complimentary codes thru mail will level u up to 3.[/QUOTE]
How do we get these? Link?

Woo. After four days and one email account, I've won (level 1) the Sandwich costume, (level 2) the Sony Piiq headphones, and (level 3) the Playstation Move Heroes Bundle. Not exactly what I was aiming for, but free stuff beats no stuff.

Just managed to get a direct reply out of subway's twitter and wanted to give my CAG brethren the heads up.

The message implies the Frenzy is imminent. I'd guess it will be around the top of the hour.

EDIT: Or, according to @Playstation, it will be anywhere between 12-3 PDT. Sigh.

Playstation twitter just put this up a few mins ago Win PlayStation Move Heroes before it's out! Watch @subwayfreshbuzz from 12pm-3pm Pacific today for a chance at 1 of 200 early copies

Were you guys just refreshing? My page monitor caught it too late because Twitter's damn XML API has a capacity limiter.

@Playstation's curveball didn't help either.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Were you guys just refreshing? My page monitor caught it too late because Twitter's damn XML API has a capacity limiter.[/QUOTE]

TweetDeck ;)

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Wow entered my email 3 mins after it was posted and I still managed to get one. :D

sorry to everyone who missed out[/QUOTE]

Really? congrats!..for me I saw it within 20 seconds and put my email in on firefox and chrome for it to say "sorry"..Sighh,ohh wellz grats to you peep who got one :applause:

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Wow entered my email 3 mins after it was posted and I still managed to get one. :D

sorry to everyone who missed out[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I was within seconds. Put my email in twice, even.

Are the fire drills separate once again or are they part of the wins? I know a lot of people doubled up last time but they might have fixed that loophole.

I only ask because I want to try for inFamous 2 next week but they may deem that both games are level 2 prizes and never send it to me.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']edit: wait never mind, i thought it was for infamous 2 -_-[/QUOTE]

no. I dont know why they posted that. Trick us maybe?

Man, I'm kicking myself right now. I have been watching Subway's twitter for the past few days hoping to get in on this firedrill because I really want this game. Aside from when I'm at work, I keep an eye on it whenever I can. I figured I would miss it because I can't watch it 24/7. So, today I'm off and had the page up as usual. I left for a few minutes to do something and came back, checked their page and they had just posted one thing, not really important. So I was sitting at my computer doing other things and it seems that my computer had went to sleep while I was gone the last time and the one update I got was an old one and the posts for the firedrill came in while I was sitting there and I hadn't noticed it. By the time I looked over and noticed it I ended up missing it, I couldn't have missed it by a minute.

I can't believe the luck I am having with these things. I keep having the things just within my reach and then miss it. I even told myself I would be able to deal with missing it because of work, but now I'm just mad at myself :D

Congrats to all those that one! Enjoy your game!

Hmmm. So I noticed the page that accepted email addresses changed after a while to say it was all claimed as opposed to allowing you to put your email address in, which it did for me at least twice. That implies it changed when the 200 was out, which in turn implies some of us got screwed over.

Maybe a bunch of bots saturated the email input but then didn't finish out the claim process.

I was asleep. My sleep schedule is out of line and all, sleeping at 8-9am and waking up at like 5pm. Though I am sure even if I woke up in time I would of missed it or forgot all about it... mostly the latter.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Hmmm. So I noticed the page that accepted email addresses changed after a while to say it was all claimed as opposed to allowing you to put your email address in, which it did for me at least twice. That implies it changed when the 200 was out, which in turn implies some of us got screwed over.

Maybe a bunch of bots saturated the email input but then didn't finish out the claim process.[/QUOTE]

I know I entered my email within 15 seconds or so. After I finally got through and was told they were all claimed, I checked twitter and it said the tweet was 2 minutes ago. Maybe the tweet was delayed for some people? (I know less than a minute passed from start to finish for me)

Quick question for those that have won bigger prizes from Subway in the past: How do they send the affidavit? US Post or email? I emailed support last night but haven't heard back yet.

[quote name='slowdive21']I know I entered my email within 15 seconds or so. After I finally got through and was told they were all claimed, I checked twitter and it said the tweet was 2 minutes ago. Maybe the tweet was delayed for some people? (I know less than a minute passed from start to finish for me)[/QUOTE]

This is from my history in this type of contests... so in no way official, but via SIMILAR events I have won...

5/10 of the Conan shirts
2 Fire drill prizes last time + Move Heroes this time
Downy T-shirt
and various other prizes

From what I understand, there are a LOT of delays with twitter. This might just be me, but there is nothing that is "Universal". In my prep for todays rush, I noticed during the week some (not all) messages were going to my phone. There was no logic to what got sent, and what didnt get sent.

Many of the messages had different spans between when it was posted, and when I got it. The highest difference I saw was 5 mins. Like wise I would sometimes get a message on my phone saying that there was a new tweet, but I would have to F5 my browser 1 - 6 times before it would appear. In very few cases did both the "1 new tweet" and phone message appear at the same time.

For anyone wondering or felt screwed... Unless you're really bad with this, there was more than enough time. Going off how things went with me...

• got a message on my phone
  • refreshed the page
  • went to the link
  • tried to enter my email... but didnt see the box I had to click (spent atleast 5 seconds there)
  • entered all my information
  • had to hand enter my birthday + state + capcha
  • got a conformation
  • sent it to my friend with a smile
  • went back to the subway twitter
  • reclicked the link
  • and the dialog to enter my email was STILL present

Now the above while sounding like a lot was probably only 40 ACTUAL seconds... there should have been more than enough time for anyone trying semi hard.

[quote name='admiralvic']This is from my history in this type of contests... so in no way official, but via SIMILAR events I have won...

5/10 of the Conan shirts
2 Fire drill prizes last time + Move Heroes this time
Downy T-shirt
and various other prizes

From what I understand, there are a LOT of delays with twitter. This might just be me, but there is nothing that is "Universal". In my prep for todays rush, I noticed during the week some (not all) messages were going to my phone. There was no logic to what got sent, and what didnt get sent.

Many of the messages had different spans between when it was posted, and when I got it. The highest difference I saw was 5 mins. Like wise I would sometimes get a message on my phone saying that there was a new tweet, but I would have to F5 my browser 1 - 6 times before it would appear. In very few cases did both the "1 new tweet" and phone message appear at the same time.

For anyone wondering or felt screwed... Unless you're really bad with this, there was more than enough time. Going off how things went with me...

• got a message on my phone
  • refreshed the page
  • went to the link
  • tried to enter my email... but didnt see the box I had to click (spent atleast 5 seconds there)
  • entered all my information
  • had to hand enter my birthday + state + capcha
  • got a conformation
  • sent it to my friend with a smile
  • went back to the subway twitter
  • reclicked the link
  • and the dialog to enter my email was STILL present

Now the above while sounding like a lot was probably only 40 ACTUAL seconds... there should have been more than enough time for anyone trying semi hard.[/QUOTE]

I was sitting there F5ing my browser. I literally clicked on the link right when it came up. I actually got in on the first frenzy ($5 GC), but that was nearly 5 minutes or so before they were claimed for that one.

I wonder if they block people who have already won?

I think most likely Twitter is on a huge delay in my area.

bread's done
Back