New Super Mario Bros. Delayed Again!?

i don't understand these sunday dates. nintendo always releases their games on mondays.

and sunday doesn't, or shouldn't, point to the game being released with the lite. system revisions (like the SP and the micro) have always come out on mondays as well. only NEW systems release on sundays.

so if the game or the system hold true to either this or the original may 7th date, nintendo is breaking from tradition.

[quote name='RisingZan']As first reported by www.gonintendo.com the official website for the game http://mario.nintendo.com/ now shows a date of May 21st.

Methinks a simultaneous NSMB and DS Lite release is more and more likely...[/quote]

Damn, my favorite game delayed again. I could not wait till i hold in my hand and now i am confronted with this. Arrg...

It was initially going to be out the 7th or 8th, then it was moved to the 15th a few weeks ago, and now the 21st. So yes, they're probably pushing it back with the anticipation of needing a few more weeks to put the Lite out.

[quote name='Snake2715']Wow its going to sell systems thats for sure..[/QUOTE]

not for me... I sold my red ds and swore I wouldnt get a ds lite, so I hope I can abide to that. Ill just wait untill I can play games like the way you can play games now *wink* :)

[quote name='BasketCase1080']not for me... I sold my red ds and swore I wouldnt get a ds lite, so I hope I can abide to that. Ill just wait untill I can play games like the way you can play games now *wink* :)[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be waiting awhile. I don't see the dual screens, much less the touch screen, lending themselves well to "the way you can play games now."

[quote name='Snake2715']Wow its going to sell systems thats for sure..[/quote]

Well, I'm sold. I've been waiting for the DS Lite and I will be buying New SMB with it assuming they release them together.

[quote name='javeryh']Well, I'm sold. I've been waiting for the DS Lite and I will be buying New SMB with it assuming they release them together.[/quote]

I would say with absolute certainty that there will be a DS Lite NSMB bundle. They would be morons not to do that.

[quote name='lebowsky']I would say with absolute certainty that there will be a DS Lite NSMB bundle. They would be morons not to do that.[/quote]that point is uncontested. the question is whether the release of NSMB will coincide with the release of the DS lite (and the NSMB DS Lite bundle), to which i personally say no.

It seems like they are pushing it back a week once a week now. I hope this doesn't end up as Vaporware like twilight princess.

[quote name='wageslave']It seems like they are pushing it back a week once a week now. I hope this doesn't end up as Vaporware like twilight princess.[/QUOTE]
I don't think either game is disappearing anytime soon.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']not for me... I sold my red ds and swore I wouldnt get a ds lite, so I hope I can abide to that. Ill just wait untill I can play games like the way you can play games now *wink* :)[/QUOTE]
What do you mean by "the way you can play games now"?

[quote name='RockinX']What do you mean by "the way you can play games now"?[/QUOTE]
Read: "I just want four to six buttons and analog sticks."

[quote name='botticus']Read: "I just want four to six buttons and analog sticks."[/QUOTE]
Thanks, the other comment was sort of ambiguous, because to my knowledge, the DS is a way of playing games now... He should have said "the way you can play console games now".

I think this is definitely a sign that they're going to launch the DS Lite along side the new SMB. That's the most logical explanation, they wouldn't do it because of anything with the game, but I could see that their production numbers slipped behind a little and they need one more week to have enough DS Lites available for launch. I'm actually kind of happy about this news, because I was starting to wonder a bit if they would launch the DS Lite with the new SMB.

[quote name='botticus']Read: "I just want four to six buttons and analog sticks."[/quote]

Wow. Why did you buy a DS in the first place, BasketCase?

[quote name='crazytalkx']My hard-on remains present even through this extended wait.[/QUOTE]

Wow, it took 19 replies for mention of a hard-on. New record for this game on holding out as long as possible.

[quote name='rlse9']I think this is definitely a sign that they're going to launch the DS Lite along side the new SMB. That's the most logical explanation, they wouldn't do it because of anything with the game, but I could see that their production numbers slipped behind a little and they need one more week to have enough DS Lites available for launch. I'm actually kind of happy about this news, because I was starting to wonder a bit if they would launch the DS Lite with the new SMB.[/quote]

I thought we will see the DS Lite maybe in winter 2006. IF it would come that quick, i will buy one too. It just looks awesome.

I'm going to conspirasize that they really really want to launch it alongside the Lite, but want to meet the Japanese demand at least a little better first.

[quote name='botticus']Read: "I just want four to six buttons and analog sticks."[/QUOTE]

I think he was referring to...less legal methods. Look at his custom user title.

[quote name='yester']I thought we will see the DS Lite maybe in winter 2006.[/QUOTE]

And make consumers make the Oh-So terrible choice of picking between the DS Lite and Revolution?

Perish the thought! :shame:

[quote name='Ecofreak']And make consumers make the Oh-So terrible choice of picking between the DS Lite and Revolution?

Perish the thought! :shame:[/quote]

I went today to Ebgames and picked some games and ask the clerk, if they know any streetday for the DS Lite. They said, no.
I hope it comes out soon, because i like to get it. Well soon 1-2 month.

I don't think we can hope to see it until the shortage in Japan clams down... and that won't be for a while.:whistle2:(

bread's done
Back