New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Who's got it cheap(er)?

FlyingAce39

CAGiversary!
I'm dying to pick this up, but I can't shell out the $40-$50 for it. I found a Best buy that's about 30-45 mins. away from here that has one for $29.99 pre-owned. My buddy has GC unlocked, so I'll get 10% off that as well, coming out to about $28 after taxes. Does anyone know a place that has it cheaper?

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Nintendo Products rarely drop MSRP price permanently. If you want that game preordered....go for it.[/QUOTE]

Turns out that my buddy that has GCU also has a 10 off 29.99 coupon coming and he's gonna let me have it. :)

The cheapest I've seen new copies of NSMB Wii is a local supermarket store that has had them on clearance for $24.99. I've been waiting for them to drop any lower (still have about 4 copies sitting there in the glass case), but it seems even that price is pretty good by comparison for a new copy.

Not that this information helps you, as it is incredibly YMMV.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']The cheapest I've seen new copies of NSMB Wii is a local supermarket store that has had them on clearance for $24.99. I've been waiting for them to drop any lower (still have about 4 copies sitting there in the glass case), but it seems even that price is pretty good by comparison for a new copy.

Not that this information helps you, as it is incredibly YMMV.[/QUOTE]

What's the supermarket called?

[quote name='FlyingAce39']What's the supermarket called?[/QUOTE]
Fry's Marketplace, which is a Kroger chain store. Essentially a Fred Meyer's, but without any real sales push towards their gaming section. Which means occasionally I can find good deals on clearance, but most of the time its 2-3 year old outdated titles still at MSRP.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Fry's Marketplace, which is a Kroger chain store. Essentially a Fred Meyer's, but without any real sales push towards their gaming section. Which means occasionally I can find good deals on clearance, but most of the time its 2-3 year old outdated titles still at MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Is there a Fry's Marketplace in every Kroger? I did a store locator and it came up with my local Kroger.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Is there a Fry's Marketplace in every Kroger? I did a store locator and it came up with my local Kroger.[/QUOTE]
AFAIK they only have the Fry's Marketplace stores in Arizona, and that store locator is just bringing you to the closest Kroger store.

However, it is worth a look to check out some of the Kroger chains in your area. Some of them may be more upscale and keep higher end electronics, and you may have a gaming section in your area that you aren't aware of.

Or you could only have stores that sell standard food and drug items, so completely YMMV.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']AFAIK they only have the Fry's Marketplace stores in Arizona, and that store locator is just bringing you to the closest Kroger store.

However, it is worth a look to check out some of the Kroger chains in your area. Some of them may be more upscale and keep higher end electronics, and you may have a gaming section in your area that you aren't aware of.

Or you could only have stores that sell standard food and drug items, so completely YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I'll be in the area tomorrow, so I'll check it out.

bread's done
Back