New Super Mario Brothers USED at EB for $24.99 (Currently OOS)

Just ordered it along with Age of Emopires for the DS for $28 shiped.

Was going to get this new at CC for $28 later today.

I hope they come complete!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']how the hell do they already have used copies. Thats weird[/QUOTE]

It's really short.

It has a lot of replay value with trying to get all the coins, find all the exits and play all the worlds.

All platformers are short for gamers who just want to beat the boss and see the credits roll.

i bit. got new super mario bros and viewtiful joe. hope both are in near perfect condition... here's to hoping~ :)

[quote name='Follandboy']I would be all over this, but I will not buy anything from EB.com after the merger.[/QUOTE]

why is that? because saver doesnt stack with anything? they dont say the games will be complete?

[quote name='toneroni']cmon this game should be complete...why would it be cart only so fast? =\[/QUOTE]

Should is always the operative word when it comes to Gamestop...

[quote name='toneroni']cmon this game should be complete...why would it be cart only so fast? =\[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most newer games are complete when bought used there. With the exception of GBA titles.

It does seem odd that there are so many used copies a few days after it is released that they have enough to start selling online.

Got it with AoE also. I get the feeling that they don't have enough used copies of NSMB to satisfy all of our orders though... how could they? We could all end up sitting on back orders on these...

I've seen plenty of cart-only (with blank DS cases) games at GameStops, it's really sad. I can only imagine it's worse through the website since it historically is so.

It's more an issue of customers or employees throwing out cases to save space.

Thanks OP. Well, it's my first post-merger purchase. Ordered NSMB and Viewtiful Joe. Works out to $15 each, including tax and shipping.

Here's hoping I don't regret it...

[quote name='blandstalker']Thanks OP. Well, it's my first post-merger purchase. Ordered NSMB and Viewtiful Joe. Works out to $15 each, including tax and shipping.

Here's hoping I don't regret it...[/QUOTE]

I hope so too. I ordered the same games as you

I think it must be out of stock. My order didn't go through, and the game is appearing as "backordered." Bummer. Oh well.

Crap wish I had remembered Age of Empires. Instead I grabbed Lunar, and just checked the reviews, huge mistake.

r1s3n

[quote name='r1s3n']Crap wish I had remembered Age of Empires. Instead I grabbed Lunar, and just checked the reviews, huge mistake.
r1s3n[/QUOTE]
I've been waiting for AoE in this deal. It looks in stock but it shows as backordered when you add it to your cart.

[quote name='Damian']I've been waiting for AoE in this deal. It looks in stock but it shows as backordered when you add it to your cart.[/QUOTE]

Its showing backordered on both games (NSMB and AoE) in my order summary :(

Ordered it, and I don't even have a DS. :( Also got Blitz for my younger brother, he's been bothering me for it for days now. Not a bad deal.

I picked up a new copy at walmart for $25.59 last night. I'm guessing this was to match CC across the street and then some, but it's worth a shot even if you don't have a CC near you.

[quote name='Follandboy']I would be all over this, but I will not buy anything from EB.com after the merger.[/QUOTE]
I will agree with this statement. I barely even go into the stores now, unless they have the Platinum disney titles that I can sell. I have always hated gamestop and their excessive abuse of selling cart-only games and EB used to at least promise the case for GC, Xbox, or PS2. Why even risk buying something if there's a 50% chance that it will come defective or without it's original contents. Also, the lack of being able to stack coupons and the crappy morning updates destroyed my buying habits as well.

Gamestop can burn

EDIT: to release a bit more frustration, When I do go in there, they always nag on me to preorder every game that is coming out in the next three years! Get a life!!

Even if it is a new release game, I wouldn't put it past Gamestop to toss the manual and case just to reduce the shipping costs.

[quote name='tayaf69']

EDIT: to release a bit more frustration, When I do go in there, they always nag on me to preorder every game that is coming out in the next three years! Get a life!![/QUOTE]

This is something new for me too that's started popping up. I get asked at least 3 times at these stores if I've brought any trade-in's, did I know this hot game was coming out, blah blah blah. When I come in with empty hands, well, duh, I didn't bring trade-in's at all.

It's gotten to the point where I'll just use my cell phone the whole time I'm in there so they don't bother me. It was never this bad.

What has me wondering is why GS has the used price $10 less than new price. Normally its only $5 less for used. Anyways I wouldnt buy a used game online from them because of the no guarantee on case/manual. Just B&M for me, even with all the harassing by the employees about trading games in (no, I collect them) and preordering (well ok, just give me some of the free game swag).

[quote name='Roufuss']This is something new for me too that's started popping up. I get asked at least 3 times at these stores if I've brought any trade-in's, did I know this hot game was coming out, blah blah blah. When I come in with empty hands, well, duh, I didn't bring trade-in's at all.
[/QUOTE]

I noticed that as well. Last time I was in Gamestop, I was asking about N-Gage systems. Of course they didn't have any so I turned around to talk out and the clerk says to me "make sure you bring in some trade ins next time you are in." I just ignored him and walked out

I went into Gamestop today and the cashier didn't even ask me to preorder anything at all. He was just all like welcome to Gamestop as he threw glitter on me and ran out the door laughing! I'll stick with EB from now on......

[quote name='$hady']I went into Gamestop today and the cashier didn't even ask me to preorder anything at all. He was just all like welcome to Gamestop as he threw glitter on me and ran out the door laughing! I'll stick with EB from now on......[/QUOTE]
Did he kick over his own magazine rack on the way out?

Doesn't Gamestop, and now EB, always list used versions with all new releases just as a placeholders? If so, this isn't really a deal, just pointing out the fact that there is now an entry for NSMB.

[quote name='r1s3n']Crap wish I had remembered Age of Empires. Instead I grabbed Lunar, and just checked the reviews, huge mistake.

r1s3n[/QUOTE]

Lunar is okay if you just rush through the story.

[quote name='$hady']I went into Gamestop today and the cashier didn't even ask me to preorder anything at all. He was just all like welcome to Gamestop as he threw glitter on me and ran out the door laughing! I'll stick with EB from now on......[/QUOTE]

Did he look like this.

riptaylor.jpg

How often do you think the internet warehouse or wherever they ship their online orders from gets used games? Will they ship trade-ins from stores to the warehouse to fulfill online orders as a priority?

I want my damn games before I move off campus for the summer....

bread's done
Back